Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    When I worked as a youth counselor at a wilder
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    In the interest of staying on track on this thread...

Confession: I have gained 16 pounds since I started this job in November. Granted it's a desk job, and I came from a fairly active job where I was on my feet a lot. This morning I was down two pounds from my current highest weight. However, my MFP weight is still lower than where I am currently, so I can't log the loss. And that makes me a little sad. :'(

I have also been working SL 5X5s since November. I'm starting to feel strong! Last night I did 190 lbs on my squat, tried for 75 pounds on my OHP (but couldn't finish all my reps on the last set), and 215 on my deadlift. Lost my grip on the last deadlift. I think I need some deadlifting gloves to help my grip. I am going to be trying 120 pounds on my bench press tomorrow night, and 105 on my rows. I <3 lifting!

What is SL 5X5s? Other people have mentioned it and I have never heard of it?

Stronglifts 5X5. There's a website and an app, if you want to check it out. Not promoting anything!

stronglifts.com

There's also an active group on MFP. I can try linking later on my pc.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Ok, so my boy came home from his exam - cool as a cucumber and quite relaxed, said it went ok and was pretty cheerful about everything. All is well. Either he'll pass or he won't, but life will continue. Thanks for talking me down.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I did it. I messaged my stepdaughter. This is what I said.

"You need to message your dad. He needs to talk to you, but you haven't returned his text message. Also, Sunday is Father's Day and I didn't know if you were planning on being around."

It was probably not the nicest message, but it's a lot nicer than what I wanted to say which is this.

Come pick up your cat from hell, give me my key, get your stuff, and get out. You obviously don't want to be a part of our lives and I'm not going to be your storage unit and cat's caretaker anymore. Your dad has tried really hard to make sure you feel a part of our family, we all have, and you've done nothing but take advantage of that and I've had enough. Oh, and I expect you to have a check for $400 for your tags to your dad by Monday.

Every time I think about her and what's been going on, I get so angry and want to cry (that's probably more PMS) and I just hoped when she came into our lives, things would be so different. I'm sad now. :'(

How many times did you consider sending the second message and then erase it? If she didn't have the money for the tags, the car would have to stay at the house.

I never typed any part of the second message, I just thought it and have been for quite some time now.

My husband brought this up during our "discussion" (fight) last Friday. He asked if I wanted him to take the car away from her if she couldn't pay the tags, and I said no because then she wouldn't have any way to get to work. Although, that's not really my problem. I wasn't relying on other people when I was 19, I had a car that I paid for and was working AND going to college full time. I know she's not me, but she needs to learn some accountability and responsibility. I might make the suggestion that until she CAN pay for the tags, that he drive the car since it's in his name anyway.

I'm afraid that if I keep bringing this up to my husband, we'll have a terrible vacation and anniversary and I've waited 15 DAMN years for this and I REFUSE to let her ruin that for us. Why does she have to be such a selfish brat?!

Well, this has been going on for a while. No need to ruin vacation plans over it. I'd just ignore it as best you can. You both deserve your anniversary and vacation and nothing is going to change with the step-daughter in the next few weeks anyway, I'm guessing.

Nineteen is a tough age! Yes, they should be adults, but their brains are still developing and lack maturity. She will get better at some point, but probably not until her early 20's, IME. My kids all became normal humans again by 21 or so.

I disagree, honestly. I'm 20, and I've had to adult (yes, I'm using that as a verb. :p) since I was 14 or 15 years old, due to circumstances beyond my own control. The behavior of others my age frankly disgusts me sometimes--they're old enough to have some manners and consideration for the feelings of other people, they just don't want to bother.

Personal circumstances and situations can make a person grow up faster.

At my daughter's age, I had been living on my own for several years, working two jobs and trying to get pregnant.

My daughter can barely suck it up to work a summer job, help around the house a bit, and take on the stress of finding a place to live to go back to school in the fall.

Just for the record, she is rather selfish most of the time too.....it is a teenage girl thing, I am sure of it.....although I find at times she takes it to the extreme.

While I agree about circumstances and their effect on people, I don't think that's ever an excuse for being a self-centered, inconsiderate idiot to everyone around you. Sometimes I just want to smack people and yell "Have some manners!" or "Whatever you may actually think, the world DOESN'T revolve around you, and you didn't do anything to deserve to have your life handed to you on a silver platter!" That said... I'm actually an extremely polite person (to a fault) and would never do either of those things.

...But I really hate people with entitlement complexes. It may be a wee bit of a sore spot.

You are my soul sister. I am so fed up with the kids at my barn for their attitudes, sloppy behavior, ignoring the rules of how to handle horses, etc. Throwing multi thousand dollar saddles on the ground, discarding $35 crops and forgetting them, crumpled hundreds of dollar jackets in the back of the trailer. MAKES ME NUTS!!!!!!!! And I am NOT nice about it. I would have KILLED for the things these kids get and they have no respect. And not taking proper care of the horses causes a mental break down for me. I am not well liked by the children of the barn. :)

But the horses LOVE you!

