Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I have been asked multiple times if I'm pregnant. I respond, "No, I'm just fat."

I laugh to play down the comment, but really, it hurts my feelings. I'm trying to lose midsection weight, but it's really hard to do once it's there.

Ouch. Been there, it sucks.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I know that this isn't exactly the place for it, but since everyone has been so supportive about my confessions of depression and anxiety, I thought I'd share a poem that I wrote about it a while back. I hope nobody minds. :)
    Depression
    A sadness fills my soul
    And in solitude my fears
    Just become so overwhelming
    That my eyes fill with tears

I feel so alone inside
    Like nobody cares
    No matter how many people are around me
    There is a loneliness that I can’t bear

Its everywhere I go
    No matter where I run
    The sadness seems to follow
    And it blots out the sun

An endless cold descends upon me
    As I sit here all alone
    Everyone’s gone, they left me here
    And the solitude cuts me to the bone

And over the lonely horizon
    The sun rises in shining rays
    Out of a cold and lonely darkness
    Has begun a brand new day
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    @crosbylee I'm so sorry about your friend.

@Italian_Buju I can't even imagine what you went through, my heart breaks for you. And I hope your degu gets better.

@pofoster21 What a heartbreaking story as well. So sorry

Here's a confession: My husband plays games on his iPad. His newest game is Hay Day where you virtually take care of a farm. He was gone this weekend and I picked up his iPad to look something up and an alert said "your farm animals miss you" I decided I had to look in on them. I am now hooked on Hay Day. I feel ridiculous when I play and super ridiculous admitting it.

Edited: Because I didn't want to forget anyone

I'm completely addicted to Hay Day myself. I'm on level 54 now, and I've been playing for almost a year, multiple times daily! ;)

My husband teases me about it, and whenever I have my face stuck in my tab, he'll go... "Checking on your chickens again, huh?"

No need to feel ridiculous, it's an awesome stress-reliever since it's so... Brainless? Kind of like coloring for me, both are destressors. At least, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Thanks, that makes me feel better! I don't know how long my husband has been playing it but he's on level 20 or 21. I checked on it this morning and almost didn't get my workout in, smh. But the good news is, I'm not mindless eating after I put my daughter to bed, I'm harvesting my crops. Still..smh

When I wake up to pray my first prayer of the day (at dawn) I tend to pick up my phone and start playing it after I pray, instead of going back to sleep. Next thing I know, the sun is up and it's time to get up, but I want to sleep more after losing two solid hours (that I could have spent sleeping) playing the game and then checking this thread! :o

For Curiosity's sake I must know when are the prayers times?

They follow the sun. For clarity, I'll give you their names first: Fajr, Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib, and Isha. :)

In the winter, I can expect Fajr to be around 5:30 AM. Currently, it's at 3:15 AM. Fajr is the prayer that's called when the first thread of light rises over the horizon and the sky begins to lighten, and the prayer time ends as soon as the sun begins to rise.

Dhuhr is the noon prayer, which is prayed right after the sun has reached its zenith, or its highest peak in the sky. The time for Dhuhr ends when the time for Asr begins. Dhuhr is around 11:30 AM right now.

Asr time begins when the sun is at a certain position in the sky (not too sure how to explain it), and can basically be measured by the time of day when the length of the shadow of a given object is equal to the length of the object itself. Asr time ends when the sun begins to turn orange-ish, but before it starts to set. At the moment, Asr prayers begin around 3:10 PM.

Maghrib time begins as soon as the sun has set completely, but the afterglow is still visible. Maghrib time ends when the afterglow is completely gone, which is when the Isha prayer begins. Maghrib currently falls at 6:30 PM in Saudi Arabia.

Isha prayer lasts until the midway point between dusk and dawn, so currently at 10:45 PM. :)

Thank you for explaining! I've always wondered but never knew how to properly bring it up without being offensive, errr if I offended you. SORRY! :)

Don't apologize! The reason so many people know so little about Islam is because they're so afraid of offending Muslims by asking. :o You're welcome to ask anything that you'd like to know, and I'm always glad to share information. The more we know about each other's cultures, religions, and customs, the less hate there would be between us all, don't you agree? :)

I completely agree!! I could just hug you right now :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I just had the worst lunch. A crabcake with homemade kettle chips. I know tomorrow is another day but I am having a bit of a shame spiral week re food. That's all :)

I can't see what's bad about this.
    I just got braces yesterday.

