Zombie survival club

Options

Replies

• Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I finally went to the gym, and I started where I have left, and I owned all but cardio hehe...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's and today's runs were past or through two different local cemeteries. No risen zombies. We're still cool.

I'll check the 3rd within running distance on Wednesday. :wink:
  • chuku1981
    chuku1981 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    you better be good at tripping people.

Soooo true,

Top zombie survival priorities

light weight 22 rifle/ammo
    Water/canteen
    light food rations
    A slower, clumsier friend.
  • Black_Swan
    Options
    LOL...

I ran 2.5km today and was quite happy about it, I plan to slowly up it to 3km and then celebrate a little bit with some tighter gym t-shirt... but I dont think good looks save you from zombies...
  • Want2BeBetter
    Want2BeBetter Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've been here before and thought that this is an awsome thread, just updating to let you know that I've been inspired by this to start the C25K so that I can at least manage to run that far before they get me.

In the meantime I'll have to up my weight lifting so that I can at least hit them with something heavy.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I've been here before and thought that this is an awsome thread, just updating to let you know that I've been inspired by this to start the C25K so that I can at least manage to run that far before they get me.

In the meantime I'll have to up my weight lifting so that I can at least hit them with something heavy.

Train for using a heavy object, but when it hits the fan, using a light, sharp object would be much more efficient. The training with the heavy object would do two things: get you prepared if you have to use a heavy object (strength) or it would be really easily to use the light object (endurance).
  • Black_Swan
    Options
    OK my fellow zombie-fighters.

Today I was obviously hit with some brain-mush illness, because I applied for

10KM RACE
    on 3rd September

As you know, now I run some 2.5km/20mins... I just want to survive those 10k and finish in 1h20mins, so Ill be updating you definitely with more of my running success stories.
    Oh dear, I will have to start training running outside. Its like a whole different world than the treadmill.

Help, haha. First I was very happy and now I am panicking:)))
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    OK my fellow zombie-fighters.

Today I was obviously hit with some brain-mush illness, because I applied for

10KM RACE
    on 3rd September

As you know, now I run some 2.5km/20mins... I just want to survive those 10k and finish in 1h20mins, so Ill be updating you definitely with more of my running success stories.
    Oh dear, I will have to start training running outside. Its like a whole different world than the treadmill.

Help, haha. First I was very happy and now I am panicking:)))
    welcome to my club of "moments of madness".

I haven't signed up for a 10k. I signed up for a 5km at the end of August in aid of the "Injured Jockeys Fund" th_omg.gif

(A friend of mine who is an amateur jockey suffered serious head injuries in a fall from a horse during a race last month. That was why I signed up to do the run)
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I don't fear a zombie apocalypse! I forge knives and swords (its own form of exercise...just sayin!) just in case lol =p.

Things like:

wasteland_crow_baldric.jpg
    wasteland_crow_backmount.jpg

And (my personal every day user knife):

IMAG0291-1.jpg
    IMAG0293-1.jpg

And here's a picture of me performing said exercise:

DSCF2872_0001-1.jpg

And what I was making:

DSCF3340-1.jpg

Honestly though??

Strength training...lots of it...with heavy interval sprints/ab work on off days.

=D

~Edit - And I still wonder wth is wrong with photobucket??~
  • angelworm
    angelworm Posts: 35
    Options
    Are we strictly talking about zombies from Resident Evil? Or can we also include the slower zombies from Sean of the Dead?
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Are we strictly talking about zombies from Resident Evil? Or can we also include the slower zombies from Sean of the Dead?
    Well technically what are in Resident Evil and 28 Days later are not zombies. They are infected with viruses (T-Virus and Rage Virus) so they are still (mostly) alive.

Zombies in the strictest sense (as in risen from the dead) are the slow shuffling type seen in George Romero's "Dead" movies or "Shawn of the Dead"

<--- Nerd/Geek here. Way too large a collection of zombie movies
  • Black_Swan
    Options
    I think we have to prepare for any possible variation of the zombies...
    tango: thank you! At least I am not alone... luckily there is a very nice friend here who will help me set up some kind of a training plan...phew...
    still, PANIC is in the air!
  • hroush
    Options
    @chris, it looks like you have spaces in the names of the pics that didn't work. Can't have any spaces in the names for them to work.

I would love to learn how to do that. I'm a very DIY kind of guy.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    @chris, it looks like you have spaces in the names of the pics that didn't work. Can't have any spaces in the names for them to work.

I would love to learn how to do that. I'm a very DIY kind of guy.

I just looked...I don't see spaces? Could you try to repost them without and see if it works??

Also, feel free to message me or add me on Facebook (Cris Anderson, Fernley NV) and I'll be more than happy to help you out. It's not a difficult craft to learn...I'm 100% self taught and have never seen another person hit hot steel with a hammer in my life (in person). It does take patience and some willingness to be open to new information though lol.
  • hroush
    Options
    you have spaces in the names in photobucket. the spaces are where you see %20. You need to rename in photobucket and then change the links.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    I don't fear a zombie apocalypse! I forge knives and swords (its own form of exercise...just sayin!) just in case lol =p.

Things like:

wasteland_crow_baldric.jpg
    wasteland_crow_backmount.jpg

And (my personal every day user knife):

IMAG0291-1.jpg
    IMAG0293-1.jpg

And here's a picture of me performing said exercise:

DSCF2872_0001-1.jpg

And what I was making:

DSCF3340-1.jpg

Honestly though??

Strength training...lots of it...with heavy interval sprints/ab work on off days.

=D

~Edit - And I still wonder wth is wrong with photobucket??~

Ok...lets try this again lol.

Much better!!

It won't let me edit btw...guess it's been too long now.
  • hroush
    Options
    Those are some great looking knives.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Those are some great looking knives.

Why thank you sir!
  • rgutie1
    rgutie1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The key is to hope for slow zombies (day of the dead, shaun of the dead) but prepare for fast zombies (28 days later, and yes I know they are not actually dead in 28 days later but neither are the hatian vodoo zombies.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If we're talking Haitian Voodoo Zombies, I'm golden. I make voodoo dolls. I can control them!

IMG_7178-2.jpg

IMG_7181-1.jpg

IMG_7179-1.jpg