Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    (Kind-of) related to all the first-name-sharing: when I was like 13 I had a "girlfriend" on one of those sites like gaia online. But I was really paranoid so I made up a false name and mentioned all these details about my fake life so that she would never be able to find me in person. And then I was paranoid that she would anyway, so I faked my death. It was... weird.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I confess that I am addicted to chapstick. I carry it with me everywhere. I mention this because I just had a 2nd one bite the dust on me this week and I'm so glad I have a spare in my desk at work. It doesn't have to be the Chapstick brand. I will try all kinds and probably have 10 tubes at home. I bought myself some for my Christmas stocking last year.

Oh me too! But only the blue medicated Chapstick kind.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Last time I stayed at a hotel, I took some of the little cups of peanut butter from the continental breakfast. I'm eating one now, with a spoon, as a snack. :p

Thief! Just kidding. That is a fabulous idea! I buy the little pre portioned cups of hummus so I don't have to weigh it out. It's WAY more expensive, but my time is precious and I don't want to spend it weighing out a really sad amount of hummus.

No judgement, but store-bought hummus is sad no matter what size or form it comes in! :o You can never beat homemade hummus. In fact, I just had some that I made a couple of days ago for dinner with Iranian-style kabab kubbideh! Yum. <3

I've been meaning to make hummus for weeks, but I'm worried that I will eat the entire batch in a week three days.

I usually just make enough for 8 very small servings (like enough to spread on a kabab/chicken sandwich) or two big fat servings (that would make up a whole meal) or four medium servings (enough for a side dish). All that to say that I make about 500 grams of it at a time. Heh.

Confession: I'm just really super fed-up with myself. Ever since I've started "slipping" I've basically been tightening my "restriction" belt more and more and more. Baking ingredients? Banned from the house. Sweets? Banned from the house. Butter? Banned. Sugar? Banned. And yet, I still manage to mess up, because I'm just that awesome. And you know what? I'm sick of it.

I told my husband last night that if I keep this up, we're not going to have any food left in the house at all soon. :-/ The last straw for me was when I slipped up (2000+ calories over maintenance) because of trying to bake something (out of desperation) with a bunch of substitutes that tasted NASTY, and it turned out that I could have had the same amount of the real stuff for much less calories than that... It's like I just keep on baking because baking is "bad" (and yet I really love baking) and so tempting to do because I feel like I can't ever do it again if I'm being "good".

So you know what I did? I threw out everything I've been doing for these last few months. Everything. I went out and I bought flour, sugars, butter, baking powder, chocolate, and then I baked a big ole batch of chocolate chip cookies. I now have a freezer full of cookies and two big bags of chocolate chips and a whole bunch of ingredients to bake more WHENEVER I WANT. And that feels freeing.

I did slip up eat more cookies than I intended to yesterday, BUT I didn't eat the whole tray like I did every single time before this because "I have to finish these so I won't mess up again tomorrow!". Well, it's tomorrow now. There are still plenty of cookies. And there will be plenty the day after too. And I don't need to have one right now, because I can have one later. And that feels freeing, too.

Will this work? I really have absolutely no idea. But I'm really, really, really sick of all this "forbidden" and "good" and "bad" and not being able to bake. So I'm throwing everything out of the window and starting over again. Send me good vibes?

Sorry for the novel. :)

Yep! All the good vibes! Food is not good or bad or forbidden. It just is. It provides energy to your body. I'm planning on eating ice cream for dinner tonight (husband and son will be out of town). I have no guilt about that at all. It's a planned treat. It puts me 230 calories over for the day. But, if I hit the gym on the way home from work, which I plan to do, I should be fine.

Logically, I completely and utterly know that. I really do. I even have a college-level diploma in nutrition, the course of which I graduated from with a perfect 4.0 GPA to prove that I shouldn't be such a moron.

I used to have a better relationship with food, believe it or not. I could have one cookie and then say no because I didn't have calories for the rest, and I could keep all kinds of goodies in my house/fridge to eat small bits of when I had the calories for them. I'm honestly not sure what happened. I think it was that I would mess up, then restrict a little bit, then mess up again, and so on... And restriction begets restriction, and I kept restriciting further to "fix" the inevitable slips that I keep making.

But that's it. I'm done. No more "no" to anything--Or at least that's the plan. No more "I have to finish all of these so I won't have more of them to mess up again tomorrow". It just has to stop; it's such a horrible downward spiral. :-/

Hey, so stupid question, but didn't you post a while ago that you had just gotten your GED? Or am I confused on that?

