WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2015

Options

Replies

• JoanMichelleAmena
    JoanMichelleAmena Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Joyce - We have stayed off Disney property for most of our trips, usually in condos. Encantada Resort is very reasonable. We really enjoyed our stay at Disney Movies The Little Mermaid because the rooms were newer and a little larger than the other value resort rooms. If you want to stay on property, I would recommend checking out David’s Disney Vacation Club website. On this website you buy points from Disney Vacation Club members and apply the points to rent a Disney resort room(s). The savings is about 1/3 to 1/2 off the regular rate. We stayed in the Contemporary Resort Bay Towers using that website, but there are a lot of Disney resorts listed. We thought Bay Towers would be more convenient since it is on the monorail, but the walk through the hotel and across the walkway seemed pretty far to me. As far as Holiday World, I think I would give up the water park section, let the younger ones do that while you and your DH take in the music shows. I only say that because of the way that heat saps energy. After the amusement park section, you’ll probably want a break. But if you wake up that day feeling like you want to do the water park and the weather isn’t too hot, just go for it. People understand when assistance is needed, and are glad for everyone to participate.

Janet - Six sizes in my closet because I’m planning on wearing all those smaller sizes as I loose weight! My daughter claims that I won’t like the styles anymore, but there are a lot of basics in there that can be resurrected!

Sylvia - I love mini vans too! They are just so roomy and open. Who needs a truck when you’ve got a mini van? The car salesman nearly always has to take an aspirin when my “frugal” (dare I say, cheap) DH negotiates. I just watch because I know DH is way cheaper than me, and he can sit out those uncomfortable silences. Very smart of you to Google that third party company!

Lesley - Prayers for your daughter to have strength and confidence as she undergoes surgery and radiation.

DrKatiebug - Our pets are family members too. So sorry for the loss of Sebastian. I’m sure he had a good life in your loving home.

Book club dinner meeting went well. Ate only a small amount of chicken salad and fruit. Amazed myself by eating a TINY SLIVER of pie. I made a joke out of it when my friend tried to cut a slice for me, sending her back to reduce the size three times, until she appeared with a teaspoon-sized triangle (I am not exaggerating) which I ate in about 10 micro bites. Two other women decided to do the same so we looked pretty ridiculous, but it was guilt free and effective!
    Mostly spent the day shopping with my daughters with little to show for it, but we had a pretty good time. Normally, I’m not much of a shopper, but I didn’t want to pass up the opportunity to hang out with both of them.
    We are planning our Northeast trip. Got Broadway tickets to An American in Paris and Phantom. So exciting! The Beverly Hillbillies are going to Times Square!

Joan in Alabama
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,281 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

WELCOME BACK Yanniejannie! :flowerforyou: I hope things take a turn for the better.

I'm loving this hotel. Very grand, spacious and calm. No "noises off". :laugh: I got my swim in for half an hour when I arrived and I had done 300 on my machines before I left. With the walking to the fish restaurant in the evening I clocked up 650 cals of delicious food and drink to consume. In the end I went over losing cals, but was just under maintenance, so I'm happy. :)

York is gorgeous. Lovely old streets, a city wall, a castle bottanic garden and, of course, one of England's best cathedrals. Last night we went and had a quick look at G's new apartment going up beside the river. They have just got up to her level. It will be great. Today we are going to the show flat with her to choose floor coverings, kitchen colours etc. Then it's the cathedral and the crypt. Roman remains down there. Just wslking about is a pleasure.

DH seems to be doing very well with little discomfort apart from a sore throat. He's enjoying his food his sister cooked.

I was so tired last night, but still woke up at 5 this morning. I've had a cup of tea and one of their tempting biscuits :'( and will go down for a calorie counted breskfast soon. I will allow myself 400 cals. Then plus a 150 for the biscuit and milk with tea for the day. I hope to walk my legs off! My new Skecher trainers are fabulous and the arch supports I bought from Amazon on elastic have made all the difference to me. No footpain at all. It has transformed my life!

Dr katie - sorry to hear you have lost your cat friend. I used to have cats as a child, but each loss was so painful and sometimes horribly traumatic that I don't want pets as an adult. :cry:

Oh well, iit is now nearly 7 am so I will get going on my day. A bit of me wanted to get in the pool, but, even with my new hat, my hair gets a bit wet and I didn't want to blow dry it all again. My new goggles are fantastic though. The hat manufacturers say you can try wearing two hats, so I might have a go at that some time.

