Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    I'm just bumping useful posts.

tumblr_nfmma1rfxe1sj5h4oo1_400.gif
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    edited July 2015
    Hmm... I realize it's a necroed thread, but it's a good post with some solid points. I've seen several posts just in the last day or two with people who are devastated or "heartbroken" over the fact that they haven't lost a significant amount of weight in the one or two weeks they've been trying. This is not a race. Success comes with time and consistency.

I'm a little saddened to see the OP has so many flags. You've got to read before you tag, people!
  • diannethegeek
    Hmm... I realize it's a necroed thread, but it's a good post with some solid points. I've seen several posts just in the last day or two with people who are devastated or "heartbroken" over the fact that they haven't lost a significant amount of weight in the one or two weeks they've been trying. This is not a race. Success comes with time and consistency.

I'm a little saddened to see the OP has so many flags. You've got to read before you tag, people!

I think that all of the previously stickied threads picked up a bunch of flags while they were up. I'm a little surprised that the mods never removed them, though.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member

I think that all of the previously stickied threads picked up a bunch of flags while they were up. I'm a little surprised that the mods never removed them, though.

Actually, it's because of the "Get rich quick" title, and the intro. People don't actually read it long enough to get to the meat of the message. They flag and move on. LOL
  • Pamela2234mfp
    Pamela2234mfp Posts: 5 Member
    I feel panicked to get 35-40 lbs off. I am disgusted with myself for gaining this weight. This post helps me put it in perspective, but I am having a hard time being "kind" to myself.
  • MireyGal76
    I feel panicked to get 35-40 lbs off. I am disgusted with myself for gaining this weight. This post helps me put it in perspective, but I am having a hard time being "kind" to myself.

I understand that, in the instant-everything world in which we live... We want instant results. But just as it takes a child time to grow into an adult, it takes time to grow into a new life.

You don't want another diet, do you? Wouldn't a new, sustainable life be way better?

Enjoy the trip. Take your time.

You can do this!
  • kcampbell1969
    kcampbell1969 Posts: 29 Member
    edited September 2015
    I needed this today! Thank you!

rxx3a86xx0qy.jpg
  • Brightheart512
    Brightheart512 Posts: 3 Member
    I really appreciate this. I've been trying to diet and exercise to lose weight and it made me miserable because I wanted to lose weight because I hated myself. Now, many months later I'm ready to try again and I'm a little scared but I want my body to feel good. I want to feel good again.
  • diannethegeek
    Bumping for visibility since posts are no longer stickied. Long live the stickies!
  • MireyGal76
    Bumping for visibility since posts are no longer stickied. Long live the stickies!

<3
  • kpwright89
    kpwright89 Posts: 53 Member

Too many times I see people hate themselves into losing weight, and they do WHATEVER IS NECESSARY to get to their goal as fast as possible... and too many times I see them on the side of the road with their head between their knees... broken because they feel like they've failed.

This was and still sometimes is me.. sometimes the hardest fight is with ourselves

• MireyGal76
    kpwright89 wrote: »
    Too many times I see people hate themselves into losing weight, and they do WHATEVER IS NECESSARY to get to their goal as fast as possible... and too many times I see them on the side of the road with their head between their knees... broken because they feel like they've failed.

This was and still sometimes is me.. sometimes the hardest fight is with ourselves

Remember to give yourself grace. Change is not linear. It's been proven to be most lasting when it occurs in fits and spurts. two steps forward, one step back, five forward, three back. As you continue along the path, you may have setbacks, but keep pressing forward. Eventually you will get there.

But try to make life livable and enjoyable along the way!
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member

*nods*

Clearly the 11 people who flagged the OP hate themselves.

I hope it gets better for them.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,032 Member
    Bumping because it go unflagged and can now be bumped.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Keep talking!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

*nods*

Clearly the 11 people who flagged the OP hate themselves.

I hope it gets better for them.

*nod nod*
  • diannethegeek
    gangnam-style-santa-claus.gif

Bump we joyous for the newbies
    Fa la la la la, la la la la
    Heedless of the flagging groupies
    Fa la la, la la la, la la la
  • MireyGal76
    gangnam-style-santa-claus.gif

Bump we joyous for the newbies
    Fa la la la la, la la la la
    Heedless of the flagging groupies
    Fa la la, la la la, la la la

Haha!

Log we now, food for tomorrow
    Fa la la la la la, la la la
    Oh how 1200 gives us sorrow
    Fa la la la la, la LA LA LAAAAA
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    I watched "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" last night and while I am all for less ultra processed foods and more fruits and vegetables, see a 60 day juice fast as an example of #1 - people saw Joe lose 10 pounds per week and want to get those riches fast too.

As a further connection to #1, my understanding is that in the subsequent six years, Phil regained the weight and Joe has been up and down.
  • Iggiepop
    Iggiepop Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you SO, SO MUCH for your post. I desperately needed to read it. I was looking for motivation when I came across it.
    In the last 6 months I've lost 33 pounds and felt great...then Christmas season arrived!!! I've tries so hard to stay on course, but gained 3 pounds and feel depressed about that.
    But your post just helps me to focus again and remember that working on your 'riches' sometimes has a few losses on the way.
    Thank you so much for a sober and real approach to weight loss. I only have 10 more pounds to lose but I am encouraged and motivated to carry on and not to give up.
    Many blessings to you.