And I think you are taking the right approach to your eating. Restrictions just lead to binging. Because of course then you become obsessed (at least I do!).

Yup, I did. Strangely enough, I was able to get this diploma before I even got a high school diploma. Proof of high school graduation wasn't required to participate in the course, so I just conveniently didn't mention that I didn't have one. Shhhh! ;)

Ah, okay. I thought I was going crazy! :)
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    LH85DC wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession - I'm completely procrastinating on filling the dishwasher.

The wife and I both hate doing that, we will use every dish in the house before loading it. If I had unlimited funds the first thing I would do is hire someone to load the dishwasher.

I would hire someone to do my laundry. I hate doing laundry. I FULLY REALIZE it just involves sticking a bunch of clothes into a stupid machine, and then sticking them into another stupid machine. Doesn't matter. Still hate doing laundry.

I don't like laundry either. Throwing it in the washer is no problem, but most of my clothes are hung to dry which is a pain.

Laundry I don't mind doing, but I bring it to work with me to do. Side benefit of working in athletics at a university is using the washer/dryer here I can do the equivalent of 6 loads washed/dried in 1 hour.

You can swing by and get my laundry any time! (eta: that sounds vaguely sexual and I promise you it's not! I apologize!)

I specifically only buy clothes that can be washed and dried. Nothing that needs any sort of special care. Last time I bought a sweater that needed to be hung to dry, my husband accidentally shrunk it in the dryer. I brought it to work without trying it on first after it had been washed (I wear workout clothes for my commute), changed into it and realized it had been turned into a crop top.
    Haha! What did you wear that day?
    I used to have a beautiful cream cashmere cardigan. Very expensive. Somehow it got put through a hot wash and came out like it would fit a 6 month old baby; tiny, perfectly formed, but now made of cream felt!

I have done this...more than once, and never with inexpensive wool sweaters, just with J Crew cashmere. Now I don't even put them in the laundry basket in case they get missed when I sort laundry.

On the plus side, I've received three cute wool sweaters from the men in my house when they've had their own laundry accidents. They now fit me snugly with little three-quarter sleeves when they used to be men's mediums...

I have a laundry hamper that's sorted into three separate baskets--By the time laundry day comes up, all the laundry is pre-sorted and I don't have to do anything except throw it into the washing machine. :) It's very useful!

Yes, I have one of those too! One for whites, one for mediums and one for darks. The hard part is convincing my fiance to put things in the right bins. I'm forever taking his stuff out of the dark bin and moving to the medium one (he only did whites and darks when he lived alone).

I wash everything together, lol. Whites, darks, whatever! Ain't nobody got time for that!! LMAO

I do too! Never have a problem!

Haha I do the same too- I just make sure I wash everything in cold!

I do lights and darks, unless a new red shirt comes in, then I'll be careful with that one item the first wash or two. Otherwise, everything has been washed so many times it makes no difference.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    This potty training fiasco is really testing my patience right now. I love my kid, and I know she has other issues, but holy hell this is an exhausting venture! :rage:

I waited until mine were way too old to do it. I admire people who have the courage to do it with 2yos... My kids were 4.
    Well, I have a not-so-confessiony confession (that sounded weird.). I've mentioned here before that I was writing a book on an amateur writing website (Wattpad). Today, I finally finished the book! I just posted the final chapter like... Fifteen minutes ago.

My husband refused to read it until it was fully complete (he hates incomplete things, whether they're books or series) but he wanted to read it when it was done. So, he read it today, and I was really nervous because he's usually reeeeally picky about the books he reads. He said that he enjoyed it and the plot was really unique! (very rare praise from him) I'm SO GIDDY RIGHT NOW. :D

I also got tons of feedback on how unique and original the storyline is from almost every single commenter, so now I feel all warm and fuzzy and special. ;) Yay me!

Fantastic! Congrats!
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I confess that I have been putting off telling you all this good news but...

My son was awarded a scholarship from our state due to his disability that covers the cost of his private school (tried a few public schools but our state is scraping bottom in public schools and it was a horrible experience) and tutoring and therapies. The fact that as a single mom just starting a career (2 years now) I am able to see him get all the support he needs to be his best person - this is awesome! This can only be used for very specifically approved things but saves me so much money that I would have found somehow but now can use for other necessities as well. This is such a relief and completely unexpected.