Nice! I'm doing Invisalign. I was actually done after a year of them but it didn't look good enough for me so I asked for a little fix... and I had my appointment today and it looks like my 'little' fix is going to take another 6 months.

I'm extremely bummed about this. I'm back to having attachments and having to hurry after each meal to put my aligners back on (I still had them this month but it was just to keep my teeth in place so I could be a bit lax about it). And now it's going to be another year before I can stop wearing anything during the day. Gosh.
  • alwaysgreen17
    alwaysgreen17 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Love this thread, btw.

I don't log gum or cooking oil, like canola or olive oil....but I do butter for some reason, lol.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    I just had the worst lunch. A crabcake with homemade kettle chips. I know tomorrow is another day but I am having a bit of a shame spiral week re food. That's all :)

It's only "bad" if it tasted bad or the food was spoiled. It's just food! Some has more calories than others. Some has more nutrition than others. None should be linked to your emotions. Welcome to the thread!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Awe :) Thanks! <3

That is so awesome! I would LOVE to do this, but I'm brave enough.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »

I never thought about samples! I love you. Is that weird?!

Not weird at all! I kinda needed some extra love today anyway!

Well, I'm feeling especially "lovely" today, so I'm happy to oblige.

Confession: I just devoured an entire beef nacho salad from Taco Bueno and washed it down with a full calorie Dr. Pepper. No regrets are to be had on this day. When I eat like that, I hashtag it, #hungryhungryhippo

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @crosbylee I'm so sorry about your friend.

@Italian_Buju I can't even imagine what you went through, my heart breaks for you. And I hope your degu gets better.

@pofoster21 What a heartbreaking story as well. So sorry

Here's a confession: My husband plays games on his iPad. His newest game is Hay Day where you virtually take care of a farm. He was gone this weekend and I picked up his iPad to look something up and an alert said "your farm animals miss you" I decided I had to look in on them. I am now hooked on Hay Day. I feel ridiculous when I play and super ridiculous admitting it.

Edited: Because I didn't want to forget anyone

I'm completely addicted to Hay Day myself. I'm on level 54 now, and I've been playing for almost a year, multiple times daily! ;)

My husband teases me about it, and whenever I have my face stuck in my tab, he'll go... "Checking on your chickens again, huh?"

No need to feel ridiculous, it's an awesome stress-reliever since it's so... Brainless? Kind of like coloring for me, both are destressors. At least, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Thanks, that makes me feel better! I don't know how long my husband has been playing it but he's on level 20 or 21. I checked on it this morning and almost didn't get my workout in, smh. But the good news is, I'm not mindless eating after I put my daughter to bed, I'm harvesting my crops. Still..smh

When I wake up to pray my first prayer of the day (at dawn) I tend to pick up my phone and start playing it after I pray, instead of going back to sleep. Next thing I know, the sun is up and it's time to get up, but I want to sleep more after losing two solid hours (that I could have spent sleeping) playing the game and then checking this thread! :o

For Curiosity's sake I must know when are the prayers times?

They follow the sun. For clarity, I'll give you their names first: Fajr, Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib, and Isha. :)

In the winter, I can expect Fajr to be around 5:30 AM. Currently, it's at 3:15 AM. Fajr is the prayer that's called when the first thread of light rises over the horizon and the sky begins to lighten, and the prayer time ends as soon as the sun begins to rise.

Dhuhr is the noon prayer, which is prayed right after the sun has reached its zenith, or its highest peak in the sky. The time for Dhuhr ends when the time for Asr begins. Dhuhr is around 11:30 AM right now.

Asr time begins when the sun is at a certain position in the sky (not too sure how to explain it), and can basically be measured by the time of day when the length of the shadow of a given object is equal to the length of the object itself. Asr time ends when the sun begins to turn orange-ish, but before it starts to set. At the moment, Asr prayers begin around 3:10 PM.

Maghrib time begins as soon as the sun has set completely, but the afterglow is still visible. Maghrib time ends when the afterglow is completely gone, which is when the Isha prayer begins. Maghrib currently falls at 6:30 PM in Saudi Arabia.

