Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Confession: That last post left me feeling really sad.
    I think about the posts on Craigslist where 'oilfield sugar daddies' ask for drug and disease free, height weight proportioned, homeless, young women to move in with them for food and shelter in return for sexual favors.
    Because they KNOW that women out there with degrees or trade school certifications can barely afford to live out of their car on the minimum wage they are making at BOTH of their jobs in that area right now.
    It's depressing to think that there were too few jobs out there asking for or that required a bachelors degree because they knew they didn't need someone with that amount of education and why bother paying someone with a degree what they deserve.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Truth: The photo is correct. There are not enough positions out there that require or ask for the degree that you have worked so hard for.

Some companies will not hire you if you have a degree and they do not require one because they assume you will expect more money for your efforts. Why should they pay you more for getting something they didn't ask for when they can pay someone else half of what you want and that poor person can go out and find their second job for what the first one doesn't cover?

My now-ex-husband experienced this first hand when he applied to fast food restaurants just to try and help me. He never even got an interview.

Confession: I believe that getting a degree shouldn't cost so much or take so long. I shouldn't have to waste my time to take a set of 4th year second language courses to obtain a degree in a mathematical based field.

MATH IS MY SECOND LANGUAGE!! :rage:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Confession: I know it's the middle of the night for most of you but I feel like I killed the thread. :sweat:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Confession: My heart goes out to those in Louisiana right now. :heartbreak:
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I feel like I shouldn't comment on America's secondary education system, health system, and gun laws, because it will come off as SUPER judgy.

Australia may not be as lucky as it used to be, but it's moments like these that I feel very lucky to be Australian indeed.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I feel like I shouldn't comment on America's secondary education system, health system, and gun laws, because it will come off as SUPER judgy.

Australia may not be as lucky as it used to be, but it's moments like these that I feel very lucky to be Australian indeed.

Be proud! Despite it's semi-horribleness right now, I am still proud to be an American. We're still fairly young, we'll figure things out eventually. :smiley:
  • BodyByBex
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Confession: I am proud of myself, where I have come from, and what I have accomplished so far in life. It seems like so little sometimes, but compared to others, I am very lucky/blessed.

ETA: Confession: I got called 'such a good daughter' today by 3 different people. Only ONE of those people was actually one of my parents/relatives. And I LOVED it! :grin:

ETA: Confession: I prefer the 'grin' face over the 'smiley' face. Is that weird?
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @Italian_Buju - what are the six kinds of cheese in your refrigerator? I currently have cottage, cream, shredded Colby-jack, mozzarella, parmesan and Kraft singles for my boys to make grilled cheese for their lunches. I ate a piece of that yesterday between my toast and scrambled egg whites for breakfast because I am tragically out of Swiss and provolone.

There are things we agree on, let's talk about those. :)

I think it was me that said I have 6 kinds of cheese - when I go to list them, it's actually more.

I have:

Canadian Cheddar
    Marble
    Laughing cow
    Cream cheese
    Cottage cheese
    A nice chunk of Parmesan
    Cheese slices for my husband
    Mozzarella
    Swiss
    Baby Bel Gouda
    Thunder Oak Gouda ( thunder oak is a local cheese farm)
    Havarti
    Armstrong herb and garlic cheese snacks ( I think they are cheddar based)

We like cheese. :)
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    It's 4:20 am and I'm a little annoyed I'm up. I'm crampy and my husband is snoring. I'm going to be tired later.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I suck at baking but I'm very good at eating and cleaning up afterwards!

Haha!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @Italian_Buju - what are the six kinds of cheese in your refrigerator? I currently have cottage, cream, shredded Colby-jack, mozzarella, parmesan and Kraft singles for my boys to make grilled cheese for their lunches. I ate a piece of that yesterday between my toast and scrambled egg whites for breakfast because I am tragically out of Swiss and provolone.

There are things we agree on, let's talk about those. :)

I think it was me that said I have 6 kinds of cheese - when I go to list them, it's actually more.

I have:

Canadian Cheddar
    Marble
    Laughing cow
    Cream cheese
    Cottage cheese
    A nice chunk of Parmesan
    Cheese slices for my husband
    Mozzarella
    Swiss
    Baby Bel Gouda
    Thunder Oak Gouda ( thunder oak is a local cheese farm)
    Havarti
    Armstrong herb and garlic cheese snacks ( I think they are cheddar based)

We like cheese. :)

Confession: I want a day where I can use up all my calories on just cheese and not be hungry afterwards... Oh I miss cheese....