Then I just got an email from a club I belong to (because my son loves this particular hobby) where all the guys in the club are making him a project of this hobby to have ready for him when he gets home (awwwwwwwww). He has about 70 grandpa's who have taken him in to their hearts in this club that has to do with model trains. :smile:

My daughter is doing very well with her food and mood and I've actually seen her laugh a few times today (she's interning with me so we have lots of together time.) One of my favorite bands (Cake) is going to be in town when I'm out of town and she is planning to go to the concert with her friends (she looked so smug about it I had to laugh).

MY (can you tell I"m smitten) SO booked us our haunted hotel room in a ghost town for our Halloween plans and he has already ordered his Dread Pirate Roberts costume. I guess I'd best get working on that Princess Buttercup wedding dress...

Today is a good day.

Sounds like a fantastic day!

• Oberon21
    Options
    For those of you that don't know, my name is Monique. Unlike some of you, there are LOTS of nicknames/parodies for it. The thing that's most annoying about having an uncommon name, is that I can never find any personalized items with my name. You can find Monica all day long, but I've only found a Monique keychain once and you better believe I bought that baby.

I am Patricia... and as I mentioned a few hundred pages ago but this is a good refresher, I am called Patricia (I hate all derivatives of my name... Pat, Patty, Trish, Tricia, etc.). However, if you knew me before I moved to NJ and changed my name, or you are in my family, you are allowed to call me Patty. :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    At night, if I'm not at the top of the Fitbit challenge board, I will walk around my garden in the dark to get more steps...

Yikes! Sometimes I am so behind it would take hours for me to catch up that way. :#
  • Oberon21
    Options
    For those of you that don't know, my name is Monique. Unlike some of you, there are LOTS of nicknames/parodies for it. The thing that's most annoying about having an uncommon name, is that I can never find any personalized items with my name. You can find Monica all day long, but I've only found a Monique keychain once and you better believe I bought that baby.

I am Patricia... and as I mentioned a few hundred pages ago but this is a good refresher, I am called Patricia (I hate all derivatives of my name... Pat, Patty, Trish, Tricia, etc.). However, if you knew me before I moved to NJ and changed my name, or you are in my family, you are allowed to call me Patty. :)
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I'm on my tablet and I accidentally clicked on page one of this rather than the next page. Then, since I was already there, I was curious what page my first post was on so I started looking. I found it pretty funny that a lot of the early meaner/judgmental posts have been flagged enough to be buried. Made me smile.
    Had to go back and look! I actually don't understand why there were so many abuse flags - because it said 'no judgement' and they were judging? (Also, I love that Colin Farrell gif!)
    Also, I'm Natalie.

Hi Natalie!! What a nice name!

Natalija (nn Natalie) was going to be my youngest son's name, until they told us he was a boy. I LOVE that name. I seriously would name a dog that or something if I could since DH says no more kids.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I really love this thread. You guys have helped me through a pretty hard time, and I have seen you help so many other people through hard times as well. People on the internet can be awful, but they can also be great. Best thread ever.

Same here. This thread has affected my life in many ways. All good ways, which is why I struggle so much to keep up. But I have to accept that I cannot. I have to balance it out with real life, but I'll be here for as long as this thread exists!

Same for me too. I feel like I've really gotten to know some of you really well, especially when we did the real name thing. Several hundred pages back. I've learned a lot and am very grateful for all of you. Thanks for being so accepting and friendly. Never go away, okay?!

Is it too late for me to get in on that and tell everyone my name? Because I was just a lurker back then... I was just wondering about that yesterday!

Go for it. I was just a lurker then too. My name is Jody :)

Ooh, yay! I'm Sawsan. :) It's an Arabic name, and sounds nothing like Suzanne, which is what every non-Arab seems to call me. -_- It sounds like So-Sen (With a sssss sound, like in snake) and it means lily flower.

Can you tell that I was totally looking forward to sharing all that? :o

That is a beautiful name! I've got what has to be the most popular 90s kid name ever lol. One of the many reasons my kid has a relatively uncommon (but not "out there") name lol.

I hated my name so much and how popular it was that I gave my kids "European sounding" names- Aleksandar and Leonid. (they go by Aleks and Leo, though, which is about as common as you can get, guess).

