Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I confess that I have been putting off telling you all this good news but...

My son was awarded a scholarship from our state due to his disability that covers the cost of his private school (tried a few public schools but our state is scraping bottom in public schools and it was a horrible experience) and tutoring and therapies. The fact that as a single mom just starting a career (2 years now) I am able to see him get all the support he needs to be his best person - this is awesome! This can only be used for very specifically approved things but saves me so much money that I would have found somehow but now can use for other necessities as well. This is such a relief and completely unexpected.

Then I just got an email from a club I belong to (because my son loves this particular hobby) where all the guys in the club are making him a project of this hobby to have ready for him when he gets home (awwwwwwwww). He has about 70 grandpa's who have taken him in to their hearts in this club that has to do with model trains. :smile:

My daughter is doing very well with her food and mood and I've actually seen her laugh a few times today (she's interning with me so we have lots of together time.) One of my favorite bands (Cake) is going to be in town when I'm out of town and she is planning to go to the concert with her friends (she looked so smug about it I had to laugh).

MY (can you tell I"m smitten) SO booked us our haunted hotel room in a ghost town for our Halloween plans and he has already ordered his Dread Pirate Roberts costume. I guess I'd best get working on that Princess Buttercup wedding dress...

Today is a good day.

ALL of this makes me SO incredibly happy!

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Confession #2 of the day: Last Friday, I was chatting with one of the security guards and he told me it was his birthday. So I did what I thought was amusing and underestimated his age. He asked me if I was flirting with him and I was so embarrassed, I probably turned bright red. Now when I see him I try to be nice but not flirtatious but it still feels awkward.

2nd part of the confession, Monday when I asked him how his bday was, he told me he got to have cake and steak. Now I want cake and steak.

Was he just teasing and/or trying to embarrass you? Because who asks that?!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Confession #2 of the day: Last Friday, I was chatting with one of the security guards and he told me it was his birthday. So I did what I thought was amusing and underestimated his age. He asked me if I was flirting with him and I was so embarrassed, I probably turned bright red. Now when I see him I try to be nice but not flirtatious but it still feels awkward.

2nd part of the confession, Monday when I asked him how his bday was, he told me he got to have cake and steak. Now I want cake and steak.

Well, is he cute???

Cute~ish? I guess, but I'm married and pretty happy about it.

Well, nothing wrong with a little playfulness to pass the day every now and then. Although I know not everyone shares that viewpoint.

@nonoelmo that is a whole bunch of good news! Thanks for sharing!

Also, I forgot to mention many pages back, @LBuehrle8 I really wish I had your youthful looks! Would not believe your age had you not told us.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I confess that I am addicted to chapstick. I carry it with me everywhere. I mention this because I just had a 2nd one bite the dust on me this week and I'm so glad I have a spare in my desk at work. It doesn't have to be the Chapstick brand. I will try all kinds and probably have 10 tubes at home. I bought myself some for my Christmas stocking last year.

Same here. I love chapstick/lip gloss. I have a ton already but I always want more.

Confession: As a kid I used to eat chapstick. My favorites were mint and cherry. :)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    sngqfx8x5p1k.jpg

Sharing a picture of Phoebe and me from Sunday. We moved up to 3' (tried a few years ago and we had a few issues, so backed down and have been working on it every since -- my issues not hers) and tried again this past Sunday. She was amazing and we ROCKED it. :)

Plus, this is my first time trying to post a photo in here from my computer. I made it work on tablet, have never been able to figure out phone, so let's see if desktop works!

That is so cool! Confession: I've never been on a horse in my life. In fact, I don't even think I've ever seen one up close.

This makes me sad. Horses are wonderful. And so beautiful. And so smart. and on and on and on...
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I think I may have missed the name game too. I post kind of infrequently, but I have made a few friends here. I am Lee Ann.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I confess that I am addicted to chapstick. I carry it with me everywhere. I mention this because I just had a 2nd one bite the dust on me this week and I'm so glad I have a spare in my desk at work. It doesn't have to be the Chapstick brand. I will try all kinds and probably have 10 tubes at home. I bought myself some for my Christmas stocking last year.

Same here. I love chapstick/lip gloss. I have a ton already but I always want more.

