Options

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    This thread is weird

All that needs to be said.

Does anyone have any actual weight loss questions?
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options

rabbitjb wrote: »
    This thread is weird
    But oh so entertaining.
  • Eri0515
    Eri0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    One of the other responders said this is not a dating site and I have to agree with her. This is just for losing weight. If you are cruising around the boards and you see someone who has goals similar to yours send them a friend request. No one is going to think you are hitting on them.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    It seems to me that there is a lot of insecurity -- personal and interpersonal -- floating around in here.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Both of you should work 5x5 Trust Curls into your routine, brah. No rest between sets.

(...and people say gays are destroying the sanctity of marriage....oi....)

What people? And would you mind slapping them for me
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Eri0515 wrote: »
    One of the other responders said this is not a dating site and I have to agree with her. This is just for losing weight. If you are cruising around the boards and you see someone who has goals similar to yours send them a friend request. No one is going to think you are hitting on them.

There will be more posts in the "would you kiss the person above you" thread today than in all the weight-loss-related threads on MFP.

This place is basically Tinder without the swiping, but with better gifs.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Both of you should work 5x5 Trust Curls into your routine, brah. No rest between sets.

(...and people say gays are destroying the sanctity of marriage....oi....)

Strong first post.

OP, I'm a dude who is serious about staying in shape. Add me if you wish. That way your wife will be less likely to delete your account.

Yeah, but if he has too high a brah-to-bra ratio, she'll start questioning his gender preference.

There's nothing you can do about suspicious people...
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Y'all are really piling on pollypocket here. After about 40 posts slamming her, I think she's got the idea.

It's a forum. Sometimes people don't read the replies before they post. Didn't see one where she asked for a white knight either.

Lol. I know most people don't approach life or relationships like I do. ;)

But since I'm in a very small minority with regard to interacting with people as a married woman, it would maybe give the OP some perspective on how reasonable his wife is.

And nothing I my original post is exaggerated.

You have respect for your relationship, and your husbands feelings. I totally get where you're coming from

Sure respect, but is that enough?

I'm not married etc so maybe I don't have the right idea.

But what about trust? What about being 2 individuals that are married?

Just seems odd and what polly has said so far, if it sounded one sided it would be setting off alarms with me of an abusive or controlling relationship, but it seems like it's from both people, and polly seems happy about it so who am I to judge.

Maybe I should preface with the fact that I used to work somewhere where married people having affairs with coworkers was the norm. It was openly talked an joked about. There were days when I was asked out for drinks after work before I clocked in.

I didn't want that to become acceptable or normal for me, so I made sure that everything in my life was completely open and transparent to my husband and I drew certain lines in the sand. Having the joint account also sent a clear message to my coworkers. 10 years later, those lines are still drawn and I am very comfortable with where they are. It's about me being honest and accountable.

So no abuse, just fallout from the Petri dish that I assume most teaching hospitals are.

Lulz. I worked at a teaching hospital for 8 years and was asked out by staff a total of zero times. That is most definitely not the norm.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    So....here is the issue:
    I have an imbalance of female MFP friends to male. My wife (who is not part of MFP) thinks its a bit weird (me too, I guess). The reason I have not requested male MFP friends is because it seems weird to ask because, well, just because. There are some guys that have really similar self improvement and similar goals, but I suppose the issue is that requesting is weird. That said, if your a dude and are serious about getting (and staying) fit, please add me.

Thanks....i hope.

Hey, I getcha. I'd feel weird if I had a big gender imbalance in my friends list as well.

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I have a few married male friends on here and whenever I see their feeds it's all girls going "hiiii sweetie" and "u look so good babe" and stuff like that, so if my husband were on here I'd be careful about his friends list as well. I don't know who these chicks are who can't act decent but...they're all over this site.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    I have a few married male friends on here and whenever I see their feeds it's all girls going "hiiii sweetie" and "u look so good babe" and stuff like that, so if my husband were on here I'd be careful about his friends list as well. I don't know who these chicks are who can't act decent but...they're all over this site.

It would be up to your husband to shut that down if he so chooses. There will always be temptation.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options

So someone who says' Hi Sweetie' isn't acting decent?. This thread goes from the sublime to the ridiculous
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

It would be up to your husband to shut that down if he so chooses. There will always be temptation.

Yep. Not those girls' fault, it would be all on him.

Personally, I only accept friend requests from women for two reasons: a) our goals are more likely to be similar (especially as I'm fairly petite...not a lot of adult men maintain on 1500 cals and it can be hard for them to understand why I eat what I eat), and b) men who send me requests either include no reason at all (and they're total strangers, so...why?) or it's something flirty, which I'm not interested in. But that's just me.I have a lot of male friends IRL and he doesn't mind at all because he trusts me. I trust him too and I have never had an issue with him having female friends either.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

I'm single, I guess I meant it from an observer's perspective - in 'real' life I don't see girls heavily flirting like that (I don't go to bars like I used to lol) but here it is all out, all the time it seems. So it seems to me that for a lot of women this site is primarily a pickup spot, and they do not care about single/married, so I don't think it's crazy for a wife to be concerned. But yes of course it is each person's responsibility to be respectful to his or her partner.
  • randomtai
    Options
    isulo_kura wrote: »

So someone who says' Hi Sweetie' isn't acting decent?. This thread goes from the sublime to the ridiculous

TRUTH!!
  • randomtai
    Options

I'm single, I guess I meant it from an observer's perspective - in 'real' life I don't see girls heavily flirting like that (I don't go to bars like I used to lol) but here it is all out, all the time it seems. So it seems to me that for a lot of women this site is primarily a pickup spot, and they do not care about single/married, so I don't think it's crazy for a wife to be concerned. But yes of course it is each person's responsibility to be respectful to his or her partner.

Sweetie and babe is now flirting? This thread delivers.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    isulo_kura wrote: »

TRUTH!!

Lol I was going to say that's pretty par for the course in the south, but it's said to both men and women by women.