Love Heather in York, UK

PS - for dinner last night I had two starters - Razor clams with chorizo and Scallops with haggis. Yummy, but as the portions were minuscule I didn't do too much damage. :laugh: I did have a few of G's wonderful chips. Tonight is Indian. They seem to have lots of fish dishes! ! ! ! :laugh:

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I guess I shall start out by saying, drum roll........my boob squeeze is scheduled for June 1st at 10:30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katla, how wonderful to have wonderful friends that feel comfortable enough with you to stop in like that. Glad you had that surprise! That's the best kind of friend, what they call 'back door' friends.

Pip, thanks so much for riding for us MSers! Really means a lot.

Janet, Myrtle Beach, our first home back in 1973 was $18,000! Anyone else care to share how much theirs was? I think we sold it for around $45,000 and bought a $65,000 back in 1978. When we went to Disney World last time and stayed in one of the resorts, we went ahead and drove to the park, resort customers park free anyway and my rental scooter was easier to get in and out of our car. We were told that the trams back to the resort had no set schedule, you never know if your resort is the first or last one to be picked up or dropped off. Michelle got real sick that last day and took the tram back to the resort. She was in a crowded tram with tired crying children, some with awful smelling diapers and ours was the last resort they dropped off. She had a fever, chilling and was miserable. So we will never ride the tram.

Joan, as soon as I lose I size I give the old ones away. Do not want to see them in my closet anymore and makes me have to work harder if I find myself gaining weight, like right now.

Carol, NC, Evansville now has it's first food truck. But it stops downtown and we never go down there. But I hear it has fantastic food.

Terri Milwaukee, thanks for all your thoughts on the amusement park.

Lisa, I have never let my MS keep me from going somewhere I want to go. If it is choosing going and having fun with my family and having to use my wheel chair or a rented scooter or staying at home, well there is no question. I go and have fun. But the amusement park employee last year who had to help drag me out was a young, they start at 16, and scrawny boy. Plus I know my husband has really missed seeing his music shows. Since we only have a short day at the park, our day is limited and he is outnumbered and he enjoys seeing his family having fun. But he sure lets us know what he has sacrificed. So we would do the amusement park things, have lunch and then split up and let the younger ones go to the amusement park. So that's waht we may do. But the girls and I have discussed other things. Your quilt looks exactly like a window with a lovely view!

Sylvia, congrats on the new van and the expert negotiating skills. Makes me wonder since we did buy the extra plan what it is really like. so far we haven't had to use it. I still have a hard time judging parking my van vs our Escape. The front ends of them are so different.

Michele, the binding on all my quilts is the pits. My favorite quilt I made was a cross stitch. It came in blocks so you could make it as big or as small as you wanted. My Mom and sister bought the first bunch for me for my birthday so that makes it extra special. It had a suggested quilting pattern on it but I didn't like it so I looked at the craft show and found some, I am sitting here racking my brain as to what they are called. It's made of plastic and has holes in the shape of what you are wanting to make. You trace it onto your wall, quilt or object you are making. Anyway I bought them and kind of made my own pattern. It was a queen size quilt and I don't have an actual quilting sewing machine so I had to do it by hand. I always like to use the extra heavy bating which also makes it difficult to machine quilt. But it's my favorite in style and heaviness.

Katiebug, so sorry about your fur baby. They are so much part of our lives and are a huge loss when we have to say goodbye.

Ann, I watched that weight loss show today. I think the secret to me still having so much flab hanging under arms is the weight lifting. The dynamics between those two twins was neat to watch. Losing that much weight in a year though is beyond my comprehension of safe though.

We still haven't heard from Naomi as to what a semicolon drive is. Enquiring minds need to know!!!!

The rain barrels down the street are up on a table of some kind so she can have some gravity with the hoses attached. They are in the front and side of the house so they are brightly painted.

Edited to add. Joan, thanks on all the info of the Disney site. We plan on our nest trip to be next year. When we went before our youngest grand child was pretty small, maybe 3 years ago??? So I guess she was 5.

Some of the things my two daughters and I have discussed is for us girls, either the grand daughters and daughters or just the daughters have a good old fashioned slumber party, doing our nails, hair, make up, giggling, etc. Or going to nail salon would be fun. Owensboro, Ky which is just right down the road has a fantastic park by the river and we have a small children's museum which is fun. But neither is fun for husband. Trinity has a full summer planned anyway so doesn't need Holiday World, church camp goes to Myrtle Beach, friends taking her to lake resort. Plus she is saving money so she can pay her own way into the church camp that her sister will go to for the first time. She would be a junior counselor. So she has a busy summer.

