The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    The gal said it can't be her stuff but the guy had that look on his face like he didn't believe her. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Jon, Aren't you supposed to be sleeping?

You should hear this dog howling. He is so disoriented. I'm sure he'll be exhausted by the time I get the drugs flushed from his system.
    Oh gosh. He must be feeling so lost and confused and out of control! Poor baby! I wish I could snuggle him and make it all better!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    He probably wishes you could too. And then take him home. :smile:
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Dude, it sounds like you have some exciting nights there.
  • BodyByBex
    Options

I would LOVE to! But the real question is, would Tessa like him?

• sufferlandrian
    Options

I would LOVE to! But the real question is, would Tessa like him?

Couldn't tell you. I've never known him not drugged up. :smile:
  • RedRockChic
    RedRockChic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It is soooo little Friday here in my world. I'm at the top of my 4th shift... everyone I've ran into so far tells me how crazy it has been all night - which you just gotta love the enthusiasm they are sharing it with - sigh. Two more nights is all I have to do.. two more nights.

Anyone else feel like the week has taken it's time in passing?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The week? I think the last five years have taken forever to pass with no relief in sight.
  • belimawr
    Options
    Time seems to crawl...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Some nights I swear the moon has shifted the time space continuum.
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Who's on tonight? I feel like I've been off in la la land lately. I'm trying to get our house ready to sell with 2 gremlins running around plus find daycare for the summer plus find a place to move to plus keep up with my half marathon training. At least I have a few extra days off this stretch with the holiday and all!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Dang! That sounds like you're busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking competition. :smile:
  • belimawr
    Options
    Hmmm... first time I've heard that one.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @belimawr - LOL. You just don't live far enough out in the country. :smile:
  • belimawr
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'll give you that one... I'm in the suburbs of NJ, grew up in Queens, NY... very far from "country".
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Yay for having to work a holiday weekend!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Yay for having to work a holiday weekend!

I'm excited! It means I get a day I can use later to take off. I plan on using it on a Tuesday and taking a '3 day weekend' in the middle of the week since I am usually off Wednesday and Thursday anyway and I will take my mom and dad to the Alamo and the Riverwalk and drink and sleep ALL three days...as soon as I am off my probationary period....
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    OK, so first off, THC treats for dogs for health problems is bogus. Dogs don't metabolize THC like we do. It makes them light, sound and touch sensitive and can cause such overstimulation that they seizure. It has a mildly sweet smell so dogs are attracted to it. Second, I have no problem with people on THC or pot. However, if you're going to do it, don't leave your stash on the counter and then be surprised with the dog eats it. And third, When you open your car doors and smoke pours out and you reek so bad that my staff is getting high, don't lie to me and tell me it can't be pot. I'll drug test your dog every time.

At least these people were up front about it. It makes treating a lot more simple and a lot cheaper for them. :smile:

Huh. Interesting!

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    @Frankie_Felinius ...I totally googled Lush because I had no idea what it was. Now I kinda hate you(in a good way) for introducing me to it... I totally wanna try their Henna dyes! :lol:

I'm so sorry. I wish I hadn't been introduced to it! The actual stores are an experience. You can smell them a few stores away...they are so fragrant. My fiance went in with me the first time (what a sport) and had to go stand outside because he was overcome by all the heady scents. Now he just stands outside everytime. Last time some older guy was waiting outside too...he was in the same boat. Apparently for chicks, it is heaven...men...sensory overload. :D

I've never tried their hennas but I'm interested, too. I developed an allergy to traditional hair color a few years ago. Now I can only use vegan-y "temporary" colors and hennas. Before I developed my allergy, I was a box redhead for over 10+ years and I miss it so much! Red with the colors I can use is even higher maintenance than box dye red! I might try a red henna once I get sick of the wild colors again!

• MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Two full timers put in their 2-week notice today. One nightshifter. I REALLY hope this won't impact my schedule, but we have no PRN or parttimers to cover. Our hospital is not too competitive salary-wise, and nobody wants to work here. I'm here bc it's close to home and I don't have to drive all over DC. The health system that just bought us out is on a hiring freeze, as well. Good luck to the ones that got out, but I'm screwed