Stay-At-Home Moms 1/5-1/11

Options

Replies

• mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am a Stay at home mom - and for the million time this is my "start" day. I have a lot to loose and feel very overwhelmed most of the time when I think about it. So I need support.... any suggestions or just a plain good kick in the butt would help :-)

I am right there with you!! I need a good kick in the butt. Today I have been on this website to much...I should be working out or cleaning house!!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am a Stay at home mom - and for the million time this is my "start" day. I have a lot to loose and feel very overwhelmed most of the time when I think about it. So I need support.... any suggestions or just a plain good kick in the butt would help :-)

I am right there with you!! I need a good kick in the butt. Today I have been on this website to much...I should be working out or cleaning house!!!

I say that a million times a day. LOL
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Welcome to the group...even if you are a Cubs fan. :grumble: :wink:
  • abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    Ok I just finished my 1 mile walk away the pounds dvd and I also did 50 sit ups (with my ab roller) and I started with my weights and then hubbys walked in the door and says he wants to run some errands in town so I now need to shower and get ready, sounds like Subway will be my lunch today.
  • TanyaH
    TanyaH Posts: 23
    Options
    I married into the "Cubs fan" -- but never had a team so might as well be them!! LOL
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I married into the "Cubs fan" -- but never had a team so might as well be them!! LOL

I guess you're okay then. :wink: I started out "married to a Tigers fan" but they made it to the 06 World Series when I was about to pop pregnant with my second & I was HOOKED. Even spent my birthday up at Comerica watching them beat the White Sox this year. I could go on & on about the 08 season, but I'll spare all of you. LOL
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Ok I just finished my 1 mile walk away the pounds dvd and I also did 50 sit ups (with my ab roller) and I started with my weights and then hubbys walked in the door and says he wants to run some errands in town so I now need to shower and get ready, sounds like Subway will be my lunch today.

Good job! Enjoy that subway! Yummy!
  • abetterme
    Options
    tnheims--Where in Iowa are you? I am also in Iowa, northeast side of the state. My husband is also a major Cubs fan.
  • TanyaH
    Options
    tnheims--Where in Iowa are you? I am also in Iowa, northeast side of the state. My husband is also a major Cubs fan.

I am in Cedar Rapids.... slipping and sliding right now... its so icy out. Where are you???
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options

wish I could be as motivated!! I need some of your energy!!!
  • abetterme
    Options

I am in Cedar Rapids.... slipping and sliding right now... its so icy out. Where are you???

Arlington which is about an hour north of Cedar Rapids. We have a dairy farm and our driveway and roads are just one sheet of ice.
  • TanyaH
    Options

Arlington which is about an hour north of Cedar Rapids. We have a dairy farm and our driveway and roads are just one sheet of ice.
    [/quot

I have friends with family there. So I know its "up north" somewhere... LOL
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a stay-at-home mom of three kids, ds13, dd8 and dd4. The oldest two are enrolled in Idaho Virtual Academy so they do their school work here at home and with on-line classes. The youngest has Rett Syndrome so she goes to the developmental pre-school three days a week for an hour and a half. She is an awesome kid though (lol aren't all kids awesome :smile: ), she is completely non-verbal and has no hand function which I believe is what lead me to being overweight. I dealt with her disablitity and sleeplessness nights by drinking lots of coke and eating.

We woke up with 9 inches of fresh snow this morning, that completely ruined by walk, but I got on my stationary bicycle. I would like to know how many calories clearing snow to the chicken house, the duck pen and the goat pen took. Plus filling the woodbox. I am so thankful for my ds because my dh has a back disability. DS is a wonderful help.

I am really not sure why I am chatty this morning. :laugh: Anyway looking forward to getting to know all of youu. Have a great day everyone!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    HOLY CRAP 3BB has been recruiting!!!! No time to read everything now must go work out since DD just went down for a nap WAHOO!!!
    I'll be back soon!
    GOOD MORNING!
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Wow so many posts already!!

Well Good Morning Mommies!!! Hope everyone is enjoying the new year!!!

