20 pounds by Easter challenge

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited July 2015
    See if I can post this have not been able to get my post posted.. It's been a crazy day for me.
    Jerry did find hisremote control. In the front yard he remember he went to put a flau back up and n
    Must have lay it down. seems like every day is. Crazy when you get old

I feel much better about my
    Plant diet. I was afraid I was not getting enough to protein but occur fin to a. Friend on the Sneakers gro
    I am eating about the same amount in grams as she is and she is a. Very slim and no grey hair at 79 years of age. She live in Canada and have no car and walk everywhere she goes she does eat some fish and every once in a while an egg if her protein is low

Going to close before I lose this post

marie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Lol, Marie! So glad Jerry remembered he helped out a flower pot and left his remote there.
    I am hanging in there exercising as much as possible and logging my food. Scale is up and down but I do have a little less jiggle :)
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Haha.. Marie that is so funny.." Seems like every day is crazy when you get old." :)

Connie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    :) We are having super hot weather here (hot for us) and the dogs don't like it. Our house is air conditioned so they are comfortable. They ask to go out and then find out how hot it is and either want to stay in the shade or come home. It's not bad before 7:30 AM when we take our really long walk, but the rest of the day is hard for them (and for me). It was so hot in line dance this morning that I sat and rested during the break instead of walking around talking to people or practicing a dance. Fortunately, this sort of weather doesn't last too many days.

:) Keep up the good eating and exercising one day at a time.

<3 Barbie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member

" Seems like every day is crazy when you get old."

I must be old then. Because every day is crazy for me. But then again I have kids dogs and an absentee hubby. But I can't miss him if he ain't gone. ;)

Esther
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Barbie, my cat Honey is the same way! She begs to go outside, only to re-find out that it's still hot or still raining, and then she wants back in. Then two minutes later she's forgotten and wants to go back out again.

Our house inspection went pretty well, there are a few minor things to fix, and a few things that need to be fixed so they don't end up causing a lot of problems/damage. Outside electrical outlets need fixing and the crawl space has some moisture issues that need fixing. We've sent a repair request to the sellers, so now we're just waiting to see how they respond.

Final weigh in tomorrow for the 4th challenge! I'm expecting to see my first gain in months, but if I see a loss instead I'll be really pleased. I'll pop in to the official 4th of July challenge tomorrow to check in on the everybody's weigh ins! Connie, which day should it be tallied?

I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend planned, you all deserve it! :)

-Rachel
  • SeeAhtter787
    Oh my gosh I am dead tonight. We made 6 pies tonight for a local church pie sale on Saturday. We have 6 more to make tomorrow night. The 16 yr old apprentice did very well. She really enjoyed helping me. She had the pie crust down pat too. We ended up having a mishap with one pie and the crust fell apart in the oven. It looked like a bomb went off in the pie so we had to eat that one. It wasn't fit to give away. Darn it. I hate it when that happens o:) It was divine. Strawberry Rhubarb. Off to soak in the jacuzzi tub. I need it tonight.

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    edited July 2015
    Good morning misfits, heading over to the fo the 4th of July to record my weight for T his Challenge.. Done lost one post.
    See you over on the group of losers
    <3 Marie
  • lovesretirement
    Good morning misfit losers! Happy 4th of July weekend! B)

Ray..you can begin counting now if you want. The deadline is today/tonight. Monday you can create a new thread over there to post total pounds lost. If you would rather not create the thread, just send me the number, and I can do it. Thanks so much for your help crunching the numbers! Also, smart move with house inspectors! Beware of any moisture in crawl spaces!

Barbie..my fur baby has to go out very early in the morning because of heat and humidity. Although I keep his hair very short, the hot weather is hard on him. We have to cool the car before taking him anywhere.

Gym day for me..personal training and 30 minute walk. Yesterday my son commented on how baggy my capris were in the butt and legs...unfortunately, they still fit in the waist! :D

Have a great day, losers!
    Stay strong!
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    edited July 2015
    Lost 3 lbs for the 4th of July Now to see how much I can lose by Laber Day. My goal for Laber Day is 5 lbs. . That will make. Me 10 % of my weight lost for this year

Since we are not in completion on our weight lost let's all set our own goals if it's 20 lbs, 10 lbs or five lbs. byLaber Day. Or your own goals rather it is to maintain or lose weight your own personnel goal.
    But keeping in touch with each other is my main concern

Love to all

Are you game?

Marie
  • lovesretirement
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Lost 3 lbs for the 4th of July Now to see how much I can lose by Laber Day. My goal for Laber Day is 5 lbs. . That will make. Me 10 % of my weight lost for this year

Since we are not in completion on our weight lost let's all set our own goals if it's 20 lbs, 10 lbs or five lbs. byLaber Day. Or your own goals rather it is to maintain or lose weight your own personnel goal.
    But keeping in touch with each other is my main concern

Love to all

Are you game?