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Ok, so my boy came home from his exam - cool as a cucumber and quite relaxed, said it went ok and was pretty cheerful about everything. All is well. Either he'll pass or he won't, but life will continue. Thanks for talking me down.

that is SUPER GREAT!! Is that getting old yet? I don't want to over do it :#
  • Tubbs216
    Options

that is SUPER GREAT!! Is that getting old yet? I don't want to over do it :#
    Impossible!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Good!!!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Fitness related confession: I attempted to do my HIIT workout last night, and by attempt, I mean, I made 2 rather pathetic rounds skipping some exercises as to not injure myself further. I think I actually DID injure myself further. My ankle was really swollen last night and my leg was really sore. I really hate that I got hurt so close to my vacation and I can't do a proper workout because of it.

Non-fitness related confession: My husband FINALLY messaged his daughter (actually, she messaged him after my request yesterday [small victory?]) and she is coming by Saturday because he told her he wants to talk to her in person. I am glad he finally did this and I hope he doesn't chicken out and lays down the law with her. I'm not sure if I will be present or not because I told my daughter I'd take her Father's Day shopping Saturday and I also have an eye appointment to get my trial contacts checked. A part of me wants to be there to support him, but a part of me knows me, and fears I might say something I'll regret. Not sure which part of me will win yet. Positive thoughts are appreciated.

On a related note, when I got home last night, I noticed her cat has managed to tear about a 4" hole in my carpet in the doorway of the room she's staying in. I was so irate that I started screaming at this stupid cat and telling her I hate her and she's got to leave. She didn't understand what I was saying and I am sure she didn't care because she proceeded to tear at the carpet once the door was closed again.

Unrelated but relevant to something I mentioned yesterday: I asked my husband about whether or not we're going to exchange anniversary presents and he said he thought we'd just do some shopping for each other while we're down there. I am on board with this idea especially since I already have an idea of what I want to buy him. He also mentioned that what he wanted to get me we couldn't afford but could make payments on it. I told him I didn't want any more payments and he said not even for a ring?! I love that man!

Sorry so long, but I had a lot to say.

tl;dr: I hurt myself working out, stepdaughter's supposed to talk to husband Saturday, and I may be getting a new ring. :smiley:

That damn cat! I hope she'll either take it Saturday or at least give it to a good home.

No more injuring yourself before vacation! Did your bruise go away yet?

Yay for a new ring!

Um, no. I'm not sure if you can see it, but the bruising is all the way around my ankle and the side of my foot and my leg hurts like a mug today because of last night. Good news though, my ankle isn't nearly as swollen as it was last night.

pqboi4hrxdwm.jpg

Ouch, at least it's not as yellow as before & doesn't seem to be that noticeable.
    Agreed, that will probably go away really suddenly.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I confess that I'm pretty irritated that I took a new profile pic 3 days ago & it still isn't showing up as my avatar....anyone know if I'm missing a setting or something? I already made it my "main" pic.

Have you tried logging in and out? It didn't update mine till I did that. I'm way behind on posts, so apologies if you've already tried that.

Success! Thanks

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Fitness related confession: I attempted to do my HIIT workout last night, and by attempt, I mean, I made 2 rather pathetic rounds skipping some exercises as to not injure myself further. I think I actually DID injure myself further. My ankle was really swollen last night and my leg was really sore. I really hate that I got hurt so close to my vacation and I can't do a proper workout because of it.

Non-fitness related confession: My husband FINALLY messaged his daughter (actually, she messaged him after my request yesterday [small victory?]) and she is coming by Saturday because he told her he wants to talk to her in person. I am glad he finally did this and I hope he doesn't chicken out and lays down the law with her. I'm not sure if I will be present or not because I told my daughter I'd take her Father's Day shopping Saturday and I also have an eye appointment to get my trial contacts checked. A part of me wants to be there to support him, but a part of me knows me, and fears I might say something I'll regret. Not sure which part of me will win yet. Positive thoughts are appreciated.

On a related note, when I got home last night, I noticed her cat has managed to tear about a 4" hole in my carpet in the doorway of the room she's staying in. I was so irate that I started screaming at this stupid cat and telling her I hate her and she's got to leave. She didn't understand what I was saying and I am sure she didn't care because she proceeded to tear at the carpet once the door was closed again.

Unrelated but relevant to something I mentioned yesterday: I asked my husband about whether or not we're going to exchange anniversary presents and he said he thought we'd just do some shopping for each other while we're down there. I am on board with this idea especially since I already have an idea of what I want to buy him. He also mentioned that what he wanted to get me we couldn't afford but could make payments on it. I told him I didn't want any more payments and he said not even for a ring?! I love that man!

