Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    LH85DC wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    LH85DC wrote: »
    My poor pup has been so sick for a week now, just kinda tired and lethargic, plus a little sick to his stomach. Still eating (for the most part), but nothing seems to agree with him. Trying to get him in to see the vet in the next day or two - hopefully it's nothing serious and he just ate something bad! He might be almost seven years old, but he's still my baby

Hope it's just a passing thing and he's back to normal soon!

Mine have a nasty habit of eating *ahem* excrement (not sure if it's their own or the other dogs', not that it matters) which sometimes causes issues, although not as often as you'd expect.

It takes a strong stomach to clean up a puddle of vomited feces, let me tell you.

(Sorry if this post puts anyone off their lunch)

I worked at a doggie daycare for a while before I had my son and let me tell you, there were many days where I thought I was going to lose my lunch trying to clean up after the dogs would get sick from eating too much poop. OMG, seriously so disgusting!!! :(:(

OMG, that sounds awful! My mom has a kennel, and she's only had two dogs over the years that liked eating poop - Luckily Jazz isn't one of them, although he doesn't mind eating nasty stuff in the woods when we're hiking/camping, and he has no qualms about cleaning up if one of the cats eats too fast and throws it up. Love him, but dogs can be so gross.

Normally I wouldn't worry, but he usually has a stomach of steel; so I figure anything that could make him this sick for a week is a pretty bad sign :neutral: I hate waiting too, right now I'm just waiting for the vet to decide whether he has to come in, or if there's another over the counter remedy that we can try. Just call me back already!

Wow..only 2 dogs..how lucky of her!!! We had so many dogs that just loved eating it! There were some dogs that only liked certain other dog's poo and they would actually see that dog getting ready to head out(we left the back door open for the dogs to go in/out as needed) and they would actually follow them out to eat it. WARNING: GROSS---> There was this one Pug that would actually would eat it "fresh" out of the oven...if you know what I mean...always reminded me of a kid squirting Easy Cheese from the can into his mouth. *Shivers* And sorry if I grossed anyone out.
    Let us know if/when he gets to the vet and how things turn out.

I have never had a dog, only cats....I think it will stay that way forever.....why are dogs so gross,, wtf??
    Well, I'm not sure why everyone says cats are so clean - they're just covered in cat spit.
    Dogs are indeed gross, though. Agreed.

This made me laugh. Good point (all animals are gross if you think too hard about it in one way or another humans included!)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I have a confession. I bought a bag of Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies last week because they were on sale and I wanted to buy some freaking cookies. I selfishly told my daughter "THEY ARE MINE!" when she noticed them.

The confession part...I haven't yet opened the bag because I don't want anyone else eating them and as long as they stay closed, I know no one else is. If I open the bag, I don't want to have to keep track of how many cookies I've eaten vs. how many are left in the bag.

I'm very stingy with my food sometimes.

There is always dark chocolate of some variety in our cabinet. The boy tried it a long time ago and didn't like it, so every time he asks for some I remind him that he doesn't like that kind. Wondering when that will end, and hoping never!

Also, the husband said to me "you like old lady chocolate", so I told him if his taste buds were not refined enough to appreciate my quality chocolate then he should keep it out of his mouth. (To clarify, this conversation was playful not mean.)

That made me smile. Dove dark chocolate promises are some of my absolute favorite. My husband bought 3 bags for me for Christmas.

Its taken me a long time to work out that American Dove chocolate = British Galaxy

I hate galaxy chocolate. Cadburys all the way for sweet, every day chocolate. Dark chocolate for those indulgent treats.

Really? I didn't know that!
    And I can't believe you hate Galaxy! I thought we were friends? I'm not angry, just disappointed. :disappointed:

Oh dear. Galaxy chocolate is just vile, over sweetened, fatty tasting blandness. I mean, i'll eat it in a pinch, when there is nothing else available, but its not my go to.

and apparently, we own page 744!

Ha ha yea I know! THE ENGLISH WILL RULE FOR 1 PAGE!

MWAH HA HA HA! :naughty:

I'm going to pretend Pofoster21 isn't there. Ruin our English streak!

I know I am sorry. I felt bad when I saw I interrupted your 'ownership' of page 744.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I have never read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

You can fix this, you know. It's never too late. Don't be deceived by the craptastic movie adaptations out there.

The book is great, as is the original radio series (it was a radio series before it was a book I think).
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I have a confession. I bought a bag of Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies last week because they were on sale and I wanted to buy some freaking cookies. I selfishly told my daughter "THEY ARE MINE!" when she noticed them.

The confession part...I haven't yet opened the bag because I don't want anyone else eating them and as long as they stay closed, I know no one else is. If I open the bag, I don't want to have to keep track of how many cookies I've eaten vs. how many are left in the bag.

There is always dark chocolate of some variety in our cabinet. The boy tried it a long time ago and didn't like it, so every time he asks for some I remind him that he doesn't like that kind. Wondering when that will end, and hoping never!