No headache tonight, don't know why. Joyce, Indiana

• CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Heather: can you message me with info about those arch supports?

Katie: so sorry about your cat. I had to have mine put to sleep a year ago this month and I'm still not "over" it.

Cynthia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,281 Member
    Options
    Cynthia - I found them on the orthotics section on Amazon. They are a wide piece of elastic with a rubber shape on one side. Don't look like anything, but people seemed to like them and they were cheap enough to give them a go. Feel weird at first, but it does mean I can wear sandals and slippers and anything that doesn't fit an orthotic.

I had a kipper for breskfast, fresh fruit and some crayfish tails and a fresh anchovy. :D With the biscuit snd milk I am guestimating at 650.

There was quite loud music at breakfast. They did turn it down a bit, but the waitress asked me to complain to management about it as she hates it too. It's the only thing about this hotel that I haven't liked, apart from the too complicated bathroom taps. Soaked myself a couple of times from the tripartite shower taps. Grrrrrrrr!

Off in a minute round town.

Heather in York UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,749 Member
    Options
    Morning sweet friends~
    Dr KatieBug~ so sorry to hear about your fur baby.. never ever is it easy to lose part of the family,,,,
    Well my DD and DGD are in town ,they are here for Kyles brothers wedding, only her for 4 days and his family monopilizes there time.. I have to stay in the house as they are delivering the cabinets today between 10-2 ,but I am hoping Tracy and Tal come for awhile, would love to get them up to see my dad..
    I am hoping to have Taliah overnight,but have to work at 9:30 on friday.. so would have to drop her off early.. but I will take what I can get..
    I am saving up to buy myself an Ipad air 2 ,for my birthday.. I get a whopping 20.00 a week, but a dear friend gave me a 100.00 visa gift card, looking to sell my kindle fire hd, and will be watering my friends plants for 2 1/2 weeks and she is paying me 150.00 because I have to drive over the bridge to middletown..
    so that would make 300.00 towards it anyway.
    Sylvia~ we have a Chevy Traverse , and it is quite a comfortable ride, and great for long trips, we are thinking of selling it,but it sure does come in handy, especially in the winter..
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,957 Member
    Options

smiley-sad010.gif Dr.Katie, so sorry for your loss....it is always too soon to say good bye to a beloved cat :'(:'(
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Dr Katie, I'm so sorry about the loss of your sweet kitty. It sounds like you had no choice and did the right thing for him. Hugs.

Joyce, the first house I bought, with my ex husband, was $13,000, in San Antoino in 1975. Three bedrooms, one bath, 411 Rasa Street. I painted the kitchen lime green, the cabinets white, and had a white kitchen table with lime green chairs and I appliquéd lime green plaid flowers on the curtains. Groovy! When we were transferred to Greece we sold it got $15,000. I think they tore it down to build a mall. My son was born when we lived in that house, so I do have some good memories of it.

Joan, I hope you have a great time in NYC. Very funny about the pie.

Well, gotta get going. Have a great day!

Sylvia
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,762 Member
    Options
    Morning.

Zucchini and shrimp did not set well with me last night .... Intense stomach pain for several hours. Or it could have been fresh pineapple I had earlier....

Lesley ... Praying your daughter's surgery went well and her recovery is complete

Drkatiebug .... Sorry for your fur baby loss

Beth in WNY
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning Ladies,

Jules, we’ll have to plan a day for you to come to MB. I’d love to meet you and spend a day at the beach. In fact, we have talked about planning a time for all that can to come meet up here.

Terri/Milwaukee, you are welcome for me being me, and thank you for you being you. 

Lisa, the trip was definitely worth the pounds, but happy to report that they are gone now.

Sylvia
    , congrats on the new van. New cars are so nice and such fun.

Pip, I don’t know what I did to hurt your feelings, but you know I love you and would never do that on purpose.

Terri, how wonderful for your new job and new cheerleaders.

Vicki, I had never heard of that choice in tickets either. Makes me a little suspicious.

Yannie, good to see you. You have been missed.

Meg, glad you are getting nice weather finally. Get out there and enjoy it while it lasts.