Confession: When I get home I'm going to force fit some cheese into my calories for the day.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Really not happy with the turn this thread has taken.
  • Glinda1971
    Options

It'll be better today. :)
  • BodyByBex
    Options

We've overcome multiple things in this thread. It's how we made it to almost 1350 pages!

Today will be brighter as we decide to shine together despite our differences. So get the shades out. :sunglasses:
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Just got home from leg day. Pretty sure I won't be able to walk tomorrow. But I squatted 75 and deadlifted 85!! Both of those are over half my body weight! Yay!

Oooh... you are Super Great!

Leg Day for me today... I can't maintain consistent squat form to save my life, and I refuse to increase my lift until I get the bugs ironed out, it's very frustrating... but I'm still rather conscious of my glutes right now.

@Italian_Buju hope the weight machines went well... and the Quest bar... not sure about working out after one of those, they tend to sit in my stomach like an indigestible lump for quite a while.

The Quest Bar was good! Better than I expected! I had the chocolate peanut butter today, and it was 180 calories, 20g protein and 20g fibre....and it only had two net carbs since 20 of them are fibre and another 5 were sugar alcohols.....I literally could eat one of these and need next to no insulin! I am thrilled I found these yesterday!

The weight machines went well, although she did not feel I was not working hard enough at my current weights and increased nearly all of them......and then change my cardio to add an incline for one minute on two minutes off, and then told me to go one minute on one off, as soon as I can.... :|

I am pretty sure she is trying to kill me, lol, I left the Y feeling like I was having a heart attack today, BUT it did go away after a while, so I suppose I will survive. She said she wants to see me in two months time.....if I survive that long :p

Oooh, so much good stuff in your post! I like Quest bars for the protein/fiber double win, since I need high fiber.

Yep, a workout should feel like you worked at it. Sometimes I wish I had a trainer pushing me, I'm probably not working to capacity.
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Confession: I drink a fair amount of Crystal Light and I never, ever log it. I treat it like a diet soda, even though it does have some calories.

Meh - I wouldn't log it either.

Oh - that's another good word for the pronunciation question: EYE-ther or EE-ther?
    Eether!
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Okay, as another word comparison, how do you say batteries?

Bat-trees or (the correct way lol) batter-ees ?

DEFINITELY batter-ees!!! Bat-trees is just weird.

It is! I have an uncle that says it that way and it really bothers me. Now I think he does it just to bug the rest of us.

This reminds me that my husband will mispronounce things on purpose just to annoy me. He says stuff like 'antibeeotic' or 'vittamins'. I ignored it for years and when I snapped he was like "Finally!". He's a big jerk, btw.
    My boyfriend does the same thing. Then again, I like to frustrate him, too. The other day I was arguing quite seriously that the spinal chord is a big muscle and bones don't grow in our backs ("That's why some people are paralyzed when they damage their spines! If it were a bone the doctor would be able to set it back and it would fix itself... duh!"). My motive was to annoy him. Kind of makes me sound a little bit evil, doesn't it?
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Confession: I drink a fair amount of Crystal Light and I never, ever log it. I treat it like a diet soda, even though it does have some calories.

Meh - I wouldn't log it either.

Oh - that's another good word for the pronunciation question: EYE-ther or EE-ther?
    Eether!
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Okay, as another word comparison, how do you say batteries?

Bat-trees or (the correct way lol) batter-ees ?

DEFINITELY batter-ees!!! Bat-trees is just weird.

It is! I have an uncle that says it that way and it really bothers me. Now I think he does it just to bug the rest of us.

This reminds me that my husband will mispronounce things on purpose just to annoy me. He says stuff like 'antibeeotic' or 'vittamins'. I ignored it for years and when I snapped he was like "Finally!". He's a big jerk, btw.
    My boyfriend does the same thing. Then again, I like to frustrate him, too. The other day I was arguing quite seriously that the spinal chord is a big muscle and bones don't grow in our backs ("That's why some people are paralyzed when they damage their spines! If it were a bone the doctor would be able to set it back and it would fix itself... duh!"). My motive was to annoy him. Kind of makes me sound a little bit evil, doesn't it?

That made me laugh out loud. Did he start to believe you at all?
    "Dude, what are you talking about?! Are you serious? The spine is a bunch of bones! You SERIOUSLY think it's a big muscle?!" I think he did :lol: I've believed him many times during one of his trolling sessions... and I get pretty annoyed. Can't believe I keep falling for it!

