Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Related to the TV confessions: I feel proud of myself for never having had cable (really glad I didn't have it growing up) while *kitten* around on the Internet for hours at a time and binge-watching orphan black online. Oops.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Okay i am now back on page 908...almost back to where I left off on Thursday and encountering myself. Looks like my next post is my 1000 so I was going to post something but then chickened out. So will post this 'would you tell someone they look terrible' confession.

When I go to the gym I never wear underwear. A LONG time ago I basically totally exposed myself to a trainer wearing looser shorts when he was holding my ankles and I was doing sit ups. I know he saw EVERYTHING. But we just pretended nothing was going on (both too embarrassed I think...and its funny that Bare A**ed is part of that word) so to this day, when I go to a dressing room and try on looser shorts that don't have a built in panty I do the 'stress test'... basically stand with my butt to the mirror and contort myself in every way possible. As long as nothing gets exposed, I buy them. :)

My friend and I now have a standing joke whenever I buy something new...did it pass the stress test?
  • Oberon21
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Aww crap it still says 999 post. darn.

Edited to say...that did it. 1000!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Had two big glasses of wine and am enjoying the slightly fuzzy state of mind. I just got done reading a book where the characters were constantly talking about delicious strawberry wine and it made me crave the stuff. Problem is... I never had strawberry wine. Is it any good? Does anyone know OF good strawberry wine? ;)

Also, that purse thing is rough. I can't even imagine :( Im sorry and I hope a good person returns it to you.

When I was in my teens and buying wine on a fake ID I used to buy Boone's Farm Strawberry Wine. Like $2 a bottle. Liked it then. Now...ewww. But maybe a better brand would be better?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I ended up staying at home today because a lot of businesses jumped the gun and closed early because it was supposed to rain pretty badly. It might come around 2am but I'm guessing everyone just got a free day off.

Ugg, my allergies are killing me. I'm just too bleh to try catching up.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    mom216 wrote: »
    I told a friend she looked beautiful in a new outfit. My real thoughts..... she looked fat & awful. The style did absolutely nothing for her shape. Would a real friend tell her the truth? I don't want to hurt her feelings; she believes she looks like a rock star. :*

I think that if SHE believes she looks beautiful, then you did the right thing (unless her outfit is ripped or really looks messed up to the point where you think someone will bully her for it :neutral: ). Still, tough situation. I just know I would be really sad if someone told me I looked fat and awful :lol:

And one more, because I love this one SO much:

n7e4bgq9gzpd.jpg

That is beautiful!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

When I go to the gym I never wear underwear. A LONG time ago I basically totally exposed myself to a trainer wearing looser shorts when he was holding my ankles and I was doing sit ups. I know he saw EVERYTHING. But we just pretended nothing was going on (both too embarrassed I think...and its funny that Bare A**ed is part of that word) so to this day, when I go to a dressing room and try on looser shorts that don't have a built in panty I do the 'stress test'... basically stand with my butt to the mirror and contort myself in every way possible.

Very funny. I've exposed myself inadvertently several times. In my early 20's I used to not wear underwear with nylons (now I don't wear nylons). I walked out to greet a client (entertainment/movie studio industry) in a little dress and the wind whipped the dress up well above my waist. Yup, said client got an eyeful. Hopefully he was bleary-eyed from flying in from Europe that day but I doubt it. Neither one of us mentioned it. I straightened my dress, held out my hand to shake hands and drove him to a meeting with my then boss.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Oh man.... I just watched this video about ten times :lol: One of the most perfect things ever...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE8PTMSFMUg

This totally made me laugh!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Ok, way behind but I am trying to catch up on 20+ pages!! Had a good trip to the hospital to have my daughters portacath for her meds removed. We are finished with treatment and now that being gone truly makes it official. She is a trooper too. Unfortunately the anesthesia made her sick the rest of the day. So playing nurse to my little one.

Aww sorry to hear this from a few says ago, but glad your daughter is finished with her treatment! I wish her well. Anesthesia makes me throw up whenever I get it. My sister (a nurse) advised me if you warn them about it then they can give you something so when you wake up you aren't throwing up. I did that last time and it worked!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Oh man.... I just watched this video about ten times :lol: One of the most perfect things ever...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE8PTMSFMUg
    This totally made me laugh!
    Oh man, birds are amazing. I don't see myself being able to properly care for one but I just love em.

• Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    I've been eating Twizzlers. Shiit so good
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    I confess I didn't want to work out this morning, but I did it anyway, in part thanks to the video below. I'm sharing it here because it is so awesome. I caught it in another thread where a new MFP member was looking for motivation. It's part of an ad campaign ('This Girl Can') in Great Britain that uses real women to inspire young women - and all women - to get active. The music is 'Get Ur Freak On' by Missy Elliott. Enjoy :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aN7lt0CYwHg

This was great! Thanks for sharing.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Really proud of my dad today, he's riding in The Tour de Cure in Cincinnati for my brother who was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes last December at the age of 20. My dad loves to cycle but he hasn't done 100 miles in a long time! I hope to be able to join him next year!