Confession: As a kid I used to eat chapstick. My favorites were mint and cherry. :)

I'm not addicted to chapstick, but I had bad chapped lips a couple of months ago and stopped in Books-A-Million at while at the mall and bought a tube of Burt's Bees Ultra Conditioning. Holy crap, what a godsend. It healed my lips in like 4-5 days. No balm has ever done that. I would just suffer and let it dry out/peel before. I will never buy anything else ever again.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @BZAH10 love your new pic too and what a great color! And your bicep still looks fantastic!
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I just finished reading the "You're too skinny!" Do others ever make you question your maintenance weight?" thread and now am feeling very grateful for my friends and family. I have only had good comments about my weight loss, so far. Of course, I still have a long ways to go. But man, reading that thread made me realize how rude and unsupportive some people are.

I first got down to my normal weight nearly 20 years ago. I went from around 500 to around 175. People who didn't recognize me treated me completely differently than they did when I was big. I got smiles and courtesy, doors held open - and I don't mean flirting, it was men and women, any ages, the way they treated me was night and day. People who were absolutely cold and wouldn't acknowledge me before would go out of their way to say hi.

Overall, I'd say that had a far bigger impact on me than the random "you need to eat a hot pocket" type comments I'd get once in a while. I'm very distrustful of people in general, now. It takes a very long time before I decide if they're actually a nice person, or if they're a "nice as long as you fit my cookie cutter mold" person. Outside of some dysfunctional family relationships, most of the comments like those in that thread will stop after people get used to seeing the smaller version of the person, but the really rude and unsupportive people are far more subtle.

That is really too bad. Why can't people just be happy for other people's success? I tend to be pretty oblivious sometimes, so if subtly was involved I may have completely missed the insult, or just figured I was misinterpreting. My husband says I'm too trusting, but I'd rather go through life thinking the best of people and be hurt once in awhile then being distrustful and thinking the worst of people. That is my husband. I'm too trusting, he's too suspicious. I say we balance each other out.

Good job on a wonderful loss and keeping it off!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @Susieq_1994 and @nonoelmo

• hermajestyvictoria
    hermajestyvictoria Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I can't do any type of jumping jacks or running without my belly smacking the top of my thighs. It's really embarrassing. Going to talk to a surgeon about a panniculectomy. Three kids and yo-yoing between 140 and 252 a few times wrecked my belly.

I know the embarrassing feeling. v.v

You guys! Don't be embarrassed - you are working out and that is nothing to be ashamed about :) I think it's fab that you are on this fitness journey :D
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

My son was awarded a scholarship from our state due to his disability that covers the cost of his private school (tried a few public schools but our state is scraping bottom in public schools and it was a horrible experience) and tutoring and therapies. The fact that as a single mom just starting a career (2 years now) I am able to see him get all the support he needs to be his best person - this is awesome! This can only be used for very specifically approved things but saves me so much money that I would have found somehow but now can use for other necessities as well. This is such a relief and completely unexpected.

Then I just got an email from a club I belong to (because my son loves this particular hobby) where all the guys in the club are making him a project of this hobby to have ready for him when he gets home (awwwwwwwww). He has about 70 grandpa's who have taken him in to their hearts in this club that has to do with model trains. :smile:

My daughter is doing very well with her food and mood and I've actually seen her laugh a few times today (she's interning with me so we have lots of together time.) One of my favorite bands (Cake) is going to be in town when I'm out of town and she is planning to go to the concert with her friends (she looked so smug about it I had to laugh).

MY (can you tell I"m smitten) SO booked us our haunted hotel room in a ghost town for our Halloween plans and he has already ordered his Dread Pirate Roberts costume. I guess I'd best get working on that Princess Buttercup wedding dress...

Today is a good day.

All of that is AWESOME! I love that kind of Cake, too!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    @BZAH10 love your new pic too and what a great color! And your bicep still looks fantastic!

Seconded! I was thinking the same thing!

• xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I really love this thread. You guys have helped me through a pretty hard time, and I have seen you help so many other people through hard times as well. People on the internet can be awful, but they can also be great. Best thread ever.

Same here. This thread has affected my life in many ways. All good ways, which is why I struggle so much to keep up. But I have to accept that I cannot. I have to balance it out with real life, but I'll be here for as long as this thread exists!

Same for me too. I feel like I've really gotten to know some of you really well, especially when we did the real name thing. Several hundred pages back. I've learned a lot and am very grateful for all of you. Thanks for being so accepting and friendly. Never go away, okay?!

Is it too late for me to get in on that and tell everyone my name? Because I was just a lurker back then... I was just wondering about that yesterday!

Go for it. I was just a lurker then too. My name is Jody :)

Ooh, yay! I'm Sawsan. :) It's an Arabic name, and sounds nothing like Suzanne, which is what every non-Arab seems to call me. -_- It sounds like So-Sen (With a sssss sound, like in snake) and it means lily flower.

