WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR SEPTEMBER 2015

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,968 Member
    Options
    clh72569 wrote: »
    Hello ladies. I have been reading your posts and you are a truly inspirational bunch! I would love to join your group. My name is Cat I am 53 and 4"11. I started at 150 lbs and am now at 110. I am from San Diego.
    smiley-signs046.gifHi Cat, we are glad you are here. You joined just by posting. I hope you will come back often and join the conversation.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif I just came back from walking Brandy. Jake walked Sasha while we were gone. Usually I walk both dogs together after lunch, so this was my compromise. I am surprising myself that I have been so balanced.

dog.gif I love walking the dogs very early in the morning when it is much cooler than the rest of the day and much quieter and fewer distractions.

smiley-sleep027.gif Now it might be time for my nap.

<3 Barbie
  • xclntmgr
    xclntmgr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I dropped all dieting and excise mid month in august. It is a nee month time to try again. Gym definitely 5 days a week. Shani in Port Orchard WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,649 Member
    Options
    xcintmgr - howdy, i'm in tacoma
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    starting to load the airstream for the upcoming weekend!

Cool, have fun and be soooooooooooo careful :) I've been loading the motor home too, we leave Thursday morning for a couple of weeks.

Janetr OKC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,316 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    We are home!
    Too embarrassed to eat our Turkish kebab meal on the train as it was VERY stinky, but we ate the spinach flatbread and saved the rest to eat at home. Bit late for a big meal so I have some left for lunch tomorrow. :)

DDIL is comfortable now and staying in overnight. Apparently when I googled it, it is a 1 in 3, 000 complication of that stage of pregnancy, but well documented. The hospital, which is a major teaching hospital where I was treated didn't recognise it immediately.
    DGD was quite upset by her mother screaming in pain as they drove in (2 litres!) and kept saying to us, "Mummy hospital".I kept saying , "they are making mummy better", but it didn't stop tears rolling down her cheeks when her daddy left to go back to his wife. :love: You wonder what is going through their heads. DGS seemed to cope ok.
    We were able to leave in reasonable time as DDIL wanted DS to get back to put DGD to bed. She was ok by then. We fed and bathed them. DH had an abortive go at changing a nappy while I was out buying food. Whoops! He had NO idea, but she really had to be changed so he did his best. Luckily she is very amenable to being redone!

Very tired and aching now. Feel almost ill. Hope it's temporary. I am just glad we were able to be of help.
    If DDIL is not off the catheter soon it might stop their Paris trip that we are scheduled to babysit for in a fortnight. :/ It could be a long while, but we hope not. All to do with a retrotilted uterus and pressure on the urethra. Eventually the uterus grows out of the pelvic cavity. They can do it manually and insert a support. :ohwell:

Now to bed.

Heather UK
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Heather- I hope everything goes well for your DDIL. I'm sure that your grandchildren feel comforted by your presence.

Mary from Minnesota
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hugs to all of you and kudos as well. It is so inspirational to read what is happening. I just can't keep up. Oh well!
    One of my chickens turned out to be a male and is now gone (probably to a stewpot but had a good life while he was here).
    Becca - love that you posted your polka bathing suit, what a bargain! Also love the attitude in your poses!
    Heather - sending prayers that good outcomes for your ddil and son & family. Feel better!

Today is day 1 of refraining from any food with sugar ingredients. Have cut back over time but would like to make it complete. Telling myself I'm gaining freedom from headaches! Better memory & functioning! Gotta get rid of the GS cookies in the freezer sooner rather than later.

Word for September: ASPIRE
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Having a very difficult day so am just reading to catch up and try to get past this depression/anger/hopeless feeling. Sometimes I just need to wallow to move on. Know that I am thinking of you all and am thankful to have you in my life.

Gloria/WA
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,771 Member
    Options
    Heather ... So glad your DIL is doing better. Surely can understand how a little one would be frightened! Heck, hearing someone scream in pain frightens me! Funny that DH gave it a go with the diaper! Have to love him for trying! Get some rest! It's been a long day!

