Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    Confession: I'm a bad friend. My best friend is moving into a new house in a couple weeks. She created an event thing on Facebook asking people to come help them move. I have no desire to help them. I hate moving myself, why would I want to move someone else? I'm also not overly fond of her family, or her husband and his family (who will be there). What makes me feel worse about my laziness is that she's 8 months pregnant and isn't able to do any of the moving/lifting. In my defense she will have (at least) her husband, 2 brothers-in-law, 1 sister-in- law (and her boyfriend), and most likely both sets of parents moving them. So... with 7-9 people helping, do I really need to be there? I feel terrible, but I still don't want to do it.

Sometimes I feel like an alien from outer space. I see you all describe situations like this and I'm left blinking and wondering if it is normal to expect other people to help you move. I'd probably be suckered into it just because I wouldn't know whether or not I was supposed to do it. I don't think you should do it just because you feel terrible though.

I'm the same way. I don't get the "expectation". Then again I'm known as the meanie in real life because I drive a full size truck. It's often "assumed" I can / will help since I have a truck to help haul! NO. If I'm going out of town do I expect to drive your economy-sized car to save gas? Well alright then. Hire movers or figure it out. No one touches my truck. (sorry, rant, touchy subject for me)

My husband also has a truck (it's a lowered [read slammed] 63 long bed Chevrolet with VERY little ground clearance) and people are constantly asking him to help them move/haul things. He is a wonderful man so he rarely says no even when it could cause damage to his truck. He's just too nice sometimes. Well, most of the time.

Oh, he's MUCH nicer than me! There is no way I'd use a 63' Chevy to help people move. That would be a "show" car, not one used for hauling. I'm selfish, though.

I'm also the opposite: I prefer my trucks lifted. That way I can see everything in traffic that is happening around me and if anyone pulls out in front of me they get a grill in their rearview mirror.

You're the one blinding me with their headlights? :tongue:

Not on purpose! I'm a very courteous driver until someone else is an idiot. Then it's GAME ON. Well, not so much anymore. Way too many crazies out there. I have a friend who is a super aggressive driver (I'm not). Some girl cut him off so he gestured at her rudely. At the next stop sign SHE got out of her car and started pounding on his window. Then she saw that his wife was in the car so she went for her instead. Pulled open the passenger side door and the two "ladies" ended up scrapping in the street. Literally, rolling around on the ground in the street. I still can't get over that. THAT is definitely NOT me!

Yikes! Stories like that are the reason that I just mutter stuff under my breath(can't really say anything out loud due to my son being in the car most of the time)..I would never flip someone off or anything like that..too scared. Funny story though....My best friend tailgates people a lot. One time, she pulled up to a stop sign and the woman in the car in front of her got out and walked up to her window. My friend rolled her window down and the woman said, "If you don't get off my *kitten*, I'm going to KICK your *kitten*"!! That obviously freaked my friend out so she waited a few minutes before driving again. So anyway, a bit later down the next road she sees an accident. It's the woman who yelled at her...she got into an accident with a truck carrying 5 port-o-potties (sp?) and they all tipped off the back of the truck around her car. (Just want to say...the accident part isn't funny. I would never wish an accident on someone. But the fact that a bunch of portable toilets tipped over on her is pretty funny to me). My friend was pretty glad to have waited before following the woman after being confronted... :)

Oh my! That is some karma for you right there! Hilarious! About the port-o-potties, not the accident.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    Caught up, and I feel like I took over page 873 lol.

I watched this incredibly sad (& touching) video last night that has left me kind of an emotional wreck today. So there were a few more recent posts here that had me tearing up in a big way. It showed up on FB, but I think it says it's from vimeo.com It's called "Denali", if you're curious - BUT I wouldn't recommend watching it at work or anything, because if you're a dog lover/have a heart, you will most likely cry. I was ugly crying last night, and oh crap, I'm tearing up again.

Is that the short film about the dog?? I watched it yesterday and was a blubbering idiot in the office... >..>

Yes, I'm sure it's the same one. So sad. I lost my dog to cancer in October, she was my most favourite thing on the planet so the video hit me really hard.

