What did you say "NO!" to today?

Replies

• rainah84
    rainah84 Posts: 42 Member
    Nothing, I ate like a complete and utter pig today (around 4000 cals) and feel like crap. Especially since I overate yesterday and another day recently. I've been maintaining instead of losing for close to 2 month because I will eat ok for a couple days, then over eat for a couple days, then eat ok, then over eat, then eat ok, and so on. My exercise is helping me to maintain despite the over eating, but it's also encourages some of the over eating due to being hungry from exercising (especially long runs and hiking on the weekend).
    I'm hoping that after my race this weekend I can ease up on my exercise a bit and hopefully that will make me feel less hungry and I will be less likely to over eat (though I think I'll still need to fight these cravings off first before it gets easier)

Sounds just like me, but I call the overeating times, "blackout days".
  • Sbrewster09
    Sbrewster09 Posts: 6 Member
    I said no to my husbands Chick-fil-a French fries.... It was hard but I did it! Saved myself from 200 calories
  • Fishingdivaht
    Fishingdivaht Posts: 4 Member
    I said no to a cookie that I've been looking at all day in our waiting room!! I know it's not worth the 160 calories, extra fat, and sugar.
  • mrsdrshot
    mrsdrshot Posts: 154 Member
    Some days (or weeks even) are really hard. Hard to say no to anything. Hungry days. But the past two days have been surprisingly easy. I've said no to ice cream and slushies and cake and even bread with dinner and a big potato. Thank heavens for easy days. Hard days will come back for sure.
  • manto2112
    manto2112 Posts: 51 Member
    To a Godiva chocolate. It was hard!! hahaa
  • mrsdrshot
    I said NO to a doughnut with my little son. He wanted one and had been very good at the grocery store, so I indulged him (he only eats about 1/4 of it anyhow) and I skipped getting one for me. I even tossed the rest of his in the trash and didn't bother a nibble.
  • CandiceMcD
    CandiceMcD Posts: 115 Member
    The bag of cadbury mini eggs just sitting on my desk staring at me. This is all happening while I am PMSing so I deserve a medal.
  • mrsdrshot
    CandiceMcD wrote: »
    The bag of cadbury mini eggs just sitting on my desk staring at me. This is all happening while I am PMSing so I deserve a medal.

You DO deserve a medal. Or an apple and peanut butter :)
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Donuts in the break room! Yay me!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    I think I may have reached the point where I have to start saying no to all chips, pretzels, doritos etc... if I have 1, the bag will soon be gone. Every singe time... UGH!
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    said no to fast food for lunch, had a healthy choice frozen lunch instead and it was gross so I just picked at it.
  • I said no to extra beer and chocolate
  • Miss13x
    Miss13x Posts: 15 Member
    Chocolate chip cookies
  • I said no to jerk chicken and a frosty - stuck with my pre-planned food woohoo!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    sugar and cigarettes
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Doing the 21 day fix and supporting a company that encourages Orthorexia.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Foodwise...nothing. There's nothing I want that I can't have anymore, or better yet, I can have everything I want now...but in terms of life? I said no to being a doormat to my adult kids.
  • lhtbuzz123
    lhtbuzz123 Posts: 40 Member
    I said "no" to devouring an entire share bag of skittles... 2 handfuls too late... But I was so close to just mindlessly eating the rest in front of the telly... Everything in moderation :)
  • heidio2
    heidio2 Posts: 110 Member
    I said no to yummy mexican food. Had a brothy chicken soup instead. Felt great afterwards…oh and beer. That's so hard to turn down at a mexican restaurant. Love me some Dos XX
  • MrsCaitlinBeltran
    MrsCaitlinBeltran Posts: 241 Member
    I said no to feeling guilty today after going over my calories yesterday--had McDonald's, cinnamon toast, and caramel popcorn. I've stayed on track today and have basically been kicking booty-no guilt at all! :)