Michele
    , I know about not being able to lie on your back, so I really feel for Vince if he has to have the procedure again. I wonder if they could just keep him knocked out for a few hours? I think that is the only way I could tolerate it. Sending best thoughts for both of you. ((Hugs))

Katie
    , sooo sorry about Sebastian. It is so hard to do the right thing for our fur babies. My heart goes out to you and DH. BTW, that is one good looking man in the picture. *wink, wink*

Sylvia, how nice that the G kids approve of your new van. LOL Congrats on the purchase and I’m sure it will feel “normal” size in no time. There is just something so special about a new vehicle. Don’t ya just love having to clean a muddy dog before you can go in the house. Loved the joke. Just wonder if the husband got it? LOL

Annr, it sounds like you would fit right in in Tuscany. But that great cooking works anywhere you can get the ingredients. You do be sure to tell us if you get that singing invitation from STING. Oh and you can definitely count me in on the lazy of the laziest. I have just never been one that needs to be doing something all the time so have to force myself to get my butt up and move. But I am finding it helps, so I try to get up every once in a while. Lol I know you are on the young side and should really feel young with that 16 yr old around. What fun.

Katla, you are so right that it takes some time and effort to get comfy with retirement when we lose that routine we’ve had for so long. I was shocked at how much I enjoy it, but that’s partly because I’m lazy. I always seemed to have more energy for work than anything at home. The really fun part for me has been looking for new and different adventures. Then it gets to be where to find the time to do all that you want. I kinda think retirement is like where we live: it’s all just what we make of it. Oh, and I love the horse on the beach!!! I kept seeing comments about it but just now see the picture. (duh) I thought it was one you posted that I has somehow missed.

Joan, that is great if you have 6 smaller sizes to grow down to! I did think that I need to drag out one pair of my big pants so I can take a picture with them after I have lost all my weight. Those pictures always look like such fun. And even if you don’t necessarily like all the styles, you will have something to wear that doesn’t hang off of you. I really hope that I won’t have to buy more sizes until I reach my final size and weight. I’m just not a good shopper at Goodwill and it gets expensive buying a whole new wardrobe.

Heather, your hotel sounds fabulous. So glad you are enjoying your trip and that the new shoes are great. Gosh that can make such a difference.

Joyce, good for you on scheduling the “big squeeze”. I'm glad the headache is gone.

Allison, I hope you get some time to visit with DD and DGD while they are there. It would be such a shame to have them in town and not get in a good visit.

Welcome to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Today I have to get more signs for the garage sale this weekend. I have a board meeting for the HOA this afternoon and need to price more of the items I have for the sale. The weather forecast keeps changing as to whether or not there is a chance for rain on Saturday. I guess we’ll find out when Saturday comes.

I send out wishes for each of you to have a fantastic day, full of fun, love and laughter. <3

A Thought:

Life may not be the party we hoped for,
    but while we are here we might as well dance.
    - Anonymous

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday Wonderful Ladies!

The beach vacation was wonderful. We did not make any plans other than to just relax. I got lots of walking in and have a very nice tan with no sunburn. We did get out on a dolphin tour and ran into lots and lots of them. It was fun. The water was pretty cold but I did manage to wade out a little ways from the shore. The SO says our next trip to the beach will include a parasail adventure. I’m not quite sure that my trip will include that but I encourage him to proceed. One early evening we were relaxing on our balcony and spotted a very fit young woman working out right below. She stretched, jumped rope, did crunches and lunges for around 20 or 30 minutes. We silently encouraged her and had fun trying to guess what she did for a living. We had pretty much decided that she was a police officer or in the military. My final guess was that she was a lifeguard and so she was. It was an encouraging moment for me. We did get a chance to stop by the Premium Outlets in Williamsburg and I was able to pick up a couple of bras for $20 each. That was outstanding! I feel like buying a bra is a special adventure by itself!

Heather: Your book arrived yesterday. The envelope looked so official with all the labels on it. I am looking forward to sharing it with my grandson.

Pip: I thought about you while on vacation as we rented bikes one morning. I don’t think I had been on one in over 10 years. It took me an embarrassing few moments but I eventually got the hang of it. We had been planning on buying a couple from the local pawn shop so I was glad of the opportunity to try it before making a commitment. BTW – Love the nails! BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Carol: Ouch!

Sylvia: I really have to be careful when reading your jokes at work! They are just GREAT! You are right Pip does have a great ring!

Katla: Kudos for continuing with your riding lessons.

Rori: I hope you enjoyed your funk. I try to make each moment of my funk enjoyable and make sure I have thoroughly examined everyone and everything that may have had anything to do with that particular funk. However, I was in a funk Tuesday night when faced with returning to work on Wednesday. My mother used to tell me to sit on my pity pot for a day or two and then get moving.