I completely get it, we just put my dog down two weeks ago. It was a beautiful tribute

Sorry for your loss (I can't remember if you mentioned it previously here, so I may have said this already)
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm a bad friend. My best friend is moving into a new house in a couple weeks. She created an event thing on Facebook asking people to come help them move. I have no desire to help them. I hate moving myself, why would I want to move someone else? I'm also not overly fond of her family, or her husband and his family (who will be there). What makes me feel worse about my laziness is that she's 8 months pregnant and isn't able to do any of the moving/lifting. In my defense she will have (at least) her husband, 2 brothers-in-law, 1 sister-in- law (and her boyfriend), and most likely both sets of parents moving them. So... with 7-9 people helping, do I really need to be there? I feel terrible, but I still don't want to do it.

Well, normally I would have said 'Meh, she has enough people' but I'm light of the friend issues and being cut out of friendship groups going on, I'm inclined to say, maybe you should show your face at some point.

Ya, I think I'll pop over for a couple hours, but make sure it's clear I won't be staying for the entire day.

I could 'hear' your Canadian accent in this post.

What part gave it away?
  • BZAH10
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    The Smart Ones Chicken Strips and Fries I just had for lunch merely angered me, so I'm eating 2 Oreo Pop Tarts as well.

I laughed out loud at this.
    I have to confess that although I've been feeling this way for a while now (not sure why) I lost all interest in continuing to work at my current job yesterday while talking to the owner of my company. It's not even that I want a DIFFERENT job, I just don't want to work. at all. period. Honestly, if it weren't for the benefits I get (really inexpensive insurance, 2 weeks of vacation, 3 sick/personal days, free fitness center, and a pretty decent wage), I would quit and be a SAHM even though my daughter is 13.

You know, it's funny, so many people I know wish they could be a SAHM... but I wish I could work, lol! I'm not a people person but I still miss human interaction. Honestly, if it wasn't for Internet I'd feel very lonely, I think. I moved here 5 years ago and I really have no friends (except a couple other moms I talk to once a week after school while the kids play). Mostly it's the sense of accomplishment I'm missing... but I guess I never really felt it while I was working either. It is sad when the only things I accomplish in a day is catching up on laundry, doing groceries, and cooking dinner (and making laundry soap. Which I still haven't done).

I mean, I enjoy the free time obviously, but I'm afraid in 10 years I'll look back and will have accomplished absolutely nothing, and won't even be able to find a job.
    Skipping 4 pages just to say that I found the Halo Top ice cream at Wegmans. They only had vanilla.

And I'm completely shocked because it's actually VERY good.

Confession: Part of me wishes you had said it was terrible. The other part of me is totally going to my Wegmans tomorrow.

I want to go again now and buy the last 3 pints LOL. But I'm lazy. And I have too much ice cream in the freezer.

I don't think it's sad, but if you are feeling unfulfilled then my suggestion would be to start pursuing things now that interest you since you have time. If you do want to get back into the work force eventually then now is the time to start volunteering places, adding skills to your resume, taking skills-refresher courses, etc. Try it until you find something you like!

I just have no idea what I want to do, which really doesn't help, lol. I'm not going to worry about it until September at least... then we'll see.

I'm the same way, which is why this topic interests me. I'm fortunate that I really like my career and the field that I'm in. But as far as hobbies and interests??? Other than working out, I've got nothing. I don't feel empty or unfulfilled but a while back when I was trying to figure out this part of me I read something that says, "What do you enjoy doing so much that you completely lose track of time?" Um. Blank. Not a thing. Still trying to figure this one out!
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Drinking Mountain Dew Kickstart after two cups of coffee. So far good
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Shania36 wrote: »
    Anyone having an insane amount of trouble losing baby fat? My baby was born like 9 months ago and I'm having so much trouble trying to get rid of this weight!
    My baby is 21 and I've still got a belly roll! (In my defense, I didn't try to start losing weight until after she was 18 or so.)

Be patient. Log everything. Move more. It will happen!
  • BZAH10
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »

Sometimes I feel like an alien from outer space. I see you all describe situations like this and I'm left blinking and wondering if it is normal to expect other people to help you move. I'd probably be suckered into it just because I wouldn't know whether or not I was supposed to do it. I don't think you should do it just because you feel terrible though.

