Pin-up Girls! - Week 1

Options

Replies

• TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I just got the cutest pin up dress from pinupgirlclothing.com Im wearing it for a wedding next week! So excited because I just FEEL beautiful in this dress. (And attitude plays a big role!) But there are so many more dresses I want. ;)

My goal in 10 weeks is to lose 12 pounds. But another goal is to come out of my shell a bit more and talk to people without hanging my head or looking them in the face.

Good luck everyone, This is going to be great!
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    If this is still open, I would love to join. My starting weight is 139. :)
  • beeruin
    beeruin Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    i should put it in a very unconvenient place, so that it's just a pain in the *kitten* to weigh!

I put my scale in the kitchen under the sink. Since I like to weigh without clothes it makes it a bit harder to weigh all the time, specially with the kids home for the summer.
    Lol! That is nothing short of brilliance. I'm moving mine downstairs to the kitchen first thing in the morning.
    :laugh:
  • lifeinpink09
    lifeinpink09 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Ohhh! May I join??? 172.4!
  • valeriedent2
    valeriedent2 Posts: 154
    Options
    So, I finally motivated myself to workout for the first time in two weeks last night. Just did a quick 20 min express workout to ease back into it, but I rocked a beastly sweat and felt fantastic afterwards! Slept great last night, too.

I had planned on getting up this morning and working out, but a low blood sugar prevented me from doing that. Might try to squeeze in the 20 min again tonight after work if I get out early enough. If not, it's definately on for tomorrow morning.

Weekend at my parents is going to be a challenge, but hopefully I can get my sister to work out with me at least once while we're both there. That'll help somewhat.

Good luck this weekend, ladies!!!
  • petitedemoiselle
    petitedemoiselle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i should put it in a very unconvenient place, so that it's just a pain in the *kitten* to weigh!

I put my scale in the kitchen under the sink. Since I like to weigh without clothes it makes it a bit harder to weigh all the time, specially with the kids home for the summer.
    Lol! That is nothing short of brilliance. I'm moving mine downstairs to the kitchen first thing in the morning.

That really is a fantastic idea. I'll be moving mine this morning. :laugh:
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options

I almost moved mine last night, but didn't... So the dang scale won this morning - I broke down and weighed! I'll be having the kids hide mine until Monday morning! :grumble:
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I just got the cutest pin up dress from pinupgirlclothing.com Im wearing it for a wedding next week! So excited because I just FEEL beautiful in this dress. (And attitude plays a big role!) But there are so many more dresses I want. ;)

You are SO right about that. I scored a sweet Ralph Lauren dress for a wedding I just went to for 1/3 of the going price. It looked amazing and I felt amazing. I had such a blast at that wedding, I didn't even mind that it was a size larger than I used to wear. Better to look good then wear something too tight and look like a stuffed sausage. I honestly think RL has just started making their clothes "real" sized again instead of 'vanity sizing'.
  • ipeloquin400
    ipeloquin400 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Please add me: CW 152.4
    Thanks
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I've been eying a couple dresses from pinupgirlclothing.com as well as one from Vivien of Holloway... I want one for the summer wedding I'm going to, but I don't know if I'll be able to justify the purchase for a dress that will soon be too big for me when I have a lovely "chinese dress" here that I'm just about to fit into - I need to lose about an inch in the tummy and I'll be in (and not stuffed in, but just comfortably in). Oh, the trauma. Maybe I'll wear the one I have to the wedding, then spend the money on some more 'everyday' pinup clothes. ^_^
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options

broke down and weighed! I'll be having the kids hide mine until Monday morning! :grumble:
    LOL that's funny! good idea having the kids hide it!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Added all.

155 ladies now.....

Does it just take a while for the images to change? Hopin I didn't get skipped over :3

Don't worry, I haven't been updating it the last couple days because I'm continuing to get so many new girls. If you've sent me a message or posted here to join, and provided your start weight, then I've added you to the list. Just make sure you weigh in on Monday and you'll see yourself on the Week 1 results chart Monday evening. :)
  • kelleypf
    kelleypf Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Well, now that I'm in the club...

