Things people do at the gym, that you hate.

Options

Replies

• Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Men or women who insist on wearing what smells like sex panther perfume. You're at the gym lady, not a brothel, go shower that *kitten* off, and also, thanks for the sinus headache.

This^^^ and old men who wear really tight/short shorts. Ug, no one wants to see your hairy white thighs or wrinkled old man bits.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Noodle797 wrote: »
    Men or women who insist on wearing what smells like sex panther perfume. You're at the gym lady, not a brothel, go shower that *kitten* off, and also, thanks for the sinus headache.

This^^^ and old men who wear really tight/short shorts. Ug, no one wants to see your hairy white thighs or wrinkled old man bits.

What do you wear?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

What do you wear?

I think I see where that is going...
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

What do you wear?

I hate when people don't have muscles like you.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    3AAnn3 wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »

What do you wear?

I hate when people don't have muscles like you.

I hate when people don't think like you...
  • moesis
    moesis Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    2 things I hate..

When someone is using the weight machines that you want to use but they stop between sets and sit on their cell phone. Like, you don't actually mean to take a 2 minute break do you?? UGH!

I don't typically do this on machines, but when I am lifting 80%+ of my max I take up to 5 minutes in between sets AND I record my progress in an app on my phone.
  • moesis
    moesis Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    2 things I hate..

When someone is using the weight machines that you want to use but they stop between sets and sit on their cell phone. Like, you don't actually mean to take a 2 minute break do you?? UGH!

I don't typically do this on machines, but when I am lifting 80%+ of my max I take up to 5 minutes in between sets AND I record my progress in an app on my phone.
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,878 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    When theres an entire line of treadmills/whatever else open and somebody just HAS to take the one immediately next to you.

Some people are just creatures of habit. There's an elliptical at my gym that I always use whenever it's available, even if there's someone next to the other one.
  • 3AAnn3
    Options
    Also hate when people hog a machine for 15 minutes.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Also hate when people hog a machine for 15 minutes.

Why
  • 3AAnn3
    Options
    Not when someone lets you work in. I mean when someone clings dearly do the machine in between his 10 sets
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Not when someone lets you work in. I mean when someone clings dearly do the machine in between his 10 sets

I mean if you want to deload plates....
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    When people don't clear up the plates, bars or dumbbells that they've used, even though there is a sign at the gym to put everything away after use. It's not a big gym either, so plates scattered everywhere is a hazard. I don't want to spend my gym time clearing up weights!

On Saturday morning, one of the personal trainers actually put the dumbbells he used next to the dumbbell rack when he was finished. After I had my shower, it was completely empty and everything was everywhere, so I ended up clearing things away *sigh*
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I wear earphones at the gym so the grunting/dropping weights/mindless chatter doesn't bother me. What does bug me are people who don't return dumbells to the rack and those who remove all of them because they are somehow using all of them at the same time. My gym programme is built around short rest periods and bursts of high activity so having to keep tracking down the equipment I need before I can get on with my exercises is counter productive.
  • crssftlv
    crssftlv Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    ready4_50 wrote: »
    When theres an entire line of treadmills/whatever else open and somebody just HAS to take the one immediately next to you.

Some people are just creatures of habit. There's an elliptical at my gym that I always use whenever it's available, even if there's someone next to the other one.

This!!! they also typically smell bad :(
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    One more thing... the chick that wears the shorts... the ones where myself and the rest of the gym has seen her hooha more than once...

I just saw this today at the YMCA... I was in the locker room getting dressed and a girl walked past me and I could see the bottom of her buns! I don't think I've ever seen shorts so tight or short before... I hope she realized it and knows she can't bend over in those without showing everything!

Of course she realizes it, that's why she wears them. and then she'll complain loudly about how she can't stand having dudes look at her donk. And before you all jump down my throat saying the guys should avert their eyes what the heck do you expect from dudes when your a$$cheeks are hanging out?
  • kwiet_storm
    kwiet_storm Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    When they stand there and watch you! :confounded:
    ready4_50 wrote: »
    When they stand there and watch you! :confounded:

A lady was touring the gym yesterday and she had her little boy with her. Little man stood there and watched me on the treadmill for a good five straight minutes. It was actually starting to creep me out. He didn't even blink. lol
    Now imagine a grown creepy man doing that! :fearful:
    Young boy in training, this is where it starts. At young age.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    When creepy old guys STARE at me. I don't dress for attention either, no makeup, just plain black pants and long sleeve shirt. WTF are they looking at??
  • sandiek256
    sandiek256 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have you come across people who keep hogging the machine? Constantly playing on their phone. People who sweat a lot, leaving marks on the machine? Folks, share your experience..

My pet peeve is people who bring their kids with them and let them "play" on the nearby machines while they work out.
  • kwiet_storm
    kwiet_storm Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Alidecker wrote: »
    A lot of the complaints on this make me laugh, while also making me really appreciate my gym.
    gothchiq wrote: »

There is one guy who shows up in jeans and a jacket, and works out in them every time, without even unzipping the jacket. I don't believe said jacket has ever been washed. I don't even know if the DUDE has ever been washed. It's like... you can almost see the cartoon type wavy stink lines coming off of him. X( WHEW.

That is nasty. Wearing jacket and training, that will give a headache due to heat. Maybe thats the only clothes he has.