Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Confession: Recently, as an attempt at portion control, I tried to make one of those "Microwave Peanut Butter Cookie in a Mug" recipes that I saw on YouTube instead of making a whole tray of cookies and risking eating them all. It was awful and sad and doesn't deserve the name "cookie". *sniffle*

SO, today, I wanted peanut butter cookies (I always want peanut butter cookies), but I didn't have enough of any ingredient to make a tray of cookies. So I made the recipe for the microwave cookie, topped it with a bit of whipped cream, and ate the dough raw. Delicious! ;)

If you want the baked cookies next time, make the dough for a full batch, roll it up like slice and bake cookies, then freeze it, and only slice off enough to bake a few at a time as you go.

I've tried that. I just don't have the self control--When I have cookie dough in my freezer, it gets pulled out and baked or eaten raw. *blush*
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I love all the pet photos too!

I gained 3 pounds before we left for Vegas last week to make my dress fit and I'm up another six today (which is hopefully mostly water and will go away soon), but we're married!

Sorry they're kinda huge...

IMG_2872_zpsz2916wyy.jpg

IMG_2848_zps7mjyrtxv.jpg

IMG_2843_zpswiblzkco.jpg

OMG congratulations! You look beautiful, and it looks like everyone had a wonderful time!!!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    I've been UNSUCCESSFUL in weight loss because of bad habits that seem too difficult to change. I eat when I am not hungry and eat based on emotional comfort vs eating because I need to. Far too often I may get up in the middle of the night, feeling hungry I'll eat a peanut butter and orange marmalade sandwich or something else.

I looked at myself the other day and felt disgusted in how I look. For too many months I felt too apathetic to change <I won't say why publicly - only privately and in limited capacity as to why>. The other day it shocked me to feel I am the "fattest" at home, get called fat and even know I am the fattest among co-workers.

What I am scared of most is failing, not loosing weight and my willpower only lasting a few days.

It may seem overwhelming at first, but tackle one habit at a time. Once you see that you CAN change bad habits and create new ones and be successful you will build momentum. Identifying that you are an emotional eater is the first step. Now to replace the reaction to eat with something else. Anything else. Healthy, of course. If it's the middle of the night I'm pretty sure going for a walk isn't a good idea, so maybe read something. Turning on the TV can be a food trigger, plus it could interrupt your sleep pattern. I'd have a drink of water, acknowledge that you don't really need fuel and try to go back to sleep.

NO ONE should call you fat and get away with it. Shut those people down. Unacceptable. Don't compare yourself to others, either. You are an individual. We are all different.

We are all scared of failure to some degree. Accept that you will have good days and bad, but bad days are not failures. They are just a bump or turn in the road. Stay on the road! It will take you down the right path. Also, don't rely on willpower. That is a recipe for failure. Make a plan, do it, and don't attach emotions to it. Welcome to this thread and keep posting!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    I've just booked a holiday to New York and I'm so excited to try all of the American foods and restaurants people post here that we don't get in the UK. I've been to Florida 3 times when I was in my teens but mostly we just lived off Denny's and Subway. This time I'm gonna take full advantage of the yummy foods. I need recommendations!

For example I've never had Key lime pie and everyone raves on about it! I'm dying to try it. Now obviously I know you can get that here but I'm holding out as I imagine it's so much better in the USA!

My elder son lives in Brooklyn and works in Manhattan, he is always trying new things. I'll ask him for some recommendations for you.

My DOH! would recommend Carnegie Deli but only if you are keen on a pound of corned beef.

Roxy Diner in the theater district in NYC has some pretty amazing cheesecake!
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Big day in our house - my son had his high school graduation. I was a weeping, emotional wreck because it's been a long, hard battle for all of us. He has ADHD and mild Asperger's, but he's (hopefully!) graduating from the regular school program. It feels like a huge triumph!
    fvs1bfqbgirl.jpg

That's fantastic! Congratulations to you, and your son!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Today, my husband and I were sitting together on our respective laptops, when he suddenly looked up and demanded... "Define yourself!"

...I confess that the first two words that popped into my head and spilled out of my mouth were "Ugly. Fat."

I also confess that this makes me sad. :'(

Although I suspect that one of the first words I'd use to define myself is also "ugly", I'm now tasking you to come up with two POSITIVE attributes to replace those ones.

Off the top of my head, mine would be "funny" (I promise, I constantly make people laugh IRL, probably not so evident on here) and "analytical".

Ooh, that's a challenge! Umm, let me think... Positive attributes...