Isha prayer lasts until the midway point between dusk and dawn, so currently at 10:45 PM. :)

Thank you for explaining! I've always wondered but never knew how to properly bring it up without being offensive, errr if I offended you. SORRY! :)

Don't apologize! The reason so many people know so little about Islam is because they're so afraid of offending Muslims by asking. :o You're welcome to ask anything that you'd like to know, and I'm always glad to share information. The more we know about each other's cultures, religions, and customs, the less hate there would be between us all, don't you agree? :)

I agree whole heartedly! I'm always curious about world religions, I grew up Roman Catholic so our traditions are pretty basic in my opinion haha.
    I feel like part of the problem is this whole fear mongering situation with ISIS etc BUT I won't open that can of worms :)
    I get so mad when it comes to ISIS and their un-Islamic, evil, twisted form of ruling. They're what the world immediately thinks of when the word "Muslim" comes up nowadays AND I HATE THAT SO MUCH. :'( And I have to admit that I bear a hefty amount of resentment towards the Saudi government for the same reason... All idiots, and all representing the millions and millions of Muslims worldwide. Just so.. UGH. -_-
    It's the vocal minority rearing its ugly head and ruining the majority's perception. :/

So true. :-/ It's one of the main reasons that I always try to answer questions anyone might ask. Maybe they'll come away with even a slightly different view of Islam and Muslims from my answer. :)

Be careful over there, that's really scary :(
  • RMLMoore
    RMLMoore Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I quick added calories that I knew would throw my macros way off. :blush:
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I know that this isn't exactly the place for it, but since everyone has been so supportive about my confessions of depression and anxiety, I thought I'd share a poem that I wrote about it a while back. I hope nobody minds. :)
    Depression
    A sadness fills my soul
    And in solitude my fears
    Just become so overwhelming
    That my eyes fill with tears

I feel so alone inside
    Like nobody cares
    No matter how many people are around me
    There is a loneliness that I can’t bear

Its everywhere I go
    No matter where I run
    The sadness seems to follow
    And it blots out the sun

An endless cold descends upon me
    As I sit here all alone
    Everyone’s gone, they left me here
    And the solitude cuts me to the bone

And over the lonely horizon
    The sun rises in shining rays
    Out of a cold and lonely darkness
    Has begun a brand new day
    Beautiful poem. I'm glad you are able to express your feelings in words - they can be so powerful.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Accents: in my opinion, small-town Canadians (from anywhere) have a very different accent to city-dwellers and it's very noticeable. I've lived my whole life in urban Alberta and my accent is apparently geographically untraceable (depending on who I'm talking to, I've heard everything from "California" to "oh, were your parents Scandinavian?" to "did you grow up in England?" in my life) but I think there is a very distinct accent for rural Canadians (and, obviously, for French-Canadians and a couple variations for East Coasters too.)

It's not quite the same was what people think of as a "Canadian accent" (which usually sounds more like Minnesota to me when I hear it played for laughs on TV) but it's definitely a thing.

If you want to know what a rural Canadian accent sounds like...

http://youtu.be/F-glHAzXi_M[/embed]

I call that one the "Trailer Park Boys accent". Thanks for sharing. :)

Rural Manitoba is a little more "nasally" sounding to me.

And I've never said "aboot" for about in my life.

I always thought it sounded more like "aboat" anyway. ;)

Being with my Canadian best friend rubbed off on me a lot, she didn't say aboot, but I still -almost 20 years later - catch myself saying "sorey' instead of "sorry".

Lol, you Americans don't say "sorry", you say "saawh-ry"...it's the easiest way I know to identify an American accent quickly ;) Also "lobby" sounds like "laawh-by" to me when Americans say it - it's those "o"s that are the giveaway because they're a lot flatter, closer to an "a" and further away from the almost-long-"o" sound that Canadians usually use for those words. In Vegas last weekend the elevator voice in our hotel made me giggle every time because of the way it pronounced "law-by floor".

Sorry for the essay on this one, but I find this stuff really interesting, obviously. I'm a singer and I love dissecting phonetics and vowel pronunciations in different languages and accents - I totally get excited over weird dipthongs and stuff, haha.

I'm going to admit that I really don't get Friends. I watched it when it was first airing and it was mildly amusing, but whenever I see reruns now I'm not at all compelled to keep watching. They really don't seem to have aged that well for me and I just don't find them that funny. Seinfeld, even though it's older, is still more funny to me despite its age.

