Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• KC5115
    KC5115 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I count my macros and the very first thing I enter is a bowl of icecream at the end of the day, the build my day around that. I eat based around icecream.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I like being friends with the people from this thread.

Because I know nobody will put their judgy pants on when they see my diary. ;)

Have you guys seriously had people judge you about your diaries?

I don't recall ever having anyone judge anything I ate but I think I had someone question me about my sodium intake a few times.

The only time I would judge someone about their food diary or delete them would be from them eating under 1,000 calories everyday.

I would only give constructive criticism if someone asked for it & usually only looked at food diaries to see if I could get any new food ideas. Personally I found looking at food diaries to be tedious.

Nope, none of that I'm aware has happened. I love this thread- but in all honesty I could care less if someone judges me :) I just don't judge other people because it's rude. Or I try REALLY REALLY hard not to judge as, well, I'm human and therefore not perfect!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

I don't recall ever having anyone judge anything I ate but I think I had someone question me about my sodium intake a few times.

The only time I would judge someone about their food diary or delete them would be from them eating under 1,000 calories everyday.

I would only give constructive criticism if someone asked for it & usually only looked at food diaries to see if I could get any new food ideas. Personally I found looking at food diaries to be tedious.
    No, I haven't, and I'd probably un-friend anyone who did. I rarely have time (or interest, to be honest) to look at anyone else's diary, and I'd find it disconcerting if someone started giving me a hard time about my butter consumption.

Mmm, butter. Cookies. With butter. I like cookies... (Can anyone tell that I want cookies?)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    If I had packed anything else to eat, this frickin' hard boiled egg that will not peel would be in the garbage right now! I confess I am irrationally angry at an inanimate object.

An ice bath after cooking can help with the peeling process. I understand the frustration. I hate it when the eggs don't peel right!

And you gotta peel 'em right away! I never have any success if I leave them in the shell for any length of time.

OK. I'm confused now. I cooked two. One wouldn't peel for nothing and the other one peeled fine. I think I got a defective egg. ;)

I will admit there are times I get an egg that is just obstinate and will not peel correctly. I hate losing any of the darn thing because it is stuck to the shell. I have used the baking soda in the water, ice bath and those seem to help some, about the only thing I have not tried is cooking them in the oven. That just doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Two Easter's ago I tried the cooking in the oven trick, and even though I followed the directions exactly, the eggs did not cook through all the way. They seemed done while we were coloring them, and I didn't realize it until the next morning when the kids were trying to eat them that the middle was gross. Never again.

I did them in the oven 2 Easters ago too. They turned out fine but a bit burned at the top. Yeah I'm sticking to the pan from now on.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    KC5115 wrote: »
    I count my macros and the very first thing I enter is a bowl of icecream at the end of the day, the build my day around that. I eat based around icecream.

Genius. Seriously.

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    It never rains but it pours!

Got home today, checked on mum all gone well, just wait for further biopsy results to make they got it all.

My dad said my sister's social worker rang yesterday. Some of you may remember I mentioned previously my parents and I have custody of her 2 year old son and she is pregnant again. Anyway, it seems that the picture is bleak for the unborn child ( a little girl) and the social are minded to take this one into care when she's born, and they wanted to know if we'd have her.

Of course the answer is yes. But I can't tell you how tired and stressed that makes me feel already. My mum and I run our own company together, but she will have to give up work to care for baby, so the earning to keep us falls on me and my dad only. Not to mention the burden of caring for a baby and a toddler. I can't leave my parents to do it all on their own, but I feel exhausted just thinking about a baby.

I.never wanted children.

And my nanna blabbed to my mum something I said at the weekend (when drunk) about finding driving home every weekend and having Charlie tiring. Which is true, doesn't mean I don't want to do it.

But now my mum is horribly upset. And it's the last thing she needs.

