Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    margfish wrote: »
    I'm the same way with alcohol as I am with food - I just don't know when to say stop. So after a few embarrassing episodes last year I've just tried to not even have any. It saves me money and calories (not just on drinks, but on the inevitable binge that will follow) and I don't miss it. I'm fine with my diet coke when everyone else has a beer! I know it's not that easy for everyone, though.

Yup. As birthday celebray I drank this past Saturday for the first time in several months. Yes I overdrank. Stayed up too late reminiscing and listening to my go to drunk music. Sang. Cried (<wtf). Hungover. It was terrible and fun both but reminded me to keep off the booze because like food, I do not know moderation.

KylerJaye wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I used Wal Mart's site to store for the first time this past Christmas and waited for twenty minutes to pick up someone's present, but apparently, the people ahead of me had to wait for at least an hour because there was nobody working in that department for a while.

Walmart site 2 store is a joke. I did a pickup a month or so ago and had a huge wait. Like 20 minutes with only 2 people in front of me. And of those 2 people, they couldn't find one's order and the lady said she had JUST got the email note to come pick it up. Ooooh talk about MAD! I know I would have shown my azz for sure.

I hate site to store! I got an awesome deal on a 65in refurbished tv. When I went to pick it up, one end of the box was kinda crinkled, so I had them open it there. Completely destroyed! Their response was basically, that sucks, want your money back? No I want my awesome tv deal! Spent almost two hours in the store fighting with managers and their customer service line. Finally got them to offer me 20% off a new tv, then i convinced the manager to sell me a floor model which got me another 20% off. New tv, 40% off, only cost me an extra $35 over the original deal. It's one of my prouder moments. Lol

Badass.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    My confession for today--I looked back at my diary and found the last honest day of logging was about two weeks ago. Probably explains the creeping I have seen on my scale as of late. Time to buckle down and get back to keeping track.

I hear ya. This week has been a mess for me as far as logging goes. I've been all over the place with eating and exercising thanks to emotional rollercoaster-ing and just life getting in the way. But I'm right there with you on the buckling down thing :) We'll get back on track!

Put me on the list for this, too. :( I've been off-track for a week now, with cookies and brownies flowing freely out of the oven at any time of the day. I NEED to get back on track. Send me good vibes and I'll return the favor? I'm so scared to weigh myself! Even my "big" pants are getting tight. :(
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I feel like all my clothes are too small except skirts. I'm finally eating a reasonable amount, but it's still uncomfortable.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the comments about not being ashamed for being afraid to donate blood! I hope, somehow, that this fear will one day up and vanish. My mom said so many people were passing out all over the place when she went through medical school, but they stuck it out and now don't get phased in the slightest. I, however, am not currently planning on going through medical school! :lol:

For a confession, I got really really sick of craving chocolate all day. I made my way through two pots of tea (6 cups) and then decided to make a chocolate cake. It's currently sitting in the oven and I can't wait for it to be done. Problem's going to be limiting myself to one slice. I thought about freezing it, but then I remembered how I used to pull frozen cupcakes from the freezer and devour them. Guess I should really work on my self control.
  • msalbd
    msalbd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I pretend coffee creamer doesn't count
    I LOVE pretending that creamer doesn't count.
  • m1xm0d3
    edited May 2015
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    My confession for today--I looked back at my diary and found the last honest day of logging was about two weeks ago. Probably explains the creeping I have seen on my scale as of late. Time to buckle down and get back to keeping track.

I hear ya. This week has been a mess for me as far as logging goes. I've been all over the place with eating and exercising thanks to emotional rollercoaster-ing and just life getting in the way. But I'm right there with you on the buckling down thing :) We'll get back on track!