I have terrible taste in TV though...I don't really watch many scripted shows at all anymore. I've tried to get into all the big critically-acclaimed dramas like Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, True Detective, Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, but I always end up losing interest and shutting them off. I think it's because I don't like TV to make me feel terrible, and all those shows are pretty much sad ALL THE TIME. I can handle sad movies and books but not season after season of pain and misery. So I watch, like...shows about puppies on Animal Planet, and the Food Network, and all those terrible bride shows on TLC while I'm cooking dinner or as background when I'm reading a book, and that's sufficiently entertaining, but I almost never just sit down and watch TV without doing something else at the same time.

Me neither. It always seems a bit laboured to me. Sorry to all those who love it.
    I like comedy that's fast moving and mean. I love stuff like Veep where they're all horrible - probably why I prefer Seinfeld, although the laughter track makes it almost unwatchable. Also, UK Office > US Office.

I agree with all this. Never liked Friends (sorry guys). Seinfeld drove me nuts with the stupid laugh track.
    And I couldn't watch the US Office after watching the original UK Office. SO MUCH better. Actually a lot of Brit shows are vastly superior to ours. But I like gritty, "real" characters in my TV shows.

Blasphemy! JK

I have watched every episode of The Office (US version) but now I really want to watch the UK version. Anyone know if it's on Netflix?

• sashmolloy
    sashmolloy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    I still sneak a smoke once in a awhile. UGGGG I know
    Me too
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    My confessions are:
    1) Flapjacks are my downfall - I can easily scoff down a whole tub (22 pieces) of 'bitesize' flapjacks in one sitting while telling myself that all those oats are good for me. Sometimes they are my entire dinner.
    2) I will happily sit down to watch 'Superfat vs Superskinny' on TV after failing to go to the gym and with a box of chocolates and fully aware of the irony.

i always thought flapjacks were pancakes.
    then i got a lil packet of flapjacks in a graze snack box. hooked. instantly.
    SAME! They're my favorite of the snacks in my Graze boxes!!
    Proper Flapjacks: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1148640/yummy-golden-syrup-flapjacks
    If in Canada, I think Superstore/Loblaws sells golden syrup (Tate & Lyle's in the green and gold tin). If you can't find it, don't bother making - nothing else comes close.

I've also seen it at Bulk Barn.

Now I miss Golden Syrup. May have to pick up a tin. There's nothing like sugar on toast!
    So yeah, thanks for the sabotage everyone. I now have flapjacks baking. (Why, yes, I did happen to have golden syrup in the pantry, why do you ask?) :| Probably haven't made them since Miss Hartley's Home Economics class 30 years ago, so I'll let you know how they turn out.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    Food-related confession: I'm completely fed up with long pasta like spaghetti and linguine. Manual dexterity isn't my strong suit and I get so bored with twirling it into a manageable forkful, which seems to take me an extraordinary length of time, and I end up losing most of the sauce in the process so all I taste is the noodle. And there is usually some trailing end that I can't manage to train onto the fork that thwaps me in the chin anyway. I gave up ordering these types of noodles in restaurants long ago since I can't manage to eat them gracefully.

We had some leftover meat sauce and the SO made it with linguine last night (which obviously prompted this confession!). After the first couple of mouthfuls, I decided "screw it" and started hacking it up into smaller pieces with my knife. What the hell, I was in the privacy of my own home, who cares if I commit Pasta Sacrilege?

Again way behind here- but wanted to say that I pick up the noodles with my fork then twirl it onto a spoon which helps get all the goodness in the bite you want. But I appreciate your description. Made me smile.

I used to love making spaghetti sandwiches with two slices of bread when I was younger.

I did this, but with one slice of bread used like a taco shell, buttered, then stuffed with spaghetti and meat sauce. Umm... all the best of a spaghetti dinner, way easier.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    Stop being so interesting so I can do my job, everyone posting in this thread. I go to lunch for an hour, 1 HOUR and I have 4 pages to catch up on. 4 PAGES!!! How am I ever going to get anything done when you guys won't quit posting in here?!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I have been asked multiple times if I'm pregnant. I respond, "No, I'm just fat."

I laugh to play down the comment, but really, it hurts my feelings. I'm trying to lose midsection weight, but it's really hard to do once it's there.

Next time, just look at them, blank faced, and say, "wow, you must be really embarrassed that you just said that out loud."
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    Food-related confession: I'm completely fed up with long pasta like spaghetti and linguine. Manual dexterity isn't my strong suit and I get so bored with twirling it into a manageable forkful, which seems to take me an extraordinary length of time, and I end up losing most of the sauce in the process so all I taste is the noodle. And there is usually some trailing end that I can't manage to train onto the fork that thwaps me in the chin anyway. I gave up ordering these types of noodles in restaurants long ago since I can't manage to eat them gracefully.