This is hilarious!!!
    For the record, though: The spinal cord is actually a long bundle of nerves that I wish we knew how to fix once it's severed. The spine is a bunch of bones and we do really well at repairing them surgically these days. And the whole enchilada is protected by the latisimus dorsi muscles. THAT'S why I want mine strong. (and can you tell I have been studying up for an ICD-10 test. All of our diagnosis coding is about to change.

Edit to spell spinal cord correctly. Chords are for music. And to confess that I am a spelling Nazi.

Well, you make a very good case for working the lats. I'll definitely keep that in mind.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    1 scoop salted caramel (car-ml) ice cream
    1 scoop lemon ice box pie ice cream
    2 glasses chardonnay

It's what's for dinner!

And there's nothing wrong with that in this heat. I have to admit, I would take pistachio over salted caramel though...
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Yeah, well, you are not the only one. I am so sickened by the lack of moral compass of some of the posts last night that I am awake two hours before my alarm because I was dreaming about it.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Umm, there aren't enough CEOs making that much money to make up the difference for every entry level employee to make $15/hr AND give the currently mid-level and lower management people comparable wages. There are overpaid CEOs. Mine is not one of them and in fact is one of the nicest men I know. But even if there were enough of them, you didn't accuse them of looking down at the people who cook and clean and mow for them. You accused people whom I suspect are a lot like me, slogging in the middle class, cooking most of my own food, cleaning my own house, and mowing my own lawn of maybe paying my own teens to do it.

I'm sure you didn't mean to make us feel judged and I appreciate your passion for the less fortunate. (by the way, I do try to help them directly by volunteering my time to a free medical clinic and a few other things that make a practical difference to them.)

P.S. I have this thought that things would improve here if we had term limits and if anyone who left elected office or a high level bureaucratic job for one of those high paying jobs had to surrender their government pension completely and pay a 50% tax for the first 5 years if they or their company attempt to lobby government in any way. We sell access to the highest bidder and that's a damned shame. (for instance, the Treasury Secretary shouldn't be able to work for any bank or hedge fund for 5 years after he leaves office. The job comes with a pension and there is too much inside knowledge for working in the banking industry not to give the bank he or she works for a competitive advantage.)

In the beginning, these congressional and secretarial government *kitten*(Sorry Susie) weren't even supposed to GET PAID! It was a VOLUNTARY POSITION for the betterment of the country and after they had served they were supposed to go BACK TO THEIR REGULAR JOBS.

Obviously some people took advantage of their position at some point and changed things and now they serve 2 freaking years and get a $250,000/yr pension! But we can't get proper medical care to our military veterans, our government can't afford to give its citizens free healthcare, or tuition free state run colleges. BUT WE CAN TOTALLY AFFORD TO GIVE JOE SHMOE WHO WENT TO HARVARD, GOT A LAW DEGREE AND GOT INTO THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES A QUARTER MILLION DOLLAR PENSION FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE EVEN THOUGH HE ONLY SHOWED UP TO WORK 1/3 OF THE TIME!

/end rant

ETA: Grammar and punctuation. Though there may still be some. A little bit of passion got in the way.

and this

@Italian_Buju I am an American and I feel that wealth tips too heavily toward too few who currently dominate our government. It's a sort of 'heir' system. If you look closely, many of the people in our congress or senate all seem to come from the same wealthy families. The power will sadly stay with these same rich families who pass their seat to the next child in line to help them keep all of their money.

I have worked as a waitress and a bartender making $2.13 an hour plus tips. I had to report the amount I made based on a percentage of my sales. There were nights when I got tipped so little I walked out with no money made and still owing the restaurant money to pay taxes on what I 'should have made' based on my sales.

I was married, and I was the only one working to keep the household afloat. My husband couldn't find a reasonably paying safe job with his Master's degree. I worked 65 hours a week and was trying to go to school. I didn't make it through school and I still owe $2,200 in student loans.

Where we lived had something to do with it. It was Odessa, TX and with the oil boom came people willing to risk their lives/limbs for some short term large sums of money. With the flood of that money from a few big companies(Weatherford, Haliburton) willing to pay large amounts for a short period of time, came the raising of prices for everything. The prices of homes, cars, food, everything except the minimum wage of the normal everyday worker.