So tonight, everything will be eaten. And I am enjoying one night in lazy solitude. No boyfriend, no girlfriend, no child, no expectations, just me, my sofa, my TV and some ice cream
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    [quote="KrisiAnnH;32927543

Confession for this evening; my parents called me earlier to let me know they're having the family dog put down soon. My natural reaction when upset is usually to curl up under a duvet and eat lots of sugary comfort food, but I'm trying to resist. I know it's only a dog, and in comparison to what a lot of you all are going through it seems really trivial, but it still sucks. Our dog is the first 'proper' pet I've had (aside from goldfish and pet rats when I was really young), and I grew up with her. Still, at least she's lived to the ripe old age of 15!

It's definitely not "just a dog"...but a family member and a friend. Putting our 15.5 year old dog down last summer was seriously the hardest thing ever...but it had to be done. He was at the point where he couldn't live/breathe outside of an oxygen chamber. I think about him every single day and still "say goodnight" to him every night when I go to bed. I just try to remember the absolutely awesome 15 years I got to spend with him! <3

Edit: I somehow messed that up with the quoting..

Awh that's a lovely story, that's actually made me feel a lot better, thank you :) She's able to eat and walk on her own, but I think the deciding factor was this weekend when she couldnt get up off the kitchen floor on her own, and my mum and I had to lift her up. She was fine once she was on her feet but still... At least I live close enough that I can pop back and see her before she goes, I'm just a bit worried that me getting upset may upset her, dogs have a tendency to pick up on these things. [/quote]

NOT just a dog....those are family members! I guess you missed how upset I was over my rodent, I cried for days!

I am actually sending a thank you card out to my vet today......[/quote]

I vaguely remember people talking about rats/rodent pets but I must have missed the context. I'm so sorry to hear that, I have a hamster myself, so I know where you're coming from.

Thanks to everyone for your kind words by the way, my parents are yet to set the date for it and seem very unsure but it is an inevitability, so maybe its best they told me sooner rather than later
  • Francl27
    Options
    Oh, I am such a bad mother! My son is in the middle of diploma exams - I checked the calendar a dozen times and wrote down that his last two exams are on Monday. Got a call from the school at 9.34 saying that he should be in an exam right now and that they'd let him in if he got there by 10.00. I hauled him out of bed and thrust the car keys in his hand. He should be able to get there on time. I'm shaking. How could I have messed up so badly? :'(
    And now I feel worse because my husband asked why I didn't drive him to school. I don't know why - I should have, I was just in such a panic I wasn't thinking straight.

Not judging, but if he's old enough to drive...why isn't he keeping his own exam schedule?

I kinda thought that, too. (But not judging!)
    Special needs kid. Not good at organising himself. Trusts his useless mother to do it for him.
    I called the school and he did get there in time. So he wasn't prepared, but at least he's there.

His mother isn't useless. She may mess up, but she's still SUPER GREAT. :) Don't be too hard on yourself!

Agreed. Seriously, I keep forgetting my kids stuff too even though I have a calendar, so give yourself some slack.

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Ugh goodness @orangesmartie I wish there was something I could do :( Relax tonight, enjoy your time alone, and do things for you as it sounds like you do above and beyond for everyone else in your life :) Keep climbing that mountain and eventually things will balance out!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    And so it begins... My dad and step-mother are taking me out for a birthday dinner tonight. I have started logging what I suspect I will be eating. Fried chicken. This place has the best fried chicken but the calories are off the charts. I have been doing really well for the past 70 day, not once over maintenance. I really don't want to blow it this weekend just because it is my birthday. I just don't see how I'll be able to resist.

I am seriously considering telling them I am too sick to go.

You have to go!! Please, enjoy your birthday...just get back on track the next day! It'll all be fine!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

No, I haven't, and I'd probably un-friend anyone who did. I rarely have time (or interest, to be honest) to look at anyone else's diary, and I'd find it disconcerting if someone started giving me a hard time about my butter consumption.

I haven't had anyone judge me. But I've heard of it happening on here. Just random trolls I suspect.