Put me on the list for this, too. :( I've been off-track for a week now, with cookies and brownies flowing freely out of the oven at any time of the day. I NEED to get back on track. Send me good vibes and I'll return the favor? I'm so scared to weigh myself! Even my "big" pants are getting tight. :(

You know the ish is about to get real when that happens. I was there a few months ago and I refuse to buy larger. In fact, I am about to throw the "winter standbys" in the trash so I don't have any excuse. lol

• AmandaPE1021
    AmandaPE1021 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My extended family always wants to do birthdays and crap like that at Cheesecake Factory but I really haven't enjoyed the food from there for a few years. :/

I never thought I was going to like the food either. Since it is famous for the cheesecake obviously. Lol. So I got a pasta dish thinking it was a safe option. It was absolutely freaking delicious. And my boyfriends steak was the best I've ever had in my life. If you ever go again get the Steak Diane. Seriously.
  • CBworkout91
    CBworkout91 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I might be diabetic, but I smoke anyway because YOLO.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Any food that enters this house is fair game. That's why I am experts at shopping. However, my brother staying the night tonight brought us for dinner like a freakin' 4 ft hot italian sausage to grill. Diet blown. Sodium overloaded and to top it off, it rained today so I didnt commute to work so no calories to offset. And I sooo don't wanna get on the trainer at 6pm. Reboot tomorrow I suppose.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the comments about not being ashamed for being afraid to donate blood! I hope, somehow, that this fear will one day up and vanish. My mom said so many people were passing out all over the place when she went through medical school, but they stuck it out and now don't get phased in the slightest. I, however, am not currently planning on going through medical school! :lol:

For a confession, I got really really sick of craving chocolate all day. I made my way through two pots of tea (6 cups) and then decided to make a chocolate cake. It's currently sitting in the oven and I can't wait for it to be done. Problem's going to be limiting myself to one slice. I thought about freezing it, but then I remembered how I used to pull frozen cupcakes from the freezer and devour them. Guess I should really work on my self control.

Oh good luck. Me and chocolate cake = not a good idea.

Confession - I really stress out about special events. It sucks. I am completely torn between the 'enjoy it, it doesn't happen often' and the 'don't go crazy, you'll gain weight' mentality. Special events have always been about food for me and I just can't get out of that mindset. And I hate it because it stresses me out all week trying to bank calories for it and not necessarily succeeding.

Second confession - I'm really not sure I'll be one of the people who successfully maintain their weight loss because I'm just too obsessed with food and I can't always find the willpower I need to resist some foods anymore. Plus knowing that I will go over because of PMS every month gives me extra pressure to maintain a deficit the rest of the time, and it sucks. I'm honestly stressed out just thinking I'm going to have to live my life this way.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Oh and new profile pic. SKINNY ARMS ROB LOWE!!! He's my fav out of those commercials.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I confess, I feel a poop coming on.

You're still slacking in the confessions department, Pancake.

I'm a very pure, innocent soul. Not much to confess. :)

That's not what you said a few pages ago! Spill it! And I don't mean what you just said in your previous post. That we don't need to hear about. Since you're still with us on this thread you might as well contribute something good!

Poop isn't good enough for you people? That usually knocks 'em dead most places. Tough crowd. Hmmm. Confessions, confessions, let me think...

I confess that my dad's a recovering alcoholic who got rid of all the pets I loved and my childhood home when I was younger because he needed to move to Florida to try and keep my mom from divorcing him. When he was down in Florida, I witnessed my dad have an alcoholic seizure in front of my girlfriend who was meeting my parents for the first time. That was quite a few years ago, so he is doing better now. Even though I love my dad, we don't talk very much because he lives with my mom in NC now. That makes me a little sad, and I probably still harbor anger and resentment towards him.

