Please Share The Top 5 Things To Do To Lose Weight

Options

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Now we're flagging for handing out stickers?! Who doesn't love stickers?!

Can I have a sticker? Preferably a magical unicorn one?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    I think it's time for this gif since we've obviously exited the land of basic science and entered the realm of....
    mgc.gif

You can say that all you want but you never actually know until you try. I thought it sounded absurd at first but instead of declaring it magic I actually tried it and it worked. I found out for myself.

Yeah...no. Science disagrees with you. As do I. The scenario you're describing is literally impossible.
    But what do I know, I'm just a fatty, right?

I didn't say you were a fatty. I'm just pointing out that if you are going to go to someone on advice to lose weight, your probably going to pick the thinner/ fitter person. It's not rude, it's just smart.

No...I'm going to pick the person who is losing/has lost weight.

Why not the person who has always been thin that has never gotten to the point of being over weight in the first place?

Because...they are not experienced in losing weight?

And experienced in gaining weight.
    I've never been overweight so I was always doing something right. And I have lost weight, not from being overweight though.

based on your four point plan in this thread you really do not know anything about nutrition or science for that matter.

You did not even accurately track your own calories.

It's interesting that you've just decided that you know what I know and don't know and what I did and didn't do all the way from your computer screen. I forgot you spent the last few years of my life watching my every move as I count my calories on a daily basis, making sure I'm doing it accurately. Missed that one.

So you count your calories every day and you know for a fact that you eat in a calorie surplus every day? Meaning you eat more calories than you burn every single day - and just because you eat some fruits and vegetables, you don't gain weight?

Do you know what a calorie surplus is?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I think it's time for this gif since we've obviously exited the land of basic science and entered the realm of....
    mgc.gif

You can say that all you want but you never actually know until you try. I thought it sounded absurd at first but instead of declaring it magic I actually tried it and it worked. I found out for myself.

Yeah...no. Science disagrees with you. As do I. The scenario you're describing is literally impossible.
    But what do I know, I'm just a fatty, right?

I didn't say you were a fatty. I'm just pointing out that if you are going to go to someone on advice to lose weight, your probably going to pick the thinner/ fitter person. It's not rude, it's just smart.

No...I'm going to pick the person who is losing/has lost weight.

Why not the person who has always been thin that has never gotten to the point of being over weight in the first place?

Because...they are not experienced in losing weight?

And experienced in gaining weight.
    I've never been overweight so I was always doing something right. And I have lost weight, not from being overweight though.

based on your four point plan in this thread you really do not know anything about nutrition or science for that matter.

You did not even accurately track your own calories.

It's interesting that you've just decided that you know what I know and don't know and what I did and didn't do all the way from your computer screen. I forgot you spent the last few years of my life watching my every move as I count my calories on a daily basis, making sure I'm doing it accurately. Missed that one.

Hmmm lets review..

you said you ate 3000 calories and maintained your weight. Thus, you claim that you defy physics and are the only person on the planet you does so.

You recommend a plant based diet, and eating under 800 grams of sodium a day. Totally unnecessary for weight loss.

You implied that people should not take weight loss advice from "fattys"…

based on your first two statements I can deduce that you know nothing about weight loss.

Based on your third statement I can make some additional assumptions, but I won't repeat them here.

Finally, I have no desire to be involved in any aspect of your life.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

Maybe stickers are animal-based?

The glue is made from horse's hooves. <nods>

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    If no one is open to trying something new that doesn't require you to eat a diet where you have to restrict your calories then thats fine. Bash it all you want but at the end of the day I'm not the one that ever got myself into the position of being over weight. I'm the one that has always been fit, lean, and healthy. I'm the one that doesn't fill their body with animal carcass and puss from cow milk. I'm the one thriving on cruelty free, plant based all natural food that wakes up in the morning and slips on a size 2.

Wow.

