Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge - Hufflepuff

Options

Replies

• t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    So far this week i've been pretty lame on the challenges. I did however walk on the treadmill for awhile tonight. I would never do that before because it seems like such a waste when I could burn so much more on the elliptical! But I was able to read my book during, so it was nice.

As for the food...hmm...I would say one of my biggest cravings is golden oreos. They are DELICIOUS. I'm gonna have to buy some and work on eating 1 or 2 at a time :sad:
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    helllooooo :happy: sorry ive been busy, im in the midst of exams right now. had one this afternoon and it went as well as i could have hoped. only one more exam on monday then I AM DONE with my first year of college! weeeeeeee. im so homesick right now :blushing: my dad called to chat on wednesday, bless him, and said he and mum might come up to see me tomorrow and go out to dinner or something! so got that to look forward to tomorrow - ill try and eat as best as i can there.

food hasnt been great this week, ive been stress eating/binging on occasion.. my sleeping habits are so messed up due to cramming and all nighters. i got to sleep at about 5am this morning till about 10:30am. im so tired now, but im gonna stick it out as best i can so i can sleep tonight :smile: my body thinks afternoon time, like now, is morning time. need to fix that!!

i might get a head start today in packing to keep me busy, awake and for some exercise. ill get some music blasting and rock it out :laugh:

t_rog - oreos are my FAVE biscuits. golden ones?! what are they and where can i get them??

sundance - i have a sugar problem too. real sweet tooth. let us know how yoga goes!

aab - good for you, doing c25k! im interested in doing it myself. how did you find it?

darthwein - im happy that you are happy! have fun camping. those lil babies in your ticker are so cute :heart:

monocot - thank you for checking in :) 8 lbs to go? lucky you! ive not been doing well so far, im still 17 to go, which was my original target. my net loss is 0! bah.
  • Tamelaine
    Tamelaine Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm so sorry I didn't record my weight for this week on Sunday. I haven't even been able to get on the computer until now! Between friends having emergencies I had to help them with and my daughter's second birthday party and my other daughter's school, things have been utterly crazy!
    So I weighed today--165.4. I'm on my period so I'm hoping I lose again after it's over.
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    aab - good for you, doing c25k! im interested in doing it myself. how did you find it?

@ JD92 - I was snooping around different MFP threads and found a few on C25K. I then used the below website for the weekly training program.
    http://www.c25k.com/c25k_treadmill.html

This program was perfect for a non-runner like myself. Completing this was very rewarding for me. I'm now starting "One Hour Runner" progam. Same training program format as C25K; 10 weeks to get to a 1 hour run.

I recommend it to everyone! Good luck, JD92!!
  • beckey24
    beckey24 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Checking in early as I am headed for vacation. I maintained this week at 292.
  • JD92
    Options
    im not expecting anything good tomorrow. with exam stress and sleeping habits the way they are, ive been eating too much and sitting on my *kitten* to much with studying. i go home on monday - YAY - and im gonna get back on track. ive still got 17 pounds till my goal for July 14th, and if i work hard in June i might be able to do it!

and, oh gosh, im watching the end of Remember Me. its the saddest movie ending ever and i cry every time i watch it :(
  • TheOnlyMe
    TheOnlyMe Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi,

I would like to join?? How can I do this or is the entry closed now?? New to MFP so not sure how this all works??

xx
  • wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Options
    198 same as last week well at least it's not a gain :smile: apparently our scales aren't right as they show different amounts to the hospital ones so will be getting new ones soon, no idea if will make a difference to my weight or not, hopefully will mean I weigh less :tongue:
  • lipe44
    lipe44 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    146!!! 2 pounds down :)
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Check in for today... 133.8 lbs!!!! (I had been at 133.0 yesterday morning, but after the day of feasting on pizza, cookie cake, and ice cream for my son's 3rd birthday my weigh-in wasn't as good today. Considering that I went to sleep last night at 135.2 and woke up this morning at 133.8...I'd call that a GREAT SUCCESS!!

