• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    G3G, never stop.
    thanks. never going to. :p

• gam3rguy
    Options
    tomorrow and Friday will be extra legs and back. lugging surplus office furniture BOTH days. :s
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Beeps - good thing muscles have memory. You will be back to where you were sooner than you think.
    allenpriest - happy birthday - next week. :)
    Curious - am sure you will find that gym that works for you. Oh, and KEEP OUT OF THE LUNCH ROOM! :p
    I know how you feel. Had to cook dinner for a B&B guest on Sunday, and made homemade coconut cream pie (my fav) for dessert. I was good....I only had one tiny, slim slice yesterday. My husband ate the REST. It's done now, so the temptation is gone. Other than that slim piece of pie, had a real good day otherwise.

I worked with my PT trainer yesterday. It was a new routine, and a good one. She is incorporating strength, which is what I want. Told her to keep away from Cardio - I do enough of it. My upper body is a little sore today.

Have a lunch date with my g/f today - can't wait. Seems like we haven't seen each other is months! That's summer tho.

Own your day peeps!

• jl_clancy
    jl_clancy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like it (the title ;) I am a mother of four; had three of those in almost as many years. I would like to now lose, once and for all, 35 pounds by the end of the year.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    jl_clancy wrote: »
    I like it (the title ;) I am a mother of four; had three of those in almost as many years. I would like to now lose, once and for all, 35 pounds by the end of the year.

That's a very ambitious goal. You might need to extend your time frame.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    Look at all the lifting going on in here!!!

Me, too!

I moved up to 4 sets, today....which is GREAT! Saw eye surgeon and will have my next surgery in September....so, am going to hit the gym as HARD as i can until then!

BOOM!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well I did good at kettlebell last night and I'm feeling it in my back today! See saw rows with the 12 kilo bells. So tonight I'm taking time off. Back to Kickboxing tomorrow.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    I was not inspired, motivated or in any hurry WHATSOEVER to get to work today.

109v1lyrr67h.png

everyone (except me) is out on vacation...out sick...or retired. all projects cancelled until "sometime after labor day".
  • sdereski
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    I was not inspired, motivated or in any hurry WHATSOEVER to get to work today.

109v1lyrr67h.png

everyone (except me) is out on vacation...out sick...or retired. all projects cancelled until "sometime after labor day".

<3

• sdereski
    Options
    Tornado warnings in my area yesterday! Imagine that. I ran anyway and they didn't happen. Finished the run, did a bit of a cool down, got in my car and the sky opened up and it POURED rain for about 5 minutes. :)
    Beautiful sky last night over the lake. Should have taken a picture - the colours and the clouds were spectacular.

Each run gets a little better. Was actually able to talk and run yesterday and finished the run a minute faster than I did last week. Yay!

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    Weird for the tornado stuff, sdereski....CONGRATS on the runs, though!! Nice to see how fast you are improving, for sure. YOU ARE GREAT!

I lifted today. And, am figuring out how to design a challenge for 1 lb per week weight loss ....a challenge that I can REALLY dig into and participate in wholeheartedly!

BOOM!
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Ditto what Beeps said Sdereski! You're doing awesome! Good timing on the rain.
    Beeps, the challenge sounds like a good idea. Doable goal. What's the plan?
    G3G, it looks like your time was very well spent.
    Furballs, definitely be nice to your back! Enjoy the rest day.
    My rest day was yesterday. Today it's back to the gym. I'm still following the 4X/week routine my PT set up for me months ago ... each two day segment works the whole body, and there's a rest day in between. I'm also adding my chiro-specific work for my neck/back. I do think I'm making progress there, so that's great! May be able to peddle the non-motorized bike to work again in another week or so.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Cool Kids.

I've been tooling along, doing the gardening thing. I picked peas today, the 3rd picking on this planting. Bad Word helped by finding the best shade.

ymyhas8opevd.jpg

Our county's Senior Citizen Association had their annual fundraiser, Death by Chocolate, tonight at the Civic Center. I went very light and still logged 940 calories. I could have easily tried about five times as much.

bzkwp2os374p.jpg

Got to run. It's winding down, so now I get to clean up.

You guys have a good one,

Larro

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Larro, that chocolate assortment looks fabulous.

I'm feeling a bit down today. I just picked up reading glasses this week and I was told I had mild sleep apnea today. Feeling old. I had a nice dinner with a friend which cheered me up, although it blew my calorie goal to pieces.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    chest & tris=DONE!
  • Terri70
    Terri70 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! I'm 45 and just started seriously logging on MFP. I have 96 more lbs to lose. I am using Nutrisystem and doing wonderful (when I stay OP). I've lost 17 lbs so far. I'm currently not exercising due to knee and feet issues, but plan to once I lose some more weight. I would like to join your group as I need all the help and encouragement I can get. It's nice to meet all of you.

Have a great day!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Happy Friday Cool Kids,

Welcome Terri. Good work and good luck on this weight loss journey. I did Nutri System YEARS ago. lol. Oh, I've done them ALL! I now use Isagenix (for the past 7 years) and LOVE it!
    gam3rguy - way to keep it going!
    Beeps - I'm sure you will figure out a good challenge and stick to it.
    Larro - Death by Chocolate? What a glorious way to die. :D Truthfully, if I continued to eat chocolate like I was, I was certainly on a fast track to my grave.

Had my PT session yesterday - more strength. :smile:
    It is our annual Salmon Derby this weekend. Normally, I am in charge of the dock workers and it is always a challenge. If there is a vacancy, I would just put myself in there. This year, I am actually fishing with my husband AND trying to organize the dock. UGH. What a challenge! It starts at 5 p.m. today and I still have vacancies for Saturday. :#
    I gave them my notice - let them know this is the last year I am doing this (it is all volunteer, with barely a thank you) so.............no more! I don't need the stress!

Have a great weekend all - hope we get lucky out on the water.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Cool Kids.

I was running on empty today. Got in from work at 0315 and got woke up at 0545. Couldn't get back to sleep, so I got on up. I worked in the garden {discing here and at Mamma's garden and planting peas} until lunchtime, then took a serious nap this afternoon.I had trouble waking up, so didn't cook a real supper tonight, just steak stir-fry, veggies and a sandwich. There was enough daylight after supper to re-plant {for the 3rd time} the green beans. I'm starting to believe a fall crop of green beans is just not possible with the heat here.

CG, hope the exercise will make your neck and back feel better. I've had a nagging back ache for about 4 days. Picking cucumbers and pulling weeds is an adventure right now.

Sdereski, it doesn't seem like it's been a year since your last Salmon Derby. Time is flying.

Welcome to the new guys and hello to everyone else.

You guys have a good one,

Larro

PS: Here are the numbers for the week:

20.0% Body Fat
    23.4 BMI
    167.3 Pounds

That is a loss of 0.6 pounds for the week. I guess I should have had a 2nd plate of chocolate last night.

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Moved dirt to fill in where we had the ash trees cut down due to the borer problem. 1600 pounds of top soil a 40 pound bag at a time. Ugh