Calling all Freaks, Geeks, Dweebs and Nerds alike!

Options

Replies

• Jonny15121983
    Jonny15121983 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    kaniob wrote: »
    Don't forget the Perseid meteor shower on the 13th (Thursday). If you are in the Northern hemisphere anyway, it will be a young moon (virtually no moon) making it extra special due to less light pollution. Should average over one 'shooting star' per minute and you want to be looking North East and nearly straight up :)

What about the southern hemisphere?

If you are close to the equator then you should be able to see something. Basically the further north you are in the world the better it will be, as you start moving down into the SH then eventually you will miss out I'm afraid.
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Alright folks, it's getting pretty dead around here so here's a really good question to spice things up a micro bit.

Which hero of yours do you want to physically look like?

My joke is I want to be strong like Moose from SPN.
    *if you understand this marry me nao*

Motoko Kusanagi

Damn, she's foxy!
  • Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a proud of myself kind of a guy but looking forward to hearing everyones. Bet your friend loved you for that A* grade lol

On a completely unrelated note and just because;

i7rilgg4g3t4.png

^^^^ Seriously my favorite Cas scenario ever. Gahl I love him! ^_^

I love that goofy angel.
  • Jonny15121983
    Options
    Alright folks, it's getting pretty dead around here so here's a really good question to spice things up a micro bit.

Selene from Underworld, though I don't think I would leave the bedroom much.
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    Time for a new one! I feel like stirring things up a bit.

Daredevil vs The Green Arrow. Who would win and why GO!
  • lushers80
    lushers80 Posts: 397 Member
    Options

Goku, at SS4, or maybe the demon Amon from Devilman, but the old original one, not the new one.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Alright everyone, let's do something fun. I want you lot to brag about your proudest nerdy moments this far in life!

Mine is one of my best friends asked me if I knew anything about pirates that would help him with his report for school.

He had to stop me numerous times so that he could keep up with his notes. ;)

I was watching the second Matrix movie with my brother. (Warning: 12y/o spoilers ahead) At the end, when Neo stops the machines and then passes out, I immediately screamed, "He ran out of EP!" My brother spit his soda across the room. :) Proud moment for this lil sis.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Don't forget the Perseid meteor shower on the 13th (Thursday). If you are in the Northern hemisphere anyway, it will be a young moon (virtually no moon) making it extra special due to less light pollution. Should average over one 'shooting star' per minute and you want to be looking North East and nearly straight up :)

And every time a shower comes around with a full moon... we get cloudy skies here in the Mid Atlantic
  • bigovergrowndork
    bigovergrowndork Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    This is my kinda place!!
  • Jonny15121983
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »

And every time a shower comes around with a full moon... we get cloudy skies here in the Mid Atlantic

A double bad for meteor shower watching. I wanted to go up the hill tonight to watch but we are going to have 100% cloud cover all night :(
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

A double bad for meteor shower watching. I wanted to go up the hill tonight to watch but we are going to have 100% cloud cover all night :(

I realized my mistake after losing the ability to edit... that should have been "with a new moon".

Yeah it's pretty much 100% clouds here. Well, here's hoping for the 2018 new moon and the Perseids. :neutral:
  • SisypheanWorkout
    SisypheanWorkout Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Quite happy to see some xkcd in here.

u3rwtzylszas.png
  • Jonny15121983
    Options

I realized my mistake after losing the ability to edit... that should have been "with a new moon".

Yeah it's pretty much 100% clouds here. Well, here's hoping for the 2018 new moon and the Perseids. :neutral:

Stupid evil clouds, must be the work of the devil. Yeah I guess it will be the same for me now too!
  • Muldactus
    Muldactus Posts: 6,972 Member
    Options
    Time for a new one! I feel like stirring things up a bit.

Daredevil vs The Green Arrow. Who would win and why GO!

I've been trying to figure this out for 2 days now. I'm gonna go with Daredevil. GA can't hit what he can't see. DD can. :p

• SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    So, uhhh.....anyone see the Fantastic 4?..... I heard it was horrible..... goodbye x-men/fantastic 4 crossover :/

BUT HELLO X-FORCE SERIES?!?!?!?! OMG GUYZ WE'RE GONNA HAVE CABLE, SHATTERSTAR, AND SUNSPOT ON BIG SCREEN MAYBE OMG OMG X-FORCE>GotG ALL THE WAY OMG
  • SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    In other news, I'm going to a convention tmrw and Saturday. Perhaps pics will be posted on Sunday or Monday
  • Tialuna18
    Tialuna18 Posts: 9,591 Member
    Options
    I want to go to another con T_T
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    Wah! I hate the fact that I have to skip my annual vacation to Chicago Comic Con just because we're moving. Adulting sucks.
  • flinx1241
    flinx1241 Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Wah! I hate the fact that I have to skip my annual vacation to Chicago Comic Con just because we're moving. Adulting sucks.

LOL. Doesn't it just?