My first would probably be that I automatically think the best of people. If someone didn't show up for a meeting or did something inconsiderate, I always think of what might have been going on in their circumstances first and make excuses for them to myself, rather than just getting angry that they didn't meet my expectations.

My second... (Gosh, this is hard. X_X)... Umm... Does "I'm good at not offending people" count? Because, with confrontation being a major trigger for my anxiety, I'm pretty good at that. It doesn't sound particularly impressive, though...

Confession: It took me ten minutes to come up with those.

Happier confession: Due to some horrible financial circumstances growing up, I never got a high school diploma. After I got married, my husband paid for me to take the GED test. Well, I proudly proclaim that I received my diploma and transcripts in the mail today!

Also, I scored in the 99th percentile on ALL subjects except one, which I scored in the 97th. :)

Congratulations on the GED!

And just from what I know of you from this thread, you are kind, considerate, and smart!

Aww, everyone here is so kind to me! :) Thank you so much!
  • jennlandau
    jennlandau Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am afraid that I will always be this big. I have 100+ pounds to lose. I see what others have done to do so (eat Clean, train to run marathons, make food plans & control of food their whole life) and I don't really want those measures but I am not happy with my current weight either. I exercise 2 to 4 times a week doing things with a higher intensity (LaBlast, Pound, Zumba, Kettle Bell AMPD, Salsa Dancing) and can keep up pretty good, especially for my size. My stamina and strength have definitely improved over the last year. No movement on the scale but I am down a pant size, one to 2 dress sizes. In addition, many of the clothes that I own still fit but are now too long, I guess because there is less holding them up (I am really short too!).

I know that food journaling, watching fat grams, exercise & stress management are the keys for me. I know that I need to work harder on all of that, especially the food journaling, but what if even with the work this is as good as it gets? What if I will never be under 200 pounds? What if I am forever a plus size with all of the shaming and weight bias that that entails?

That is my true fear for the future :(
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Today, my husband and I were sitting together on our respective laptops, when he suddenly looked up and demanded... "Define yourself!"

...I confess that the first two words that popped into my head and spilled out of my mouth were "Ugly. Fat."

Although I suspect that one of the first words I'd use to define myself is also "ugly", I'm now tasking you to come up with two POSITIVE attributes to replace those ones.

Off the top of my head, mine would be "funny" (I promise, I constantly make people laugh IRL, probably not so evident on here) and "analytical".

My first would probably be that I automatically think the best of people. If someone didn't show up for a meeting or did something inconsiderate, I always think of what might have been going on in their circumstances first and make excuses for them to myself, rather than just getting angry that they didn't meet my expectations.

My second... (Gosh, this is hard. X_X)... Umm... Does "I'm good at not offending people" count? Because, with confrontation being a major trigger for my anxiety, I'm pretty good at that. It doesn't sound particularly impressive, though...

Happier confession: Due to some horrible financial circumstances growing up, I never got a high school diploma. After I got married, my husband paid for me to take the GED test. Well, I proudly proclaim that I received my diploma and transcripts in the mail today!

Also, I scored in the 99th percentile on ALL subjects except one, which I scored in the 97th. :)

I think this is a great trait to have! I'm the opposite. I usually assume the worst, although I'm trying to work on it. I will use you as my inspiration: WWSD? (What would Suzie do? lol). I think the second one is good too, because too many people are inconsiderate with other people's feelings.

And congrats on your diploma!

I am like you. I always assume the worst. And I am always disappointed in people. Even family and friends. That whole do onto others... So few people adhere to it!!!
  • mabbott66
    mabbott66 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I relocated to North Carolina about 1.5 years ago and gained 20 lbs... working hard to get it together but it is hard... started back walking my dogs twice daily, each trip is 2 miles... those cold winter days really did it, hated going outside when its cold... but I am determined to drop these 20lbs by end of summer. Wish me luck. Feel free to yell at me if I don't log my walks daily... :wink:
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

Major congratulations!! Good for you! And good work on the positive attributes as well ;)
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Yesterday afternoon I started getting a sore throat. I just thought I was thirsty. It got worse as the day went on. Fast forward to this morning where it's so swollen I can barely swallow. I'll be taking myself to the doctor today.

Sounds nasty. Take care of yourself... and... do you still have your tonsils? Those symptoms sound very familiar.
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Confession-Sometimes this thread is a bad influence. I was eating some of that Peanut Butter and Co white chocolate peanut butter and ate a bunch of it. My reasoning was, well the people from the thread do it sometimes so I'm normal. :|

Through some of the confessions on here, I've learned about all kinds of yummy treats (like the white chocolate PB and multiple exotic pop tart varieties) that I never knew existed because they don't appear on my supermarket shelves. So... I hunt them down. I could just ignore the information, but nooooooo.

