WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2015

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,142 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Today I will be doing my strong lift 5x5 I am just amazed how I can see such a change in my body and only do 45 minutes to an hour of exercise every other day. By increasing dense muscle mass it gets rid of fat and shrinks my body in size as well as burns more calories efficiently. I also Eat a lot more! I encourage anyone that finds themself having to do hours and hours of cardio like I used to do, to at least try some type of strength training program even if you start with 1 pound weights and work up from there.

Joyce- yes the bike is expensive, $950 for mine a 3 speed and the 8 speed is 1500. I tried to get used but they are too new. We were going to buy in elliptical for the winter months. So this bike will double as that. For $400 more we can Buy a stand for it. Then we can use it in the house as an elliptical. Our new house has two bedrooms on the main floor so we don't have to do stairs. The guest bedrooms and bathroom are upstairs. Enjoy the movie I heard it was really good.

Jan- I never noticed a strange quote within your text before. So you must have caught them all.

Deb- welcome to this group of wonderful ladies! You will enjoy coming here and getting support and motivation.

Lisa-great picture of you at your book signing!

Have a great day everyone!

Mary from Minnesota

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning Ladies,

Metallaxi, welcome. You will find this a very supportive and informative group of ladies. Please tell us a bit about yourself so we can get to know you. Also, please sign each post with the name you want us to call you. Come often and join right in.

Joyce, welcome to you, too. We love newbies and we were all new at one time so ask anything you want to know. Good luck on your journey.

Sylvia, so glad you had such a wonderful day. I know the DGD appreciates you. The last time I was in Target, I walked through the clothes department (which I hadn’t done in at least 2 years) and I was shocked at how expensive some of the things were. I guess I need to get out of Hamricks once in a while to see how the rest of the world lives. Lol

Barbie, I’m surprised that you still have your food intake set at 1200. Since you are on maintenance, I would definitely think you’d eat back your exercise calories. With the amount of exercise you do, like you say, you need fuel for all that. Gosh, if I exercised like you do, I would probably eat back some of my calories. You are such an inspiration, along with poop, Michele and many others.loopy.gif

Meg, it is so sad how storms bother some of our fur babies. One of my 3 gets a little uncomfortable but we’ve had some in the past that totally went berserk if there was thunder and lightning. Hope you get more rest tonight.

Katla, glad your eye is better. When my allergies are at their worst, I get something on my eyelid that itches like crazy. I have a very expensive cream that clears it up but it makes me want to scratch my eyes out. I try so hard to keep my hands away from my face and eyes, but sometimes I’m just too weak.

Lillian, congrats on the needed rain. It is so weird that half the world is in drought and half is suffering floods. Too bad we can’t just share the wealth! I laugh about your coffee pot that can cook on the stove; I’ll bet most people in the world today would have no idea how that works. Oh and to have a gas stove again would be a dream of mine. It’s been since 1975 and I would go back to gas in a heartbeat.

Mary
    , I always heard that you never forget how to ride a bike, but…..that is not like a bike you rode as a kid. Not even sure I could do that, but then I’ve never tried an elliptical. Not something my back would like; I can tell. You find a good place to practice until you will be safe on the road.

Donna, good to see you again. It does get hard to keep up with who said what and that’s one reason we ask ladies to sign each post. It just makes it easier, especially for the newer ladies.

Joyce, how wonderful that you found a great guy to work for. It’s really sad how many people have chitty bosses, as it makes life so much harder. Oh and you could read his writing, too? LOL

Cheri, I know we all like to see the scale move, but the reality is, if you can tell it in your clothes, that is better than being the other way around. Just keep up the good work and the scale will move. I’ve had the scale sit in one place for a month, which was very disheartening, but then it moved again. Like you said, you are in it for the long haul, so hang in there. We are with you!!

Yannie, yay on your good night’s sleep. It is so important to our health and wellbeing and sometimes so hard to get. I also wanted to thank you, because yesterday I did have a “google” day, I think. weee.gif

Deb, welcome to this great group of ladies. You will find lots of support and interesting information here. Come often and chat away.

