If I eat an ice-cream everyday, but stay under the calorie limit, will it still work?

Options

Replies

• rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Now I want my ice cream snicker !!!! Was saving for tonight but it sounds good Now.
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    rushfive wrote: »
    Now I want my ice cream snicker !!!! Was saving for tonight but it sounds good Now.

I actually had an Ice Cream Snickers for breakfast. Great way to start my morning!!

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    wwzn6gjfm84k.jpg

Homemade vanilla and homemade dark chocolate. Oh, how oh how will I ever meet my nutritional goals for the day?
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Going to jump in again to say that my husband just walked by, saw @ILiftHeavyAcrylics' picture and stopped in his tracks with a

jybb97xbtmdn.gif
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Going to jump in again to say that my husband just walked by, saw @ILiftHeavyAcrylics' picture and stopped in his tracks with a

jybb97xbtmdn.gif

:laugh:

:blush:
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options

jybb97xbtmdn.gif

Mine did the same thing...... only to the bowl of homemade ice cream. !!! JK
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    culver531 wrote: »
    wow lots of comments dont know if you'll see this but WOW really people eat icecream everyday is ok, not at all. I think that the first step to losing weight is acceptance, accept that you have to change your way of eating to maintain your weight loss. Junk food is junk why waste your time trying to lose weight if you keep putting junk in your body. Once in a while is understandable but it shouldn't be just about calorie count but the food itself. veggies vs processed food with ingredients you cant even recognize! I say no! your only setting yourself up for failure if you continue to eat bad food!

Oh god. More demonization of food groups. IMO that is setting yourself up for failure.

How about you just eat at a deficit and not worry about the BIG BAD FOODS coming to get you.
    LdyJedi wrote: »
    You may lose weight, but you will most likely not have a healthy body otherwise. While a caloric deficit will help you shed pounds, you also need to maintain a healthy balance of nutrients to keep your heart and other muscles functioning properly.
    Why, exactly, does having ice cream most likely mean you won't maintain a healthy balance of nutrients?

Well first think what all that sugar does to your body, The minute it kicks in all that sugar it cant process it and turns it into fat. There are alternative like blended frowzn bananas with choc chips. Very yummy. Dairy with sugar at that level is not healthy. bottom line. You want to be fit eat fit.

Pssst! You know frozen bananas and chocolate chips HAS SUGAR.

Dairy with sugar at that level (what is the heck does that even mean??) is not healthy? Says who??? Link to anything to support that stuff you keep saying.

z205099164.gif
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    FoxyLifter wrote: »
    ~For weight loss: calories in < calories out.
    ~For body composition: get enough protein and do some sort of progresive resistance training
    ~For overall health: get enough fat, micronutrients, water, sleep, rest/recovery, maybe some cardio.
    ~For your sanity: don't eliminate a whole group of foods for no medical reason or foods you can enjoy in moderation.

Moderation, variation, and no unnecessary elimination! :smile:

Succinct, to the point, and most importantly, so completely and utterly true... slowclap.jpg

OP add me to the list of people that continue to enjoy things like ice cream and wine while losing weight and improving my health markers and overall fitness levels.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Also LOL @ completely ignoring testimonials-with pictures even!- of people who've had tons of success while also eating foods like ice cream. Seriously LOLing.

Maybe because acknowledging it might mean they are wrong?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    wwzn6gjfm84k.jpg

Homemade vanilla and homemade dark chocolate. Oh, how oh how will I ever meet my nutritional goals for the day?

your already dead.
  • LdyJedi
    LdyJedi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    Kayra42 wrote: »
    Sure, you will lose weight but end up with malnutrition and avitaminosis
    You may lose weight, but you will most likely not have a healthy body otherwise. While a caloric deficit will help you shed pounds, you also need to maintain a healthy balance of nutrients to keep your heart and other muscles functioning properly.

B.S. Bryers Original Chocolate ice cream is 140 calories for 66 grams. If you can not fit in a small treat everyday your deficit is too big.