Good enough?
    That is a lot. Good for you for processing it and choosing your own life path.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    My extended family always wants to do birthdays and crap like that at Cheesecake Factory but I really haven't enjoyed the food from there for a few years. :/
    I never thought I was going to like the food either. Since it is famous for the cheesecake obviously. Lol. So I got a pasta dish thinking it was a safe option. It was absolutely freaking delicious. And my boyfriends steak was the best I've ever had in my life. If you ever go again get the Steak Diane. Seriously.
    I was going to order some steak last time but opted out because of the price. I think I'll say screw money next time. :p

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I was going to order some steak last time but opted out because of the price. I think I'll say screw money next time. :p

I love Cheesecake factory. Even the light options are pretty decent. Their flatbreads are really good and pretty low calories too (I think 300 calories or something? Can't really find the info though).
    Any food that enters this house is fair game. That's why I am experts at shopping. However, my brother staying the night tonight brought us for dinner like a freakin' 4 ft hot italian sausage to grill. Diet blown. Sodium overloaded and to top it off, it rained today so I didnt commute to work so no calories to offset. And I sooo don't wanna get on the trainer at 6pm. Reboot tomorrow I suppose.

I wish I didn't feel sick and I'd go to the gym to burn those extra calories from today but it's not happening.

And my husband ate my goat cheese. My favorite goat cheese. The whole 6 ounces of it. I'd punch him.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

I love Cheesecake factory. Even the light options are pretty decent. Their flatbreads are really good and pretty low calories too (I think 300 calories or something? Can't really find the info though).

I wish I didn't feel sick and I'd go to the gym to burn those extra calories from today but it's not happening.

And my husband ate my goat cheese. My favorite goat cheese. The whole 6 ounces of it. I'd punch him.

I'm sorry you're sick, hope you feel better! I can't blame your husband though I love love love goat cheese!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    confession: i drink way too much. way, way too much. it's caused me a lot of issues over the past couple of years (i've wrecked my car, twice; cheated on my boyfriend, which destroyed the relationship), which you would think would slow down my consumption, but instead i'm just drinking more "carefully." for most people these would be the "life changing events" where they have a massive realization that they need to turn their lives around, then everything is a montage of hard work, making amends and going on oprah.

but i don't have that. and i'm not really sure why. i think some of it might be attributed to the prozac and welbutrin i take. i just mostly feel dead inside.

Does the doctor know you're drinking while you're on them? They would make a difference. I was given welbutrin as a hail mary for my migraines, and it made me the most apathetic person on earth.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I decided to try the stationary bike at the gym today.... it was almost successful in murdering my butt. I thought the stationary bike was going to be easy after 40 minutes of stairmaster, but nope!!! They need to invest in some comfy seats so my tush can stop screaming at me.

That's the main thing keeping me from getting a bike. Mix a Lot wrote a song about it once...

LOL! And so true! My son got a new bike a couple weeks ago...I tried to ride it...No flipping way!

The pains subside rather quickly. Usually about a week for new riders... After that, you are good to go!

Ya, you gotta build up some "butt callouses" then you'll be okay. :grin:

I've biked a lot for almost 30 years. And by a lot I mean it has varied from a short daily commute to long biking vacations (i.e. from a few miles to lots of miles). I have one tip to add to the others. Bike shorts designed for women. Takes a few rides to get used to but makes a big difference.

You do have to find the right ones though. Not TOO padded...that just causes more problems. And try Hoo Ha Ride Glide:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_6?url=search-alias=aps&amp;field-keywords=hoo+ha+ride+glide&amp;sprefix=hoo+ha,aps,168

Totally helps. I actually get more sore in the creases of my legs where they connect to my body... that for me gets really painful if I don't carefully arrange the shorts as I am biking.

Likewise for me in the creases. I've had a saddle sore or 2 in those exact spots that luckily didn't need too much attention other than a quick yet OMG sooo painful squeeze & pop and they didn't sideline me at all so I consider myself fortunate.
    On my 13 mile commute I have to stand and adjust my chamois shorts a few times to avoid any gathering problems. It probably doesn't help I wear loose sweatshorts over my chamois and not biker shorts but I have a 38" inseam and while I think my legs look decent enough, I don't care to share my sun deprived upper thighs with the general public. LOL

@m1xm0d3 My SO also has a 38" inseam so I'm going to pounce on you (as I do every other tall MFP member) and ask WHERE THE HELL DO YOU FIND PANTS??