Lisa, glad the night was a success, even if not what you had hoped for. I think so few people get the newspaper any more that it’s almost not worth it to advertise there. I’m sure the article was great but if no one reads it, it does little good. The picture is great!

Welcome welcome.gif to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Yesterday I did get back to more of my normal exercise routine. Going for a two day streak today. Then DH and I have a day date. We are going shopping to a store that we rarely visit and to lunch at Outback. He invited me to breakfast but I told him I’d rather do lunch. I can cook breakfast here and not be tempted by all the pancakes and fattening things. He asked, “so are you going to eat fewer calories at Outback”? no.gif I replied that I don’t allot as many calories for breakfast as I do for lunch and dinner. I told him if he really wanted to go to I Hop that we could go for lunch! He said, no, that’s okay. He just likes to give me a hard time sometimes.

Make it a positive, happy day. We have the power!rockon.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    (((Selena and Daughter)))

Jules ~ love your red hair.

Lisa ~ glad your book signing went well even if you did not get the crowd you wanted. Love the pic of you signing. Am off to Amazon to purchase.

Sylvia ~ thank you for telling us about your son's disease. It just sounds terrible. You, your son, and your grand kids are in my thoughts and prayers. You are a wonderful grandmother.

Lenora ~ you look so happy in your picture. I hate to see pictures of myself. In my mind, I do not imagine myself looking so short and stocky until I see a picture. Had one taken at my niece's wedding and looked like a little old lady.

Michelle ~ I am glad that you have all the tools to make your pool upkeep easy and enjoyable.

Carol ~ Peach

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad . . . while I have not seen my son's wedding pictures, I probably look quite 'matronly' - HA! Hope not; but, I felt my weight, for sure.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Good morn.Another scorcher here,but flowers love it. Might get rain overnight.Will include a pic of vine near our front door.
    Margaret....nice of you to keep medals in the family. DH's will go to our SIL,who is a son to us.Back in the day,most males served in times of war.They just came home & went on with their lives.The world became a place they no longer recognized.

My plan for June is just keeping on.Seems it's only 2 choices....keep on or quit.
    Had a low cal smoothie for breakfast.....so good. BTW,thanks for posted recipes that include nutrition info.

Alison,just wondering if your FIL no longer eats unless he is fed?
    Someone mentioned clothes missing in nursing homes.When that happened to Mom,I went to the director,who tried to say she had talked to several workers & none had a clue. I said "unless they grew legs & walked out,?"She said we don't normally allow ppl in the laundry,but if I insisted? I did & found 3 light robes,3 nightgowns & slippers,all 3 wks old.Eventually,all her jewelry & gifts were stolen.Sad,but true.This was in the "best" place.
    Love Bette Midler & envy Chris seeing her. "The Rose"is my fav.

Teri,I am way past doing planks,but fun to read about those who can. Getting down is do-able....getting back up is a whole nother story...not pretty!
    Need to get this day started. Grocery kept one of my sacks yest,so off to take care of that,make a stop at QVC...then home.

Trying a zoodle recipe for supper. Fingers crossed. Pat

g0ir1q0c7lq3.jpg

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,070 Member
    Options
    Lisa great picture of you at the book signing.
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday ! ! !

Selena – Hugs and Prayers for your entire family. So sorry for your loss. You may not read this for many days, or until you return, or ever since you have more important things to worry about right now, but I certainly hope you can feel all the prayers from all of us ! ! ! <3

Michele NC – thanks for the co-worker support, she is exhausting. // I plan on buying eggs anytime I see them under $1.50 per carton, so I’m sure I will be in Walgreens much more often than in the past. I am the same way with milk. We go through 4-7 gallons per week, so I get a gallon or 2 whenever I can find it for $2.50 a gallon or less. Yesterday we stopped at a store that had frosting for 99 cents and DS chose a $7.00 container of cheese and meat to eat after basketball, then 15 minutes later when we got home, he asked me what I was making for supper. I might have to buy a freezer and whole cow soon.

