Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    So slow on the week end here. I'm bored!!!

Confession - I'm probably going to end up messing my calf up but I can't stand being home all day without doing anything, so I'm going to the gym to walk on the treadmill (too hot outside) for the 3rd day in a row...
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I told a friend she looked beautiful in a new outfit. My real thoughts..... she looked fat & awful. The style did absolutely nothing for her shape. Would a real friend tell her the truth? I don't want to hurt her feelings; she believes she looks like a rock star. :*
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Is it wrong to hope for rain on this beautiful Saturday? I wanted a nice quiet evening in and now my husband's decided it's bonfire party night.

Going to feel like a stick in the mud when I go to bed at 11 or 12.
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a rain dance for you :) There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking care of yourself A bigger question - did Hubby know you wanted peace and quiet?
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    mom216 wrote: »
    I told a friend she looked beautiful in a new outfit. My real thoughts..... she looked fat & awful. The style did absolutely nothing for her shape. Would a real friend tell her the truth? I don't want to hurt her feelings; she believes she looks like a rock star. :*

While I wouldn't tell someone they look beautiful if they don't, I think it would be more unkind to say that they looked fat and awful, or to ruin their good mood if they think they look good. To be honest, I have no idea what I would have said if I was asked that in that situation! :| "The colors suit you so well!"? ;)
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a rain dance for you :) There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking care of yourself A bigger question - did Hubby know you wanted peace and quiet?

No. But I always want peace and quiet. He's the social one.

I'll suck it up.

But thanks for the rain dance.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Confession - I'm probably going to end up messing my calf up but I can't stand being home all day without doing anything, so I'm going to the gym to walk on the treadmill (too hot outside) for the 3rd day in a row...

Confession - I decided against it. Totally slacking instead.

Ugh. I don't know. I'd want to know, I think, but that would hurt my feelings too. You can't win...
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Is it wrong to hope for rain on this beautiful Saturday? I wanted a nice quiet evening in and now my husband's decided it's bonfire party night.

Going to feel like a stick in the mud when I go to bed at 11 or 12.

*chanting for rain* ;)

^ If that sounds weird, it's probably because it is. When my siblings and I were kids (living in the desert in the middle east... Need I say more?) and there were just a few clouds in the sky, we (along with our schoolmates at school) would all chant for rain in the hopes that we'd get some. ;)
  • beansandchips
    beansandchips Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    I ate an entire packet of Mr Kipling's fruit pies.

They were marvelous.

I ate a whole pack of Tunnocks chocolate marshmallow tea cakes once. 6 of the b*ggers ....felt sickly, sugary and so bloated after!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options

I think that if SHE believes she looks beautiful, then you did the right thing (unless her outfit is ripped or really looks messed up to the point where you think someone will bully her for it :neutral: ). Still, tough situation. I just know I would be really sad if someone told me I looked fat and awful :lol:
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

I think that if SHE believes she looks beautiful, then you did the right thing (unless her outfit is ripped or really looks messed up to the point where you think someone will bully her for it :neutral: ). Still, tough situation. I just know I would be really sad if someone told me I looked fat and awful :lol:

I know this is super late, but when you mentioned somewhere five million pages back that you loved the view outside of airplane windows, I promised to share some pictures that I took last time I visited Oman and flew over a cloud cover as the sun was rising. They're so pretty! Anyhow, as promised:

svx7hcq7fllu.jpg

06fue0gdza9f.jpg

i0fd33cukpxt.jpg
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

And one more, because I love this one SO much:

n7e4bgq9gzpd.jpg
  • Francl27
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Oh nice pictures!!!

ETA : I remember Mr Kipling's fruit pies. I used to eat a whole box when I lived in France.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Really proud of my dad today, he's riding in The Tour de Cure in Cincinnati for my brother who was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes last December at the age of 20. My dad loves to cycle but he hasn't done 100 miles in a long time! I hope to be able to join him next year!

Whoo!! Tell him awesome job! My legs would fall off or literally turn into jello.
  • MillyFleurs
    MillyFleurs Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh something at least once a day. I'll log it, but not weigh it. My feel normal break.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Just have to share, I had an add for Pure Protein Bars on my homepage. Why does MFP want me to have diarrhea? :/
    It doesn't. It wants you to cleanse.

Bahaha I think you and @BZAH10 are the witty ones of the group! You ladies keep me laughing so hard!
    Oh, you're such a sweetheart. :)

Someone earlier mentioned sewing patterns - I can't go back and find it now, but thought I'd leave this here for them:
    v54n1f54w5sp.gif

OMG, I am crying. The head boppin' lady in the background is killing me!

LOL! I didn't even notice the head boppin' lady. They should have someone doing the disco move with the arm way in the air.
  • FluffySandwich
    Options

And one more, because I love this one SO much:

n7e4bgq9gzpd.jpg
    :open_mouth:

Wow, thank you for these!!! They're gorgeous!

I'm going on a plane next week and I am really hoping to snag a window seat (no option to have them reserved yet). That last one especially is just incredible :open_mouth:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

While I wouldn't tell someone they look beautiful if they don't, I think it would be more unkind to say that they looked fat and awful, or to ruin their good mood if they think they look good. To be honest, I have no idea what I would have said if I was asked that in that situation! :| "The colors suit you so well!"? ;)

I think that's a fine line. I think if she asked for your honest opinion then it would be ok to tell her what you felt in a way that wouldn't be hurtful.

Maybe you could take her shopping one day & help her find styles that would suit her in a way that wouldn't seem like you were calling her fat or ugly.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Confession - I decided against it. Totally slacking instead.

Ugh. I don't know. I'd want to know, I think, but that would hurt my feelings too. You can't win...

That is true.

When I told my mom about the customer who said I should eat a cheeseburger she said well would you have wanted him to say stop eating cheeseburgers if you were fat?

I was like touche.

Now if she were dressed in something that could end up on People Of Wal-Mart then you would be doing her a favor.
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    Oh man.... I just watched this video about ten times :lol: One of the most perfect things ever...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE8PTMSFMUg