What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• Eri0515
    Eri0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Kirstie155 wrote: »
    Sad I have reached the end of this thread...I have been reading it for weeks!!

I'm still reading and haven't reached the end. I love this thread!
  • tipti_mippy
    tipti_mippy Posts: 16 Member
    My pants are literally falling off!

I had really really strong cravings today... For broccoli?!? I definitely indulged :smiley:

I've gone swimming nearly every day lately, not even very intensely, but I'm seeing major muscle changes!

This thread has been so inspiring. Don't hold all those nsv's to yourselves, post! Go on, post!! :blush:
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    I decided today that I am a huge wimp and therefore need to say yes to opportunities rather than being scared because of logistics or not knowing what clothing to wear. So I have said yes to my friend's current idea for New Year in Colorado...despite me not knowing how to ski or snowboard and having absolutely no snow gear in my possession! In fact, considering how much I love my comfort zone...this is a huge and terrifying step. So this means that in all liklihood I will need to plan everything down to the last detail. But I said yes, and that's something I would have NEVER done last year

• Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    edited August 2015
    Walking... I love walking now... I now walk at least a mile every day. Post office, corner stores, bank.
    Feels good and saves gas at the same time.
  • twinjamom6
    twinjamom6 Posts: 301 Member
    I could zip and breathe! in a skirt I couldn't even zip about a year ago. Felt so good! Not even close to goal, but it's little victories like this that keep me going. ☺
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    While running yesterday morning in the beautiful and humid Fargo, ND sunshine, I saw my shadow and it didn't look fat to me :)
    One day this will be nice!
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Benched 200lbs for the first time last night!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    yusaku02 wrote: »

Nice!
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    edited August 2015
    I decided today that I am a huge wimp and therefore need to say yes to opportunities rather than being scared because of logistics or not knowing what clothing to wear. So I have said yes to my friend's current idea for New Year in Colorado...despite me not knowing how to ski or snowboard and having absolutely no snow gear in my possession! In fact, considering how much I love my comfort zone...this is a huge and terrifying step. So this means that in all liklihood I will need to plan everything down to the last detail. But I said yes, and that's something I would have NEVER done last year

Sounds like a fantastic trip!! Get a hold of the ski resort you're going to; most usually rent equipment so you don't have to buy and offer a quick intro lessons for beginners. :)

edited for spelling
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Measured my waist this morning. I was at 39.95 inches. According to the National institute of health, and American heart association 40 inches is the point where ones risk of all sort of diseases increases, and I am finally below the line.
  • Happylybre
    Happylybre Posts: 85 Member
    edited August 2015
    I can see the curves of my waist..... <3
  • memickee
    memickee Posts: 250 Member
    I wore a bikini for the for the first time in over 20 years.
  • usafmomx2AZ
    usafmomx2AZ Posts: 6 Member
    Just finished my first month of actively and consistently eating healthier and doing the little bit of exercise I'm allowed by my physical therapist. I've lost 1/2" all over, except a full 1" off my waist! I still have 100+ pounds to lose, so not enough to go down a whole size yet, but it's a start. :)
  • acs3041
    acs3041 Posts: 39 Member
    Deadlift 165# and Squat 115#. This girl couldn't squat the bar!
  • acs3041
    acs3041 Posts: 39 Member
    yusaku02 wrote: »

Congrats!
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    1. One of the guys I work with told me I look "wicked healthy".
    2. I rode my bicycle 150 miles in 2 days. (When I first started riding almost 2 years ago, I could barely make it 1 mile.)

Wow. That is so awesome. How did u get to that goal. 150.miles in two days is amazing. I just started biking. I started a couple.months ago.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    1. One of the guys I work with told me I look "wicked healthy".
    2. I rode my bicycle 150 miles in 2 days. (When I first started riding almost 2 years ago, I could barely make it 1 mile.)

Wow. That is so awesome. How did u get to that goal. 150.miles in two days is amazing. I just started biking. I started a couple.months ago.
    When I first started riding 3 years ago, I could barely make it 1 mile. I just kept at it, adding a little more distance each time.

For the 150 miles in 2 days, I rode at least 3 days a week with increasingly longer rides at least one of those until I could ride 50+ miles without any issues. Then started adding a second longer ride a week. The ride I did (MS 150) was very well supported with plenty of rest stops!

Just keep riding!w4lngyogu2y4.gif
  • taymam
    taymam Posts: 55 Member
    I have reached 2 whole months of not missing any workouts( 3-4 times a week hour long Les Mills classes at goodlife.) I did this despite everyone in my house having chronic bronchitis, i have 2 boys under 4 and both me and my husband lost our income this month. people are starting to notice I have muscles now and I feel powerful. No to mention that it has really helped me deal with the stress.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    taymam wrote: »
    I have reached 2 whole months of not missing any workouts( 3-4 times a week hour long Les Mills classes at goodlife.) I did this despite everyone in my house having chronic bronchitis, i have 2 boys under 4 and both me and my husband lost our income this month. people are starting to notice I have muscles now and I feel powerful. No to mention that it has really helped me deal with the stress.

Wow, I'm impressed. If anyone had an excuse to throw in the towel, sounds like you did. Major kudos for hanging in there.

My NSV is just that I'm starting to feel more fit. Breathing easier on the treadmill and getting into a routine with weights. Unfortunately I'm hungrier now, but if more vegetables doesn't solve my problem tomorrow I will go ahead and up my calories.

• ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Was at the beach a few weeks ago, an attractive woman said "nice muscles" to me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!