Yannie – thanks for the planks congrats. It really helps.

Sylvia - Congrats to you on the great day with the DGC.

Barbie – My Dad enjoyed that movie also. I will probably wait until it is on DVD to see it, because he said it is very funny, and I think Melissa McCarthy is very funny.

I did it again. I got so involved with reading everything from everyone that I forgot to type to a few people. If I missed you, please accept my apology, and know that I am with you in spirit and support for whatever you need.

Gilly- thanks for the support about my rant. I really need to get over it. Last night I tried just a bottle of water during my hot flash, and it just didn’t help, so I ate the popsicle anyway. At least I tried, and I logged the popsicle in advance, which is something I was forgetting to do in the past. // I smile every time I see or type your name, because your screen name is what we called the "good" bowling coach this past season. We called his son Little Gilly, which was even funnier, since he was bigger than his dad. Thanks for that, too!

Cheri – congrats on the NSV. Better fitting clothes is a better indicator than the scale, but I’m the same way. I noticed my belly is sagging WAY down, which technically means it is getting smaller, but I freak when the numbers on the scale does not decrease. We just need to keep up the good work.

Lisa – thanks for making me smile. Good to know karma was indeed a bi+ch to your ex. Mine was the same with my weight, and I’m happy now to call him my ex (unfortunately for me, he and his partner are able to stay thin). But that’s okay, because I enjoy my life right now, in spite of still working on my weight. // Nice picture. I’m glad things went well last night, and I’m sure all the future signings will continue to get better.

I got lost on my way to DS's basketball last night, so I only got to see that last 70 seconds of the final game, so I missed everything DS did, but we had a nice chat in the car on the way home. He is officially on summer break, so it's time for me to get the updated chore chart ready.

55 degrees and cloudy out again today. I hope it gets nicer soon, so we can get back to baseball (and a little vitamin D from natural sources).

Terri in Milwaukee
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Carol/Peach - thank you so much for heading over to buy the book... smiley-signs001.gif

But to all and sundry, please do not feel you must. I know that I am... or at least can be... quite overwhelming when I believe in something.

Funny, when I went to sell Avon, I was the worst! But then, everything Avon makes breaks me out in a rash, and I'm truthful to a fault, so when someone asked me if I used it, I'd tell 'em... and tell them the results. After three days, I couldn't even walk out MY door, much less knock on someone else's!

The two concentrations in my life right now are becoming healthy and becoming the writer I have always known I was supposed to be. I've always written... but never tried to put it out in front of the world because the fear stopped me. I've stopped letting it stop me. And in the process I may have become completely annoying! That is not my intent... I did not come here to turn y'all into my market. Saying I am in relentless marketer mode right now is really underestimating the case, but I do not mean to make anyone here feel they MUST buy.

I'm here on MFP to be healthy, and there's simply a lot of bleed-over into this community from that other writing focus, because it permeates my life. But again, thank you to those who have and will buy and read the book, and to those who have and will put up reviews on Amazon. I can't express my appreciation enough.

LisaH in West Texas

smiley-signs005.gif
    And now I'm running, I swear I am!
    smiley-chores002.gif
  • alybrice
    alybrice Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Aly here, from Blighty!!! Got to the good old 50 a couple of years ago, got rid of the hair colour, now dappled looking!! Over the past year have changed jobs and am now working on a small holding and sitting down for nearly 8 hours a day, hence the 2 stone weight gain. Have signed on at a gym and getting some help with my motivation so my June goals are as follows:

1) Don't drink every day and try and limit myself to weekends
    2) Log all meals on My Fitness Pal
    3) Go to the gym at least 3 times a week (minimum)
    4) Lose at least 7lbs in the month

