GET RICH QUICK!!!

Options

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I've always been the one to automatically state that things are scams. Cause they are. All of those "programs", special diets, etc. are just that:scams. The ONLY legitimate way to lose weight the healthy, correct, long-term sustainable way is through a caloric deficit and regular exercise. Not products. I've never bought a single product for weight loss and I've lost 55 lb in 11 months. (Slow weight loss is BEST for sustainability and also for your health -plus it produces better body results). I am baffled at how many people fall for these ridiculous gimmicks.

It's kind of interesting to me though. When I think about when I was younger, I exercised quite a bit and was always in pretty good shape. There was tons of broscience being thrown at me. I really don't blame people for getting caught up in all of that stuff because I sure did. I was told and/or believed that lifting 4 hours a day, 7 days a week, and eating grass every day was the only way to get really strong and cut. I was a bit ignorant. If people read, do some research, learn from other's experiences, and come to an intelligent conclusion, more power to them. The problem comes when people are faced with facts and choose to ignore them and believe what they want to believe anyway. It only took me about 20 years to learn from my mistakes. :)

The problem is that so many fallacies are presented AS facts... and sometimes the hole you've dug seems so deep that you believe you cannot make it out on your own. Those fallacies start to look like the rope ladder to help you out of the hole... when in reality, they end up breaking before you get to the top. (Or some assshole is there waiting to push you back in).

Sadly... you usually need to find your own way of climbing out. The strength you gain during that struggle is what will keep you from falling back into the hole again.
  • facex3nicole
    facex3nicole Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • deanpearce
    deanpearce Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What a great post, thanks for this inspiration!
  • meeko_meerkat
    meeko_meerkat Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Great post :smile:
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I'm just bumping useful posts.

tumblr_nfmma1rfxe1sj5h4oo1_400.gif
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hmm... I realize it's a necroed thread, but it's a good post with some solid points. I've seen several posts just in the last day or two with people who are devastated or "heartbroken" over the fact that they haven't lost a significant amount of weight in the one or two weeks they've been trying. This is not a race. Success comes with time and consistency.

I'm a little saddened to see the OP has so many flags. You've got to read before you tag, people!
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    Hmm... I realize it's a necroed thread, but it's a good post with some solid points. I've seen several posts just in the last day or two with people who are devastated or "heartbroken" over the fact that they haven't lost a significant amount of weight in the one or two weeks they've been trying. This is not a race. Success comes with time and consistency.

I'm a little saddened to see the OP has so many flags. You've got to read before you tag, people!

I think that all of the previously stickied threads picked up a bunch of flags while they were up. I'm a little surprised that the mods never removed them, though.
  • MireyGal76
    Options

I think that all of the previously stickied threads picked up a bunch of flags while they were up. I'm a little surprised that the mods never removed them, though.

Actually, it's because of the "Get rich quick" title, and the intro. People don't actually read it long enough to get to the meat of the message. They flag and move on. LOL
  • Pamela2234mfp
    Pamela2234mfp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I feel panicked to get 35-40 lbs off. I am disgusted with myself for gaining this weight. This post helps me put it in perspective, but I am having a hard time being "kind" to myself.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I feel panicked to get 35-40 lbs off. I am disgusted with myself for gaining this weight. This post helps me put it in perspective, but I am having a hard time being "kind" to myself.

I understand that, in the instant-everything world in which we live... We want instant results. But just as it takes a child time to grow into an adult, it takes time to grow into a new life.

You don't want another diet, do you? Wouldn't a new, sustainable life be way better?

Enjoy the trip. Take your time.

You can do this!
  • kcampbell1969
    kcampbell1969 Posts: 29 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I needed this today! Thank you!

rxx3a86xx0qy.jpg
  • Brightheart512
    Brightheart512 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate this. I've been trying to diet and exercise to lose weight and it made me miserable because I wanted to lose weight because I hated myself. Now, many months later I'm ready to try again and I'm a little scared but I want my body to feel good. I want to feel good again.
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    Bumping for visibility since posts are no longer stickied. Long live the stickies!
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Bumping for visibility since posts are no longer stickied. Long live the stickies!

<3
  • kpwright89
    kpwright89 Posts: 53 Member
    Options

Too many times I see people hate themselves into losing weight, and they do WHATEVER IS NECESSARY to get to their goal as fast as possible... and too many times I see them on the side of the road with their head between their knees... broken because they feel like they've failed.

This was and still sometimes is me.. sometimes the hardest fight is with ourselves

• MireyGal76
    Options
    kpwright89 wrote: »
    Too many times I see people hate themselves into losing weight, and they do WHATEVER IS NECESSARY to get to their goal as fast as possible... and too many times I see them on the side of the road with their head between their knees... broken because they feel like they've failed.

This was and still sometimes is me.. sometimes the hardest fight is with ourselves

Remember to give yourself grace. Change is not linear. It's been proven to be most lasting when it occurs in fits and spurts. two steps forward, one step back, five forward, three back. As you continue along the path, you may have setbacks, but keep pressing forward. Eventually you will get there.

But try to make life livable and enjoyable along the way!
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member
    Options
    kpwright89 wrote: »

*nods*

Clearly the 11 people who flagged the OP hate themselves.

I hope it gets better for them.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Bumping because it go unflagged and can now be bumped.