I read the question as only eating something typically considered unhealthy, not including a small treat. For me, my treat is cheese and I include it almost every day.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Why, exactly, does having ice cream most likely mean you won't maintain a healthy balance of nutrients?

Well first think what all that sugar does to your body, The minute it kicks in all that sugar it cant process it and turns it into fat. There are alternative like blended frowzn bananas with choc chips. Very yummy. Dairy with sugar at that level is not healthy. bottom line. You want to be fit eat fit.

Ummm no..,,just no...it's funny how you seem to be ignoring the facts here. Please stop spreading misinformation like sugar is evil. All foods are fine in moderation. There are newcomers that could read your posts and actually believe it. Eliminating foods is not necessary. Portion control and moderation are key.
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »

B.S. Bryers Original Chocolate ice cream is 140 calories for 66 grams. If you can not fit in a small treat everyday your deficit is too big.

I read the question as only eating something typically considered unhealthy, not including a small treat. For me, my treat is cheese and I include it almost every day.

Sincere question. Why would you assume the OP meant they were going to eat primarily unhealthy food when the post said, "if I eat an unhealthy food every day will this still work". Why do people always assume that if someone asks if they can still lose weight and eat ice cream that means they would only be eating ice cream or only calorie dense foods and not that they would be eating primarily nutrient dense foods and working in a treat in moderation which is what all these people with amazing pics are doing?

I assume that OP saw some misleading posts on Facebook or Pinterest or elsewhere online that gave her the impression that eating one serving of ice cream in a day totally invalidates every other healthy choice she makes because, well, ice cream must be bad.

Subsequent posts have confirmed that there are indeed people who feel this way...
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Yes, It will work. But you won't end up with a "toned" body.

I disagree. I eat ice cream almost every day. (At least some sort of treat like potato chips, cookies or whatever.) I stay within my calories and most of my eating is healthy. I have been maintaining here at MFP for well over 4 years now. I have a flat stomach with well defined obliques, shapely legs, etc. But then again, I also work out.

OP, you don't have to live your life without treats and junk. It won't turn you into a blob. Just keep it within calories and don't make it your main food source, plus exercise to stay fit. Works for me...
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

Oh, come on. She didn't say she was going to ONLY eat ice cream. She asked if it was OK to fit a treat into her daily calorie limit. Unless she has special health constraints, the answer is YES.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate and ice cream and chips (my favorite) more often now that I did before I started counting calories and I've been successful. Blood work is great, I meet my nutrient goals, I feel better, and I don't agonize over enjoying my favorite treats. Hello, sanity!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    ok thank you everyone, not one person really helped but thanx. I believe we eat what the earth gave us if we want to be healthy and i didnt say no icecream ever i just dont think everyday is healthy. Thats my opinion. there are over weight people trying to lose weight on here and i think eating healthy is a good start and not all of us are already very fit eating icecream we are just starting. and your body processes a banana with sugar way differently that high fructose sugar hello!!! isnt that common sense

I am not very fit. I lost 55 pounds while having an ice cream sandwich most nights. You're making assumptions here about the kind of people responding that just aren't substantiated. If you don't want the ice cream or can't moderate it, that's a separate issue. But it won't stop you from losing under normal circumstances.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    on another note some of us cant control ourselves to stop at a cup of icecream lol but thanx for attacking me for being realistic and not a body builder

First of all, you aren't being attacked. Correcting your misinformation and disagreeing with your wild claims =/= attacking. We're trying to protect other people viewing this thread who may be influenced by your posts, which are all full of unsupported "science" and a lot of strong, personal opinions. Second of all, you're not being realistic. It's not realistic to think someone should give up all food they enjoy - and on top of that eat "only what the earth gave us" (which is ludicrous and implies we should all give up shipping in grocery stores). Lastly, you don't have to be a bodybuilder to lose weight, be in shape and also eat treats. I've done it, so have multiple people in this thread, and so can you.