Looking forward to getting to know you all

Aly
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Pat - after my most recent fender-bender, my Physical Therapist told me to start by leaning forward onto the wall and hold for as long as possible. Then, slowly work my way down the wall until I can keep my back straight while my hands are on a counter top. Then eventually work my way down to keeping my body straight while my hands are on a table, then chair, then steps, until eventually planking on the floor. Anything that strengthens your core is better than nothing at all. Maybe you could start by sitting on a chair and lifting one leg off the seat while keeping your knee bent, and hold it a few seconds. Does this video work for you? http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=beginner+abdominal+exercises+for+elderly&qpvt=beginner+abdominal+exercises+for+elderly&FORM=VDRE#view=detail&mid=09F230E68FCB9743264309F230E68FCB97432643

Keep it simple and keep taking baby steps. Between a herniated disc at L5-S1, OsteoArthritis in both knees, and Rheumatoid Arthritis, there aren't too many exercises I can do, but stretching in my chair, or short walks can eventually show amazing results. I'm sure you will find what works for you before too long. I will never be as fit as pip or Michele or Barbie or anyone else, but I can keep striving to be better than my yesterday self. And so can you!!!!!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Mary from MN: The friends who want to move here want to live in this particular townhome community because of the views and marina. If another of these homes comes on the market, we will let them know asap. The friends/neighbors who are moving away have bought an acre in a nearby suburban neighborhood and are building a home. :flowerforyou:

csofled: It sounds like you’ve hit a plateau. Keep doing the right thing and it will eventually pass. Several of us were vying for Plateau Princess a while back. It seems to be a normal part of the weight-loss process. :flowerforyou:

Yanniejannie: A good night’s sleep is a blessing. Congratulations! :flowerforyou:

Lisa: Love the photo. I’ve been to three author book-signings. Two were at world-class bookstores that had a clue and were set up graciously. One was at our small town little bitty Walmart. Nora Roberts was the Walmart author, and the local staff had no idea that Romance Royalty was coming to visit until they saw the lines stretch out the door. I got there early and got my book signed. Nora was very personable. I’ll bet that the people who came to your signing will remember you fondly, seek out your future books and tell their friends about you. :flowerforyou:

Aly from Blighty: Welcome! There are others from Britain here as well. :flowerforyou:

Terri_mom: I followed your link to the modified core exercises video out of curiosity. It looks like it is full of help for people who need to start exercising at a level that is doable at current fitness levels and helps them start safely. :flowerforyou:

I have yoga today, but no riding lesson. My teacher is away on a trip to buy baby goats. I don’t mind a week without a lesson. There will be a few more weeks like that because of our summer travel schedule and the July 4th weekend.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

June Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies:

Beth: Thanks for the tips on carbs, I'll try it...right now I'm adding some calories this week since I've eaten out so many times. But I'll try your technique next week and see what happens. Thanks again.

Peach: I'm beginning to think the meds have a lot to do with it. I put on 30 lbs in a only 3 or 4 months and I wasn't eating any more than I did before.

TNToni 2 weeks with no pool... that sucks...

Lenora I use stevia in the raw instead of sugar in my coffee only 1/2 pkg does the trick for me.

Michele NC Not sure how to describe Alia as a store or a designer. They do have their own stores but are also sold by Sears and other retailers here in Canada. I just find that their petites fit my body type very well and they are easy to mix and match. In my opinion, very comfortable and classy to boot.

Katla: Glad your eye is feeling better.

Joyce K: The wonderful thing about the cardiac rehab program here is the support they offer. So many wonderful people who make recommendations based on what is best for you in your circumstances. They were so encouraging and able to connect me with all types of resources that I needed. I'm kind of sad that I've been discharged and those services will no longer be available to me.

YannieJannieCongrats on the sleep! :smile:

Teri: Thanks for the video link

I really enjoyed my lunch yesterday with all of my co-workers. After lunch I had to get my suv serviced, apparently it was at the mileage for extra checks other than the normal oil change... $400.00 later.. ouch! At least I won't need to worry about it until December now and will be safe to drive the highways, which I do a lot of in the summer. I did make it to Tai Chi in the evening, but little did I know that it was also an Instructor training class... talk about intimidating everyone one there was an instructor and I was the only newbie (only 3 months under my belt). I must say that they were great though, and very welcoming.

