Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Barbosas77
    Barbosas77 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I ate a bag of peanut m&m's last night, (I logged it) I feel bad today, but I needed it and its my weakness when it comes to that time lol
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Aaaaaand... where are your two? ;)

Dang I thought I could slip that in without my two. You caught me....
    ok this is more difficult than I thought... umm... I'm very organized and a great planner. (my husband would say my work ethic and planning skills are what made him fall in love with me... how romantic, right? LOL)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Confession: The other day my 2 1/2 year old told me to go stand in the corner for saying the word stupid
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Today, my husband and I were sitting together on our respective laptops, when he suddenly looked up and demanded... "Define yourself!"

...I confess that the first two words that popped into my head and spilled out of my mouth were "Ugly. Fat."

I also confess that this makes me sad. :'(

Aww, we can be our own worst enemy sometimes. I know it is hard (I suffer from this myself), but try to be nicer to yourself. Also, if I were asked about you, judging from your comments I would have said compassionate, animal loving and kind.
  • Barbosas77
    Barbosas77 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I love all the pet photos too!

I gained 3 pounds before we left for Vegas last week to make my dress fit and I'm up another six today (which is hopefully mostly water and will go away soon), but we're married!

Sorry they're kinda huge...

IMG_2872_zpsz2916wyy.jpg

IMG_2848_zps7mjyrtxv.jpg

IMG_2843_zpswiblzkco.jpg

Gorgeous! Congratulations!!!
    OMG you look beautiful and congrats!!!!!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    margfish wrote: »
    I don't know why I'm suddenly having such a hard time staying on track lately. I don't even remember it being this hard when I first started and had tons of bad habits to break and zero fitness level. WTF?! I haven't had any days that were 100% awful - I've kept up with my exercising and I'd say about 75% of my eating has still been fairly healthy. But I keep screwing up, and I hate that.

Like yesterday: I was hungry while I exercised (walking) and instead of ignoring it like I should've, I actually ate a bunch of Chex mix while I was walking. Talk about defeating the purpose (and I obviously wasn't pushing myself hard enough if I could stuff my face while walking either). What a waste.

I weighed myself yesterday morning and I'm up 3 pounds and at the same weight I was in the beginning of May. Might be water weight; might not. Regardless, it's like any of the work I've done these past few weeks was for nothing because of all the screw-ups. I just wish I could tap into some of the motivation I've had in the past and push through this. I don't know if it's because I'm burnt out or if I'm letting my emotions of late (stressed and depressed about being unemployed) take over where food is concerned. But I'm really tired of feeling like this. :/

Not for nothing! Think how much you might be up if you weren't getting it right 75% of the time plus still exercising! It's easy to completely give up, but you're hanging in there. Just focus on one day at a time.

And please explain to me how you were walking around with a pocketful of Chex mix?! ;) I love that, haha. Reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite.

This made me laugh
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Confession: The other day my 2 1/2 year old told me to go stand in the corner for saying the word stupid

o:) Too cute!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I've kind of lost my drive to keep on track, which is really stupid since I'll have to be seen in a swimsuit in a little more than a month. I just want to eat and drink what I want and not give a crap. I think I might be depressed because of all the crap that's going on right now with my stepdaughter (not going into that) and my kitty being gone.

I did have an NSV yesterday while cleaning out my closet. I have a pair of BCBG boots that have always been tight on my calves. I put them on yesterday and I actually had a little bit of room where they weren't suffocating my legs. I felt pretty good about that.

I've been there pretty much the entire month of May. It sucks. But, like you I had an NSV last week. I put my tankini on - the same one I bought when I got married 5 years ago and the top has "grown" and is to big to wear in public (will wear it while in the yard sun bathing. Made me feel a bit better to see the results of all the tracking.

Then today I went to Marshall's to see if I can find some good capris. I didn't find anything (they only had about 3 pairs in my size and they were something my great-grandmother would wear) but I found a bunch of dresses that I liked. One was a size 12 calvin Kline and it was just a bit too tight but I was able to zip it up. I felt awesome (was a size 16-18 at one point). So I bought a pair of quite white heals for summer. First new pair summer sandals in 3 years. I like feeling pretty.

My point being, is even though it is a struggle to stay on track a lot of the time, there is progress :)

I hope you feel better.