Congratulations! That is wonderful for him and you can totally do it! Just make sure to get the Hoo Ha cream!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    2vk0n7u51olx.jpg
    This is my rare Queen of the Night peniocereus greggii. It blooms one night a year. It blooms at or after sunset and the flowers wilt when sunlight touches them. Last night was bloom night. It was rescued with permits from a site that was going to be developed. I have not seen one in the wild, but I may have overlooked it as the cacti itself just looks like graying sticks most of the time. The flowers have a lovely scent.

This is so cool. I never heard of it before.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    So I'm going to sound like a crazy person, but diatomaceous earth works awesome at getting rid of ants (or any sort of exoskeleton insect). It's basically tiny glass shards that gets under their little exoskeletons and kills them. You can get it at any garden center/Home Depot sort of place.
    I like it better than the poison because I don't worry about it getting on me (don't inhale it though, or let your pets inhale it - glass shards in lungs is not good). Last year and this year I had ant problems, put a line of it where it looked like their home was (so they walk through it and take the little shards down into the nest to kill everyone off) and they were gone in a day. I then wash away the powder so I don't have to worry about my dog deciding to sniff it.

This is the best stuff! It is actually not harmful to dogs or people. Only insects or germs? Parasites? I use it on my horses feet to ward off thrush and people feed it to horses. I highly recommend it.

I think that might only be the food grade kind though? I could be wrong, but I believe there are two types, one that is okay for animals and one that is not.

Oh, I don't know. I'll have to look. I just buy the kind I buy. I better double check!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    Also my MFP was not working yesterday. I was able to read everyone's posts but couldn't quote or even reply at all. Got back on this morning and I was 15 pages behind. I'm still behind but getting there.

Confession: I miss living in Japan. The culture there is so wonderful. And the people are so much more thoughtful and lovely compared to Americans. I am an American, but other Americans disappoint me a great deal. I don't mean to offend anyone. We could learn so much from other cultures. Where we lived there was ZERO crime. You could sleep with your windows and doors wide open, leave your car unlocked. The mailman would actually come into your house and set your mail inside your house. I could go on and on, but that's just one small example.

Could not agree more.

Me too. I remember watching some docs about prisons over seas and the violence and crap from inmates was nearly non existent because they are actually treated properly. Some of the prisons had swimming pools and all kinds of crap to keep the inmates healthy. Some allow them to house with family members and friends etc. And most had menus and food of that of a five star hotel. I was amazed and thought it was brilliant.

Just wondering? Was it for all inmates or the ones who did petty crimes?

I know you like the ID channel & for all of those who watch it too they're having a special about Ted Bundy on Sunday. I will probably watch it since I have never watched anything based on him before.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/31107096/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports/t/where-theres-smoke/#.VXrLAEZySig

This is one of the cases that stuck with me for a long time. It almost seemed like something out of a movie. I couldn't believe the wife wasn't arrested too.

I do believe it was all inmates.....one thing I forgot that is a big one too is that guards are expected to treat the inmates with the utmost respect....and amazingly (sarcastic), the inmates treated the guards the same way.

Treat people like animals, and they will behave as such.....

I was a corrections officer at an all male prison in Virginia for a year and a half before I moved back here to Ohio. I will say I always treated the offenders like the human beings they are and was treated a lot differently then some of the other staff who treated these men like they were dogs. I understand the majority of the men who were incarcerated and I was around all the time committed some incredibly heinous and horrible crimes but I always kept in mind that they've already been judged and now they're serving their sentence it's not my job to judge them. On the flip side I always kept in the back of my mind the horrible crimes they did commit so I didn't get too close to any of them. You'd be surprised how much manipulation can be worked and how smart a lot of those criminals really are!

I am rally surprised by this. You mentioned it once before. How did you end up in that job? I would be terrified.

I majored in criminal justice and psychology in college and have always wanted to work with offenders. At the prison I wanted to be a casework counselor for the offenders but the prison only hires from within so I became an officer instead! I had an interview to be a counselor when I found out my fiancé cheated. No point of staying in VA when my whole family was in OH.

I really admire you. That is really cool (not the fiance -- no idea how to add the accent) but on your career choice. Are you pursuing that in OH now?
  • kfayr
    kfayr Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    When I'm on holidays I don't log my food so I can't see that I'm eating 3 times as many calories as I should and when I come home I wonder why I gained 5 kgs.... :-(
  • kfayr
    Options
    When I'm on holidays I don't log my food so I can't see that I'm eating 3 times as many calories as I should and when I come home I wonder why I gained 5 kgs.... :-(
  • kfayr
    Options