SAY "NO" TO LATE NIGHT SNACKING -- AUGUST 2015 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newcomers!!
    This is a terrific challenge and it has helped me lose and keep weight off (with a little yo-yoing). Be realistic about your cut-off time and allow for a later time on week-ends or special occasions.
    And, once you've reached your cut-off time, stay out of the kitchen!!

Me: 15
    LNS: 0
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Me: 15
    LNS: 0

Half way mark! :)
  • WalkerPop
    WalkerPop Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Mariang165 wrote: »
    Wow, you are doing so well and you are near the half way mark of this month, well done!

Thank you so much! It's great to see all the efforts and successes represented on this thread!
  • WalkerPop
    WalkerPop Posts: 436 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Me: 14 *
    LNS: 1
    Streak: 14 (Two weeks, not too weak!)
  • JennyLee1956
    JennyLee1956 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Me 9
    LNS 6 >:)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    If you plan on being up late, why don't you save some calories? I don't understand this challenge...lol

The idea is to give your body a chance to metabolise the food before you go to bed so that it is free to do what it is designed to do overnight without having the added stress of digesting snack foods.

Not everyone has your iron will power, so a thread like this helps with motivation and accountability.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    Options
    Day 12
    Me: 11* : LNS: 1 : Streak: 9
  • RuaLGirL
    RuaLGirL Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Day 1 08/15

Me 1
    Lns 0

• RuaLGirL
    RuaLGirL Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Not everyone has your iron will power, so a thread like this helps with motivation and accountability.

This^
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    If you plan on being up late, why don't you save some calories? I don't understand this challenge...lol

The idea is to give your body a chance to metabolise the food before you go to bed so that it is free to do what it is designed to do overnight without having the added stress of digesting snack foods.

+2
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options

thank you, Terri. you said it much better than i did. I saw a follow up post by this dude and decided not to get pulled in again. WE know why we are here, and those that don't need it are free to post elsewhere :)
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    me: 13*
    LNS: 3
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options

um ok? It has nothing to do with iron will power. I eat late at night, sometimes even before going to bed. It has had no negative effects on me whatsoever. I'm being serious though, is there a bro science article I should be reading that says late snacking is bad? Anyways, I'm not trying to be rain on your parade here, I'm just not understanding this challenge. It would be easier on yourselves if you plan on being awake late to just save some calories.
  • judithgreene2014
    judithgreene2014 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Ready to go for August! TY for the new challenge! My goal is to continue improving from last month! One note, I will be on a mission trip the last 2 weeks and won't be able to log in until I get back. So let the challenge begin and good luck to everyone o:)

July stats: ME: 28 LNS: 3 Streak: 14
    Goal 1 improve on last month's score and 2 stop the yo yo streaking, be consistent! o:)

ME: 3 LNS: 0 Streak: 17 o:)

ME: 7 LNS: 0 Streak: 21 o:)
    Keep up the great work everyone! Enjoy your weekend.

ME: 9 LNS: 0 Streak: 23 o:)

ME: 11* LNS 0 Streak 25 o:)

ME: 13* LNS:0 Streak: 27 o:)

ME: 16* LNS: 0 Streak: 30 o:)
  • judithgreene2014
    Options
    Ready to go for August! TY for the new challenge! My goal is to continue improving from last month! One note, I will be on a mission trip the last 2 weeks and won't be able to log in until I get back. So let the challenge begin and good luck to everyone o:)

July stats: ME: 28 LNS: 3 Streak: 14
    Goal 1 improve on last month's score and 2 stop the yo yo streaking, be consistent! o:)

ME: 3 LNS: 0 Streak: 17 o:)

ME: 7 LNS: 0 Streak: 21 o:)
    Keep up the great work everyone! Enjoy your weekend.

ME: 9 LNS: 0 Streak: 23 o:)

ME: 11* LNS 0 Streak 25 o:)

ME: 13* LNS:0 Streak: 27 o:)

ME: 16* LNS: 0 Streak: 30 o:)
  • judithgreene2014
    Options
    68myra wrote: »
    judithgreene:
    great streak! keep up the great work!

TY o:)
  • judithgreene2014
    Options
    me: 8
    LNSdevil: 4*
    gonna beat 'm down tonight.

o:) You can do it!
  • judithgreene2014
    Options

um ok? It has nothing to do with iron will power. I eat late at night, sometimes even before going to bed. It has had no negative effects on me whatsoever. I'm being serious though, is there a bro science article I should be reading that says late snacking is bad? Anyways, I'm not trying to be rain on your parade here, I'm just not understanding this challenge. It would be easier on yourselves if you plan on being awake late to just save some calories.

Hi! There is an article on the MFP blog that covers the topic and makes several points. I did the link either earlier this month or last, but just dig in the archives and you will find it. I know it came out over the spring or summer of this year. o:)
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Aug 16

Me: 13*
    LNS: 3
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

thank you, Terri. you said it much better than i did. I saw a follow up post by this dude and decided not to get pulled in again. WE know why we are here, and those that don't need it are free to post elsewhere :)

Well said! Some people can handle eating late at night, and some, like us, need help to control our late night snacking. Unfortunately, some people just don't understand it. Well said..."those that don't need it are free to post elsewhere." Some people have nothing better to do than stir up arguments. We are doing this for ourselves, and it works for us.