Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I had never had a migraine in my life until earlier this year, when I had two in the same week. Yesterday's effort was only my fourth ever.

My father is a chronic migraine sufferer and they got worse as he got older, so...THANKS, DAD. not. :neutral:
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    What a week.

So, I'm officially done with my old job, paid through next Tuesday, cashing out all of my vacation time. What a soul suck the last few days were.

I won't say anything bad about anyone there, it's behind me, here's the gist of it.

I went to the Sr Director of Human Resources yesterday, and said "It hurts me being here until Tuesday, but I plan on honoring my commitment." When the General Manager for the property came back from being out of town for 2 days, he went to her, basically said "AOJ's had 10 good years here, there's a severe breakdown in relationships between he and his direct management, let's get him out of here and let everyone move on and have a good Memorial Day weekend."

So at 1 O'clock today, I walked to the door with the SDHR, got outside, took a deep breath and headed home.

I spent a few hours in my front yard sitting on the steps, then I went and mowed someone else's lawn.

I've gotten tons of texts because for some reason, when you leave work before your resignation date, everyone assumes there's a negative connotation. I typically don't talk about work publicly, but I had to put a facebook message up to clarify to people I left out of reciprocated respect for all parties involved.

So that chapter has ended, and I know I'll be much happier going forward.

Sorry for anyone I've worried with my absence the last few days.

~AOJ
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    CNoitez wrote: »
    I might be diabetic, but I smoke anyway because YOLO.

Smoking + Diabetes = the WORST combination ever!

Also, there is no -might-, you need to get that crap checked out before you go blind or something!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    What a week.

So, I'm officially done with my old job, paid through next Tuesday, cashing out all of my vacation time. What a soul suck the last few days were.

I won't say anything bad about anyone there, it's behind me, here's the gist of it.

I went to the Sr Director of Human Resources yesterday, and said "It hurts me being here until Tuesday, but I plan on honoring my commitment." When the General Manager for the property came back from being out of town for 2 days, he went to her, basically said "AOJ's had 10 good years here, there's a severe breakdown in relationships between he and his direct management, let's get him out of here and let everyone move on and have a good Memorial Day weekend."

So at 1 O'clock today, I walked to the door with the SDHR, got outside, took a deep breath and headed home.

I spent a few hours in my front yard sitting on the steps, then I went and mowed someone else's lawn.

I've gotten tons of texts because for some reason, when you leave work before your resignation date, everyone assumes there's a negative connotation. I typically don't talk about work publicly, but I had to put a facebook message up to clarify to people I left out of reciprocated respect for all parties involved.

~AOJ

I am glad for you that it is over!
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I confess, I feel a poop coming on.

You're still slacking in the confessions department, Pancake.

I'm a very pure, innocent soul. Not much to confess. :)

That's not what you said a few pages ago! Spill it! And I don't mean what you just said in your previous post. That we don't need to hear about. Since you're still with us on this thread you might as well contribute something good!

Poop isn't good enough for you people? That usually knocks 'em dead most places. Tough crowd. Hmmm. Confessions, confessions, let me think...

I confess that my dad's a recovering alcoholic who got rid of all the pets I loved and my childhood home when I was younger because he needed to move to Florida to try and keep my mom from divorcing him. When he was down in Florida, I witnessed my dad have an alcoholic seizure in front of my girlfriend who was meeting my parents for the first time. That was quite a few years ago, so he is doing better now. Even though I love my dad, we don't talk very much because he lives with my mom in NC now. That makes me a little sad, and I probably still harbor anger and resentment towards him.

Good enough?

I'm sorry that happened but I'm glad your dad is doing better. The anger and resentment sounds pretty normal.
    What a week.

~AOJ

I'm also glad that it's over for you. I'm very happy that you came back to update us. I hope that your new job is perfect for you.
  • kristinedlc09
    kristinedlc09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    confession: while I was reaching for my 50 calorie rice cake I noticed an unopened container of chocolate cake frosting. I was only going to dip my rice cake in there once...

I ate half the tub.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    What a week.

~AOJ

Congrats. Now the fun part - how many phone calls and emails do you think you'll get in the next month every time someone can't figure something out?
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I just ran my fitbit through the wash. It was facing inward in my front pocket. It appears to be working. It is also showing that I have been pretty active the last hour :) (not).
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    The People thread just took a very dark turn.

Do you have a link? I couldn't find it in recents....

It got zapped. I was trying to read it and figure out where the dark turn took and it got zapped before I got to the end.

It got zapped after someone showed up arguing that fat people are pigs.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    I just ran my fitbit through the wash. It was facing inward in my front pocket. It appears to be working. It is also showing that I have been pretty active the last hour :) (not).

LMAO
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    The People thread just took a very dark turn.

Do you have a link? I couldn't find it in recents....

It got zapped. I was trying to read it and figure out where the dark turn took and it got zapped before I got to the end.

It got zapped after someone showed up arguing that fat people are pigs.

When I heard it went south, I went and quickly read through it. I missed this. It actually was a pretty interesting thread. I wish I had kept up with it.

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    My confession for today--I looked back at my diary and found the last honest day of logging was about two weeks ago. Probably explains the creeping I have seen on my scale as of late. Time to buckle down and get back to keeping track.