What worked for you the last 10 weeks?
    Wasn't a part of this group, or MFP for that matter, but what's worked for me has been joining MFP! Keeping myself accountable of how much I'm eating and seeing the REAL numbers! I also started Turbo Fire and love love love it:)

What are your goals this round?
    I'd really like to lose at least 10 pounds in this 10 weeks. That would put me really close to my goal weight. 10 in 10 doesn't sound like much, but I'm in a bit of a plateau I think and it would be amazing to push through it. I'd LOVE to be down the 10 by my trip to Myrtle Beach in July!

What are you going to do the same or change this time?
    Now that I've got the calorie count down and part of my daily routine, I'm going to start paying more attention to the types of food I'm eating and really crafting a healthy day. Keep going with the Turbo Fire - I'll be finished with the 12 week program before this challenge is over, at which point I'd like to either do the advanced classes or start incorporating my husband's P90X and take up running.

I'm excited about this! Loving MFP and all the encouragement from everyone and glad I found this fun group:) Thanks for letting me join.

On a side note to Rach - I'm going camping this weekend and won't be back until monday night, but hopefully I have service and can send you my weight in the a.m.
  • HungryTuna
    HungryTuna Posts: 141
    Options
    Added all.

155 ladies now.....

Does it just take a while for the images to change? Hopin I didn't get skipped over :3

Don't worry, I haven't been updating it the last couple days because I'm continuing to get so many new girls. If you've sent me a message or posted here to join, and provided your start weight, then I've added you to the list. Just make sure you weigh in on Monday and you'll see yourself on the Week 1 results chart Monday evening. :)

Thank you for all that you're doing! New weigh-in day will be Monday. It's a great incentive to look forward to so I don't go overboard on the weekends!
  • romiga
    romiga Posts: 44 Member
    Options

Wow I gotta check that site out, my goal weight reward is actually a pinup girl style photo shoot :)
  • jumelle
    jumelle Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone! I made some icons and banners for the challenge. Take one if you like them. They're hosted at imageshack.us. If anyone has a specific pin up that they'd like a banner made of, shoot me a message. :wink:

Pin Up Art
    banner01g.png
    banner02x.png

Unknown Model, Sophia Loren, Dorothy Dandridge and Eartha Kitt
    banner03h.png

Lena Horne, Marilyn Monroe, Sophia Loren, Dorothy Dandridge
    banner04bn.png

Icons
    icon01c.jpgicon05w.jpg
    icon02d.jpgicon03s.jpg
    icon04.jpgicon07s.jpg
    icon06u.jpgicon08.jpg
  • fishrockstar
    fishrockstar Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    So I suppose I'll answer this stuff now:

What worked for you the last 10 weeks?
    Wasn't here last round, but what got me through the first 50 pounds (!) of loss was cutting out the junk.. I went from having fast food for at least one meal a day (!) to eating better.

What are you goals this round?
    For the next 15ish pounds I have left, I need to focus more on nutrition, not binge (it never used to be a problem, but I'm having emotional issues and might have a mental disorder that I have to get therapy for, and the "impulsive" part of the disorder has decided to manifest itself into binge eating... better than using drugs, but something I have to work on), and learn more ways to work out to get a nice flat stomach (almost there (: ) and get rid of my thigh fat. Maybe learn to cook more.

What are you going to do the same or change this time?
    Try to eat better. Try not to binge. Maybe switch up my breakfast and lunch foods because I literally eat plain dry wheat toast for breakfast and a turkey sandwich for lunch every. single. day. and my metabolism probably doesn't even blink at the thought of digesting it anymore. I'm also going to learn some more weight lifting techniques and switch my cardio up.

But, yikes, I work in a bakery. So hard not to get a cookie on my lunch break, or have a slice of cake when someone cancels their order (they give it to the employee break room so as to not waste it). It might be easier the next few weeks though, as I'm working as a bagger in the checkout of the grocery store and not training in the bakery. Hopefully I can get back on track and be able to resist the smell of yummy cookies when I go back to the bakery.
  • beeruin
    beeruin Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Funny story, my 3 yr old found the scale where I was hiding it in my closet, picked it up and helpfully placed it back on the bathroom floor. Sabotage comes in all shapes and sizes, and sometimes has a button nose and dimples. :ohwell:
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Oooh, thank you, jumelle! I've ganked one of each!
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    Thanks Jumelle!!!!