Just selfconscious I suspect on my part.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    @Coastalpath welcome fellow brit :)

Saving calories for ice cream/waffle brunch is a necessity at least once a year
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Why do they do it to themselves? Talk about lamb to the slaughter...
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10190983/quickest-way-to-loose-weight#latest
  • Francl27
    Options
    pmad37 wrote: »
    pmad37 wrote: »
    I am ready to give up entirely. Having a cruddy day, cruddy week, and cannot seem to find my control again

That's a hard place to be. Make one little positive decision. Just one. Do you workout? Hitting the gym can work wonders in improving a crappy day or week.

I do work out. I run, I lift some weights and I do a boot camp class. I was super disciplined to lose 30 pounds and somewhere between 30 and 40, I just can't seem to get it back. the way I lost doesn't work any more....I need to find what "clicks" with my body and get over this pity party I'm having. I'm usually a super enthusiastic person, it's just got to be a funk

Well you need to adjust your calorie intake as you lose weight, which is the sucky part, lol.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    You have way too much to deal with. I'm so sorry - enjoy your ice cream and I hope tomorrow will be brighter.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Caitwn wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:

Here, you have biscuits and tea. Cookies are 'merican

Alright, biscuits, then. :smile:

Biscuits always brings hard cookies to my mind, like Oreos or Digestives. Not that I have anything against them, but I want soft, chewy, gooey COOKIES! :o Or you know what? Gimme a scone. With butter.

I miss scones. Never been able to enjoy one since my Grandma passed away. She made the best and always made a special batch for me without raisins. I hate raisins!!

Count me in on the raisin-hating wagon!! In traditional Arabian dishes, raisins are popular to put into the rice. Makes me want to gag when I accidentally pop one into my mouth... X_X I *HATE* raisins. By themselves they're bad enough, but they absolutely ruin food for me when they're put into things like cookies or puddings. :-/

I am quite known for telling people that raisins "do not belong in food."

I do have a bag of the super tiny boxes in my office though. They're good for blood sugar headaches. Stupid raisins.

My mom always put raisins in the stuffing at Thanksgiving. I love it and thought everybody did that until the first time I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for my husband. He was like "what the hell is this?!". LMAO 11 years later and he still fears the raisins.

Hahaha I can just see it. I don't mind raisins but I like my dishes better without them, honestly, given the choice.

Family/friends always wanted me to do the stuffing-with-raisins thing, which revolts me. But I found a way around it. I started making a jalapeno corn bread stuffing instead. Everyone loved it, and there's no question that raisins wouldn't work in it, so nobody asks for the damned things now.

I do love other dried fruits in combination with both sweet and savory dishes, though - apples, apricots, pineapple, mango - there are so many lovely choices.

Other fruits can sometimes get away with it. Raisins can't, are horrible and should die in a fire! ;)

^^^ This! I hate raisins. ICK.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options

Got home today, checked on mum all gone well, just wait for further biopsy results to make they got it all.

My dad said my sister's social worker rang yesterday. Some of you may remember I mentioned previously my parents and I have custody of her 2 year old son and she is pregnant again. Anyway, it seems that the picture is bleak for the unborn child ( a little girl) and the social are minded to take this one into care when she's born, and they wanted to know if we'd have her.

Of course the answer is yes. But I can't tell you how tired and stressed that makes me feel already. My mum and I run our own company together, but she will have to give up work to care for baby, so the earning to keep us falls on me and my dad only. Not to mention the burden of caring for a baby and a toddler. I can't leave my parents to do it all on their own, but I feel exhausted just thinking about a baby.

I.never wanted children.

And my nanna blabbed to my mum something I said at the weekend (when drunk) about finding driving home every weekend and having Charlie tiring. Which is true, doesn't mean I don't want to do it.

But now my mum is horribly upset. And it's the last thing she needs.