Can you tell that I was totally looking forward to sharing all that? :o

That's a beautiful name and off course you can tell us you were looking forward to sharing that..it is confessions :)

And on that I have never really liked my name as it is a gender neutral name and the boys at school always teased me it's a boys name.

I actually know a couple Sawsans :) I love the name. I live near Detroit, and Dearborn (which is basically a huge city next to Detroit) has a large population of Arab Americans, I grew up with a lot of names like Sawsan, Rima, Fatima, Nasir, etc. My son has an Ahmad, Fatima, and an Omar in his preschool class. I love exotic names like yours- they're so pretty!

My name's Heather. I HATED it growing up- I got a lot of "light as a feather" jokes (and I wasn't even overweight then; it just bugged me).
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    This potty training fiasco is really testing my patience right now. I love my kid, and I know she has other issues, but holy hell this is an exhausting venture! :rage:

Yesterday I found out from SIL that the woman she was suppose to order our scentsy stuff from still hasn't replied to any of her texts, so that's up in the air. She hasn't given her any money, and said if she doesn't hear anything by Friday everyone is getting their money back. It still pisses me off because that was Raelynn's last birthday gift, a nightlight/warmer that's shaped like an owl because she loves owls. :rage:
  • WhatLouAte
    WhatLouAte Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    At night, if I'm not at the top of the Fitbit challenge board, I will walk around my garden in the dark to get more steps...
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Guys!

I got a call to schedule an interview for a lab manager position at an awesome hospital! It's actually the hospital where my FIL has been for the last few weeks post-heart attack.

Weird fact: The two previous lab managers were fired after a terrible (potential shutdown kind of terrible) inspection. One of them was the mother of one of my current employees. Awkward.

Good luck!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I really love this thread. You guys have helped me through a pretty hard time, and I have seen you help so many other people through hard times as well. People on the internet can be awful, but they can also be great. Best thread ever.

Same here. This thread has affected my life in many ways. All good ways, which is why I struggle so much to keep up. But I have to accept that I cannot. I have to balance it out with real life, but I'll be here for as long as this thread exists!

Same for me too. I feel like I've really gotten to know some of you really well, especially when we did the real name thing. Several hundred pages back. I've learned a lot and am very grateful for all of you. Thanks for being so accepting and friendly. Never go away, okay?!

Is it too late for me to get in on that and tell everyone my name? Because I was just a lurker back then... I was just wondering about that yesterday!

Go for it. I was just a lurker then too. My name is Jody :)

Ooh, yay! I'm Sawsan. :) It's an Arabic name, and sounds nothing like Suzanne, which is what every non-Arab seems to call me. -_- It sounds like So-Sen (With a sssss sound, like in snake) and it means lily flower.

Can you tell that I was totally looking forward to sharing all that? :o

That is a beautiful name! I've got what has to be the most popular 90s kid name ever lol. One of the many reasons my kid has a relatively uncommon (but not "out there") name lol.

I hated my name so much and how popular it was that I gave my kids "European sounding" names- Aleksandar and Leonid. (they go by Aleks and Leo, though, which is about as common as you can get, guess).
  • Oberon21
    Options

Today is a good day.

This is a great day! Congratulations on all fronts!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Well, I have a not-so-confessiony confession (that sounded weird.). I've mentioned here before that I was writing a book on an amateur writing website (Wattpad). Today, I finally finished the book! I just posted the final chapter like... Fifteen minutes ago.

My husband refused to read it until it was fully complete (he hates incomplete things, whether they're books or series) but he wanted to read it when it was done. So, he read it today, and I was really nervous because he's usually reeeeally picky about the books he reads. He said that he enjoyed it and the plot was really unique! (very rare praise from him) I'm SO GIDDY RIGHT NOW. :D

I also got tons of feedback on how unique and original the storyline is from almost every single commenter, so now I feel all warm and fuzzy and special. ;) Yay me!

Congratulations. That's a big deal. I am envious of people that have the ability to write!!

Thanks! I just keep refreshing my notification page, hoping for new comments. :p I wouldn't say I'm much of a writer, actually. I'm a pretty good essay writer, so I can convey a lot of information in a very concise manner. As a result, my first story is really short. Each chapter is like... One and a half pages.

My sister's been a writer since she was about 13, and she writes novels. My entire BOOK could fit into one of her chapters! :o

So... can you post a link that we can all read it? And this is wonderful! And you are a great writer, as we all know from reading your posts!