The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Just speak with a Hindi accent, putting your hands together in a prayer posture and tell them, "May you be blessed with the day you deserve." :smile:

:) People already think I'm odd enough...that sounds like a good idea. Kinda sneaky-like...I like it.

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Just speak with a Hindi accent, putting your hands together in a prayer posture and tell them, "May you be blessed with the day you deserve." :smile:

Do you do that? :smirk:

No, but I should. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Training another new employee. People, if you don't know if you can handle a euthanasia, then just say so. Don't witness one and then quit the next day.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Training another new employee. People, if you don't know if you can handle a euthanasia, then just say so. Don't witness one and then quit the next day.

I was there when Sandi was euthanized the whole time. I couldn't have left her there alone. She needed a kind friendly face. All animals do.

If I were a vet tech, that is what I would do. Ease them along with a kind smile to let them know that all will be well on the other side and that someday they will be met again by those they love. :heart:

Note: I miss Sandi. She was such a good dog. :cry:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Good dogs are because of good owners. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Did she think her entire job was going to be petting puppies and playing with kittens?
    I understand euthanasia is hard, I had to put my boxer down a couple years agi, and it was really hard, but surely she has to realize the job isn't all fun and games?

• jennifer_417
    Options
    So I discovered today that PlayBuzz has an app. Because I didn't already have enough things on my phone to waste time and/or kill brain cells.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    What's PlayBuzz?
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    SEASON 8 OF DR WHO IS FINALLY GONNA BE ON NETFLIX!!!! I just learned today; it was like a bday present from the universe.
    giphy.gif
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Is it just me or does the new Dr. Who take some getting used to?
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ** waves from Myrtle Beach **

Just popped in to catch up. I missed some awesome conversations :D

My vaca is over Saturday which means back to the grind Monday night. But I'll head back a married woman!! Woot woot!!
  • jennifer_417
    Options

I won't know until this weekend *spoilers*

• jennifer_417
    Options

My vaca is over Saturday which means back to the grind Monday night. But I'll head back a married woman!! Woot woot!!
    Congrats!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Is in-home euthunasia a thing? Our cat Sonny is getting old and of all the pets I've had...he hates being transported and being anywhere but home more than any other cat. If I end up having to euthanize him, I'd really appreciate that option...

I worked at a vet office when I was younger. I had to hold a dog once while he was being euthanized. It WAS sad but the dog was old and suffering. The hardest part was seeing the owner hand him over. Full grown man in tears over his buddy. I was raised on a farm though sooo....animals dying/being killed was part of life from an early age...
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options

Exciting!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Started off my "Monday" with some a-hole who booked two room (that were the lowest price) and then showing up demanding something else for the same price saying WE changed his reservations. No, cheap azz...you just didn't want to pay the FIVE dollar difference and now you are acting like a complete tool bag. Fun!
  • verbum35
    verbum35 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Last week I had 3 antibody patients in one night; last night I had one antibody patient, and two transfusion reactions to document. Pretty typical of this place - busy, busy, busy. Tonight I'm enjoying the downtime.

You had a bad week! Mostly just waiting for qc to finish tonight.

• verbum35
    verbum35 Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I won't know until this weekend *spoilers*
    No, it isn't just you. I hopeful for the next season...
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Is in-home euthunasia a thing? Our cat Sonny is getting old and of all the pets I've had...he hates being transported and being anywhere but home more than any other cat. If I end up having to euthanize him, I'd really appreciate that option...

I worked at a vet office when I was younger. I had to hold a dog once while he was being euthanized. It WAS sad but the dog was old and suffering. The hardest part was seeing the owner hand him over. Full grown man in tears over his buddy. I was raised on a farm though sooo....animals dying/being killed was part of life from an early age...

There are a fair number of mobile vets that will come do a euthanasia at your home. Most vets will not go to your house anymore because of the liability and complications that can occur.

And if you worked for a vet when you were younger, why aren't you here working for me. I've been trying to find good staff that won't quit after the first couple of euthanasias.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It's been a nice change of pace the last few days with mostly wonderful clients. The folks traveling from Florida were great tonight. I can overlook that she had to go to the bathroom and vomit when she saw the X-Rays of her dog. At least she went to the bathroom to do it. :smile: Dogs doing fine by the way. Fractured elbow.