2f9.jpg
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

I'm out of stickers. How 'bout a sparkle pooping rainbow unicorn cookie?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjfEx0pIrESYfYmJD-ZINoYlkoD6KpkmDCrQU7_khlloo3Jo1iwQ
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member
    Options
    ChantalGG wrote: »
    Really guys? That is boring. Enjoy your boring calorie deficit life style, but saying that isnt helpful to people starting out.

How about...

1. Cardio, sweat your butt off!
    2. Eat clean fresh fruit and veggies with every meal and snack
    3. skip the high calorie drinks and enjoy a clod glass of water with some lemon or other fruit in it instead
    4. get proper sleep so you have the energy to be more active, so you can burn more calories through out the day
    5. The best exercise is the kind that doesnt feel like exercise. So sports, dancing, hikng etc.

So why did you ask us what works for us, if you are just going to say, Ya whatever you're boring!! When I started this I had no idea what a deficit was. but I did my homework and found out. I wanted a change and knew I had a lot to learn. Simple fact is, if you want to lose weight you need to eat in a deficit. I am a large person my exercises started at 15 min and when I felt stronger I added more time, I still can not do high impact workouts. So watching what I eat is very important. I have lost 39 lbs in 110 days pretty much on just what I eat. I do move everyday, somedays more than others but I really focus on my deficit. If someone really wants to make this lifestyle change they will do their homework and find what works best for them. I do agree with the 5 you posted, but don't belittle the people who are answering your question by saying Eat at a calorie deficit.

OMG that post was from the OP!

BAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hilarious. I didn't realise.
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member
    Options
    If no one is open to trying something new that doesn't require you to eat a diet where you have to restrict your calories then thats fine. Bash it all you want but at the end of the day I'm not the one that ever got myself into the position of being over weight. I'm the one that has always been fit, lean, and healthy. I'm the one that doesn't fill their body with animal carcass and puss from cow milk. I'm the one thriving on cruelty free, plant based all natural food that wakes up in the morning and slips on a size 2.

Fine, you're better than us. You win. Enjoy the rarefied air of sanctimony!

But only if it's plant-based and natural.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    ChantalGG wrote: »
    Really guys? That is boring. Enjoy your boring calorie deficit life style, but saying that isnt helpful to people starting out.

How about...

1. Cardio, sweat your butt off!
    2. Eat clean fresh fruit and veggies with every meal and snack
    3. skip the high calorie drinks and enjoy a clod glass of water with some lemon or other fruit in it instead
    4. get proper sleep so you have the energy to be more active, so you can burn more calories through out the day
    5. The best exercise is the kind that doesnt feel like exercise. So sports, dancing, hikng etc.

So why did you ask us what works for us, if you are just going to say, Ya whatever you're boring!! When I started this I had no idea what a deficit was. but I did my homework and found out. I wanted a change and knew I had a lot to learn. Simple fact is, if you want to lose weight you need to eat in a deficit. I am a large person my exercises started at 15 min and when I felt stronger I added more time, I still can not do high impact workouts. So watching what I eat is very important. I have lost 39 lbs in 110 days pretty much on just what I eat. I do move everyday, somedays more than others but I really focus on my deficit. If someone really wants to make this lifestyle change they will do their homework and find what works best for them. I do agree with the 5 you posted, but don't belittle the people who are answering your question by saying Eat at a calorie deficit.

OMG that post was from the OP!

BAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hilarious. I didn't realise.

LOL wow, I totally missed that ….
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

But, but, that's not plant based, is it? Or is the cookie made of magical plants?
  • ndj1979
    Options

this is MFP gold right here….
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

funny-oh-god-i-need-dis-01.jpg
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    1. Eat at a calorie deficit.
    2. Eat at a calorie deficit.
    3. Eat at a calorie deficit
    4. Exercise.
    5. Exercise.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

I kind of can't believe it. It's so....grotesque.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

I think I just chortled.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrNIb3a--WI
  • ndj1979
    Options

I kind of can't believe it. It's so....grotesque.

i was not aware that cows milk had puss in it...
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrNIb3a--WI

Now I'll never wear a size 2! *slams door*
This discussion has been closed.