I hear ya. This week has been a mess for me as far as logging goes. I've been all over the place with eating and exercising thanks to emotional rollercoaster-ing and just life getting in the way. But I'm right there with you on the buckling down thing :) We'll get back on track!

Put me on the list for this, too. :( I've been off-track for a week now, with cookies and brownies flowing freely out of the oven at any time of the day. I NEED to get back on track. Send me good vibes and I'll return the favor? I'm so scared to weigh myself! Even my "big" pants are getting tight. :(

You got it :) When I bake, I usually enjoy one of whatever I've made and then get my mom to bring the rest to work with her. But this week, I baked walnut shortbread bars and made old-fashioned buttermilk doughnuts from scratch. She loved them so much that she refused to give them away. They call to me every time I walk into the kitchen, lol. I've got to get myself on track because I gave all of my "big" clothes away to the Goodwill. :s

I don't actually own any of my real big clothes, either. I've been near maintenance for over a year, and I've been wearing very loose 32 inch pants because I'm too cheap to buy 28-inch ones.

Then, in March, I went on vacation and gained 14 pounds and my 32s were too tight for comfort, and I struggled to get back on track and basically maintained for almost two months. But last week I pretty much "fell off the wagon", so to speak, due to some stressful events and getting sick--and I've been struggling to motivate myself to get back up again.

As for baking, my husband goes to university and sharing baked goods just isn't part of the culture here, so he's embarrassed to do so. Baked goods always stay firmly in our house until fully demolished, unfortunately. :'(

And my big pants are just a pair of loose yoga pants that are usually falling down from my waist to my hips... ;)
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    What was The People thread? Was the OP arguing some stupid point or something?

Also, I just finished reading City of Stairs. Amazing, AMAZING book.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

About a size 22 model being featured in People magazine, apparently, and whether or not it's a good or bad move. Fat acceptance vs health and all that. It was an interesting discussion until it got nasty...
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    What a week.

~AOJ

I am glad for you that it is over!

+1
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    I am way behind on this thread.
    Me too..
    thank you for being beubg one of the people who care. The world needs more who do.
    Best wishes for a tough job.

I'm still way behind, but thank you.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options

About a size 22 model being featured in People magazine, apparently, and whether or not it's a good or bad move. Fat acceptance vs health and all that. It was an interesting discussion until it got nasty...
    And then someone showed up saying that fat people are pigs? See, that's why I like this thread! :tongue: More positivity... for the most part :smiley:
  • justice0813
    justice0813 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Even though I've lost weight almost every week, have logged my food diligently all week and my clothes are not tighter and it is okay if I don't lose every week I am still scared to step on the scale. Every week I grit my teeth and close my eyes as I step on it. I also always weigh myself about 3 times in a row to be sure.

Speaking of getting things off my chest- one of my breasts seems to be shrinking faster than the other one as I lose weight.

I have the same fear of the scale. I always somehow expect my original weight to come back up on the screen. But once I see the number and it's less than the last time I weighed myself I get so excited an can't wait to log it! I also only allow myself to get on the scale once a week but I obsess about it every day.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    I am way behind on this thread.

I confess that when I was a kid I was the one who would be found eating chips or candy and drinking soda for breakfast at school. Those are the things that I could steal easily (without getting caught) on the way to school. If I didn't do that I didn't eat. Every time I read another thread on these forums I get reminded of this. Now, I don't know if that other kid is in even remotely the same situation I was, but I am saddened at all the people who think that you shouldn't even check in on the child.

There is a little girl that I spend time with every week who has been in and out of foster care for her entire life (this is not uncommon). The first thing that foster care wants to do is reunite families, but this isn't always a good thing. Her father melted her ears completely off her head and they placed her back in her home after that happened. The only reason she is in care now is because her father dropped dead of a heart attack. Every time I look at one of these kids I'm reminded that most people don't want to get involved and I get so very angry.

I don't know if this was very coherent and I apologise if not, but I've just come home from one of these visits and I'm very worn down.

Heartbreaking. Bless you for doing what you do! These poor children.

Thank you. It can be very hard for them.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    My confession for today--I looked back at my diary and found the last honest day of logging was about two weeks ago. Probably explains the creeping I have seen on my scale as of late. Time to buckle down and get back to keeping track.

I hear ya. This week has been a mess for me as far as logging goes. I've been all over the place with eating and exercising thanks to emotional rollercoaster-ing and just life getting in the way. But I'm right there with you on the buckling down thing :) We'll get back on track!

Put me on the list for this, too. :( I've been off-track for a week now, with cookies and brownies flowing freely out of the oven at any time of the day. I NEED to get back on track. Send me good vibes and I'll return the favor? I'm so scared to weigh myself! Even my "big" pants are getting tight. :(

You got it :) When I bake, I usually enjoy one of whatever I've made and then get my mom to bring the rest to work with her. But this week, I baked walnut shortbread bars and made old-fashioned buttermilk doughnuts from scratch. She loved them so much that she refused to give them away. They call to me every time I walk into the kitchen, lol. I've got to get myself on track because I gave all of my "big" clothes away to the Goodwill. :s

Would you be able to PM me the recipe for these? I would love to try them!