Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I feel like this is the 'Brit hour' while most of the Americans are still asleep!

Also, please, please, please, please don't put any GoT spoilers on here. I haven't seen the series, but I'm reading the books (on the 5th one I think, although I don't know because it's on the kindle) and if someone spoils any of it for me I will cry. I can see from the kindle I am 86% of the way through the entire thing, and I don't quite know what I'll do with myself when I finish it!

I get very mournful when I finish a series of books. Wishing I could forget all about them and read them again.

I get this way about books and TV series as well!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I'm trying quite hard to not use pregnancy as an excuse to lapse into bad eating habits, but it is HARD. I never had any issue getting plenty of fruit and veg before, but most veg is turning my stomach at the moment. How has mankind evolved to be repulsed by the most healthy of foods at a time you would think good nutrition is critical!? Cheese and crackers and salty, salty crisps on the other hand, I can consume those by the bucket load.

This is probably why prenatal vitamins are important - just saying.

Thankfully I am organised and started taking prenatal vitamins 3 months before we conceived so no worries there. In good food news, I managed to eat a massive bowl of spinach yesterday. It was straight out of my garden, so having washed it myself it somehow felt 'safe' to eat and didn't turn my stomach. Sadly none of my other veggies will be ready to harvest for at least another few weeks. I will have to just keep trying!

Ah, I really want a house with a garden. I want to grow all sorts of lovely eatables. Well done on the spinach, I do like fresh spinach. I still feel like Popeye when I eat it :smiley:

We basically bought this house because it came with a big garden. Essentially we bought a garden that happened to have a house in it. This is why I've spent the past 18 months doing some serious DIY (and plan on carrying on for at least the next 5 years!). We love our garden, but you really can start small. You can grow lettuces from seed in pots. You won't be self-sufficient, but it's pretty satisfying. I know lots of people who grow herbs in pots too.

That made me smile, yea, I still need to get on the market first. Its just so difficult. We were looking at new build flats the other day. £345,000.00 for a 2 bed room and you have to pay £10,000 for a parking space. £10,000! It's sickening.

Wowsers, are you near London? I'm up in Notts/South Yorkshire and you get a lot more for your pennies here. My house is not very representative of local prices since it was in such a dire state when we bought it, but I'm sure averages are a lot less than 200K (pounds) for a 3 bed semi round here. Not paid attention for the past 18 months so I could be way off. I'm glad I live somewhere 'cheap'.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    I'm trying quite hard to not use pregnancy as an excuse to lapse into bad eating habits, but it is HARD. I never had any issue getting plenty of fruit and veg before, but most veg is turning my stomach at the moment. How has mankind evolved to be repulsed by the most healthy of foods at a time you would think good nutrition is critical!? Cheese and crackers and salty, salty crisps on the other hand, I can consume those by the bucket load.

Thankfully I am organised and started taking prenatal vitamins 3 months before we conceived so no worries there. In good food news, I managed to eat a massive bowl of spinach yesterday. It was straight out of my garden, so having washed it myself it somehow felt 'safe' to eat and didn't turn my stomach. Sadly none of my other veggies will be ready to harvest for at least another few weeks. I will have to just keep trying!

Ah, I really want a house with a garden. I want to grow all sorts of lovely eatables. Well done on the spinach, I do like fresh spinach. I still feel like Popeye when I eat it :smiley:

So when I read all the posts from everyone I know is English in my head I'll read your posts in my best English accent...I crack myself up :)
  • spamarie
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

So when I read all the posts from everyone I know is English in my head I'll read your posts in my best English accent...I crack myself up :)

The idea of an 'English accent' always amuses me, because anyone from the British Isles will tell, there are lots of very different accents. My own accent is completely mongrel because I moved house a lot as a kid. Currently it's a mixture of Geordie and Yorkshire with some Isle of Wight and Cornish thrown in for luck. I confuse people when they speak to me.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I have never read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Nor me. I have tried. Couldn't get on with it. I don't feel I've missed out.

I've never read the Lord of the Rings Trilogy either. Again, i tried. Got bored.

I love both those series. I tried Lord of the Rings in high school, hated it. Then tried it again right before the movie came out and was hooked. Read all 4 in like 2 weeks. Loved them!

I tried LOTR when the first film came out, tried a few times but couldn't get it.

I discovered Game of Thrones just before christmas last year, was given the book set and absolutely devoured it in about 3 months. The bookshop staff told my partners it would taker me at least 6 months to finish it.

I started them but just haven't had enough time to properly read it do put it down. I plan on making those books my treat when I finish my dissertation. Weird you didn't like the Lord of the Rings trilogy if you like GOT. I find the fantasy aspect similar. Ditto for Harry Potter.

I resisted GoT for a long time, because i thought it was a bit middle earth-ish and like LOTR. A friend told me to watch it, that i would love it. So to humour her, i downloaded the first episode, and was absolutely hooked. We binge watched the first 4 series in 2 weeks over the christmas holiday. But i don't find them particularly fantasy orientated - maybe because i can equate a lot of the power struggles/house factions/events to British historical events - Robert Baratheon was Edward IV; the blackwater was the spanish armada; the high sparrow was the rise of cromwell; Danerys is Charles II/James II/James III. Theres a lot of the war of the roses references too. And these are all my favourite periods of history (barring cromwell).

It helps that westeros is also essential the UK (on a bigger scale). Kings Landing is London, Winterfell is Yorkshire, the wall is either the english/scottish border or the scottish cairngorms, dorne is cornwall, Meereen/braavos etc is the european continent.

I didn't really get on with the Bran/Jojen/Meera storyline...but i could go with the taking the bodies of the direwolves before then.

That is the first thing I noticed when I saw the map. And the fact that everyone in The North has an English Northern accent I found hilarious. Not particularly imaginative of George R.R. Martin I have to say.

Actually, thats nothing to do with GRRM! I saw it on one of the interviews with Kit Harrington. the show producers wanted everyone to have 'BBC' accent. and asked Sean Bean (Ned stark) if he would modify his accent (he also does the O2 adverts). and he basically said no. So then Kit (Jon Snow), who has a very BBC accent, and Richard Madden (Robb Stark), who has a scottish accent, has to adopt a yorkshire accent to fit in. When i get home, I'll see if i can find the interview on youtube

WTF is a BBC accent? South East England? Love Sean Bean, and his accent. :love: Wouldn't turn down Kit Harrington either.

Anyway, I thought GRRM had full control? Until the last book where he has now announced he is handing it over to the BBC. I get why he did it, but I don't agree with it.

BBC Accent: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Received_Pronunciation. GRRM doesn't have control of the TV shows, although he is a contributer and reads all the scripts (or did up until this series, where he said he was concentrating on the next book). There was loads of brilliant bonus interviews and stuff on sky on demand, loads of behind the scenes stuff.

No, i'm not at all obsessed.

Oh no, not at all. :lol:
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    i confess i have spent all morning on this thread (except a 40 minute meeting) and mindlessly eating, out of boredom :(
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

The idea of an 'English accent' always amuses me, because anyone from the British Isles will tell, there are lots of very different accents. My own accent is completely mongrel because I moved house a lot as a kid. Currently it's a mixture of Geordie and Yorkshire with some Isle of Wight and Cornish thrown in for luck. I confuse people when they speak to me.

Sort of like an 'American accent' here. Someone from the midwest can/will sound TOTALLY different than someone from the West coast. We also have the 'New York' accent and the 'Boston' accent. There is a Cali accent and a Carolina accent. We have the Cajuns and the Texans. It's wild!
  • spamarie
    edited June 2015
    Options

Sort of like an 'American accent' here. Someone from the midwest can/will sound TOTALLY different than someone from the West coast. We also have the 'New York' accent and the 'Boston' accent. There is a Cali accent and a Carolina accent. We have the Cajuns and the Texans. It's wild!

Exactly! I guess what makes it so obvious in the UK is how varied the accents are for such a relatively small country - you could easily fit the UK into Texas. in fact, if the USA had a population density equal to that of the UK, there would be over 2.5 billion Americans.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I'm going on a road trip. It is about 3,000 miles in four days of driving with a day of rest in the middle. I'll be in four or five (depending upon route, maybe six, but probably no more than five) states. It is me, a child, two dogs. Taking one kid to grandma/pa and picking up the other. Please wish me safe travels... that's a lot of driving.

Be safe, that's quite the drive. Sounds like a good opportunity to bond with the kiddos.
  • spamarie
    Options

Exactly! I guess what makes it so obvious in the UK is how varied the accents are for such a relatively small country - you could easily fit the UK into Texas. in fact, if the USA had a population density equal to that of the UK, there would be over 2.5 billion Americans.

This is why we Brits are good at queuing.

• FitHealthyBKY
    FitHealthyBKY Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Truth is I sweat like an absolute pig.. I tell people it's the tablets I'm taking (which maybe has a little contribution) but I know full well the main reason is because I'm obese. Hehe *hi from the sweaty one*

• Lois_1989
    Options

We basically bought this house because it came with a big garden. Essentially we bought a garden that happened to have a house in it. This is why I've spent the past 18 months doing some serious DIY (and plan on carrying on for at least the next 5 years!). We love our garden, but you really can start small. You can grow lettuces from seed in pots. You won't be self-sufficient, but it's pretty satisfying. I know lots of people who grow herbs in pots too.

That made me smile, yea, I still need to get on the market first. Its just so difficult. We were looking at new build flats the other day. £345,000.00 for a 2 bed room and you have to pay £10,000 for a parking space. £10,000! It's sickening.

Wowsers, are you near London? I'm up in Notts/South Yorkshire and you get a lot more for your pennies here. My house is not very representative of local prices since it was in such a dire state when we bought it, but I'm sure averages are a lot less than 200K (pounds) for a 3 bed semi round here. Not paid attention for the past 18 months so I could be way off. I'm glad I live somewhere 'cheap'.

Yea, I'm in South East London/Kent. They kind of merge into each other around the M25. I love it here, but the cost of living is through the roof. I think a 3 bed semi here would average around £500,000+ We are looking for a 2 bed terrace house at the moment, but they are around £250,000+. Our neighbor (living with the SO's mum) sold their 2 bed terrace for £320,000 last week. :#
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Truth is I sweat like an absolute pig.. I tell people it's the tablets I'm taking (which maybe has a little contribution) but I know full well the main reason is because I'm obese. Hehe *hi from the sweaty one*

@bkyestewart I sweat like crazy as well. ESPECIALLY when doing cardio. I'm @188.5 lbs right now and I STILL sweat like crazy. I wasn't like this is high school, I think it's just hormones. :disappointed:
  • Lois_1989
    Options

Ha ha, I wish I could hear that. I don't think I do accents. I think its because I don't know where abouts in America/Canada you all are, so I don't know which one to use. :lol:
  • spamarie
    Options
    I sweat when I *think* about exercising. Perhaps this is why I prefer swimming! I too have spent most of my morning on here instead of working. Oh well.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

Yea, I'm in South East London/Kent. They kind of merge into each other around the M25. I love it here, but the cost of living is through the roof. I think a 3 bed semi here would average around £500,000+ We are looking for a 2 bed terrace house at the moment, but they are around £250,000+. Our neighbor (living with the SO's mum) sold their 2 bed terrace for £320,000 last week. :#

I can't imagine paying three quarters of a million dollars for a 3 bedroom duplex. It's bad in California, but that's downright insane. Where I am, that would buy you 8 fully detached ones.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

Ha ha, I wish I could hear that. I don't think I do accents. I think its because I don't know where abouts in America/Canada you all are, so I don't know which one to use. :lol:

Whenever my SO tries to do an American accent he automatically tries to do a southern accent- he says it's easier since it's so exaggerated, it's hilarious. We facetime and seriously laugh for hours over each of us trying to sound like the other, we're easily entertained :)
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Hey, thanks! Going to have to jump in on that thread. This one is SO busy I tend to run out of time to check others and I miss some things.

You aren't missing anything. I was waiting for some info earlier and ventured out to read some others.
    Just a lot of arguments about sugar and why I'm a loser if I overeat stuff that tastes good.

So, same-old, same-old, huh? Good to know. The threads can get extremely repetitive.

You would think that some of the "usual suspects" would get tired of berating everyone that asks a stupid question about cleansing, the military diet, fasting, or limiting some food group from their diet. I see the titles and cringe!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

I'm right there with you!! I'm legitimately addicted. My family has to hide the pb from me or I'll eat the whole jar until I'm sick and actually hurling (>_<)

I'm like that with ice cream. With my damn period coming up tomorrow I ate an astronomical amount of Turkey Hill's Coconut Cream Pie ice cream & their Phillies Graham Slam (I realized it isn't as good as I remembered it) & then later some of the Breyer's Raspberry Cheesecake Gelato.

Oh & a crapton (so not a word) of Oreos.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    So I mentioned earlier that the swimsuit I wanted was sold out. My husband felt bad so he went on Amazon and picked out 4 similar suits and ordered them for me. My confession, I don't deserve such a fantastic man, I'm just glad he doesn't know that. ;)

What a guy!!!

I second that statement. Can we clone him?

Knock yourself out. Let me know how that works out for you. :smile: He's not without flaws though. His flatulence can clear full rooms and he tends to be a workaholic. He is a perfectionist so when he sets a goal, he'll do whatever it takes to reach it. That's both a gift and curse.

God definitely knew what He was doing when He molded that guy. I'm just incredibly humbled He chose me for him. *I'm not crying.

To all you singles out there, DO NOT SETTLE! You deserve someone that thinks the world of you and will do whatever it takes to make you feel like the most important person in their life. If they don't, move on. Luckily, God practically dropped my honey in lap. He knew I was lazy. :smiley:

^ This! I have the same kind of husband. He's my second husband and if I knew what marriage or a relationship *could* feel like, I wouldn't have spent so long with the abusive a$$hat I married first.

I am grateful everyday for my husband. That would be my 2nd best relationship advice: Don't settle. Don't settle. Don't settle.

Working on it. I am a happily divorced 26 year old.

May I ask what the 1st best relationship advice you have is?

My very best relationship advice is: be yourself. 100% exactly who you are from the get go. No best manners. No holding back. Just be 100% the real you, flaws and all. If you leave your cups on the coffee table all week and carry 7 coffee cups to the dishwasher on Saturday , do it from the very beginning. Whatever your worst is... they deserve to know the truth.

I was divorced and happily single for well over a year before I met my husband. I was a single mom of 3 little kids (6, 4 & 2 years old). I wasn't dating anyone and definitely wasn't looking. My washer and fridge died in under a week. We had a new maintenance man at work. I asked him to come look at them and he did. I literally needed those things fixed. I wasn't just trying to pick him up

Anyway, he asked if he could take me to eat after he looked at them and I was all "I don't need a man. I'm not looking for a relationship. But, I will tell you what... you be you...exactly who you are. I'll be me. Exactly who I am. No best behavior or pretending to be someone your aren't. If we click, great. If not, we are no worse off than we are right now. No pretending."

He agreed. I have been exactly me ever since. I was just trying to avoid heartache later when we realized that it actually wouldnt work but had put all this time in getting to know each other. We are very good together and I chalk it up to blatant honesty in who we are.

So, that is my best advice... be yourself. Don't settle. :)

This is good advice! Within weeks of meeting my SO we were lying on the sofa and as I got up I accidentally farted in his face. That has been his get out clause for all the disgusting smells he has produced in the last 7 years. We still love each other though. Farts and all.

When my husband and I started dating he was living in his mom's basement (he had moved back in to help after his father passed). I had stayed the night and in the morning he went upstairs to the bathroom and just let one rip. The sound travels down through the duct work. I could hear his mom ask him "don't you think she heard that?!". He came down and I was laughing so hard. He sad he kept I in all night. After that we agreed to just let nature do its thing.

I thought that was standard for a morning pee? It's like the house alarm clock when my SO gets up in the morning. :lol:

My sister, her friend, & myself made a rule when we all went camping when we were younger that you had to fart or you couldn't leave the camper. Now that I think about it that wasn't such a great rule since the fart could've smelled the whole camper up for a long time.