What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    NSV#1 I had to buy new shorts (36 waist) because old shorts (38) were too big. The other day I thought I accidentally grabbed a pair of my old shorts because they were feeling too baggy. I checked the tag and nope...this is a pair of my new shorts. Looks like I'm on my way to a 34.

NSV#2: A coworker had to have back surgery and Monday just returned to work after being out 6 weeks. The first thing he says when he sees me, "Holy *kitten*! You're skinny!". All I could do was smile.

I'm not quite skinny, but I've about 65% of the way to my goal and feeling like nothing will stop me from getting there.
  • IncredibleShrinkingSandy
    Options
    I have been doing a plank challenge and am on week 3. The time I was supposed to do the plank for today was 2 minutes, which was the same as last week. Last week I made it 1:30 before my body gave out on me. Today I held for 1:45!!! 15 seconds longer and instead of getting shaky after 20-30 seconds it took almost a minute! 3 weeks ago, I could only hold it for 45 seconds and started shaking almost immediately. Not only that, I did a week of a different ab challenge before making the decision to do the plank one instead. On the first day of that challenge I took my waist measurement and I have since lost 1 inch!!

This is my favorite thread on MFP. Keep up the good work, everyone. It really is the little victories that keep us going.
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    delachaise wrote: »
    I built my son a playhouse from a cardboard box - and I fit through that door to play with him inside!!! This would never have happened 6 months ago

Awesome playhouse!! And awesome NSV

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    NSV: Yesterday I bought my first "medium" sized top since about 1990! I know sizes have probably changed since then, but it's still the smallest size I own. Last year this time I was 2X-3X. True. PS-Got it at Goodwill, new or almost new, for $1.79 on pink tag Monday! I had just dropped off another bag of now-too-big clothes and of course had to go in and look for a great deal.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    About a year ago I started weight lifting. My first deadlists I could barely lift the bar for one full set - 45 pounds. Today I did a full set at 200# :D
  • aaron_mc29
    aaron_mc29 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Took my monthly "progress pics" last night and saw a noticeable difference compared to two months ago. Scale hasn't moved a whole lot so I was kind of surprised by this, but I guess the workouts are paying off.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Today I went from a bra size that requires 3 hooks in the back to one that only needs 2.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    well, I can see my obliques now, and that makes me very happy. :D
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was an off day on running, so I decided to do a fast 4.5 mile walk pushing my grandson in his stroller. 2 miles into the walk (mind you I am in workout clothes, hair in ponytail and only eyeliner on) and a man in a pickup pulls up next to me, rolls down his window and says, "I don't mean no harm ma'am, but you are absolutely stunning. Have a good day." and off he drove. That stranger made my day and kept my motivation going.
    What a boost!! :wink:

• NCarolinaGirly439
    NCarolinaGirly439 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A friend at work today said that she could really tell today that I'd been losing weight. Asked what I was doing and said that I was her inspiration to get going again on a new plan for herself. I've only lost 24 lbs and still have a long way to go but yay! That really made my day!
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My colleague came back from a 9 day break today and told me my butt has shrunk :)
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    oosterman wrote: »
    Being able to lead by example for my kids instead of sitting on the sidelines..

Wish there was a like button for posts like this! :)

Same here, that was so inspirational. Great job @oosterman
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Stopped by the primary school my children attended. I said hello and started talking to the secretary, she had no idea who I was, after a bit of explaining, she commented I am half the size I used to be. Then I told her about MFP, I think we have a new recruit.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Feeling super blah today but still managed some reps, part of a video and 5 mins. on the elliptical. In the past I would have just sat down and binge watched something... Still might, but at least I moved today!
  • RacerX_14
    RacerX_14 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Feeling super blah today but still managed some reps, part of a video and 5 mins. on the elliptical. In the past I would have just sat down and binge watched something... Still might, but at least I moved today!

Keep moving! You'll feel better about yourself and get in better shape at the same time!!

• IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    ericb14 wrote: »

Keep moving! You'll feel better about yourself and get in better shape at the same time!!

I agree. Thanks for that. :)

• SeriouslySta
    SeriouslySta Posts: 458 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    For the last 7 (8? 9?) years, I have had a casual knock-around uniform of ugly men's cargo shorts and short-sleeve v-neck t-shirts. (In cooler weather, substitute Capris or corduroys and long sleeves...)

Over the years, I've bought the shorts in 3 progressively larger sizes, and I am sure that, if I had not started my journey to get healthier, this spring I would have needed a larger size yet.

Well, this morning, when it came time to walk the dog, I put on the last pair of them I have: Pretty much brand-new, they were the smallest pair of the smallest size I bought.

When I am done with the day, they will go in the wash - and then to charity.

My warm weather uniform is no more; the Capri pants are not far behind.

Until I start looking in bins in my basement, I have no idea what I am going to wear.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!