I'm the same way. I don't get the "expectation". Then again I'm known as the meanie in real life because I drive a full size truck. It's often "assumed" I can / will help since I have a truck to help haul! NO. If I'm going out of town do I expect to drive your economy-sized car to save gas? Well alright then. Hire movers or figure it out. No one touches my truck. (sorry, rant, touchy subject for me)

My husband also has a truck (it's a lowered [read slammed] 63 long bed Chevrolet with VERY little ground clearance) and people are constantly asking him to help them move/haul things. He is a wonderful man so he rarely says no even when it could cause damage to his truck. He's just too nice sometimes. Well, most of the time.

Oh, he's MUCH nicer than me! There is no way I'd use a 63' Chevy to help people move. That would be a "show" car, not one used for hauling. I'm selfish, though.

I'm also the opposite: I prefer my trucks lifted. That way I can see everything in traffic that is happening around me and if anyone pulls out in front of me they get a grill in their rearview mirror.

You're the one blinding me with their headlights? :tongue:

Not on purpose! I'm a very courteous driver until someone else is an idiot. Then it's GAME ON. Well, not so much anymore. Way too many crazies out there. I have a friend who is a super aggressive driver (I'm not). Some girl cut him off so he gestured at her rudely. At the next stop sign SHE got out of her car and started pounding on his window. Then she saw that his wife was in the car so she went for her instead. Pulled open the passenger side door and the two "ladies" ended up scrapping in the street. Literally, rolling around on the ground in the street. I still can't get over that. THAT is definitely NOT me!

That's very scary! I do have road rage, I yell (to myself), and have flipped off people before - trust me, they deserved it. But NOTHING is so bad that people should be fighting physically. I don't like when people go out of their way to mess with people. If someone cuts me off, I'll ride their bumper for a bit, but then I'll let it go. I've made my point, why make it worse?

I agree. This friend of mine knows he has anger issues. I'm hoping this incident will stick with him for a while. It just happened two weeks ago on the corner of my street! Seriously, people.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    The Smart Ones Chicken Strips and Fries I just had for lunch merely angered me, so I'm eating 2 Oreo Pop Tarts as well.

I have to confess that although I've been feeling this way for a while now (not sure why) I lost all interest in continuing to work at my current job yesterday while talking to the owner of my company. It's not even that I want a DIFFERENT job, I just don't want to work. at all. period. Honestly, if it weren't for the benefits I get (really inexpensive insurance, 2 weeks of vacation, 3 sick/personal days, free fitness center, and a pretty decent wage), I would quit and be a SAHM even though my daughter is 13.

You know, it's funny, so many people I know wish they could be a SAHM... but I wish I could work, lol! I'm not a people person but I still miss human interaction. Honestly, if it wasn't for Internet I'd feel very lonely, I think. I moved here 5 years ago and I really have no friends (except a couple other moms I talk to once a week after school while the kids play). Mostly it's the sense of accomplishment I'm missing... but I guess I never really felt it while I was working either. It is sad when the only things I accomplish in a day is catching up on laundry, doing groceries, and cooking dinner (and making laundry soap. Which I still haven't done).

I mean, I enjoy the free time obviously, but I'm afraid in 10 years I'll look back and will have accomplished absolutely nothing, and won't even be able to find a job.
    Skipping 4 pages just to say that I found the Halo Top ice cream at Wegmans. They only had vanilla.

Confession: Part of me wishes you had said it was terrible. The other part of me is totally going to my Wegmans tomorrow.

I want to go again now and buy the last 3 pints LOL. But I'm lazy. And I have too much ice cream in the freezer.

I don't think it's sad, but if you are feeling unfulfilled then my suggestion would be to start pursuing things now that interest you since you have time. If you do want to get back into the work force eventually then now is the time to start volunteering places, adding skills to your resume, taking skills-refresher courses, etc. Try it until you find something you like!

I just have no idea what I want to do, which really doesn't help, lol. I'm not going to worry about it until September at least... then we'll see.

I'm the same way, which is why this topic interests me. I'm fortunate that I really like my career and the field that I'm in. But as far as hobbies and interests??? Other than working out, I've got nothing. I don't feel empty or unfulfilled but a while back when I was trying to figure out this part of me I read something that says, "What do you enjoy doing so much that you completely lose track of time?" Um. Blank. Not a thing. Still trying to figure this one out!

I feel like I keep busy, until someone asks me what I do for fun, or in my spare time and I don't really have anything to say. Ummm... workout... walk my dog... I play a lot of Sims... Then I feel like a loser lol.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    I confess I listen to Amy Whinehouse when I'm home alone
  • BZAH10
    Options
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    I skip out of work early at times because no one accounts for me.