Yep. Confetti Cupcake Pop Tarts last night.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I scrolled back to get to the original post so I could echo the CONGRATULATIONS! That is great and you should be very proud.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Confession: Recently, as an attempt at portion control, I tried to make one of those "Microwave Peanut Butter Cookie in a Mug" recipes that I saw on YouTube instead of making a whole tray of cookies and risking eating them all. It was awful and sad and doesn't deserve the name "cookie". *sniffle*

SO, today, I wanted peanut butter cookies (I always want peanut butter cookies), but I didn't have enough of any ingredient to make a tray of cookies. So I made the recipe for the microwave cookie, topped it with a bit of whipped cream, and ate the dough raw. Delicious! ;)

Would you mind sharing the recipe? I too, struggle with portion control with certain things. I would love to find a great, quick recipe to help keep me in control ;)

I'd be happy to, but I warn you that it's seriously not worth it. Counting up the calories, it's around 500+, and doesn't taste anywhere near as good as regular peanut butter cookie dough because the ingredient "scale" is off in an effort to keep the microwaved version as good as the regular (which it isn't. At ALL.). :/ I'd personally advise scaling down a regular peanut butter cookie recipe to as small as you want it, then just leave out the egg and add a tablespoon of milk instead. (That's if you're not planning to microwave it, obviously.)

The ingredients are:
    • 30g flour
    • 15g sugar
    • 15g butter
    • 15g brown sugar
    • 15g peanut butter
    • 1 egg yolk
    • a few drops of vanilla
    • pinch of salt

Cream the butter, peanut butter, and sugars. Add in the egg yolk and the vanilla and mix till combined. Dump in the flour and salt and mix till combined. Microwave in a mug for one minute on high.

Just to repeat and emphasize, I definitely don't recommend the recipe. At least not "cooked". Didn't feed my craving at all. :(
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    fr3smyl wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Oh and new profile pic. SKINNY ARMS ROB LOWE!!! He's my fav out of those commercials.

I was going to ask about that! Now I see it. I couldn't tell what it was at first.

Looks like I'm not having any mayonnaise cuz the struggle is real! lol

Although in haste I did mistake his name. It's actually SCRAWNY ARMS ROB LOWE. (I know, same difference) hahaha

Oh yeah, you know how UN-PC is it use words like "skinny" and "fat"! On a related note, is my guacamole promoting obesity? I opened the lid and inside it says, "I'm chunky and proud of it!".

I only hear one thing from guac.... EAT ALL OF ME IN ONE SITTING. <3 I love guac soooo much. I can (but don't) eat it by the spoonful.

I have a latex allergy so avocados cause issues. But I still pop a few pills and try some guacamole like twice a year. ;)

Latex and Avocado are related?

I've read that some latex allergies are so severe that anything with a compound that's *similar* to latex will cause reaction, and some fruits and veggies have that compound. I don't know much about it, though. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Today's confession is that I got pretty judgy in a couple of other threads yesterday. Sorry if I offended anyone, but there are a couple of whiny excuse factories on here that drive me nuts!

(oops...did I just judge in the "no-judgment" thread?)

Don't worry, I'm a silent supporter because typically I have nothing genuine to add to the convo except things like #teamxMrBunglex or +1 ,which that does no one any good especially the OP haha

That's more than me. I look for these threads but never, ever post in them.

Me too. I don't want to be a target. This thread is pretty much it for me.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »

Aww, we can be our own worst enemy sometimes. I know it is hard (I suffer from this myself), but try to be nicer to yourself. Also, if I were asked about you, judging from your comments I would have said compassionate, animal loving and kind.

I completely agree with this and couldn't have said it better myself. I also want to know what his answer was...
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »

this is a great idea. We should all do this. 2 attributes about yourself that are positive. Believe me, you have so much more to offer than physical appearance and the way we see ourselves is so much different than others see us. If we all saw ourselves as others do- we would all be beautiful (and we are).

I am struggling on this one too. Hmmm..... Smart and very hardworking. I have an amazing capacity for work. Saying smart does make me feel self conscious but people say that all the time and it makes me feel good. So I'll echo it. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

I scrolled back to get to the original post so I could echo the CONGRATULATIONS! That is great and you should be very proud.