Also, the husband said to me "you like old lady chocolate", so I told him if his taste buds were not refined enough to appreciate my quality chocolate then he should keep it out of his mouth. (To clarify, this conversation was playful not mean.)

That made me smile. Dove dark chocolate promises are some of my absolute favorite. My husband bought 3 bags for me for Christmas.

Its taken me a long time to work out that American Dove chocolate = British Galaxy

I hate galaxy chocolate. Cadburys all the way for sweet, every day chocolate. Dark chocolate for those indulgent treats.

And I can't believe you hate Galaxy! I thought we were friends? I'm not angry, just disappointed. :disappointed:

Oh dear. Galaxy chocolate is just vile, over sweetened, fatty tasting blandness. I mean, i'll eat it in a pinch, when there is nothing else available, but its not my go to.

I know I am sorry. I felt bad when I saw I interrupted your 'ownership' of page 744.

:smile: Tis ok, I'll pretend you are in England, it's all good.
  • spamarie
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I'm trying quite hard to not use pregnancy as an excuse to lapse into bad eating habits, but it is HARD. I never had any issue getting plenty of fruit and veg before, but most veg is turning my stomach at the moment. How has mankind evolved to be repulsed by the most healthy of foods at a time you would think good nutrition is critical!? Cheese and crackers and salty, salty crisps on the other hand, I can consume those by the bucket load.

This is probably why prenatal vitamins are important - just saying.

Thankfully I am organised and started taking prenatal vitamins 3 months before we conceived so no worries there. In good food news, I managed to eat a massive bowl of spinach yesterday. It was straight out of my garden, so having washed it myself it somehow felt 'safe' to eat and didn't turn my stomach. Sadly none of my other veggies will be ready to harvest for at least another few weeks. I will have to just keep trying!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Confession - pissed off this morning. Was up too early, which tends to make me grumpy, had a nice breakfast planned, and found out that my mother's boyfriend finished all my English muffins. Now, I don't really mind if people eat my food, but did he REALLY have to eat the LAST THREE in one day?

So I had to get something else. I'm very annoyed. I have no patience for people who eat huge portions of my food, leaving me with none. I don't care if you're obese, you don't finish something when someone else bought it, especially not by having 3 servings of it.

I'm also PMSing.
  • spamarie
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Started having intense belly pains this morning and went to the ER... Found out after 6 hours that it's ovarian cysts... one is 1.7 inch and the other 1.3 inch. I guess it explains why I gain water when I ovulate and only lose it after my period. Yikes. But the first thing I did when I got home, once I was sure it wasn't a digesting issue, is have some streak and broccoli... and a big bowl of ice cream and two cookies. But I still have 1100 calories left today.

And really hoping the pain doesn't come back.

I hope you feel better soon and they can do something about it! Surely it was medicinal ice-cream so doesn't count anyway...
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    My desk is covered with papers relating to a project. I am not currently working on this project. They just make me look busy.

I have done that. With my kindle hidden inside the papers. Today I have work today, decided first thing I was tired so worked from home. It's 10.46 here and so far I've done nothing of any substance.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Confession, I have undone my trouser button at work because they are too tight. Subtly undone, but I'm not sure how I will do them back up when I stand up, without someone seeing. :confused:
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    I re-discovered my favourite instant hot chocolate the other day - it comes in single-serve sachets, 47cal a sachet, and if I add my taste of milk (which is very little), the whole drink comes in under 100cal.

I've found a new kind of heaven. Especially as it's now very, very, very, extremely, definitely winter here.

Now I'm curious. Where are you?

Australia. Down in the Capital Country, where it does actually get cold (unlike Sydney's routine whinging at this time of year). It was -7C when I woke up this morning. (And I still walked to work so obvious idiot is obvious.)

If it makes you feel better I'm in the other hemisphere and it was -2C here Monday morning.

I'm waiting for summer.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Omg did someone mention Harry Potter?! Yes they did so here I am! I've never tried to read the LOTR series but have always wanted to do so and I did try to read GOT but got completely lost trying to follow the story line in the first
    Book and gave up :(
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

Nor me. I have tried. Couldn't get on with it. I don't feel I've missed out.

I've never read the Lord of the Rings Trilogy either. Again, i tried. Got bored.

I love both those series. I tried Lord of the Rings in high school, hated it. Then tried it again right before the movie came out and was hooked. Read all 4 in like 2 weeks. Loved them!

I tried LOTR when the first film came out, tried a few times but couldn't get it.

I discovered Game of Thrones just before christmas last year, was given the book set and absolutely devoured it in about 3 months. The bookshop staff told my partners it would taker me at least 6 months to finish it.

I started them but just haven't had enough time to properly read it do put it down. I plan on making those books my treat when I finish my dissertation. Weird you didn't like the Lord of the Rings trilogy if you like GOT. I find the fantasy aspect similar. Ditto for Harry Potter.

