Replies

• tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Day 6

1) Beach walk
    2) 1.5 hours
    3) 340 calories burned
    4) nice little stroll on the beach nothing grand. went with my mum in law :0) beautiful view

1) Swimming Laps
    2) 30 minutes
    3) 220 calories burned
    5) Loved it! felt great.. I love water! i am comfortable in it. had to jump in and do some laps after the booze i drank earlier. not to much burnage today. but it's something :0) happy memorial day. hope everyone had a great one
  • ColaSoBless
    ColaSoBless Posts: 31
    Options
    Day 3 And 4

1) Dance Work Out By Wii
    2) 60 Minutes
    3) 560 Calories Burned
    4) Felt So Energized
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Day 7 (Monday)....wooohoooo 1/3 of the way done and it has been a whole week and I can't believe I didn't miss a day!!!! Awesome!!!!!
    1. What: 55 minutes of walk/ jog with 5 minute jog intervals 5 mph
    2. Duration: 55 minutes
    3. Calories:320 or so
    4. How I felt: Really great. Sweat was pouring, heart was beating along nicely, and instead of gasping for air I felt strong. Today I felt like a runner again and very proud of myself.

So the activity so far at 1 week check in: work days seem harder for me, days off are easier to get moving, but either way I am so happy to see all of the different activities everybody is doing. I hope this thread keeps going as it is a great motivator. What a fabulous idea! See you tomorrow with a hike and possibly p 90x ( I am chicken so this may wait another week).
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Day #4:
    1/2 hour bike ride - burned 268 calories
    25 minutes mowing lawn - burned 191 calories
    20 minute walk with baby stroller - about 80 calories
    Felt pretty darn good.

Day #5 - didn't work out...was overcast and afraid to leave picnic area with baby while everyone else out kayaking...still - should have done something. After spending 7 hours outside with a baby - simply felt tired...

Day #6:
    90+ minutes kayaking: 350 calories burned (estimate)
    2 mile nature trail hike: 267 calories burned
    30 minute walk with Dog: 100 calories burned

Feel extremely exhausted...not good...just hot and tired....
    Today was my official weigh in day...was down more before the weekend ....only down .08 pounds today. :grumble:

Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend and got some good workouts in! :happy:

Lol think I could push your baby around in a stroller? Nice burn with some quality family time! Awesome! Your day 6 sounds impossible, but quite fun! I have not been kayaking in years, but remember that when I was done my arms were so shaky that is all I did for the day.
  • TobieGirl
    TobieGirl Posts: 15
    Options
    hehe - thanks! Day six was a bit much. Kayaking - if done right - is 80% ab work ;) It's went from 50 to 90 overnight where I live...hoping to get another long walk in with baby today.
    You are motivating! yes - we are 1/3 of the way there! keep up the good work everyone!
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Day #6 (5/30)

2 hours of weights (chest/triceps) and abs at the gym
    1290 calories burned

went right after work which is peak time at the gym. i remember why i never go at this time. i managed to find a spot to lift, but the place was crazy
    incline dumbbell press, incline close grip dumbbell press, cable crossover, pec deck machine, triceps cable pressdown, overhead extensions and then i did about a half hour of abs and stretching.
    it was a good workout overall. ran out of time for cardio so tonight i'll concentrate on that
  • hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Monday 5/30 -- Day 6
    Yoga -- 75 mins -- 284 calories on HRM; felt good
    Fast walk -- 60 mins -- 394 calories in HRM; felt great

Tuesday 5/31 -- Day 7
    5 Bootcamp -- 60 mins -- 468 calories on HRM; felt TIRED and LAZY (was at 6 am)
    Hot Yoga -- 75 minutes -- 422 calories on HRM; felt pretty good -- second yoga class ever!
  • BeCali
    BeCali Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Day 3- Friday
    Rollerblading for 30 mins (222 cal) - fantastic

Day 4 - Saturday
    Walk with stroller (35 lb toddler in it) for 30 min in hilly area (110 cal) - tiring - surely more than 110 cal

Day 5 - Sunday
    walk with stroller for 30 min 110 cal - great

Day 6 - Monday
    Day at beach
    Walk 20 mins to our spot & back again with gear
    played on beach with 3 yr old for day
    160 cal
    Great day

Day 7 - Tuesday
    Rock climbing 10 mins - 116 cal (on treadwall)
    rowing 25 mins - 220 cal
    Great workout although felt tired after a busy weekend

1/3 way through our challenge. I actually started 4 days earlier, so am on 14 days consecutive and it feels great.
  • Melinda1987
    Melinda1987 Posts: 130
    Options
    WOOOHOOOO!! 1 week down! 1/3 of the way to our goal! So I have a question.... if you weren't a daily exerciser b4 this, are you starting to feel the urge to exercise now? Like me are you waking up thinking "When will I exercise today?" Not "augh... I gotta exercise today..." I'm starting to look forward to it! In fact I'm upping mine from 30 mins to 45 this week and hoping I can do an hour for the last week of the challenge. My friend says the next step is actually MISSING it when you don't exercise. I want that!! I want a body that CRAVES getting up & moving! That's antsy to be in motion! Sick of this body that's been happy to have my *kitten* stuck in a chair... LET'S MOVE! :bigsmile:
  • hillview2
    hillview2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    WOOOHOOOO!! 1 week down! 1/3 of the way to our goal! So I have a question.... if you weren't a daily exerciser b4 this, are you starting to feel the urge to exercise now? Like me are you waking up thinking "When will I exercise today?" Not "augh... I gotta exercise today..." I'm starting to look forward to it! In fact I'm upping mine from 30 mins to 45 this week and hoping I can do an hour for the last week of the challenge. My friend says the next step is actually MISSING it when you don't exercise. I want that!! I want a body that CRAVES getting up & moving! That's antsy to be in motion! Sick of this body that's been happy to have my *kitten* stuck in a chair... LET'S MOVE! :bigsmile:

YES! Historically (in high school, college and after college for a while on and off) I am an athlete by nature. I have NOT worked out since I got pregnant with my first son who is about to be 6 so call it almost 7 years!! About 4 weeks ago I started working out in earnest doing a bootcamp class. About 2 weeks ago I decided to try to do double sessions. As of last week I started to plan my day around working out and eating. It is sort of insane but it is working. I find if I can workout 2x a day (even if one is just a walk or yoga) it does wonders for me and for weight loss and being able to eat a little more.

Anyway since you asked :)
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Day # 5:

1) What I did for exercise - Just Dance 2 with my hubby :love:

2) Duration - 40 minutes

3) Calories burned - 250 ish

4) How I felt - It was fun and entertaining! :) i love working out with another person! It was a lot of fun and a good workout at the same time. I work really hard to do the moves more than accuracy to get a better workout. I also did some wii fit and that was nice too.

Day # 6:

1) What I did for exercise - Zumba! :bigsmile:

2) Duration - 42 minutes

3) Calories burned - 230 ish

4) How I felt - i kept getting side stitch on the dance parts that do the swively moves but i love it because its all songs that i love! i feel super pooped yet somehow invigorated after finishing. I also like that even tho i am uncoordinated i can have fun because its in the privacy of my own home
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options

i do feel the urge to exercise but i also like to procrastinate which sux cuz i wait till the end of the day to get in my workout.. I love this challenge though it motivates me to exercise everyday. i love the exercising because it helps to keep my depression under control and relieve stress! I hope that i can get to the point where i jus get up exercise and not wait till the last minute.
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    DAY 6 (30/05)

1) What you did for exercise: 25mins Tae Bo workout DVD, 14 mins stretching, also did 20min Zumba in the evening
    2) Duration: 59mins
    3) Calories burned: 707
    4) How you felt: Really positive

DAY 7 (31/05)

1) What you did for exercise: 10min brisk walk, 10min on trampoline, 20min wii fit free jog & 20min Zumba
    2) Duration: 60mins
    3) Calories burned: 587
    4) How you felt: Tired but pleased as I wasn't really in the mood this evening
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Day 7

Insanity: Cardio Power & Resistance

40 minutes

458 calories burned

I felt really good and actually did another workout a few hours later. I didn't list which one though but I sweated just as much.
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Day # 5 (May 30):

1) What I did for exercise - n/a (I stink)

2) Duration - 0

3) Calories burned - 0

4) How I felt - Bad

Day # 6 (May 31):

1) What I did for exercise - Muay Thai; 60 crunches

2) Duration - 90 minutes

3) Calories burned - a lot. Muay Thai usually gets me 700+

4) How I felt - I am glad I finally got my butt back to class. I had been taking a lot of time off during my first round of Insanity.

Number of days I have exercised: 4/6
  • ColaSoBless
    Options
    Day 5

Elliptical Trainer

36 Minutes

367 Calories Burned

I Set The Machine For 45 Minutes But Couldn't Make It. God Will's There Will Be Another Day.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Day 7

Power Walking 20 min

150 calories

Really had to force this one today! Im starting to feel like certain days I dont have time to get in even a little work out. So I was proud of this little accomplishment.
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Day 7

1) semi jog on tredmil. 3 minutes walking @ 3.5 speed, 2 minutes jogging @ 5.5 speed consecutively on a 4.0
    Incline (4.3 miles)
    2) 1 hour
    3) 588 calories burned
    4) was dreading the tready, but 10 minutes into it, i startedto feel better. now im energized and ready for my dvd
    workout :0)

1) Cardio Max dvd from the biggest loser
    2) 55 minutes
    3) 603 calories burned
    4) feel freakin great man!!!!!!

1) dog walk
    2) 45 minutes
    3) 253 calories burned
    4) I feel good. bummeer though, no music or Jillian michaels pod cast on my walk. my ipod went for a swim in the stream when we were backpacking last Saturday :( I have it in a bowl of rice. in hopes of it completely drying and working again :/

1) Did Laps in pool (15 minutes of it was jumping off diving board and playing w/ nephew. not actual laps, but still
    swimming)
    2) 65 minutes
    3) 380 calories burned
    4) feel good.... swimming in the pool always mellows me out... good ending to a great day (I said i would kick my *kitten* from this booze filled weekend, and I stuck to my word) hehe
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Day 7:

Elliptical
    60 minutes
    1,082 calories burned
    I felt POWERFUL after the workout. I was watching the NBA Finals and the time just went by! And yes, I'm now looking forward to exercising daily! Thanks so much for this challenge. It's really adding "urgency" to my workout schedule.
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Day 8

Insanity: Plyometric Cardio Circuit

42 minutes

485 calories burned

I felt a bit sluggish during the workout but I managed to make it all the way. I was more tired than usual.