Have lots to do again today...what a hectic week.

welcome.gif Welcome to all the Newbies.

Thought for the day:“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

June Goals:

1. Do menu planning for June (in progress...3 weeks almost complete)
    2. Eat 3 meals a day
    3. Log all meals
    4. Plan and Do one fun thing each week
    (W1: Hot stone massage and weekend of Tai Chi with friend...Oops that's 2 things...oh darn
    W2: Lunch with a friend, going away party for co-worker... 2 more...yay!)
    5. Ride stationary bike 3 times a week for 30 minutes.

Carey-Edmonton
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,610 Member
    Options

morning peep-er-roonies and welcome new peep-squeaks !!!

I am a skimmer of all these posts if I run into some comment that is yelling out at me, then I tend to reply as it with the following comment to our comrade in arms:

csofled - don't concentrate on the scale so much right now, it mentally beats you down. just keep doing what you're doing, stay on track, DON'T give up, walk, walk walk, put on some high jamming music, throw those headphones on and keep at it.

• JulesAtkinson1
    JulesAtkinson1 Posts: 219 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    LisaH, what a great attitude! The experience you gained in last night’s adventure is immeasurable, and will stand you in good stead for the next one, which will be better. Obviously you have what it takes to succeed. And you need to frame that pic. It’s really a good one. I confess I must have missed the post of the title of your book, but I would love to read it if you’ll post it again.
    Hi, Deb! Welcome! I love this group and am also fairly new. Great group of supportive women here.
    Yannie, I have trouble sleeping too. Huzzah to you for a great night! I have a husband that snores when he lies on his back and I’m constantly having to nudge him to roll to his side. He’s also a very deep sleeper so the nudges can get pretty intense. Sometimes, because I work and he’s disabled, I just go sleep in the spare room or on the sofa. I’d rather give up my comfortable bed than do without sleep. I’m one of those people who have to have absolute quiet and absolute dark to really sleep well. I keep a fan on all the time for white noise.
    Cheri, don’t give up! Change something. Try changing up what you are eating to get the same calorie count; for example, if you’re eating more carbs and less protein, try switching it to less carbs and more protein for a few days. Or if you’re always walking, try doing some other type of exercise for a few days; maybe a DVD/video or a YouTube workout. It WILL come off.
    JoyceK, I did rural health for a number of years and loved, loved, loved my docs. They were usually fresh out of residency and getting their loans paid by working in a needy area (we were a fqhc RHC) and were so nice to work with. Fandango will sometimes let you buy your tickets online the day before or the morning of the opening…just a thought. There is bound to be a line. I am an avid movie fan, but I like to go when there are no texting, giggling teens and crying babies. I am always amazed at how young kids are who are just “dropped off” at the theatre and misbehave with no regard for others. My kids were not allowed to go to the movies without an adult until they were old enough to drive. We live in a small town and the closest theatre is 40 miles, no way would my kid be allowed. So, we give it a few weeks for all that want to see it to go, then we go the week before they pull it. It is sooooo lovely to sit in an almost empty theatre with stadium seating and surround sound and no distractions. I will probably never go see a movie on opening weekend again.
    Mary from Minnesota, I am very interested in the stronglift program. Do you do this at home or at a gym? With barbells or dumb bells?
    Peach, I no longer have red hair but have not uploaded a new look. I wore red for so long that it was starting to color my scalp…since my hair is thinning it was not as good a look as it was. I’m back to my “natural brown”. Gonna look for a new pic to upload.
    Teri, thanks for that link.
    Carey, oh holy cow a hot stone massage sounds exquisite. Never had one. How is it?