Marie

I am game, Marie!
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    You are such a sweetheart Connie my dear I want to keep you and the rest of us Mitfits in my life every day. I would be completely lost without all of you. If any of you want to invite any of your new friends . From the 4th challenge feel free to do s
    from. The 4th group feel free to do so. As long as they are supported oa all of us we will not have to report any gains but I am sure you will be happy to report your loses when take a notion.as for as our name We will just keep it as is. If we have a problem later on We will that matter up then. deal!!! I just love our group We are just home folks talkin at the fence with our neighbors and I pray Connie is still my partner in this. We can call us Connie and Marie's Mitfits. Not official but among ourself

Love you all <3 you guys make my day

Marie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    I'm in!
    Ruthie
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    edited July 2015
    I'll follow along here, of course. I got to 203 this morning, that's pretty good for me, I lost 15 pounds for the 4th of July challenge, all told.

My next target is to be 180 by my birthday on November 18 when I'll be visiting New Orleans. That's about 23 more pounds, but I might be able to get 20 by Halloween. Not sure, just don't wanna go back to 250 ever and it helps to have friends to be accountable with.

I see the Dr. in a week or two, hoping to break that 200 by then, but it's already going to impress him, I'm sure.

This heat really drains me, I get full of excuses, even though I have indoor air conditioning. I know I'll do best in the fall when I can get regular walking on my agenda again. Pair that with the bike and eventually embracing those baby hand weights, I should be able to get the next goal.

I know weights is the secret for me to have more success, but my head hasn't accepted it yet and I'm balking at it. Sort of like my earlier attempts with food changes. Eventually it will click and I'll get on board.

Thanks for the misfit group ladies!
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Well today, as suspected, I found a 0.9 lb. gain. I wasn't surprised. I intend on still doing my no count weekends, I just need to remain strict throughout the weekdays. A friend of ours came over on Wednesday and we ended up going to a burger place, and cookies followed. Not good so close to weigh day! I think I'll weigh myself again in the morning and see what it says. But as far as for the 4th challenge I am currently at 138.4 lbs. I need to do some back tracking to see what I started at for the challenge.

So is Labor Day our next challenge goal? Sounds good to me! That will be the end of the 2nd quarter of school for me. I'd love to be at my goal and maintaining by then. I think I'll make my goal weight now to be 132 lbs. So 6.4 lbs. in 3 months seems doable. :)

I'll poke around tonight and see what the weigh ins are looking like, can't wait to tally the numbers!

-Rachel
  • SeeAhtter787
    I have weighed myself everyday this week. My weight has fluctuated so badly. It is all heat bloat and I know it so I think I am just going to report in with my weight from the cooler weather. My weight last week when it was cool was 232. This morning it was 249. I feel so bloated and swollen up from the heat. Yesterday it said 261. Like I said it is all heat related. I hate it.

So I have had a loss of 34 pounds for this challenge!!!!!

Esther
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Wishing everyone a very happy July 4th. Have fun and be safe.
    Looking like we will have rain. So hope it will not interfere with our plans.
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Esther have you had this problem before of gaining so much so fast. If not you definite need to see a doctor. That's is way to much tp gain. Does your clothes still fit or did you eat all of those pies. I love strawberries and
    Rubares pies. They would not be safe around me I never made one but my mother used to. .
    But that is a good very good lost for this challenge , you may need some water pills or more salt

Hi Nancy. Be safe on the lake. But have a wonder time. A lot of our lakes arestillclosefor the are still flooded from all that rain we had 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Rachel looks like you are going to have lots of pound to repot in.
    Those 4 th of July sure know how to lose weight stay safe and stay on your plan

Marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    Eninad wrote: »

I know weights is the secret for me to have more success, but my head hasn't accepted it yet and I'm balking at it. Sort of like my earlier attempts with food changes. Eventually it will click and I'll get on board.

:) I am in the same boat with you. For the last few months one of my resolutions has been weight training twice a week and I haven't been too successful. I keep finding "reasons" to put it off until tomorrow and tomorrow never comes. Maybe we can encourage each other this month.

2157045gp85zev8ri.gif Barbie
  • SeeAhtter787
    Hi Calicat. I only do that when it gets hot. I retain water badly. My clothes get a little snug but they still fit just fine. It is just annoying. When it cools down again I will be back down. And no I didn't eat the pies. Just one because the crust fell apart while baking and I was half top less. I couldn't give it to someone looking like that...... We went to the girls house who was helping me and shared it with her family. It was delicious. And yes it was a strawberry rhubarb that fell apart.

Today we made pumpkin pie apple pie and mincemeat pie. Two of each. And then I thought her how to make my brownies from scratch too. She did very well making the pies. I was so happy to have the help. And the church was so happy to hear I was donating 11 pies.

I will probably be MIA tomorrow for most of the day. I will be delivering the pies about 9:30 am. Then I have to stake out my place to watch the parade. I will be watching it from below the judges stand. My dad and his friends were asked to judge the parade. My dad is bummed because he won't get to watch it with the grandkids. But we will watch the rubber duck race and get root beer floats after the parade. The off to the game booths and teriyaki beef or pork sticks for dinner. I will probably check in while waiting for the fireworks at 11pm. When it is finally dark enough to see them.

Happy Fourth Misfits!!!!!!

Esther