Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Narcissora wrote: »
    I stir fried the leftovers for a bento today... And I threw it in Tupperware instead of a bento box. Classy ;)

mbldip2ou3pz.jpg

Looks great!
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    fdx4edtbcok3.jpg
    I used my bento skills to pack lunch for the whole family to eat halfway through our bike ride on a local recreational trail. Its really nice. They paved a disused railroad bed and there are picnic tables or benches every few mile miles.

I didn't quite get a picture before the kids dug in. Under the peppers and snap peas there are tortilla roll sandwiches. Tortillas spread with Laughing Cow garlic and herb cheese, ham or turkey, cheddar cheese, and lettuce then rolled and sliced. A Babybell cheese for each of us. The kids prefer their stuff seperate so their box has rolled up ham and turkey, cut up cheese slices and crackers. Ranch in the little green topped container and cantaloupe in its own box. There also a box of cherries that didn't make it into the picture.
  • piheart
    piheart Posts: 122 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Happy Monday! was on vacation the end of last week but back with a bento.

Breakfast (top): Hard boiled fishy egg, cheese, mustard, pickles, and apples. 268 calories

Lunch (bottom): Bagel, cream cheese, hummus, kalamata olives and celery. 475 calories

I need to go shopping...

9jw3v95abc2y.jpg
  • sagj
    Options
    piheart wrote: »
    Happy Monday! was on vacation the end of last week but back with a bento.

Breakfast (top): Hard boiled fishy egg, cheese, mustard, pickles, and apples. 268 calories

Lunch (bottom): Bagel, cream cheese, hummus, kalamata olives and celery. 475 calories

I need to go shopping...

9jw3v95abc2y.jpg

Where did you get your cute little animal containers (the frog and chick today)? I think you have a couple other ones too that are so cute. I looked on Amazon for them and couldn't find them (that's how much I love them ;)
  • piheart
    Options
    sagj wrote: »

Where did you get your cute little animal containers (the frog and chick today)? I think you have a couple other ones too that are so cute. I looked on Amazon for them and couldn't find them (that's how much I love them ;)

Thank you!! I love them! They are silicone cups, so you can bake in them too, which will be my next adventure :) I found them on Amazon, they are made by Daiso so you might be able to find them somewhere else too, but here's a link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BKQQ3U4/ref=yo_ii_img

My only criticism is they are a little thin, so you have to be careful not to rip the silicone. Maybe I'm just clumsy, though... the frog already has a little tear :'(
  • Narcissora
    Narcissora Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    f4l06xjoafyn.jpg

Roasted zucchini on top of ramen, soy sauce egg, strawberry Jell-O, apricot, Cheez-Its
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Oh man, everyone's eggs are looking so tasty and perfectly cooked! I'm out of eggs at the moment, but I normally eat at least one hard boiled egg a day. So, here's today's bento. I cooked a turkey breast on Sunday, so today is turkey breast, rice w/ furikake, corn, mushrooms, carrots and two hershey kisses. Husband's box on the left is pretty similar, but he also got cheese, a little miracle whip in the pot, an extra kiss and more corn instead of mushrooms. Total cals 405.
    6mrf1agbes77.jpg
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I just bought this Fit&Fresh lunchbox at TKMaxx. I couldn't find any Bento one for a reasonable price (I'm in the UK). Can anyone recommend me a UK on line shop? I would love to buy some small dispenser and accesories. Thank you!

mc4zf8xwnpdp.png

f54tpaxyu883.png

• sagj
    edited June 2015
    Options
    2511iih1t7rk.jpg

Here is lunch and first dinner today:

Lunch bento layer one: Chipotle chicken roll up, celery sticks, and dilled egg salad

Layer two: Basil and tomato salad (with tomatoes from my neighbors garden and basil from mine, :love: ) with balsamic and olive oil, spring greens salad with red onion and spicy dill pickle chips

Stacked bento: all cherries, because cherries (and bowties) are cool.

Little container: 1 cup Italian potato soup to get me through yoga teacher training and until I get home for slow cooker pot roast

I'm super excited about food today, guys!
  • AlyssaPGoodiwn
    AlyssaPGoodiwn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I want to use bento boxes!!!
  • sagj
    Options

Thank you!! I love them! They are silicone cups, so you can bake in them too, which will be my next adventure :) I found them on Amazon, they are made by Daiso so you might be able to find them somewhere else too, but here's a link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BKQQ3U4/ref=yo_ii_img

My only criticism is they are a little thin, so you have to be careful not to rip the silicone. Maybe I'm just clumsy, though... the frog already has a little tear :'(

Thank you so much! I'll have to check that out.

Sad panda for the ripped froggy though :(
  • Narcissora
    edited June 2015
    Options

Truth...

And now I will go back to drinking my tea... Or something that is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea.

1xeojx9i8imi.jpg
    image.jpg 1006.1K
  • sagj
    Options
    I want to use bento boxes!!!

Join us! Start with whatever container you have, get a couple silicone baking cups and you're on your way!
  • sagj
    edited June 2015
    Options

Truth...

And now I will go back to drinking my tea... Or something that is almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea.

1xeojx9i8imi.jpg

YES! :smiley: I think we have a couple other Whovians on this thread too! I think I've seen a tardis cookie jar and a dalek in someone's pictures. Whovian bentos unite!

918rt5ff5h3s.jpg

Because bowties are cool.
  • piheart
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Tuesday bento below:

Breakfast: (top) Apples, grapes, panda (!!), mini oven pancakes & syrup. (395 cal)

Lunch: (bottom) Cucumber and garbanzo bean salad with feta, celery, hummus. (301 cal)

mrfavfmrm3n3.jpg
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Rice, shrimp, mixed veggies, and an egg-shaped boiled egg; edamame and an individual packet of Nutella under a couple dark chocolate squares, which I've already eaten as a snack :3 It's a little protein-heavy today because I lifted this morning and like to have higher protein on lifting days. 378 cal + 115 for the chocolate.

f44xvwxm1obd.jpg
  • LadyAhiru
    LadyAhiru Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    LadyAhiru wrote: »
    ridunox7jiho.jpg

Sweet and Spicey Prawns with Rice and Zuccini, Bell Pepper, Mushroom ;)

I'm not actually trying to be a creepy stalker, but I search tumblr for bento ideas, and I totally came across this one today >.<

And yay for sharing bento love with the blogging world!

Haha you found my blog ;)
  • LadyAhiru
    Options
    @LadyAhiru if you don't mind me asking, what did you cook your veggies in? The sauce looks tasty!

Sorry for the late answer ;) Its soysauce with some chopped carlic, honey ans chilli
  • LadyAhiru
    Options

Truth...

1xeojx9i8imi.jpg

wahhhhh i love doctor who!
    Lets time travel together^^
  • Narcissora
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Tuesday bento below:

Breakfast: (top) Apples, grapes, panda (!!), mini oven pancakes & syrup. (395 cal)

Lunch: (bottom) Cucumber and garbanzo bean salad with feta, celery, hummus. (301 cal)

mrfavfmrm3n3.jpg

I love the itty bitty pancakes. Did you make them, or are they a pre-packaged frozen thing?

On a totally unrelated note, I had a cookie for breakfast today. Some days are better than others.

Also, I'm going out for lunch with coworkers today, so no bento.

Also also, I went to a weekly summer event here last night called "Food Truck Tuesday". I'm pretty sure I ate about three times what my daily calorie intake is supposed to be. Ugh, getting back on track is SO DIFFICULT