They asked for more because they knew they could and people would just accept it and pay it because those that could afford it at the time didn't care and those that couldn't afford it also couldn't afford to move and go live somewhere else. It sucked.
    Confession: I know it's the middle of the night for most of you but I feel like I killed the thread. :sweat:

It's time for me to go to work, but I AM NOT MAD at you or @Italian_Buju or anyone else. Today is the Friday Fast in my religious world. I'm fasting and praying for the return of love to the world. If we loved like God loved us, the problems would solve themselves.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Umm, there aren't enough CEOs making that much money to make up the difference for every entry level employee to make $15/hr AND give the currently mid-level and lower management people comparable wages. There are overpaid CEOs. Mine is not one of them and in fact is one of the nicest men I know. But even if there were enough of them, you didn't accuse them of looking down at the people who cook and clean and mow for them. You accused people whom I suspect are a lot like me, slogging in the middle class, cooking most of my own food, cleaning my own house, and mowing my own lawn of maybe paying my own teens to do it.

I'm sure you didn't mean to make us feel judged and I appreciate your passion for the less fortunate. (by the way, I do try to help them directly by volunteering my time to a free medical clinic and a few other things that make a practical difference to them.)

P.S. I have this thought that things would improve here if we had term limits and if anyone who left elected office or a high level bureaucratic job for one of those high paying jobs had to surrender their government pension completely and pay a 50% tax for the first 5 years if they or their company attempt to lobby government in any way. We sell access to the highest bidder and that's a damned shame. (for instance, the Treasury Secretary shouldn't be able to work for any bank or hedge fund for 5 years after he leaves office. The job comes with a pension and there is too much inside knowledge for working in the banking industry not to give the bank he or she works for a competitive advantage.)

In the beginning, these congressional and secretarial government *kitten*(Sorry Susie) weren't even supposed to GET PAID! It was a VOLUNTARY POSITION for the betterment of the country and after they had served they were supposed to go BACK TO THEIR REGULAR JOBS.

Obviously some people took advantage of their position at some point and changed things and now they serve 2 freaking years and get a $250,000/yr pension! But we can't get proper medical care to our military veterans, our government can't afford to give its citizens free healthcare, or tuition free state run colleges. BUT WE CAN TOTALLY AFFORD TO GIVE JOE SHMOE WHO WENT TO HARVARD, GOT A LAW DEGREE AND GOT INTO THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES A QUARTER MILLION DOLLAR PENSION FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE EVEN THOUGH HE ONLY SHOWED UP TO WORK 1/3 OF THE TIME!

/end rant

ETA: Grammar and punctuation. Though there may still be some. A little bit of passion got in the way.

and this

@Italian_Buju I am an American and I feel that wealth tips too heavily toward too few who currently dominate our government. It's a sort of 'heir' system. If you look closely, many of the people in our congress or senate all seem to come from the same wealthy families. The power will sadly stay with these same rich families who pass their seat to the next child in line to help them keep all of their money.

I have worked as a waitress and a bartender making $2.13 an hour plus tips. I had to report the amount I made based on a percentage of my sales. There were nights when I got tipped so little I walked out with no money made and still owing the restaurant money to pay taxes on what I 'should have made' based on my sales.

I was married, and I was the only one working to keep the household afloat. My husband couldn't find a reasonably paying safe job with his Master's degree. I worked 65 hours a week and was trying to go to school. I didn't make it through school and I still owe $2,200 in student loans.

Where we lived had something to do with it. It was Odessa, TX and with the oil boom came people willing to risk their lives/limbs for some short term large sums of money. With the flood of that money from a few big companies(Weatherford, Haliburton) willing to pay large amounts for a short period of time, came the raising of prices for everything. The prices of homes, cars, food, everything except the minimum wage of the normal everyday worker.

They asked for more because they knew they could and people would just accept it and pay it because those that could afford it at the time didn't care and those that couldn't afford it also couldn't afford to move and go live somewhere else. It sucked.

It's time for me to go to work, but I AM NOT MAD at you or @Italian_Buju or anyone else. Today is the Friday Fast in my religious world. I'm fasting and praying for the return of love to the world. If we loved like God loved us, the problems would solve themselves.

Me too. (see bolded)

Especially after the shooting in Louisiana. I mean, I understand if you want to kill yourself and your cries for help weren't heard but do you REALLY need to take other people with you or were you just bored? Unfortunately, since he shot himself we will never know. :disappointed:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I CONFESS, I JUST FOUND OUT MY MOMMY IS COMING HOME FOR THE WEEKEND AND I AM GOING TO DRINK ALL OF MY CALORIES WITH HER!!!!

Sorry for the caps but I AM SO EXCITED!!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: