Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I CONFESS, I JUST FOUND OUT MY MOMMY IS COMING HOME FOR THE WEEKEND AND I AM GOING TO DRINK ALL OF MY CALORIES WITH HER!!!!

Sorry for the caps but I AM SO EXCITED!!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Alright that is IT! I've HAD IT! I'm filling this thread with some LOVE!

ceydvt5glme0.jpg

moou9wmy7kot.jpg

qxisue25z8qf.jpg

Note: I love ferrets. :heart:

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I CONFESS, I JUST FOUND OUT MY MOMMY IS COMING HOME FOR THE WEEKEND AND I AM GOING TO DRINK ALL OF MY CALORIES WITH HER!!!!

Sorry for the caps but I AM SO EXCITED!!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Yay!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Umm, there aren't enough CEOs making that much money to make up the difference for every entry level employee to make $15/hr AND give the currently mid-level and lower management people comparable wages. There are overpaid CEOs. Mine is not one of them and in fact is one of the nicest men I know. But even if there were enough of them, you didn't accuse them of looking down at the people who cook and clean and mow for them. You accused people whom I suspect are a lot like me, slogging in the middle class, cooking most of my own food, cleaning my own house, and mowing my own lawn of maybe paying my own teens to do it.

I'm sure you didn't mean to make us feel judged and I appreciate your passion for the less fortunate. (by the way, I do try to help them directly by volunteering my time to a free medical clinic and a few other things that make a practical difference to them.)

P.S. I have this thought that things would improve here if we had term limits and if anyone who left elected office or a high level bureaucratic job for one of those high paying jobs had to surrender their government pension completely and pay a 50% tax for the first 5 years if they or their company attempt to lobby government in any way. We sell access to the highest bidder and that's a damned shame. (for instance, the Treasury Secretary shouldn't be able to work for any bank or hedge fund for 5 years after he leaves office. The job comes with a pension and there is too much inside knowledge for working in the banking industry not to give the bank he or she works for a competitive advantage.)

In the beginning, these congressional and secretarial government *kitten*(Sorry Susie) weren't even supposed to GET PAID! It was a VOLUNTARY POSITION for the betterment of the country and after they had served they were supposed to go BACK TO THEIR REGULAR JOBS.

Obviously some people took advantage of their position at some point and changed things and now they serve 2 freaking years and get a $250,000/yr pension! But we can't get proper medical care to our military veterans, our government can't afford to give its citizens free healthcare, or tuition free state run colleges. BUT WE CAN TOTALLY AFFORD TO GIVE JOE SHMOE WHO WENT TO HARVARD, GOT A LAW DEGREE AND GOT INTO THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES A QUARTER MILLION DOLLAR PENSION FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE EVEN THOUGH HE ONLY SHOWED UP TO WORK 1/3 OF THE TIME!

/end rant

ETA: Grammar and punctuation. Though there may still be some. A little bit of passion got in the way.

and this

@Italian_Buju I am an American and I feel that wealth tips too heavily toward too few who currently dominate our government. It's a sort of 'heir' system. If you look closely, many of the people in our congress or senate all seem to come from the same wealthy families. The power will sadly stay with these same rich families who pass their seat to the next child in line to help them keep all of their money.

I have worked as a waitress and a bartender making $2.13 an hour plus tips. I had to report the amount I made based on a percentage of my sales. There were nights when I got tipped so little I walked out with no money made and still owing the restaurant money to pay taxes on what I 'should have made' based on my sales.

I was married, and I was the only one working to keep the household afloat. My husband couldn't find a reasonably paying safe job with his Master's degree. I worked 65 hours a week and was trying to go to school. I didn't make it through school and I still owe $2,200 in student loans.

Where we lived had something to do with it. It was Odessa, TX and with the oil boom came people willing to risk their lives/limbs for some short term large sums of money. With the flood of that money from a few big companies(Weatherford, Haliburton) willing to pay large amounts for a short period of time, came the raising of prices for everything. The prices of homes, cars, food, everything except the minimum wage of the normal everyday worker.

They asked for more because they knew they could and people would just accept it and pay it because those that could afford it at the time didn't care and those that couldn't afford it also couldn't afford to move and go live somewhere else. It sucked.
    Confession: I know it's the middle of the night for most of you but I feel like I killed the thread. :sweat:

It's time for me to go to work, but I AM NOT MAD at you or @Italian_Buju or anyone else. Today is the Friday Fast in my religious world. I'm fasting and praying for the return of love to the world. If we loved like God loved us, the problems would solve themselves.

The irony of this post is not lost on me. SMH.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

Yay!!

Gosh I'm so excited. After this shift tonight I'm going to clean the whole house for her so she doesn't have to lift a FINGER while she's here unless she wants to pour her own wine. :lol:

Clarification: My mother's residence is our home in Bastrop, TX(where I live), but she's been living with my cousin Sheri in Ana, TX for the time being. My cousin Sheri is currently fighting her THIRD battle with breast cancer and the cancer appears to be losing, AGAIN! It apparently just doesn't seem to know to STAY GONE!

The downside is I, as a nightshifter, have to periodically run low on sleep to take care of the needs of the household of dayshifters(my dog, Dad, and Uncle). My father has just gotten his Naturalization paperwork. He was born in Mexico to two U.S. citizens and served 20 years in the U.S. Navy and it took us over TWO YEARS to get certified copies. So hopefully he will be able to get a driver's license soon and then I can sleep peacefully throughout the day not wondering if my father is out driving around with an expired Washington State driver's license.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I suck at baking but I'm very good at eating and cleaning up afterwards!
    I love to bake but I hate cleaning up messes. :( I was so jealous of Mrs. Weasley in Harry Potter. All she had to do was wave her wand and the dishes would clean themselves!!! Where is that in my life :(
    I love to bake but I hate cleaning up messes. :( I was so jealous of Mrs. Weasley in Harry Potter. All she had to do was wave her wand and the dishes would clean themselves!!! Where is that in my life :(

I have always wanted Rosie the Robot from the Jetsons cartoon, but a magic wand would also work for me.

Yes! Or at least have her oven that can pop out whatever you want.

Or it would be fun to have the power of Samantha from Bewitched.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Except for crayon and coupon (q-pon), I pronounce each of those words interchangeably. I guess it depends on my mood or something.

I also randomly bust out with a fake British accent. :)

Doesn't every non-British person? I assume British people will bust out fake American or Canadian accents too.

I would think that is how Hugh Laurie got the role of House. Frequent random practice.

Whenever he was on a late night show my jaw dropped whenever I realized he was actually from England.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Except for crayon and coupon (q-pon), I pronounce each of those words interchangeably. I guess it depends on my mood or something.

I also randomly bust out with a fake British accent. :)

Doesn't every non-British person? I assume British people will bust out fake American or Canadian accents too.

I would think that is how Hugh Laurie got the role of House. Frequent random practice.

Whenever he was on a late night show my jaw dropped whenever I realized he was actually from England.

My sister was the one who said "You gotta watch this interview with Hugh Laurie!" I was like okay whatever... I went to sit in the chair as she hit play and I missed and fell on the floor! :lol:
    Like, REALLY?! He's from ENGLAND?! :astonished:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I feel like I shouldn't comment on America's secondary education system, health system, and gun laws, because it will come off as SUPER judgy.

Australia may not be as lucky as it used to be, but it's moments like these that I feel very lucky to be Australian indeed.

Be proud! Despite it's semi-horribleness right now, I am still proud to be an American. We're still fairly young, we'll figure things out eventually. :smiley:

This. I have a feeling that if we had been hanging out with the founders in Philadelphia, we'd have heard a lot of conversations like what happened here last night. It's okay to disagree. It's not okay to hold a grudge over it. We will figure it out. No system of government is perfect.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I feel like I shouldn't comment on America's secondary education system, health system, and gun laws, because it will come off as SUPER judgy.

Australia may not be as lucky as it used to be, but it's moments like these that I feel very lucky to be Australian indeed.

Be proud! Despite it's semi-horribleness right now, I am still proud to be an American. We're still fairly young, we'll figure things out eventually. :smiley:

This. I have a feeling that if we had been hanging out with the founders in Philadelphia, we'd have heard a lot of conversations like what happened here last night. It's okay to disagree. It's not okay to hold a grudge over it. We will figure it out. No system of government is perfect.

ln2644apbq3m.png

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Yay!!
    Have a great time!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @Italian_Buju - what are the six kinds of cheese in your refrigerator? I currently have cottage, cream, shredded Colby-jack, mozzarella, parmesan and Kraft singles for my boys to make grilled cheese for their lunches. I ate a piece of that yesterday between my toast and scrambled egg whites for breakfast because I am tragically out of Swiss and provolone.