Joyce: I used to play golf. Most courses have beautiful scenery including water fowl wandering around. We live right next to a course that I’ve never been on. I was just thinking that I could dust off the clubs and venture over there one day. In the last couple of years I have rarely played a course, but just limited myself to the driving range. I loved your quote about making mistakes.

Well ladies, my catch up reading made it up to Monday and I need to end my posts for the day. I really do need to act like I have a job! >:) I missed all of you!

Tere in Richmond VA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,749 Member
    Options
    waiting for my DD and DGD to come , told my dad to come to the house he has no idea they are here, so suprise for grandpa :smile:
    Just waiting on Lowes for the cabinets and they can all visit here :D
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Jules: So sorry about the exam

Janet: Great news about being down so quickly after the cruise. Congrats!

LisaH: Your description of doing the posts like a hummingbird is so descriptive. :smile: I love the quilt - very creative!

Sylvia: Congrats on the new van! I'm terrible at negotation and I've taken various people with me to do negotating...that didn't work either, I always end up paying more. Oh well at least I get the vehicle I want and don't settle for something other than that. That's an improvement. :smile:

Maryanne: I did a abdominal episode of classical stretch, boy was that hard work. I didn't think I was getting much benefit, but 2 days later oh did I feel it! But also discovered I must be doing it wrong because not only are my abs screaming so is my neck.. I better try different episodes before I do that one again.

Pip: Thanks for the info on the rate rate monitor.

Mary: Thanks for the good wishes!

Yanniejannie: Welcome back...we've missed you! I'm going to try eggplant one of these days soon.

Lesley: You and your daughter are in my thoughts...hoping for a quick recovery from the surgery!

DrKatie: So sorry about your kitty - they are so much a part of our lives.

Becca: Is there some special diet or methodology that is followed at TOPS (like weight watchers or something) or is it primarily a mutual support group?

Joan in Alabama: The northeast trip sounds like fun...I'm sure the hillbillies are gonna enjoy Times Square!

Heather: York sounds fantastic.. I've had so much fish in the last few days that I'm beginning to look like you. :smile:

Joyce: Congrats on booking the mammogram and no headache sounds wonderful!

Allison: Hope you get to spend some time with DD and DGD.

Thought for the day: “Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” ~ John R. Wooden

I had a wonderful time with my friends last night. Ordered the smart eats Salmon only 340 cals and had water with lemon. It was very good. I took a leaf from someone here (sorry can't remember who) and looked up the menu before I went. That works well. Tai Chi on the agenda for today.

Have a nice day all!

Carey-Edmonton
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,610 Member
    Options
    morning peepheads -

nice day out, so I rode in to work and will ride home:

fanncy - those are only 5k runs, we do the same ones every year, we don't do an awful lot of them considering you can find one every weekend if you wanted to.

megblair - mine are made by zensah, got them at REI especially made for atheletes. they have proven to be worth the money, recovery time is faster. these are not for my knee but my calves. so it starts from my ankle to below the knee.

exermom - yes, my husband and we have taken our bikes shopping. we put on our backpacks and hook up the panniers. you can pack alot of crap in those things!

drkatiebug - i'm so sorry to hear about sebastian. you did the best for him, it was the right decision. we did that for our dog rocky. we had him put down at home with the other kids there, it was very hard.

Ann - nice dream!! on my playlist when i ride home, i have music on a speaker and Sting is on there!! mmmmmmm. YOU SHOULD HAVE SHIPPED YOUR GRANOLA BARS TO ME!!! THAT IS A SIN TO THROW THAT OUT!! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..

Damnit i was joking, SERIOUSLY, the joke was because you forgot my bday and was one day late... i was kidding REALLy... {{{{{hugs}}}}}}

terewilliams - i am flattered that ANYONE would think of me while they are on vacation lololol but thanks !!
  • JulesAtkinson1
    JulesAtkinson1 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday, ladies!
    Made a new recipe called Mediterranean Quinoa Salad last night. Awesome! Found the recipe on Cooking Light's website. Very easy and calorie friendly. Of course, hubby wouldn't touch it. He's so funny because he deliberately pronounces quinoa "kwee-no". :wink:
    Janet Would love to get together sometime. We aren't far, and visit often. Actually, as a child I had a favorite cousin my age who lived there and I stayed with her every summer growing up. The nostalgia pangs of no longer seeing the "Pavilion" and other places is very strong when I go now. My husband asked me to marry him on the shores of Myrtle Beach. :smile:
    It's the end of the month for me, which means the next 10-12 days will be very hectic. In turn, this causes me to get freaky with my diet and start craving the bad stuff. I'm working on a plan to keep my desk stocked with power bars and my cooler stocked with yogurt and fruit so the chocolate and chips sirens won't be beckoning me. :smile:
    Trying to walk more, sleep healthier, and take more time to read non-work related things, and maybe get a little writing in.
    To all: Keep on keeping on!
    “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” ~Christopher Robin

Jules from SC
  • fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    NSV today - I am 3#s heavier than 2012 (the last time I lost 20+ pounds); however, after 6 months of HIIT & weight lifting my waist is 2.5 inches smaller and my chest is 2 inches smaller. My "generous" hips are the same.
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Drkatiebug....so sorry to hear of your loss. Many ((((HUGS))))

Chris in MA
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Happy Thursday ! ! !

YannieJannie – Welcome back.

Barbie – I agree about the planks. Like other parts of life, we should not compare ourselves to others, only continue trying to get better than ourselves. Even from 1 day to the next my exercise has webs and flows. All I can do is MY best.

Lesley – respect for your water situation; I am impressed. Hugs for your daughter.

Bkrimpet – congrats on DH getting the bike better. I’m proud of both of you.

Meg – My DS and DH both have the TommyCopper knee sleeves. DS swears by his, DH does not like them. DS is thin and muscular, so his stay up pretty well, except when he is the catcher for baseball (which is when he needs them the most). I occasionally use compression gloves (generic from Michael’s) on my hands while I crochet, but only if I’m having a flare and feel the need.

Drkatiebug – Hugs for Sebastian.

Sylvia – Have you checked out the cheap/free bowling sites for kids. One is www.kidsbowlfree.com . After you register each kid, they send you an e-mail for 2 free games of bowling per day that the Bowling Alley you choose is open. I think the other is AMF summer unplugged, but they charge something like $14.95 per kid for the entire summer, but I also am not sure how often they offer bowling, because we don’t have a qualifying center near our house. Yes, it can be exhausting watching those kids have fun! I’m happy for you!

Joan - lol about Beverly Hillbillies in Times Square. I would love to see any type of theater when DH and I travel, but usually just don’t want to go alone. I will go to a movie alone, so I’m not sure what my hang-up is. I hope you have a wonderful time ! LOVE the teaspoon dessert story. Since you were not alone, I’m sure you did not look ridiculous.

Heather – It sounds like you are on another amazing adventure. Envious!

Joyce – Hooray for scheduling the “squeeze”. Hooray for no headache!

Tere – Sounds like a wonderful vacation. Welcome back!

Allison - So glad DD and DGD will be able to visit with you and your Dad. Enjoy!

Yesterday DH took DS and another player on our team to the batting cages. He changed quite a few things about this boys' technique, so I hope he is able to maintain his new stance until it becomes a positive habit. I ate leftovers instead of the McDonald's that the boys ate. Also did my front plank before heading off to sleep. Sleep has been an issue lately, because DH is having apnea (and denies it and refuses to see someone about it). I can handle the rhythmic snoring, but the stopping and jerking is bothersome. "You can lead a horse to water . . . "

I am getting really used to using Agave nectar instead of honey, sugar, or splenda. I think it was a positve change. Tonight I plan on having banana, tofu, and cocoa mix for dessert after my 2 slices left-over thin crust pizza. DH won't eat at home, because although we work for the same Company, his location offers burgers, brats, beer when they have Mandatory Safety Class/Meeting (we get told to bring our own lunch).

It has been over an hour since I started typing this, and it doesn't look like my morning is going to slow down, so I will send this now, and read all the posts I've missed recently.

Hugs for Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,610 Member
    Options
    i agree terri_mom - you should NEVER compare yourself with others, everyone's different. every once in awhile I will notice someone who is new to a spin class and I introduce myself or start talking to them and ask them if they need help. I tell them about the machine and how to read the monitor and what each part means and make sure the seat is the right height for them, etc. and b4 we start i tell them, WHATEVER you do, please don't compare yourself to anyone else in the room, it will drive you crazy and you'll never come back; its such an individual thing. just do your own thing and you will find yourself improving if you stick at it.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,943 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the condolences re Sebastian the cat. DH is the one who will really miss him. I had a love/hate relationship with him. The picture of them in DH's recliner was made before he really started getting sick.

I'll try to comment more tomorrow. I have to prepare for class tonight.

Have a great day, my friends.