What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• itsMcKay
    itsMcKay Posts: 131 Member
    How much you'll resent positive attention about your looks.

Logically, when I'm thin, I know I look good. And, when I'm fat, I look bad. But I still get irrationally angry at people who think they can suddenly comment on my appearance.

WHO ASKED YOU??? I genuinely do not care what you think of how I look. I care what I think and what my boyfriend thinks. That's it!

This being my second go-'round with weight loss, it's the one thing to which I'm not looking forward.

But all the other pros make it SO worth it!
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    mrsfitzyv8 wrote: »
    Ouchies..... The bath hurts my bones. I keep slipping and sliding around in the bath now. So I've kinda wedged myself into the top bit. Unfortunately I've discovered a pokie outie bone just below and to the outside of my knee cap. It hurts when I want to lean on it.

Oh and a really funny story? I spoke to my supervisor (the clinical nurse) about me freaking out thinking in getting arthritis in my fingers. Due to my knuckles looking really swollen. She laughed and laughed and laughed. Then she kindly pointed out that my knuckles are not swollen. My fingers are getting skinnier

That is hilarious! I'd love for that to happen as I've always had pudgy fingers, but I don't think I'll get there since I didn't the last time I was "skinny".

For all of those not liking the attention from the opposite sex, why not just enjoy it?! I do, but maybe I'm just too vain. lol

As for women being nasty, really? I haven't experience that, although, I've heard about it so I believe it's true. I think you need to find different women in your life! I never understand that whole women being bitchy to women mentality--let's save it for the men! :wink:
  • WillypipMom
    WillypipMom Posts: 7 Member
    -
    -Lying in bed and running your hands over your hipbones and ribs is really great

This this this! It's how I know I'm gaining and need to get back to that magic when I can rest my pinky on my hip bone and thumb in my rib cage and feel nothing in between!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    mrsfitzyv8 wrote: »
    Ouchies..... The bath hurts my bones. I keep slipping and sliding around in the bath now. So I've kinda wedged myself into the top bit. Unfortunately I've discovered a pokie outie bone just below and to the outside of my knee cap. It hurts when I want to lean on it.

Oh and a really funny story? I spoke to my supervisor (the clinical nurse) about me freaking out thinking in getting arthritis in my fingers. Due to my knuckles looking really swollen. She laughed and laughed and laughed. Then she kindly pointed out that my knuckles are not swollen. My fingers are getting skinnier

That is hilarious! I'd love for that to happen as I've always had pudgy fingers, but I don't think I'll get there since I didn't the last time I was "skinny".

For all of those not liking the attention from the opposite sex, why not just enjoy it?! I do, but maybe I'm just too vain. lol

As for women being nasty, really? I haven't experience that, although, I've heard about it so I believe it's true. I think you need to find different women in your life! I never understand that whole women being bitchy to women mentality--let's save it for the men! :wink:

I agree, I get a little anxious when the opposite sex pays attention and flirts, but ultimately I enjoy it. I am just not used to it.

I also haven't had the issue with women either, I still have all the same friends in my life that I had 100#s ago, maybe I don't notice the bitchy women and I hope I am not one of them :smiley:
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    They aren't friends......work colleagues.....getting away isn't that easy.
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    They aren't friends......work colleagues.....getting away isn't that easy.

sorry for that...... :-(
  • kvansteen
    kvansteen Posts: 82 Member
    I am in love with seeing my collar bones!
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    How men become suddenly nicer and women become bitchy witches

I've noticed some men that I come into contact with on the job are chattier and I find that funny, am I not the same amazing, hilarious person I was? why couldn't I be spoken to prior to weightloss?

A supervisor in the facility I work with has almost a snide comment when others mention my loss, "ALL you do is watch what you eat!" yep that's ALL, nothing else..... and after the first 50 she really hadn't "noticed".... Lucky for me, none of this has a thing to do with me keeping it up LOL
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    a handsome young man ignored the elevator floor number that he had pushed and followed me to my office to chat me up.
  • raellehousek
    raellehousek Posts: 9 Member
    edited August 2015
    *how good it feels tobe supportive of others weight loss goals. I love cheering others on, it inspires me to stay healthy!
    *how addictive working out can be
    *that u may have some loose skin, depending on amount of weight loss
    *how fun it is to find a variety of clothes in your size!

Saggy boobs!- gets tight again after awhile, but the initial loss is hilarious
    Bony hips
    Love the runners high!
  • caroldavison332
    Now that my feet has stopped being excruciatingly painful I can feel that my ankles hurt and am doing ankle stretches instead of foot ones.
  • caroldavison332
    Foods that were not appealing before hand are now DELICIOUS. Fruits and veggies don't need a half gallon of ranch dip or yogurt to taste amazing when you're actually hungry for food, instead of just eating for eating's sake.

So I just glanced at your post, and I thought it just said 'hands are now DELICIOUS'. I was like uhhhh....am I missing some sort of weight-loss hack?

EXTREME fingernail biting?
  • caroldavison332
    Foods that were not appealing before hand are now DELICIOUS. Fruits and veggies don't need a half gallon of ranch dip or yogurt to taste amazing when you're actually hungry for food, instead of just eating for eating's sake.

Yes. Had a chef salad with bacon, cheese and egg. It wasn't as tasty as the no dressing vegan salad I make at the salad bar at work.
  • littleb0peep
    littleb0peep Posts: 333 Member
    a handsome young man ignored the elevator floor number that he had pushed and followed me to my office to chat me up.

Did you get HIS number? ;D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!