3BB-The sit-up challenge is going well, I'm doing my first workout for it today and my first push-ups work-out! My abs used to be what I worked the most and they were so nice and flat, but my baby ruined that lol so I'm working to get them back

gottaluvboys- Welcome!!! I know how you feel, I've got a 7week old who wakes up every 2-3 hours at night, but I'm glad hes past his growth spurts at 2wks and 6wks. I think "they" say the next one comes at 3 months so thats a little over a month away, phew lol. But my body is sorta adjusting to a smaller amount of sleep so I guess thats good, I'd still kill to get a good nights rest lol And good job getting the pilates done and hope you get your 40 min of cardio in tonight!

lenece- I hope you and your little boy start feeling better. I have thyroid problems too and I know how much it can suck when you miss taking pills or things go haywire, hope everything gets better for you :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

MM- Yes theres a thread for the sit-up challenge but I guess you already found it lol. Ugh I wish I could do laundry and clean too, I think little Ayden is starting to nap for longer and be awake for longer so maybe in these next few days I can get my life back together during his longer naps lol. Don't try to push too hard you and your body have been through a lot physically and emotionally, things will get back to normal soon, rest as much as you need. And YAY for starting the sit-up challenge and restarting the push-up challenge:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Lisa- Welcome!! Hope to see you post more often! Stay safe on those icy roads and have fun during your workout!

mrsbuzz- Welcome!! I'd suggest any workout DVD by Denise Austin, I just love her up beat attitude and it makes things fun. Maybe you should have your iron and thyroid levels checked, if either of them is low that maybe whats causing your lack of energy.

tnheims- Welcome! Theres a lot of motivation and support on this board and we're not afraid to give you a good swift kick in the butt either lol Hope you have a great day and make healthy choices!!

Connie- Welcome!! Good for you for getting to the gym everyday mon-fri! And as far as karate goes, I took it when I was younger and LOVED it! I'm thinking about getting back into it or jujitsu, i think thats how you spell it, I dunno we'll see, right now with a 7wk old I dont really have the time, but someday hopefully I will:happy:

abetterme- Good job for burning all those cals!! Have fun running errands!!

Amanda- Welcome!! Can't wait to here more from you and good job for getting on the stationary bike and if you go to this website http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php you can calculate how many cals are burned for shoveling snow for whatever length of time you did!

drevansmom- Have fun working out, my little one is waking up and I only got my push-up challenge workout in and then I got on here and got side tracked, next nap will be sit up challenge and a little more strength training

ok to everyon with snow and ice BE SAFE, I've run out of time so I'll write about my day later, Ayden is waking up and demanding food lol
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    HOLY CRAP 3BB has been recruiting!!!! No time to read everything now must go work out since DD just went down for a nap WAHOO!!!
    I'll be back soon!
    GOOD MORNING!

LOL I only recruited one! The rest came on their own. HA! See you in a bit, Lyn!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Hi, I am a stay-at-home mom of three kids, ds13, dd8 and dd4. The oldest two are enrolled in Idaho Virtual Academy so they do their school work here at home and with on-line classes. The youngest has Rett Syndrome so she goes to the developmental pre-school three days a week for an hour and a half. She is an awesome kid though (lol aren't all kids awesome :smile: ), she is completely non-verbal and has no hand function which I believe is what lead me to being overweight. I dealt with her disablitity and sleeplessness nights by drinking lots of coke and eating.

We woke up with 9 inches of fresh snow this morning, that completely ruined by walk, but I got on my stationary bicycle. I would like to know how many calories clearing snow to the chicken house, the duck pen and the goat pen took. Plus filling the woodbox. I am so thankful for my ds because my dh has a back disability. DS is a wonderful help.

I am really not sure why I am chatty this morning. :laugh: Anyway looking forward to getting to know all of youu. Have a great day everyone!

Welcome to the group, Amanda! You have a BUSY life, don't you! I'm glad you found our group!:flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Hey, Supermom! Give that baby some kisses from me! I'm having the "why did we stop at 3" blues at the moment. LOL I'll get over it, though, I'm sure!
  • mommabuzz
    Options
    Newbie here :) Who is a SAHM to her 6 children (well technically only 2 are home during the week) but I am looking for motivation and support while on the tedious journey of finding myself under all the layers. Christmas was great in many ways....lol but its time for a butt kicking!!!! The problem is when your butt sits so low you don't have to lift very high to kick it .....:ohwell:
  • TanyaH
    Options
    Ok guys... may sound like a dork here.... but kinda new to all of the abv - like BB DS DH things like that. Is there a guide LOL or message board dictionary??? :-)