20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the birthday wishes! I will post my 4th of July challenge loss in the morning. Hopefully I didn't gain it all back while on vacation.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
    {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;}
    {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red85\green95\blue154;}
    \deftab720
    \pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs22 \cf2 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
    \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 }

Esther

Don't think it worked. Darn it. I will have to figure it out.

Whats this Esther

• CALIECAT
    edited July 2015
    Options
    if
    it is The glitter graphic After you get the site Scroll down on the right side you will see a box/ where it says search type in what you are looking for such as Happy birthday and they will give you pages to pick out one out you like Click on it and it will make it larger for you/. then scroll down to where it say Facebook and go on do to a box that has two things to click on Click on the bbc code the last one . Copy it and paste it to your post. Dud you have it Barbie has a good instruction on it Maybe he will post it in the morning
    marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    165387acfytyr6q3.gif

Let's try this........maybe it will work now

Esther

It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Great

426806jfqxbdkfx8.gif
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Heading to bed. but first need to make my breakfast
    Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Great

426806jfqxbdkfx8.gif

You found my portrait!!!!!!! That's how I feel about computers.

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Esther You know I do at times . Love hate affair
    Marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,956 Member
    Options
    481261nv50vl9eka.gif

Congratulations Esther, you learned a new skill that will enormous fun for you.

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif Barbie
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

Well, I had a wonderful time yesterday at my initial consultation, metabolic coaching session laying out my meal plan for the week, and first workout!!! I know the pictures, measurements, and weight are awful, but I have only better pictures to look forward to in 21 days when they retake my pictures, measurements, weight, and BF%. They used ultrasound to determine my BF% on my arm, hip, abdomen, and thigh. He said it was good that I only had one layer of fat on my abdomen because many people have multiple layers. Who knew that? LOL

I don't need to, but for my own reference and for anyone who is interested, I have entered my food into the log for today and tomorrow and then I just flip between those two days every other day for the week. It's a LOT more food than I imagined and he said that, Yes, I will lose weight and inches. We shall see... It was really nice because he asked me what I wanted to eat with each meal and he made it work with my macros. I can change it up next week if I want to have different things in each meal. I really eat kind of the same things over and over anyway, so I'm good with this plan.

They started me out slowly on the workout and I'm not at all sore today. I felt the burn on many of the exercises, but I can do lots more than what I did yesterday. I'll ease into it the three times this week and then ask to be bumped up a bit next week. I did mostly legs and abs yesterday. I'm excited to see what I get to do tonight!!!

I am so very happy I have the means and accessibility to have a personal trainer 3x/week and the metabolic coaching and both for a full year. I know this will be the key to my success and I'm already in a better state of mind knowing I'm taking care of myself as I should.

I think I'll post my stats on Esther's Thanksgiving challenge, too.

I hope you are all having a great week!

Becky
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Barbie has a new graphic she use, I have not learn it yet Haven.'t enven tried,The glitter does all I want it for but it will give you more options. Also photo bucket has some graphic too I think I may go over there today maybe I remember how. I really forgot about it.

I had my oatmeal this morning. I mix it all up and store it thr fridge night ate it cold this morning But it did not give me that satisfied feeling fullness I should have cooked it a little. Bit but no gluten and no sugar. In the morning I will microwave it a few minutes I used the old fashion oats.

Marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Wednesday!

:) So glad that the Thanksgiving group is up and running well under Esther's expert leadership!
    :) Becky..happy that you are happy. Strength training is the best thing for your body and will change the shape of it. I especially like that they took your body fat measure as that is the true way to know if you've lost fat, not just weight which would also include lean muscle mass.
    :) It was gym day for me...personal training and a 35 minute walk.
    :) Hope everyone is doing well.

Make it a great day, losers!
    Stay strong!
    Connie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Just popped over on the Thanksgiving grouo. It's going great. I had a thought while over there...with that name I feel like people will be joining for months on end. It might be nice to name it something like "20lbs in 20 weeks - Thanksgiving Challenge" just a thought.