I'm overwhelmed with the response, seriously! Thank you (and everyone else!) so much for all the kind responses. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Ugh...so bummed. I had my youngest son Sept 2014 and it was a horrible pregnancy (actually both of mine were but his was the worst), complete with severe Hyperemesis (basically you throw up 30-40-50x/day and break blood vessels in your face, damage your esophageal lining, etc.) I had a home health nurse come and give me IVs every other day because I literally couldn't eat or drink anything. I still threw up constantly, just not as much.

It did serious damage to my teeth. Most of my enamel has worn off, teeth are rotted out, etc. I've been working on fixing my teeth since last Oct. We have spent $10k (seriously) just since March on root canals/crowns and we are TAPPED out. That was AFTER the $3k insurance covered. Our credit cards are maxed, savings is gone. Since Oct it's been 4 root canals/crowns, 8 fillings, 1 tooth pulled.

I go in tonight to have the dentist check another tooth that I'm thinking he has to pull. Awesome. That'll be like another $400 :( Never mind the constant mouth soreness and losing pieces of the tooth.

I'm OVER IT. I just want to scream/cry/hit things. I'm tired of constantly being in pain and being broke from it. It's not fair to my children that $ that could be used for their care is going to my stupid teeth :( I'm also mad that I'm 33 and having dental work done like I'm 50.

Oh that's awful. I'm sorry. I get horribly frustrated at health care costs too :(

So on Monday we went out to lunch with friends... They picked Friendly's. There was *one* option under 500 calories on the menu (and the rest was pretty much 800 calories or more). And it was a salad. I had checked their menu online and there was some turkey dish I wanted to get but it wasn't in the menu there. So I got a bit bitchy about it because I didn't want a salad (before the friends showed up though!). Ended up having the salad anyway because I was starving (and it was ok). But everyone else got some 1500+ calories dishes. They're all obese. I felt extremely self conscious ordering my salad with fat free dressing... One of the women was the one who asked me how I stayed 'so skinny' on Sunday too. I guess she knows now.

I did get an ice cream cone, and I ordered one scoop and they gave me two. Not too happy about that either, but I was actually under my goal by 200 that day at least. And it was good. But yeah, I don't understand why they'd do that?

Maybe because they knew all you ate before that was a salad with fat free dressing! Not saying it was right of them, of course. Sorry you had to settle for the salad, but I refuse to eat fat free dressing. Pretty gross most of the time. I'll get oil and vinegar instead if there are no other options.

I don't mind... typically I'm ok with just vinegar. I just don't like plain salad. That dressing was actually not bad too!
    jennlandau wrote: »
    I am afraid that I will always be this big. I have 100+ pounds to lose. I see what others have done to do so (eat Clean, train to run marathons, make food plans & control of food their whole life) and I don't really want those measures but I am not happy with my current weight either. I exercise 2 to 4 times a week doing things with a higher intensity (LaBlast, Pound, Zumba, Kettle Bell AMPD, Salsa Dancing) and can keep up pretty good, especially for my size. My stamina and strength have definitely improved over the last year. No movement on the scale but I am down a pant size, one to 2 dress sizes. In addition, many of the clothes that I own still fit but are now too long, I guess because there is less holding them up (I am really short too!).

I know that food journaling, watching fat grams, exercise & stress management are the keys for me. I know that I need to work harder on all of that, especially the food journaling, but what if even with the work this is as good as it gets? What if I will never be under 200 pounds? What if I am forever a plus size with all of the shaming and weight bias that that entails?

That is my true fear for the future :(

You don't have to do all that. Seriously. One step at a time, and there's no such thing as 'clean eating' anyway. It was easier once I figured that out...

I started with just logging my food and try to stick to my goal (to lose 1 pound a week, I had 80 pounds to lose). Didn't even exercise for 3 weeks... just wanted to get the eating down first. And you don't have to eat 'clean' or run marathons... just to eat less, make better choices and try to be more active (for me that came when I figured out that I could eat more if I moved more).

You got this!

@Susieq_1994 Congrats! I missed that part of your post too somehow.

Confession - it's 3pm and I'm having dinner. I foresee myself going over. Haven't been able to stay under my goal for more than 2 days lately... I just get too hungry on the third.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishments @Susieq_1994!

I'm just really tired of having to deal with insurance and medical companies. I requested some forms from my stay at the hospital and was told several times over the phone that it was something I couldn't pick up; I'd have to wait for them to arrive in the mail. For some reason, no one else can comprehend this. I've had to explain it over and over again to my family and to the insurance representative.