Options

Replies

• m3gmarie
    m3gmarie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    karyabc wrote: »
    B) I don't know why I will be looking forward for the comments :D

Lol, me too. I have never occupied the space on the venn diagram where "smoker" and "dieter" overlap.

Maybe 38 goldfish crackers (#72 on this list of snacks under 100 cals)

http://greatist.com/health/88-unexpected-snacks-under-100-calories

They have to be EXACTLY 38, though, have to count them right

• m3gmarie
    m3gmarie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You made my day! I love goldfish! So hard to eat only 38. Better then 0. Thank you
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    I'm gonna suggest sour skittle grapes.

You get some grapes, rinse them, add a sugar free jello packet to coat evenly, freeze. Low calorie, tasty and tangy, cheap.

Also, popcorn. Also, i'd also suggest switching the type of weed you're smoking, possibly to a sativa.

That grape idea is genius
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »

You get some grapes, rinse them, add a sugar free jello packet to coat evenly, freeze. Low calorie, tasty and tangy, cheap.

Also, popcorn. Also, i'd also suggest switching the type of weed you're smoking, possibly to a sativa.

5572386034_0fa256ae45.jpg
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »

5572386034_0fa256ae45.jpg

This made the thread worth the read...
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    this is off topic but

I've used it for years. I'm a big proponent of making it perfectly legal, but I really don't see any legitimate medical use for it, other then to increase appetite in cancer patients... or any other group that has difficulty consuming adequate nutrition due to some medical reason.

Pain relief?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    this is off topic but

I've used it for years. I'm a big proponent of making it perfectly legal, but I really don't see any legitimate medical use for it, other then to increase appetite in cancer patients... or any other group that has difficulty consuming adequate nutrition due to some medical reason.

Pain relief?
    1. Pain releif (especially neuropathic pain)
    2. PTSD and some rage-related disorders like BiPolar
    3. Sleeping disorders related to anxiety and racing thoughts
    4. nasuea/vomiting
    5. Relaxing muscle spasms for certain disorders such as Multiple Sclerosis
    6. Appetite from anorexia (induced or otherwise)

I think there is also research being conducted on it's ability to cure some cancers. We already have some studies showing that cannabonoids have an anti-carcinogenic and anti-tumor effect specifically on breast, brain, and lung cancer.

Oh, yes, i can't forget. My step-father has glaucoma (and had two cataracts, and a detached retina, and a bunch of effed up eye-problems) and they couldn't reduce the pressure in his eyes fast enough to perform surgery, so they used medical cannabis in drop form and he had almost IMMEDIATE relief.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    this is off topic but

Pain relief?
    4. nasuea/vomiting

I think there is also research being conducted on it's ability to cure some cancers. We already have some studies showing that cannabonoids have an anti-carcinogenic and anti-tumor effect specifically on breast, brain, and lung cancer.

I wonder if there is research for increasing sex libido? Maybe that is just a n=4
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    this is off topic but

Pain relief?
    4. nasuea/vomiting

Oh, yes, i can't forget. My step-father has glaucoma (and had two cataracts, and a detached retina, and a bunch of effed up eye-problems) and they couldn't reduce the pressure in his eyes fast enough to perform surgery, so they used medical cannabis in drop form and he had almost IMMEDIATE relief.

No. Just no.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    dakotababy wrote: »
    Gross. Quit smoking drugs would be the obvious answer.

my my arnt you judgmental... eek.
  • fishshark
    Options
    edwardetr wrote: »
    ghosthost6 wrote: »
    I live in California where smoking pot is legal. Problem is...MUNCHIES!! Does anyone have tips on how to overcome munchies when dieting and actively smoking marijuana?
    I live in California and don't think marijuana is legal. Not yet, anyway. Unless you have a prescription.

i assume the op is perscribed.. come on people. offer advice and not judge. id rather smoke something that grows out of the ground then take a pain pill.
  • fishshark
    Options
    kateyb94 wrote: »
    Just because it's legal doesn't make it good for you! I realize there aren't as many bad effects as most other drugs, but the fact stands that it IS a drug. Like someone else said, it's like getting drunk. Doing anything to yourself that causes you to lose willpower is probably not good in any respect.
    The way I see it: smoking is a want, being a healthy weight is a need... ultimately you have to choose what's actually important to you. Unless you have a medical issue that requires you to need pot I really don't see why you would chose to use something that impairs your faculty or judgments.

getting drunk is NEVER used medically and "pot" is. bad example. its percribed like pills that are abused everyday.
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    All in your head. Maybe I've been smoking too long I no longer get the munchies >:)

Agreed!!!! YOU control yourself... not the munchies, not the weed... YOU are in control. Nothing in marijuana makes a person lose control of themselves so stop making excuses. You have to WANT to lose weight more than you want to snack, when you get there its not hard at all.