My day turned out better than expected ... Nothing was said about husband's and son's nasty behavior ... But shrubs I've wanted pulled for years miraculously came out today! :lol: and husband thought going out to dinner would save me from having to cook on a holiday!

Beth
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Beth - I am glad that those shrubs got pulled! That is his way of saying he is sorry. Men! I hope you have a good rest of your day.

Gloria-I hope you feel better! I was having a bad day today again craving food that I shouldn't be eating. I am fighting off those urges! I can't lie it is extremely hard. Even though I know what to do it's not always easy to do it! Getting up and going for a walk really helps me to get past those feelings. Or getting busy doing something to take your mind off of it. Get a supply of funny videos to have on hand. America's funniest videos is a good show to watch. Can't get enough of a guy getting hit in the nuts! LOL

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • relater2000
    relater2000 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Hope everyone had a great day. My youngest son and I went on a day trip from Lansing to South Haven (on the Lake Michigan coast) today. We walked together there at the beach for about an hour so that was my main exercise for the day. We had a great time spending the day together.

When we returned to Lansing, stopped in to the store to pick up something and it was raining on the way into the store, but by the time we came out again, it was really pouring! Also, the drain in the parking lot near where I parked the car must have been plugged because when we got there, there was a standing puddle of 4-6 inches deep! Soaked our feet! :D

Elaine in mid-Michigan
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Well it's official, he signed up to do the marathon again.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    y2phnohidu8i.jpg

Just have to remember to go back to the goals..... :)

Cheri in HOT NE Ohio
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    ydailey wrote: »
    Oh, dear... I was hit with a sudden stomach bug Saturday morning. The scale says I lost 4 pounds over the weekend, but I'm going to say that's not a true loss and postpone a weigh-in until eating is stable again. Right now I'm on the "whatever you can keep down" diet, and have just discovered the cucumber Gatorade is disgusting beyond belief. Of course, I feel that way about most Gatorade, but the cucumber variety is especially loathsome.

-Yvonne in TX
    For some reason this reminds me of what my nephew said to me after complaining that the dermatologist didn't warn me that a procedure to my face was going to hurt. He said, "Aunt Kay, what part of having your face scraped did you think wasn't going to hurt?" So I say to you: what part of cucumber Gatorade did you think was going to taste good?

Hope you feel better soon.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Having a very difficult day so am just reading to catch up and try to get past this depression/anger/hopeless feeling. Sometimes I just need to wallow to move on. Know that I am thinking of you all and am thankful to have you in my life.

Gloria/WA

Hang in there, Gloria.

• pipcd34
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,374 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone new!

Heather - I echo everything Mary from MN said about your DIL and the children

Went in the pool, then got dinner ready, had a late dinner. This is weird -- Monday is usually my really busy day and today it wasn't.

Michele in NC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Gloria/WA -Oh Gloria wish I could help. It's no fun feeling that way. Hope you can shake it off quickly and move on (((((hugs)))))

Beth - Wow, way to go hubby!! Men kind of have a way of doing that. Not say anything but let you know that were a bit of a horses patootie :) Glad you're feeling better about the situation.

Mary from Minnesota - Great NSV SCORE!!! for fighting the urge. If fighting off these urges were easy, none of us would be here. We all know first hand what a miserable struggle it can be sometimes. Very proud of you girlfriend. :)

Elaine in mid-Michigan - sounds like you and your son had a great time together, how wonderful. At least you were headed home with your wet feet :)

Pip - cool beans, sista

Cheri - love your words of wisdom, thanks for sharing. So, so true.

I exercised more this morning than I have for a couple of weeks. It just gives me so much more energy why can't I remember that and just do it first thing each day? I loaded some stuff in the motor home for our trip and did some cooking of food we will be taking with us and felt so much better than I have for a couple of weeks. Our neighbors are going with us on the trip, we usually take turns fixing dinner for all of us then share meal time. Normally we talk and plan out who will fix what, well she called me today and said she just didn't feel up to cooking much and what did I want her do fix. She is on oxygen and has been having some problems lately, so I told her not to worry, that I would cook a few extra dinners and it would be fine. I know she was relieved. They will celebrate their 54th wedding anniversary the 22nd of this month, now that is special!!!

Janetr OKC