My daughter's name is Raelynn, it's a mix of part of a childhood nickname for me (Rae) and my MIL's middle name (Lynn). Apparently it's supposed to be spelled Raelyn but we added the extra "n" on for MIL (she's the first female grandchild). Her middle name (Grace) is ridiculously trendy right now and I'm really glad we didn't make that her first name like we had thought about doing. I tried to go for something that couldn't really be shortened, but I guess it could be just shortened to either Rae or Lynn. And, no her name didn't come from the country singer RaeLynn. You would not believe how many people ask me that lol.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    (Kind-of) related to all the first-name-sharing: when I was like 13 I had a "girlfriend" on one of those sites like gaia online. But I was really paranoid so I made up a false name and mentioned all these details about my fake life so that she would never be able to find me in person. And then I was paranoid that she would anyway, so I faked my death. It was... weird.
    Actually pretty smart of you at 13 ;). I used to be a regular on some forum that eventually closed down. I was terrified to give my real name because I didn't want anyone to track me down... some people did get extremely creepy with me (it was just a forum for a movie series) and scared me. I still have a great paranoia and had to convince myself to put up a real picture on my profile. I think about taking it down all the time, though. There are some creepy people out there.

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    @bkhamill -I hope everything goes okay.

@Susieq_1994 -Congrats on the book! That is so cool.

@AngryViking -Now I want to find out where my first confession is…I’m tempted!

@quicksylver296 -I want the Prickly Pear lip stuff. I may have to look for it.

@nonoelmo –That is awesome news about your son. Congrats!

Ugh there are always so many things I want to respond to. I'd be writing a book responding to everyone if I did. Just know I'm reading everything!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    My
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I really love this thread. You guys have helped me through a pretty hard time, and I have seen you help so many other people through hard times as well. People on the internet can be awful, but they can also be great. Best thread ever.

Same here. This thread has affected my life in many ways. All good ways, which is why I struggle so much to keep up. But I have to accept that I cannot. I have to balance it out with real life, but I'll be here for as long as this thread exists!

Same for me too. I feel like I've really gotten to know some of you really well, especially when we did the real name thing. Several hundred pages back. I've learned a lot and am very grateful for all of you. Thanks for being so accepting and friendly. Never go away, okay?!

Is it too late for me to get in on that and tell everyone my name? Because I was just a lurker back then... I was just wondering about that yesterday!

Go for it. I was just a lurker then too. My name is Jody :)

Ooh, yay! I'm Sawsan. :) It's an Arabic name, and sounds nothing like Suzanne, which is what every non-Arab seems to call me. -_- It sounds like So-Sen (With a sssss sound, like in snake) and it means lily flower.

Can you tell that I was totally looking forward to sharing all that? :o

That is a beautiful name! I've got what has to be the most popular 90s kid name ever lol. One of the many reasons my kid has a relatively uncommon (but not "out there") name lol.

I hated my name so much and how popular it was that I gave my kids "European sounding" names- Aleksandar and Leonid. (they go by Aleks and Leo, though, which is about as common as you can get, guess).

My daughter's name is Raelynn, it's a mix of part of a childhood nickname for me (Rae) and my MIL's middle name (Lynn). Apparently it's supposed to be spelled Raelyn but we added the extra "n" on for MIL (she's the first female grandchild). Her middle name (Grace) is ridiculously trendy right now and I'm really glad we didn't make that her first name like we had thought about doing. I tried to go for something that couldn't really be shortened, but I guess it could be just shortened to either Rae or Lynn. And, no her name didn't come from the country singer RaeLynn. You would not believe how many people ask me that lol.

My son's name is Kypton and I am ashamed to admit I got it off The Bachelor
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Actually pretty smart of you at 13 ;). I used to be a regular on some forum that eventually closed down. I was terrified to give my real name because I didn't want anyone to track me down... some people did get extremely creepy with me (it was just a forum for a movie series) and scared me. I still have a great paranoia and had to convince myself to put up a real picture on my profile. I think about taking it down all the time, though. There are some creepy people out there.

My parents' rude awakening to the real world when we first got online - some guy messaged me asking me to mail him a shoe. I thought it was funny and told them, and it wasn't until I was older that I understood why they had him blocked.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I think I may have missed the name game too. I post kind of infrequently, but I have made a few friends here. I am Lee Ann.

Hi Lee Ann!! I'm having so much fun learning more of y'all's first names! :)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Thanks @BZAH10 !! I wish I had your biceps your new picture is HOT! B)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 - Congrats on the book!! I have so many book ideas, but I never take the time to write. So jealous. I'd love to read it if there's a way for us to.

@CountessKitteh - Yay!!! You're gonna blow them away.