Edit: is it a group or a thread? I can't seem to find it without clicking on the link in this thread. So maybe there won't be loads of people joining in Sept? :)

Happy Hump Day!
    Ruthie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi everyone,

becky, so happy it all went well and you are excited and motivated:) I stalked your diary and your macros are similar to mine when I eat correctly! it really does work and you feel totally satisfied.

ruthie, it is a group and you need to join it. after you join, it should come up at one of your groups?

connie, you impress me everyday

marie, I don't think I would like cold oatmeal. on our trip I couldn't have my oatmeal pancake or my protein waffles so I would order a bowl of oatmeal and a side of egg whites. I brought sugar free syrup packets with and mixed in the oatmeal, yummy!!

ester, thanks for taking the lead on the new challenge! I am really motivated this time so hopefully more than 3 lbs:)

have a great day everyone!

Stephanie
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Connie, it was interesting because my Fit Bit Aria scale has my BF% at 42% and their ultrasound (which I trust more) had it at 33%. So that's better news already! :-)

Stephanie, stalk away! LOL I can't imagine how I will lose weight with eating all this food, but he said I will.

Becky
  • CALIECAT
    edited July 2015
    Options
    JLoRuthie wrote: »
    Just popped over on the Thanksgiving grouo. It's going great. I had a thought while over there...with that name I feel like people will be joining for months on end. It might be nice to name it something like "20lbs in 20 weeks - Thanksgiving Challenge" just a thought.

Edit: is it a group or a thread? I can't seem to find it without clicking on the link in this thread. So maybe there won't be loads of people joining in Sept? :)

Happy Hump Day!
    Ruthie

Ruthie I am having the same problems it is not listed with my other groups the 4th is still there but no Thanksgiving. I have it bookmark but if I lose it Some one will be getting a help me with the link. maybe they just have not had time to take care of it yet? I guess if it does not show up one of us need to get in touch with MFP to find out why.

Marie
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    JLoRuthie wrote: »

Happy Hump Day!
    Ruthie

Ruthie I am having the same problems it is not listed with my other groups the 4th is still there but no Thanksgiving. I have it bookmark but if I lose it Some one will be getting a help me with the link. maybe they just have not had time to take care of it yet? I guess if it does not show up one of us need to get in touch with MFP to find out why

Marie

• CALIECAT
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I thought I did But I did just now and its on my groups list. Now.

1.... still on the vegan diet
    2.... still following the gluten free diet
    3 Not eating any real sugar , I am using Stevia though.
    leaving off can sweet potatoes for they have syrup in them. Even though I drained them and rinse well. Will replace with canned pumpkin for my fill in on my chile spread I am making now
    4,,,. lots of water.
    5.... making a list of brands canned goods with no sugar added I would like to make everything from fresh food But that is impossible for me now.So doing the next best thing.
    6..... Give all of this a try for the next few weeks if no t working will do a make over
    Marie

Wonderful hearing from all of you
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    tenpets wrote: »
    Connie, it was interesting because my Fit Bit Aria scale has my BF% at 42% and their ultrasound (which I trust more) had it at 33%. So that's better news already! :-)

Stephanie, stalk away! LOL I can't imagine how I will lose weight with eating all this food, but he said I will.

Becky

That's good Becky.
    <3 You have to eat to lose. That's the mistake we make..eating below the BMR and netting so few calories. The body adjusts itself down to that level..it's called homeostasis , I think.
    What are your macros set to?

<3 Marie.. I agree that we have to keep searching for the right mix of nutrition for our bodies.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Marie-Thats wonderful that you have devised a plan, you have really been trying hard to find that perfect combination. Are you still eating beans? Dont feel bad about using canned goods, it is a convenience and now they have low sodium, low sugar or sugar free. Whats this chili spread your talking about? I like sweet potatoes better than pumpkin. You could always buy whole sweet potatoes and microwave or bake them. But I agree opening a can is faster. You are so inspirational to do this site for over 7 years and still working at it.

I just changed up my macros to carbs : 30%, fat:40%, protein:30% and I kept my calories the same at 1490. Thats alittle higher than what I originally started with on calories I think. I need to check, but I did vary it some, never 1200, that wasnt enough for me everyday. What is everyone else doing about calories and macros? If thats not to personal.

Thanks Esther for starting the new group, I didnt realize that it was 20 weeks till Thanksgiving. That seems do able, last year I did a Christmas Challenge, that I started at the end of July and got my 20lbs a week before.

Becky, I am so happy you got a personal trainer, I'm sure they will get you losing again. We are similar in stats I noticed, in the Thanksgiving intros. I have no idea what my body fat is, I guess mine might be similar to yours. I know you are happy it was smaller than you thought it was. Good luck with your new plan.

Hi everyone, have a good day. Janice