Been smoking a long time, recently lost 63lbs... still smoking. Try to eat before, like others have said and don't even buy the unhealthy stuff. Chances are if you have to go for a drive or walk for it you won't really want it.

I tend to drink protein shakes just to help me feel more full, when I'm so full the thought of eating more is just unsettling.
  • strangeling06
    strangeling06 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Didn't read through all the comments, but perhaps its more dehydration. Try drinking water or do as someone else suggested and eat low calories, nutrition dense foods.
  • sinclaircr
    sinclaircr Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I live in California where smoking prescription pot is legal. Problem is...MUNCHIES!! Does anyone have tips on how to overcome munchies when dieting and actively smoking marijuana?

Sf Native here, don't listen to the naysayers, smoking marijuana is perfectly fine for you. There are numerous studies on the medical benefits, google it. All comments saying 'gross, quit'...this post is about how to deal with munchies. They already smoke, deal with it. If you don't like it, that's your problem.

How I deal with it? Keep very low calorie snacks around. Cucumber slices with simple salt and pepper totally helps me when I want something salty. You can find a low-calorie dip if that's what you fancy. I also opt for sugar snap peas, carrots, celery, cabbage, lettuce, whatever is in season really. Raw veggies are good for you!

If I REALLY can't stand eating raw vegetables (hey, it happens) I find making a nice vegetarian sauteed dish to be quick and easy, and with the right flavorings, you never know the meat is gone (I'm not a vegetarian, I just find that meat packs on a ton of calories so I limit it unless it's really worth it).

The key for me is, putting only a small amount on my plate. I'm usually too lazy to get up and make a second batch of whatever I'm eating, and I typically will take tiny bites and portion it out for a while when I'm stoned.
  • sierrabuccellato
    sierrabuccellato Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I live in California where smoking prescription pot is legal. Problem is...MUNCHIES!! Does anyone have tips on how to overcome munchies when dieting and actively smoking marijuana?

Legit just posted a status about this! Glad I'm not the only one!!!
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    That's like a post saying you get drunk then eat 2 pizzas and make a fort out of the boxes.

The food isn't the issue its the loss of control from self inflicted drug use.

Or maybe plan a head and have healthy snacks layed out on a plate.

I recommend carrot and celery sticks, soak then in water and different food colouring so when your high you think your eating music or colours. Job done.

Medical marijuana is an accepted and studied treatment for many conditions. So definitely not self inflicted drug user. Many drugs cause appetite changes, drugs that treat horrible conditions: are those people also suffering from self inflicted drug use because they take prescribed drugs to treat their conditions?! By your logic they are...
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    A
    fishshark wrote: »
    kateyb94 wrote: »
    Just because it's legal doesn't make it good for you! I realize there aren't as many bad effects as most other drugs, but the fact stands that it IS a drug. Like someone else said, it's like getting drunk. Doing anything to yourself that causes you to lose willpower is probably not good in any respect.
    The way I see it: smoking is a want, being a healthy weight is a need... ultimately you have to choose what's actually important to you. Unless you have a medical issue that requires you to need pot I really don't see why you would chose to use something that impairs your faculty or judgments.

getting drunk is NEVER used medically and "pot" is. bad example. its percribed like pills that are abused everyday.

Actually, fun fact you can get liquor from our pharmacy. It's used when alcoholics have other stuff going on where them detoxing is medically too dangerous for whatever reason. The pharmacy comes and watches you literally administer shots of it down a tube that goes into the stomach. Alcohol pretty much beats out most other drugs for awful side effects and dangerous detoxing but cultural is acceptable...
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Efemral wrote: »
    I heard, from... a friend... that vaping caused less of the munchies than using a bong. But that is just one person's experience. Another idea is to buy really healthy snacks so that when you do get the irresistible urge to eat, it's going to be carrots you're raiding the fridge for. (Also, if possible, go out and do something interesting when high, it'll take your mind off your hunger.)

Yes, this. My friend, um, also told me that using a vaporizer might help. Also, save enough calories for when you toke...or eat meal right after. Plan food ahead of time..