So tonight, everything will be eaten. And I am enjoying one night in lazy solitude. No boyfriend, no girlfriend, no child, no expectations, just me, my sofa, my TV and some ice cream

Oh,my! You are an ANGEL! I cannot even begin to understand the patience and sacrifices involved to make sure that Charlie and now possibly another child are loved and cared for. Enjoy every minute of your solitude and quiet and remember that everything you are feeling is normal. You are WAY over and beyond doing what most people would do so please take care of yourself and don't get down or angry for the way this affects your life. Those children are blessed to have you.
  • npnorris
    npnorris Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted here before, but having read some of your posts I feel I may have found a safe place to vent about all things food and fitness related - thank you!!
    My confession; I just finished my third round of an intense health and fitness program called FIt in 42 - it's a 42 day program that is a combination of clean eating combined with workouts six days a week. During these programs I am a superstar - I always lose at least 20-25 lbs and two clothing sizes, and I feel like a million bucks. The problem happens when I come off the program and can't stay focused. We are encouraged to celebrate our success but I always take it overboard...pizza, pasta, wine, the list goes on. Two weeks later I am lethargic and hating myself. I have kept up the working out (although I go 4 days a week now instead of 6) but I need to get past this habit of excess followed by self-loathing....There has to be a happy medium!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:

Here, you have biscuits and tea. Cookies are 'merican

Alright, biscuits, then. :smile:

Biscuits always brings hard cookies to my mind, like Oreos or Digestives. Not that I have anything against them, but I want soft, chewy, gooey COOKIES! :o Or you know what? Gimme a scone. With butter.

I miss scones. Never been able to enjoy one since my Grandma passed away. She made the best and always made a special batch for me without raisins. I hate raisins!!

Count me in on the raisin-hating wagon!! In traditional Arabian dishes, raisins are popular to put into the rice. Makes me want to gag when I accidentally pop one into my mouth... X_X I *HATE* raisins. By themselves they're bad enough, but they absolutely ruin food for me when they're put into things like cookies or puddings. :-/

I am quite known for telling people that raisins "do not belong in food."

I do have a bag of the super tiny boxes in my office though. They're good for blood sugar headaches. Stupid raisins.

My mom always put raisins in the stuffing at Thanksgiving. I love it and thought everybody did that until the first time I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for my husband. He was like "what the hell is this?!". LMAO 11 years later and he still fears the raisins.

I put dried cranberries in mine. Yummy.

No, no, no, fruit does not belong in stuffing..not judging though :)

I'm one of those weird people who like sweet and savory in the same dishes. I also like to add golden raisins to my vegetable salads. Just for a tiny sweet burst. I put them in my homemade applesauce, too.
    I love sweet/savoury together too. I also love hot and cold things together, which I know a lot of people think it weird (fries with salad, custard (English style) with a big blob of vanilla ice cream etc.

Hot and cold? Hot fudge sundae or a warm brownie or piece of pie topped with ice cream. Yum!

Sweet and savory? I'm not a fan. I don't even like sweet dressing on my salad or fruit. Strawberries on a salad? No thank you, I'll have a salad and strawberries after for dessert.
    Exactly!
    I have never understood fruit on a veggie salad.....
    You don't like tomatoes on your salad? ;)

Nope, sure don't. Cranberry, yes, tomato, no.

I pull all tomatoes out of my salad. And all food. I only like them in tomato sauce.
  • Francl27
    Options

I never put judgy pants on when I see diaries! I understand what it's like to struggle, and plus I just get jealous when it's full of yums... :p But yours is private, I can't even see it even though we're friends--so nobody can put judgy pants on at all! ;)

I thought I had unlocked that for friends. I will fix it.

Thanks.

You're welcome! I love browsing diaries; you'll find a lot of 3000+ calories days if you browse mine, though (and a ton of empty days, these past few months, unfortunately. :().

Honesty is good though. I struggled about opening it for friends because I was afraid people would judge. But, then I thought "It's my lifestyle and if they want to judge, so be it. I'm usually pretty good - except a couple Saturdays ago when I drank my dinner.

Ha, mine is open to the public. I have no shame! (Actually, I just don't think anyone cares enough to go and stalk it.) ;)

Mine is open too. But when I go over, I will often just put quick calories because nobody needs to know that I had half a pint of ice cream over my calories... at least this way they might think it was 200 calories of broccoli or something (as if).

But I never 'complete' my diary and I stopped posting pretty much everything on my feed (diary completion, weight loss etc) anyway, so I don't think anyone is looking.