Nice job perk!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I obsessively read/skim all the posts even though I don't post much. It's sort of weird because I feel like I "know" so many of you - if I knew who you were in real life I would totally greet you with a hug (except for the non-huggers), but I don't share too much about myself. I was over 800 behind this morning and *had* to get through it all. There is no way I'll be able to continue to do this - I'm going to have to embrace having holes.

Random thoughts based on my skim/read: Awesome jumping picture of pofoster! I'm excited to read Susie's book, and I'm in the no real-name group mostly because I wouldn't want any of my students to know this is me (unique spelling + internet presences as a professor makes me pop up as the first several pages of a Google search of just my first name).

I'm sure I'm missing lots of "congratulations" and "sorry for your losses" to people. If you need one of those things - pretend I directed one to you!
  • BZAH10
    Options
    Drinking Mountain Dew Kickstart after two cups of coffee. So far good

Drinking me an ice cold Diet. Mtn. Dew right now. And to tie in with the other topic about hot or cold drinks - cold drinks for me have to be ICE cold. I keep my Diet Mtn. Dew in the freezer just to get the middle frozen, then pour it over ice. Like a delicious slushy!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I just finished reading the "You're too skinny!" Do others ever make you question your maintenance weight?" thread and now am feeling very grateful for my friends and family. I have only had good comments about my weight loss, so far. Of course, I still have a long ways to go. But man, reading that thread made me realize how rude and unsupportive some people are.

I first got down to my normal weight nearly 20 years ago. I went from around 500 to around 175. People who didn't recognize me treated me completely differently than they did when I was big. I got smiles and courtesy, doors held open - and I don't mean flirting, it was men and women, any ages, the way they treated me was night and day. People who were absolutely cold and wouldn't acknowledge me before would go out of their way to say hi.

Overall, I'd say that had a far bigger impact on me than the random "you need to eat a hot pocket" type comments I'd get once in a while. I'm very distrustful of people in general, now. It takes a very long time before I decide if they're actually a nice person, or if they're a "nice as long as you fit my cookie cutter mold" person. Outside of some dysfunctional family relationships, most of the comments like those in that thread will stop after people get used to seeing the smaller version of the person, but the really rude and unsupportive people are far more subtle.

the massive difference in ppl i experienced after losing 100lbs was ridiculous, i can't imagine how that must have been for you. it's made me even more bitter and cynical about people in general. because i can't help but think, how different would i be if for my whole life people just treated me like a normal person and were nice? or even just decent?
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Here's a confession for @Susieq_1994. I decided to stop hijacking my husbands farm (and his iPad) and start playing Hay Day on my own. I am now on level 23 and I just started last week! I'm seriously obsessed. The good news is, it helps me cut back on my boredom eating and I think I will actually record a loss this week.
  • kecmw25
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    izp986hy8hgh.jpg

I don't feel skinny but with my weight I am good, I just look big especially on sides and lower stomach. What do you think?

Seriously? Girl you look great!

Seconded!

Agree!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    izp986hy8hgh.jpg

I don't feel skinny but with my weight I am good, I just look big especially on sides and lower stomach. What do you think?

Seriously? Girl you look great!

Seconded!

Thirded! I'm honestly not seeing "big" anywhere.
  • kecmw25
    Options
    I skip out of work early at times because no one accounts for me.

I totally would. For a short time I was covering for someone who had knee surgery. It was a salaried position (I'm hourly) and I didn't have nearly enough work for 8 hours a day. I skipped out all the time. I figured I was getting all the work done, who cares.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I'm out, peeps! Leaving work, heading camping. Catching up Monday will be interesting! <3

Have so much fun!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

I feel like I keep busy, until someone asks me what I do for fun, or in my spare time and I don't really have anything to say. Ummm... workout... walk my dog... I play a lot of Sims... Then I feel like a loser lol.

Hang out on a 877-page confessions thread on an internet message board? ;)

Other than the dogs, I'd have to say gardening (floral) is my main hobby/interest. But that obviously leaves me empty in the winter... is hibernation a hobby?
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    ronrhoda wrote: »
    I actually eat unhealthy one day a week! If I want Pizza or ice cream I have it! Usually it's on a weekend!
    We leave on vacation Saturday and I will most likely whack my diet way out! 2 weeks!!

Have a great vacation!