Sorry so long, but I had a lot to say.

tl;dr: I hurt myself working out, stepdaughter's supposed to talk to husband Saturday, and I may be getting a new ring. :smiley:

I am sorry you hurt yourself. I did the same thing the Friday before I left for my last vacation years ago (to California and Oregon). I was running late because my alarm didn't go off and I ended up twisting my ankle and it swelled up as well. It was still swollen when we left Monday. I REALLY hope you heal fast.

I'm glad that your husband is going to talk to his daughter. I will keep you in my thoughts
    !

Me too, thank you! Hope you're doing better today as well. Been thinking about ya. And not in a weird creepy way either.

• Tubbs216
    Options
    @Francl27 ..YOU WIN THE INTERNET TODAY :) Best gif EVER!
    She gets all the best lines. That's a direct quote, right? ;)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Can I just say how awesome this thread has become?

Yes, it started out about trash bags, peanut butter, and hot chocolate powder, but it has evolved into a community within the MFP community where people actually CARE and SUPPORT one another through stupid decisions, horrible situations, and hilarious escapades.

You all rock. And if I wasn't super lazy, I would finally get around to friend requesting the rest of the regular posters.

Super great.

I agree totally! I can't believe how much I feel like this is now a tight circle of real friends. And how close I feel to you all! My own little MFP family!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Husband comes home from a week long business trip and all he wants to do is watch Orange is the New Black while drinking wine... I have enough room in my calories but I really over did it yesterday.... ugh decisions, decisions.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Has anyone seen @noaddedsugarx around recently? Just thinking about her and her grandmother and hoping she's doing all right.

I was wondering as well. Also, @Lois_ (I forget the rest of her screen name). We are missing her, too.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    She gets all the best lines. That's a direct quote, right? ;)

I'm actually not sure, but I saw it on my FB feed yesterday and got a kick out of it, lol. Gotta love her though.

• tulips_and_tea
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession - I finally started another book yesterday, after taking a reading break for a while because I wasn't totally over my last one yet (what can I say... I get very attached to some characters LOL).

And now I'm annoyed because I can't read. My son was home this morning because he was sick, and now both are here and they need me or watch some cartoons so I can't read it in peace... and I need peace to be able to read. With the kids last day of school tomorrow, I have no idea when I'll get to it... I guess I need to learn to just tune the kids/TV out... And I still really want to keep watching X Files at night too!

I've gotten almost too good and tuning out so I can read. I think it's a coping mechanism because I have SPD and too much noise freaks me out. Great idea having 3 kids, self! I can relate to feeling like your break was messed up though. I hope you can get some peace later. I still make my bigger kids have a quiet time some afternoons now that they don't nap. Any chance of that?

Hahaha! This is funny. I don't mean to make light of your SPD, but we all have our strengths and weaknesses and I'm guessing this gives you extra ability to understand your children and their individual needs.

It's OK, I laugh at myself all the time. I sometimes tell my 11 year old, "please respect my mental health issues and go be loud in your bedroom" He laughs, I laugh, and we carry on. It's the only thing to do!

Yes, yes it is. Bonus: your children will have a better knowledge and understanding of others with mental issues. They are very common yet highly misunderstood and improperly judged. Good for you for being open about it!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Wow... finally caught up and it's time for lunch and my bike ride home. I'm sure there will be 100+ more to read by the time I get back.

3.5 hours later (got busy) like 300+ to read! Can't fit that in 30 minutes before leaving work...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Wife points today!

I was texting back and forth with my husband, and I tried to put "love you too" only it autocorrected to "love you tiki" so I tacked on another text that said "or too." He responds, "I was worried maybe you thought I was Tiki Barber."

Here's the points for me part - I responded with "He's pretty hot, too, so you can see how I would make that mistake!" :D

For anyone who doesn't know Tiki Barber, a9dgq0ur2bof.jpg
    . And for those of you with fantasies, he has a twin brother, Ronde Barber!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Husband comes home from a week long business trip and all he wants to do is watch Orange is the New Black while drinking wine... I have enough room in my calories but I really over did it yesterday.... ugh decisions, decisions.

Is that on top of the Spongebob Out of Water wine? ;) If it is, and it were me, I would be beyond the point of caring.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Confession: I stayed up later than my husband last night because I needed to exercise. I had planned to go in and snuggle with him after, but when I got there the cat was in my spot and I ended up cuddling the cat instead while reading my book. Wife fail.

Haha, I've done that. :)

• tulips_and_tea
    Options

Thank for you saying this! That's exactly what I was going to post, but you beat me to it!

Seriously, I just had to get some work done (for maybe 15 20 min.?) and 31 new confessions. It's no wonder I can't keep up. Phew.