Thanks, @smashley_mashley . Congrats on your NSV's as well! I think sometimes, those can be far more rewarding than the stupid scale numbers.

I also like feeling pretty. I get irritated that age appropriate clothes in most stores look like old lady clothes that I wouldn't wear out of the dressing room, much less in public.

I am having a hard time finding a swimsuit that is both flattering, body conscious (not sure I spelled that correctly), cute and not $370. I can't really wear a one-piece for several reasons. I have a long torso, so by the time I get it pulled up to cover my chest, I look like Borat. I also am rather flat chested so unless that baby has some serious padding, I end up looking like a 10 year old prepubescent girl. Plus, all the slimming ones don't go any smaller than an 8 so that's not an option either.

I feel very whiney today. Sorry about that.

Finding clothes with a long torso is challenging! Growing up, bodysuits were really popular for awhile...that was not a comfortable phase of my life!
  • kellienw335
    edited May 2015
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I love all the pet photos too!

I gained 3 pounds before we left for Vegas last week to make my dress fit and I'm up another six today (which is hopefully mostly water and will go away soon), but we're married!

Sorry they're kinda huge...

IMG_2872_zpsz2916wyy.jpg

IMG_2848_zps7mjyrtxv.jpg

IMG_2843_zpswiblzkco.jpg

You're back! Congratulations! I can't see the pics. :(

ETA: grammar is hard!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    In just a little bit, I'm going to drop off the registration form for my son to start preschool in the fall. I'm freaking out a little...where has my baby gone!? Don't back out..don't back out...

I'm with you. My baby starts kindergarten in the fall and I'm freaking out as well. I'm also worried about him adjusting to a school environment since this is the first time he'll be going to school. He's been home with my husband for the past 2 years.

That's the same reason that I'm so nervous...I'm a SAHM and we are together every day, all day. On top of that, he has only been away from both my husband and I (at the same time) ONCE...and it was for 2 hours. Three and a half years old...and only 2 hours away from his parents. It's going to be tough! He seems to be excited though...we'll see how it goes when it comes to actually going.
    Good luck to you! We can do this! :)

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »

Aaaaaand... where are your two? ;)

Dang I thought I could slip that in without my two. You caught me....
    ok this is more difficult than I thought... umm... I'm very organized and a great planner. (my husband would say my work ethic and planning skills are what made him fall in love with me... how romantic, right? LOL)

I did mention that I was analytical, didn't I? Lol.
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    We've got friends over for lunch tomorrow ...it is a rule in my house that we always offer 3 puddings ...I've put them in my recipe builder and one of them is 870 calories a portion...I have no plans on eating it but it was yummy licking my fingers (I logged it)

I remember that post from the early days of this thread and I wrote a reply something along the lines of begging @rabbitjb to invite me over for lunch because THREE PUDDINGS is basically my definition of Heaven... I was on my phone and it wouldn't post... so here's my second chance.

• kelly_c_77
    Options
    I prelogged my food today... I gave myself 4 servings of cherries (because I LOVE cherries) but I can't remember if I've already had 2 or 3 servings already :(

I hate when I weigh something & then two minutes later cannot remember how much it weighed LOL.

Haha, I do that all the time

Same here!

• AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Ugh...so bummed. I had my youngest son Sept 2014 and it was a horrible pregnancy (actually both of mine were but his was the worst), complete with severe Hyperemesis (basically you throw up 30-40-50x/day and break blood vessels in your face, damage your esophageal lining, etc.) I had a home health nurse come and give me IVs every other day because I literally couldn't eat or drink anything. I still threw up constantly, just not as much.

It did serious damage to my teeth. Most of my enamel has worn off, teeth are rotted out, etc. I've been working on fixing my teeth since last Oct. We have spent $10k (seriously) just since March on root canals/crowns and we are TAPPED out. That was AFTER the $3k insurance covered. Our credit cards are maxed, savings is gone. Since Oct it's been 4 root canals/crowns, 8 fillings, 1 tooth pulled.

I go in tonight to have the dentist check another tooth that I'm thinking he has to pull. Awesome. That'll be like another $400 :( Never mind the constant mouth soreness and losing pieces of the tooth.