Seriously. The poor guy wears one style of Levis and his current suit pants are unhemmed because he can't lose any length (fortunately it's not obvious). He has to get a new suit this summer and I have no idea where to even start. Big & Tall stores aren't helpful because the waist sizes are always too big.

I am a 36/38 x 38 and I buy online and online only. lol

Levi's is great for the B&T so that's my go-to for jeans. Pants I go to Kingsize direct. There's also casual male xl.

Darn, I was hoping you would give me some different stores/sites to check out. As previously posted my husband is 7'2" and finding anything that is long enough is a challenge - even more of a challenge is finding the places that might have his size that ship to Canada.... I'm still looking for track/lounge pants....
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Hard confession here cuz it just happened again...

I went to the Dollar Tree to grab 3-4 things best bought there. Was shopping fine enough, come time to checkout. A line out about 6 people deep with a ton of crap to buy and only one cashier checking people out.... Nope. No thanks. Not gonna happen. I dropped my hand basket in the center of the aisle where I stood and walked out. If you spend more time in line trying to pay for what you just shopped for then there is a problem with your practice! Yes, waiting is a part of living and in most cases there's no getting around it... The problem I have is not with the cashier doing their part so I never cut them a look or anything, I blame the business for insufficient staffing and I refuse to support them by making a purchase at that time.

We were shopping the other night at Wal-Mart (we were in a small town and it was the only thing open that had what we needed) and there was seriously 1 lane open. In the whole entire store. One freakin' lane! Luckily, we didn't have a whole basket full of stuff, but still, I thought it was ridiculous. I've left a cart somewhere because I didn't feel like waiting in line for 20 minutes.

Uugh. That's specifically why I avoid walmart whenever I can. On the odd chance I do have to go, I check out in Electronics or Sporting Goods. Whichever I am closer to at the moment.

scumbag-walmart.jpg

As long as you're not getting produce that needs a scale - park by the automotive department and check out there. You can take a cart through to your car, though you might have to walk up front to get one initially.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Hard confession here cuz it just happened again...

I went to the Dollar Tree to grab 3-4 things best bought there. Was shopping fine enough, come time to checkout. A line out about 6 people deep with a ton of crap to buy and only one cashier checking people out.... Nope. No thanks. Not gonna happen. I dropped my hand basket in the center of the aisle where I stood and walked out. If you spend more time in line trying to pay for what you just shopped for then there is a problem with your practice! Yes, waiting is a part of living and in most cases there's no getting around it... The problem I have is not with the cashier doing their part so I never cut them a look or anything, I blame the business for insufficient staffing and I refuse to support them by making a purchase at that time.

I've done that before.

One of the last time's I shopped at Superstore, I left my basket in the middle of the aisle, they had half of the stuff that I had on my list. I gave up when they were out of eggs, milk, and cream and all lines were at least 6 deep. I now only go to Superstore once per year - at Easter for their Hot Cross Buns as those are the only ones I like... except I found a recipe that is close enough; it just costs more to make them on my own.

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Mmmmm.... cookie dough. I made sour cream cookies not long ago and the raw dough was so much better than the baked cookies. I do love cookies though, especially soft and slightly gooey ones. Harder ones... not so much... but I'LL STILL EAT THEM!

It's amazing how many people can totally screw up a simple batch of cookies by over-baking them. Umm hello... If they are hard before you even pull them from the oven, do you think they are gonna soften afterwards?!?! Uugh I hate a hard 'fresh baked' cookie. lol

Great trick for too hard cookies, put them in an airtight container with a slice of fresh white bread. They will soften right up! The cookies will draw the moisture out of the bread and the bread will become hard and cookies will get soft. My grandmother taught me this little trick. If you want them softer after the bread gets hard, replace with a new slice.

I showed this little trick to my husband years ago and he thought it was sorcery. LOL