I resisted GoT for a long time, because i thought it was a bit middle earth-ish and like LOTR. A friend told me to watch it, that i would love it. So to humour her, i downloaded the first episode, and was absolutely hooked. We binge watched the first 4 series in 2 weeks over the christmas holiday. But i don't find them particularly fantasy orientated - maybe because i can equate a lot of the power struggles/house factions/events to British historical events - Robert Baratheon was Edward IV; the blackwater was the spanish armada; the high sparrow was the rise of cromwell; Danerys is Charles II/James II/James III. Theres a lot of the war of the roses references too. And these are all my favourite periods of history (barring cromwell).

It helps that westeros is also essential the UK (on a bigger scale). Kings Landing is London, Winterfell is Yorkshire, the wall is either the english/scottish border or the scottish cairngorms, dorne is cornwall, Meereen/braavos etc is the european continent.

I didn't really get on with the Bran/Jojen/Meera storyline...but i could go with the taking the bodies of the direwolves before then.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    My desk is covered with papers relating to a project. I am not currently working on this project. They just make me look busy.

I have done that. With my kindle hidden inside the papers. Today I have work today, decided first thing I was tired so worked from home. It's 10.46 here and so far I've done nothing of any substance.

Same! I keep shuffling papers when someone comes over. I'm a bit light on work anyway.
  • orangesmartie
    Options

But Galaxy is so silky smooooooth. I prefer it cold to room temperature. Room temperature it is a bit sickly.

I will never turn down Milka chocolate though. The Swiss get chocolate right on so many levels.

mmmm milka! With daim pieces. Yummy!

:p The best are the HUGE bars you get in the airport. Bit like the MASSIVE Toblerone bars.

I need to stop talking about chocolate...

So them apples. I'm a Braeburn girl myself.

count me in for Pink Ladys. Very juicy, crisp and sweet.
  • orangesmartie
    Options

We'll make you an honourary brit!
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Omg did someone mention Harry Potter?! Yes they did so here I am! I've never tried to read the LOTR series but have always wanted to do so and I did try to read GOT but got completely lost trying to follow the story line in the first
    Book and gave up :(

I never got on with harry potter either. i just wanted to slap him.

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I'm going on a road trip. It is about 3,000 miles in four days of driving with a day of rest in the middle. I'll be in four or five (depending upon route, maybe six, but probably no more than five) states. It is me, a child, two dogs. Taking one kid to grandma/pa and picking up the other. Please wish me safe travels... that's a lot of driving.

Have a safe and FUN trip!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

But Galaxy is so silky smooooooth. I prefer it cold to room temperature. Room temperature it is a bit sickly.

I will never turn down Milka chocolate though. The Swiss get chocolate right on so many levels.

mmmm milka! With daim pieces. Yummy!

:p The best are the HUGE bars you get in the airport. Bit like the MASSIVE Toblerone bars.

I need to stop talking about chocolate...

So them apples. I'm a Braeburn girl myself.

count me in for Pink Ladys. Very juicy, crisp and sweet.

I quite enjoy the gala or the honey crisp!
  • Lois_1989
    Options

Nor me. I have tried. Couldn't get on with it. I don't feel I've missed out.

I've never read the Lord of the Rings Trilogy either. Again, i tried. Got bored.

I love both those series. I tried Lord of the Rings in high school, hated it. Then tried it again right before the movie came out and was hooked. Read all 4 in like 2 weeks. Loved them!

I tried LOTR when the first film came out, tried a few times but couldn't get it.

I discovered Game of Thrones just before christmas last year, was given the book set and absolutely devoured it in about 3 months. The bookshop staff told my partners it would taker me at least 6 months to finish it.

I started them but just haven't had enough time to properly read it do put it down. I plan on making those books my treat when I finish my dissertation. Weird you didn't like the Lord of the Rings trilogy if you like GOT. I find the fantasy aspect similar. Ditto for Harry Potter.

I resisted GoT for a long time, because i thought it was a bit middle earth-ish and like LOTR. A friend told me to watch it, that i would love it. So to humour her, i downloaded the first episode, and was absolutely hooked. We binge watched the first 4 series in 2 weeks over the christmas holiday. But i don't find them particularly fantasy orientated - maybe because i can equate a lot of the power struggles/house factions/events to British historical events - Robert Baratheon was Edward IV; the blackwater was the spanish armada; the high sparrow was the rise of cromwell; Danerys is Charles II/James II/James III. Theres a lot of the war of the roses references too. And these are all my favourite periods of history (barring cromwell).

It helps that westeros is also essential the UK (on a bigger scale). Kings Landing is London, Winterfell is Yorkshire, the wall is either the english/scottish border or the scottish cairngorms, dorne is cornwall, Meereen/braavos etc is the european continent.

I didn't really get on with the Bran/Jojen/Meera storyline...but i could go with the taking the bodies of the direwolves before then.

That is the first thing I noticed when I saw the map. And the fact that everyone in The North has an English Northern accent I found hilarious. Not particularly imaginative of George R.R. Martin I have to say.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Ugh I don't want to get out of bed for work..I want to sleep in and go in late buuuut I can't. Alright the dragging commences in 3..2..1..