5/1: 139.2
    5/8: 138.8
    5/15: 136.8
    5/22: 134.8
    5/29: 133.8
    Goal by 7/14: 128-130
  • aab1
    Options
    5/01: 213
    5/08: 209
    5/15: 207
    5/22: 209
    5/29: 205
    6/05:
    6/12:
    6/19:
    6/26:
    7/03:
    7/10:
    Final weight 7/14:

7/14 GW: 191

4th week loss = 4lbs

Phew...lost the water gain from last weekend's sun burn.

My family & I have begun watching the HP movies; getting ready for July's release. Sorcerer's Stone was yesterday; Chamber of Secrets today. They're so young in the first movie; how adorable!
  • aab1
    Options
    Hi,
    I would like to join?? How can I do this or is the entry closed now?? New to MFP so not sure how this all works??
    xx

@TheOnlyMe - Sorry, but this & the other "Harry Potter" threads are closed groups.
  • vitacat
    vitacat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It's been a frustrating week and I have to report no change!
    I've stuck close to 1200 every day and haven't done anything naughty so I'm going to step up to 1300 for a few days to see if that makes a difference.
    Here's to next week everyone :) x
  • VanesMarie88
    Options
    LW: 162.2

CW: 161.4

Probably coulda been higher but TOM came to visit recently :( UGH! but a loss is a loss
  • eeyorelvr09
    eeyorelvr09 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone. I hope everyone has enjoyed their Memorial Day weekend so far. I will be honest. I have been eating like I used to, not caring what I ate, but less bc my stomach can't hold as much. I am still down from last weeks weigh-in.but up 1.8 lbs from my weight loss over the past week. IMHO, that's not too shabby. Don't worry, I will not make this a habit. Without further ado, here is my weigh in for this week.

CW: 210.0
    GW:205
  • DEgal99
    DEgal99 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Checking in at 173.4 today!

A loss of 1.2 lbs!
  • JD92
    Options
    well done everybody!

guess what... we have only 7 more weighins after today and that means.. its only 6 weeks and 4 days until Deathly Hallows PT2 comes out!! :love: :drinker: :noway:

what are your plans for the big day? dinner then the movie? a HP themed part-ay? will you be dressing up as your favourite character, in your Hogwarts uniform best, or as Dobby perhaps? who are you going with? i want DETAILS!

im in Florida on the big day, so if i can wangle it i may go to Harry Potter World that day or at least the day before (it'll be crazy there!!). ill have to beg the parents :happy: i really want to buy a wand and a scarf/hoodie/tshirt of any kind to wear to the movie. ill most likely just be going with my sister, i doubt my parents will go but if they want, thats fine.
  • JD92
    Options
    i just LOVE this new poster. Neville is gonna be so kick *kitten*!!!

untitled-2.jpg

i just noticed on it, its says the 15th of july, rather than the 14th. ?? im okay with that, gives me extra time to get to HP World!!
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Well hello everyone... any one there??? hello... HHHH EEEEE LLLLLLLLLLL OOOOO (echo)
    how has the week gone? anyone tried anything new? Done anything exciting this week? How is your food doing?

Me not so great. I did but some fruit pops and did not buy the normal rocky road ice cream, but I still can not get away from all that sugar. I have tried walking away with a glass of water, BuT, I always go back and eat it anyways... :explode: How do I stop this???

I tried yoga this week and I am not sure about it. I think it is to slow for me... :yawn: I just felt like come on already lets go... I will try it again and give it a fair go.

Good luck everyone.

Not sure what type if yoga you tried, but know I have been to some real sleepers. I would suggest trying other classes - and or instructors. Bikram, ashtanga or vinyasa flow classes tend to be a better work out other gentle or gym yoga classes.

Good luck.
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    One pound down this week.

CW - 164