I can't keep up now with the other things I wanted to respond to. Meh.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    @bkhamill -I hope everything goes okay.

@Susieq_1994 -Congrats on the book! That is so cool.

@AngryViking -Now I want to find out where my first confession is…I’m tempted!

@quicksylver296 -I want the Prickly Pear lip stuff. I may have to look for it.

@nonoelmo –That is awesome news about your son. Congrats!

Ugh there are always so many things I want to respond to. I'd be writing a book responding to everyone if I did. Just know I'm reading everything!

Haha this was my though too! I'm so excited for everyone on that list play @countesskitteh for the interview yay!!
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My whole firm is doing a 5k at the end of the month and I HATE CARDIO. But I might do it for the "team building opportunity". I'm weighing my options here. Pros: team building exercise, opportunity to whup co-workers' butts at running. Cons: I HATE CARDIO, $65 sign up fee, I HATE CARDIO.

Also, I'm Erin. I don't like my name because there are no nicknames for it. :disappointed:

I like your name a lot! No nicknames for Laura either booooo

I find this kind of funny. I was adopted at 12 and one of the names I was considering changing my first name to was Erin...my parents and I decided to keep my original name...Laura. no nicknames for me.
    Confession time. I purposely chose my daughter's name to fall within certain criteria. It can't be in the top 100 names for the last several years. It has to start with a C. Mostly though it had to be 5 letters or less because I am a wimp with needles and I know how much that crap hurt when I had my son's name tattooed on me. My son's name is Chase and her name is Caris.

Edited: typo lol hope I got them all
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Last time I stayed at a hotel, I took some of the little cups of peanut butter from the continental breakfast. I'm eating one now, with a spoon, as a snack. :p

Thief! Just kidding. That is a fabulous idea! I buy the little pre portioned cups of hummus so I don't have to weigh it out. It's WAY more expensive, but my time is precious and I don't want to spend it weighing out a really sad amount of hummus.

No judgement, but store-bought hummus is sad no matter what size or form it comes in! :o You can never beat homemade hummus. In fact, I just had some that I made a couple of days ago for dinner with Iranian-style kabab kubbideh! Yum. <3

I've been meaning to make hummus for weeks, but I'm worried that I will eat the entire batch in a week three days.

I usually just make enough for 8 very small servings (like enough to spread on a kabab/chicken sandwich) or two big fat servings (that would make up a whole meal) or four medium servings (enough for a side dish). All that to say that I make about 500 grams of it at a time. Heh.

Confession: I'm just really super fed-up with myself. Ever since I've started "slipping" I've basically been tightening my "restriction" belt more and more and more. Baking ingredients? Banned from the house. Sweets? Banned from the house. Butter? Banned. Sugar? Banned. And yet, I still manage to mess up, because I'm just that awesome. And you know what? I'm sick of it.

I told my husband last night that if I keep this up, we're not going to have any food left in the house at all soon. :-/ The last straw for me was when I slipped up (2000+ calories over maintenance) because of trying to bake something (out of desperation) with a bunch of substitutes that tasted NASTY, and it turned out that I could have had the same amount of the real stuff for much less calories than that... It's like I just keep on baking because baking is "bad" (and yet I really love baking) and so tempting to do because I feel like I can't ever do it again if I'm being "good".

So you know what I did? I threw out everything I've been doing for these last few months. Everything. I went out and I bought flour, sugars, butter, baking powder, chocolate, and then I baked a big ole batch of chocolate chip cookies. I now have a freezer full of cookies and two big bags of chocolate chips and a whole bunch of ingredients to bake more WHENEVER I WANT. And that feels freeing.

I did slip up eat more cookies than I intended to yesterday, BUT I didn't eat the whole tray like I did every single time before this because "I have to finish these so I won't mess up again tomorrow!". Well, it's tomorrow now. There are still plenty of cookies. And there will be plenty the day after too. And I don't need to have one right now, because I can have one later. And that feels freeing, too.

Will this work? I really have absolutely no idea. But I'm really, really, really sick of all this "forbidden" and "good" and "bad" and not being able to bake. So I'm throwing everything out of the window and starting over again. Send me good vibes?

Sorry for the novel. :)

It may actually work. When my husband was quitting smoking he said he had a pack of cigarettes in his pocket at all times. If he didn't, all he could think about was cigarettes. He said having them there made it so he could resist them easier- he knew he could have one if he really wanted to. So, maybe you'll be able to resist the cookies since you know they're available whenever you want one.