I'm OVER IT. I just want to scream/cry/hit things. I'm tired of constantly being in pain and being broke from it. It's not fair to my children that $ that could be used for their care is going to my stupid teeth :( I'm also mad that I'm 33 and having dental work done like I'm 50.

I really feel for you. In the last couple of years I have also dropped like $5k on ny teeth all out of pocket without insurance. I have no kids to support so at least this only affects me but it does feel ridiculous that at 29 a quarter of my teeth are not mine.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

:)

• kellienw335
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Big day in our house - my son had his high school graduation. I was a weeping, emotional wreck because it's been a long, hard battle for all of us. He has ADHD and mild Asperger's, but he's (hopefully!) graduating from the regular school program. It feels like a huge triumph!
    fvs1bfqbgirl.jpg

Awesome news! You look great!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Ugh...so bummed. I had my youngest son Sept 2014 and it was a horrible pregnancy (actually both of mine were but his was the worst), complete with severe Hyperemesis (basically you throw up 30-40-50x/day and break blood vessels in your face, damage your esophageal lining, etc.) I had a home health nurse come and give me IVs every other day because I literally couldn't eat or drink anything. I still threw up constantly, just not as much.

It did serious damage to my teeth. Most of my enamel has worn off, teeth are rotted out, etc. I've been working on fixing my teeth since last Oct. We have spent $10k (seriously) just since March on root canals/crowns and we are TAPPED out. That was AFTER the $3k insurance covered. Our credit cards are maxed, savings is gone. Since Oct it's been 4 root canals/crowns, 8 fillings, 1 tooth pulled.

I go in tonight to have the dentist check another tooth that I'm thinking he has to pull. Awesome. That'll be like another $400 :( Never mind the constant mouth soreness and losing pieces of the tooth.

I'm OVER IT. I just want to scream/cry/hit things. I'm tired of constantly being in pain and being broke from it. It's not fair to my children that $ that could be used for their care is going to my stupid teeth :( I'm also mad that I'm 33 and having dental work done like I'm 50.

Oh that's awful. I'm sorry. I get horribly frustrated at health care costs too :(

So on Monday we went out to lunch with friends... They picked Friendly's. There was *one* option under 500 calories on the menu (and the rest was pretty much 800 calories or more). And it was a salad. I had checked their menu online and there was some turkey dish I wanted to get but it wasn't in the menu there. So I got a bit bitchy about it because I didn't want a salad (before the friends showed up though!). Ended up having the salad anyway because I was starving (and it was ok). But everyone else got some 1500+ calories dishes. They're all obese. I felt extremely self conscious ordering my salad with fat free dressing... One of the women was the one who asked me how I stayed 'so skinny' on Sunday too. I guess she knows now.

I did get an ice cream cone, and I ordered one scoop and they gave me two. Not too happy about that either, but I was actually under my goal by 200 that day at least. And it was good. But yeah, I don't understand why they'd do that?
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I sweat like a dog.
    Caught you in a lie. Dogs don't sweat! :smile:

• saboorina
    saboorina Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Uuugggg. Now I feel sooooo guilty. I had a break down with my healthy eating habits. I'm on a low carb diet. I've been doing great for a month and a half. I work the night shift stocking shelves. Last night I got moved out of my normal area into the candy department.I was doing so good......until I saw them. Those sweet decadent, yummy grape flavored red vines. They were calling out to me......"sabrina..eat me. Just one. One won't hurt". I ate the whole dang package. 400 waisted calories, plus a chocolate protien shake..an other 400 calories. Had to go for a long bike ride, so I can at least have something for dinner besides lettus.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I found the best organic frozen yogurt yesterday that is lemon flavoured. Confession, I ate the entire pint in one sitting. Apparently I am not allowed that deliciousness in my house lol
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I prelogged my food today... I gave myself 4 servings of cherries (because I LOVE cherries) but I can't remember if I've already had 2 or 3 servings already :(

I hate when I weigh something & then two minutes later cannot remember how much it weighed LOL.

I thought I was the only one that did this. It's the worst with fruit/veggies.

When I'm weighing a pile of veggies I make up a song about their weight in my head, then chant it continuously to myself until I can log it... ;)

I write it down on the white board in my kitchen - this board is also very useful when calculating the weight of recipes (in order to get 100g servings).