There are things we agree on, let's talk about those. :)

I think it was me that said I have 6 kinds of cheese - when I go to list them, it's actually more.

I have:

Canadian Cheddar
    Marble
    Laughing cow
    Cream cheese
    Cottage cheese
    A nice chunk of Parmesan
    Cheese slices for my husband
    Mozzarella
    Swiss
    Baby Bel Gouda
    Thunder Oak Gouda ( thunder oak is a local cheese farm)
    Havarti
    Armstrong herb and garlic cheese snacks ( I think they are cheddar based)

We like cheese. :)

Oh, I love cheese! And I apologize for missing who posted about six kinds in the fridge. My brain doesn't hold names as well as I wish it did and I should have gone back and looked. I just didn't want to take the time. I am not good at it, but I do know when it's time to change the subject.

Gouda needs to go on my grocery list.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    It's 4:20 am and I'm a little annoyed I'm up. I'm crampy and my husband is snoring. I'm going to be tired later.

Ugh! Cramps are the worst. Feel better soon.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Whoo, so excited for you!

I'll keep your aunt in my prayers & good luck to your dad.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options

I have always wanted Rosie the Robot from the Jetsons cartoon, but a magic wand would also work for me.
    Yes! Also, wizards can make Liquid Luck. I would LOVE to get my hands on some of that.
    Confession: I am proud of myself, where I have come from, and what I have accomplished so far in life. It seems like so little sometimes, but compared to others, I am very lucky/blessed.

ETA: Confession: I got called 'such a good daughter' today by 3 different people. Only ONE of those people was actually one of my parents/relatives. And I LOVED it! :grin:

ETA: Confession: I prefer the 'grin' face over the 'smiley' face. Is that weird?
    I prefer the grin face over the smiley because I always felt like the smiley looks sarcastic... or passively angry. :smile: Does anyone else see this?

Also, I wanted to let you know that your posts made me smile! And those ferrets in sweaters are just so cute.

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Whoo, so excited for you!

I'll keep your aunt in my prayers & good luck to your dad.

+1

And I love the ferret pictures!!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I am SO tired. I was staying up last night watching some cringey compilation videos. Cringey as in it hurts to watch them because you feel so bad for the people in the video (why was I doing it to myself?). I had to take several breaks and in the end I felt like I died a little bit inside. One dude sent his wife away on vacation for a week so he could surprise her with a brand new AMAZING kitchen that he spent $60,000 on. First thing she says? "I hate that color." UNREAL. Instead of commenting on the two stoves she always wanted, she got mad at him for not changing a LIGHTBULB of all things. He worked to make her happy all week and the only things she could do were insult him and nitpick. That video was less cringey and more infuriating.

I don't know why I'm saying all this..... guess the video really stuck with me? :lol: Kindness is important!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    This week, man. I'm now 49 pages behind.

Goal: Finish the last (10-12 page, but I have 2 written!) paper for my current class AND catch-up on this thread today. I'm off from work, so it's do-able! I also want to hit the gym and then go to Kohl's because I'm running out of clothes that fit properly. Billowy shirts drive me bonkers. ;)
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Can't believe I forgot to tell you all this!!
    Remember my special needs boy who almost missed his exam and you all talked me down when I was freaking out about it?! He passed!! That means he's graduated high school, so we are all very, very happy and relieved.

@raelynnsmama52512 - This is the boy who at 3 was assessed and had virtually no language (receptive or expressive), plus a bunch of other learning issues, and at 15 was diagnosed on the autistic spectrum. He now has a girlfriend and a little circle of good friends, and has now graduated from the regular school program. I would never in my wildest dreams imagined he would be at this point when he was very young. Stick with it and I'm sure she'll surprise you.
    (Now he has to get a job!!)

Yayyyy Tubbs' son!
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! TGIF! I'll be so glad to be done with work. I'm staying out of this thread because I'm in a funk and terribly crabby and I can just go Grumpy Cat off in the corner by myself ;)

But I hope everyone has a great weekend!