We had some leftover meat sauce and the SO made it with linguine last night (which obviously prompted this confession!). After the first couple of mouthfuls, I decided "screw it" and started hacking it up into smaller pieces with my knife. What the hell, I was in the privacy of my own home, who cares if I commit Pasta Sacrilege?

Again way behind here- but wanted to say that I pick up the noodles with my fork then twirl it onto a spoon which helps get all the goodness in the bite you want. But I appreciate your description. Made me smile.

I used to love making spaghetti sandwiches with two slices of bread when I was younger.

I did this, but with one slice of bread used like a taco shell, buttered, then stuffed with spaghetti and meat sauce. Umm... all the best of a spaghetti dinner, way easier.

Even better if that slice of bread is toasted garlic bread! Yummy.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Accents: in my opinion, small-town Canadians (from anywhere) have a very different accent to city-dwellers and it's very noticeable. I've lived my whole life in urban Alberta and my accent is apparently geographically untraceable (depending on who I'm talking to, I've heard everything from "California" to "oh, were your parents Scandinavian?" to "did you grow up in England?" in my life) but I think there is a very distinct accent for rural Canadians (and, obviously, for French-Canadians and a couple variations for East Coasters too.)

It's not quite the same was what people think of as a "Canadian accent" (which usually sounds more like Minnesota to me when I hear it played for laughs on TV) but it's definitely a thing.

Being with my Canadian best friend rubbed off on me a lot, she didn't say aboot, but I still -almost 20 years later - catch myself saying "sorey' instead of "sorry".

Lol, you Americans don't say "sorry", you say "saawh-ry"...it's the easiest way I know to identify an American accent quickly ;) Also "lobby" sounds like "laawh-by" to me when Americans say it - it's those "o"s that are the giveaway because they're a lot flatter, closer to an "a" and further away from the almost-long-"o" sound that Canadians usually use for those words. In Vegas last weekend the elevator voice in our hotel made me giggle every time because of the way it pronounced "law-by floor".

Sorry for the essay on this one, but I find this stuff really interesting, obviously. I'm a singer and I love dissecting phonetics and vowel pronunciations in different languages and accents - I totally get excited over weird dipthongs and stuff, haha.

I'm going to admit that I really don't get Friends. I watched it when it was first airing and it was mildly amusing, but whenever I see reruns now I'm not at all compelled to keep watching. They really don't seem to have aged that well for me and I just don't find them that funny. Seinfeld, even though it's older, is still more funny to me despite its age.

I have terrible taste in TV though...I don't really watch many scripted shows at all anymore. I've tried to get into all the big critically-acclaimed dramas like Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, True Detective, Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, but I always end up losing interest and shutting them off. I think it's because I don't like TV to make me feel terrible, and all those shows are pretty much sad ALL THE TIME. I can handle sad movies and books but not season after season of pain and misery. So I watch, like...shows about puppies on Animal Planet, and the Food Network, and all those terrible bride shows on TLC while I'm cooking dinner or as background when I'm reading a book, and that's sufficiently entertaining, but I almost never just sit down and watch TV without doing something else at the same time.

Me neither. It always seems a bit laboured to me. Sorry to all those who love it.
    I like comedy that's fast moving and mean. I love stuff like Veep where they're all horrible - probably why I prefer Seinfeld, although the laughter track makes it almost unwatchable. Also, UK Office > US Office.

I agree with all this. Never liked Friends (sorry guys). Seinfeld drove me nuts with the stupid laugh track.
    And I couldn't watch the US Office after watching the original UK Office. SO MUCH better. Actually a lot of Brit shows are vastly superior to ours. But I like gritty, "real" characters in my TV shows.

Blasphemy! JK

I have watched every episode of The Office (US version) but now I really want to watch the UK version. Anyone know if it's on Netflix?

Yes, both are!
  • Tubbs216
    edited June 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Blasphemy! JK

Yes, both are!
    Be prepared though, the UK version is, umm, grittier.
    ETA: if you like Ricky Gervais, also try Extras. It's in a similar vein - fly on wall style - but lots of MAJOR stars playing themselves but not quite themselves (e.g. Dan Radcliffe as bratty child-star, Orlando Bloom as vain pretty-boy). Some is hide-behind-a-cushion cringe-inducing.