Well, it’s time to get some work done. Weighed last night, down another four. I know the weight loss will slow down soon (I always lose the water weight quickly but then slow down once it’s really the fat going…) Enjoying the elliptical right now as the humidity here is already almost unbearable. My tomato plant is looking rather peaked and my cucumber plant as well. I’m no gardener, so tell me, are the leaves yellow when they get too much water or too little? It hasn’t rained here in almost a week despite threatening thundershowers all around us, so I’ve been trying to put a little water to them. I have nothing but black thumbs but I’m trying!
    Everyone have a good day and drink your water!
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Selena...so sorry for the loss of your son in law. That's tragic. You will get lots of prayers from us whether you read the posts or not, hopefully you will feel it.
    Chris in MA
  • mikesmom1983
    Options
    Allison...I think strawberries have had a healing effect on you. You seem much calmer and even got a kiss from DH. I think you should always have pink strawberry hands.

Chris in MA
  • fanncy0626
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Janet-it sounds like you have a wonderful DH! Have fun shopping and eating out with him!

Pat - that is so true, the only choices are to keep plugging away or not, glad that you choose to keep going!

Katla - too bad about the riding lesson! It is hard to miss something that you love to do.

Carey - I love the quote, it is so true! Sometimes my other person gets in the way of me though! I hate spending money on my vehicle. My DH usually has to make me and I fight him tooth and nail. He likes to give them a car wash all the time. I tell him that's what's holding my car together.

Jules - I do the strong lift 5X5 at home. After researching it I bought a squat rack with an Olympic barbell. I started out with a cheap 12.5 lb barbell though. There are a lot of sites on here that show the results of lifting. Depending on your strength you can start out with dumbbells and do the exercises. The key is to increase your weight each time.

Have a great day everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Jules- you're lifting weight not body LOL

Mary from Minnesota
  • mikesmom1983
    Options
    lonemaple wrote: »
    Good

Sondra...I know what you mean about wanting to do exercise with a purpose. Besides walking the dog, perhaps you can take a walk to a store, post office or somewhere that you would normally drive. I have "learned" to do pure exercise. I put my elliptical in front of the tv and watch shows on netflix that I love and only allow myself to watch them while I'm on the elliptical. This has been working for me because I

Gotta get some beauty sleep.
    Chris in MA

Hi Chris, I appreciate the tips to make exercise more like "accomplishing something". I can see myself walking rather than driving. I love the elliptical idea.....now all I need is an elliptical
    I got an elliptical thru ebay a couple of years ago for around $150. I didn't have the $$ for a really expensive one and this one has been great!! Happy stepping!
    Chris in MA

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,281 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Oh Selena - so sorry. Awful for all of you.

Lisa - love the photo! I've not done any launching or readings, apart from the WI, but I keep trying to find new avenues for publicity. For me it was more a matter of saving WINDOWS from the inevitable bonfire once I'm dead, :laugh: , but I do love it when people buy it and write a nice review. I'm now writing my autobiography nearly every day and I also want to publish another one from my bottom drawer. I have an old novel on a floppy disk, it's that old. :noway: I want to find a way of rescuing it. Any ideas anyone? Any newbies who like literary novels, my name is Heather Eyles and I'm on Amazon. Children's books on there as well. :)

My big news today is that I LOST A POUND! ! ! ! ! Happy dance! Must be all that walking about in London. I am at target, so this is a bonus pound that I like to have as a safety net. :D I always eat my exercise calories, which means I eat around 1800 a day usually. I have my goal still set at losing 1 lb a week, at 1200, so I can still lose, but very slowly. I have always eaten all my exercise calories and lost 57 lbs in 18 months. The secret is consistency. I was rigorous about weighing, measuring and logging, but I love to eat so exercise is my way of earning food. :laugh:

Had a horrible frustrating afternoon on my laptop. The #÷×+× thing is sooooo slow and freezes so I hate using it. But I have to drag it out to print stuff. Drives me insane. I used my Macafee to do some "cleaning" and it dumped over 2 Ggs so that might improve it. My rental (not for too much longer I hope) is still frustrating me. Grrrrrrrrrrr! :ohwell:

Got our cruise info in the mail so that's good. Haven't got to print that out! ! ! :laugh: 3 formal dress evenings. DH is blanching! ! ! ! He could always get room service! :laugh:

Love to all. I'm hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Heather in gloomy Hampshire UK

27681614.png