Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    Hi All, I have a major confession to make. I am a stalker! I have been following this thread since day one and reading ALL the comments daily. I even make references to this thread to my boyfriend on a semi regular basis - he has pretty much forced me to post here as he says it's pretty creepy I read but don't engage! ( my apologies for the creepy-ness but I am annoyingly socially awkward)
    Anyway, I wanted to post to say thank you to all of you for entertaining me and making me laugh - and sometimes cry - daily. Also for motivating me. Due to the many discussions on beginning weight workouts etc in recent weeks I have been moved to restart this myself. Weights 3 times a week for the past 3 weeks - let's just hope I can keep it up.
    To sum up - thanks everyone for being a positive force in my life recently even though you didn't know it ( I'd insert a smiley face here but don't know how!) I shall crawl back under my rock now.....

That's quite an accomplishment. I <3 this thread dearly, and I haven't been able to keep up daily.

Good job taking up weights, you'll love the results. I found that it quickly became a habit, then an essential part of my routine... now I MISS lifting when I can't do it (like when travelling).

Yup yup yup! I'm away next week. I have a feeling I'm going to be picking up sofas and stuff. Deadlift a small person or a dog...

This made me laugh. I think I need pictures.

The only dog I came across was a 10 month old Huskey, and he wouldn't stay still long enough. Huskeys wriggle A LOT!

Did you let him know you needed him for your gainz?

Ha ha all I gained was dog hair and bruises

You could try lifting my Rottweiler, I'm sure she'd stay fairly still for you
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Total lurker here, been reading from day 1. Commented a few times. All of you guys are so amazing and supportive of each other. I can't believe the thread has been going so long. Confession time for me, it's late and I'm back at work tomorrow after 2 weeks off (looking after my Dad while my mum was on holiday) and I'm not looking forward to it. In the last fortnight I have eaten all of the foods, literally, there is now a chocolate and pizza shortage in my home town and it's all my fault.

Also KylerJaye, my boyfriend is 15 years younger than me and we've been together 3 years - if it works at the time for both of you, I see no issue. And I'm sorry for butting in, but I feel like I know you all :smile:

Now that you're butting in you have to stay in. We have to get to know.you too. It's only fair.

(Standing behind and slightly to the right of @MelissaPhippsFeagins with my arms crossed and my foot tapping)

Mmmmhmmm, I'm with her. :smiley:

Yup. Fair's fair.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    *predate update*

Bwahahaha!

Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum. Last night date dude was 44. Tonight? TWENTY.

It's ok, I have no idea what i'm doing either, but he was really persistent, so I thought. ...what the hell?

I'm currently sitting at the restaurant's bar, waiting for the man child to show up.

Wish me luck! Lol

Hahahaha!! You cougar you!! Good luck let us know how it goes!! xoxo
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    *post date update*

First date #16

Taking a page from @nonoelmo - a really nice guy, just not for me. Oh and he initially he told me he had one kid that was 24, but actually had two and the other is 13...not cool.

So....bleh

Seriously! What is wrong with people? And isn't he a little old for you? Not judging, just asking.

LOL, sadly no! He's 44, I'm 34. I am having issues coming to terms with ages no longer being "too old" for me. :D

Try thinking 50+ men are now your age range. I can't imagine a 20 year old is going to hold your interest. But good luck.

ETA in case I want clear I now have to look at 50+ year old men as my age range.
    *predate update*

Bwahahaha!

Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum. Last night date dude was 44. Tonight? TWENTY.

It's ok, I have no idea what i'm doing either, but he was really persistent, so I thought. ...what the hell?

I'm currently sitting at the restaurant's bar, waiting for the man child to show up.

Wish me luck! Lol

*post date update*

First date #16

Taking a page from @nonoelmo - a really nice guy, just not for me. Oh and he initially he told me he had one kid that was 24, but actually had two and the other is 13...not cool.

So....bleh

Seriously! What is wrong with people? And isn't he a little old for you? Not judging, just asking.

LOL, sadly no! He's 44, I'm 34. I am having issues coming to terms with ages no longer being "too old" for me. :D

Try thinking 50+ men are now your age range. I can't imagine a 20 year old is going to hold your interest. But good luck.

ETA in case I want clear I now have to look at 50+ year old men as my age range.

Omg! Post date update on the way....

*Impatiently waits*

I dont know if you said before, but how old are you? For comparison......

*post date update*

first date #17

ok, let me try this again.... @Italian_Buju i'm 34. :)

and yes, @LBuehrle8 i totally felt like a cougar!!

give the dude credit, he lives an hour away and was totally like...that doesn't matter! i can't wait to meet you! how adorable.

BUT his profile said he was 21. which, even at that point i'm leery and expecting some type of fraternity hazing experience to be going down. but also to his credit, i was like dude, let go to this bar and he's like i cant, i'm only 20! to which, i was like dude, change your profile! and he was very sweet and apologetic. which was long before we met, so it wasn't quite the pull of the rug that i'm used to.

but still! he's like a sweet innocent baby boy! it was a cute first date, what do you like? i like this stuff! kinda thing...which was fantastic because when we tried to talk about music, he hadn't heard of any of my favs!! and that's when i felt ancient!

nine inch nails
    tori amos
    spiritualized
    franz ferdinand
    rilo kiley
    mumford and sons
    marilyn manson

NOTHING! lol
    so i gave him a stack of my burned cd's to educate himself. lol
    punkin....you need these more than i do...LOL

ok, so end of night, i went to do like the sweet kiss goodnight....and he DEVOURED my face! LOL
    it was ridiculous, but cute because i know how young he is....

can't imagine anything will come of this, but it was ridiculously adorable ;)

OK, so here's a related confession. Right before I met my husband I had lost a lot of weight (this was the first time, lol, not this most recent time) and I was going out alllll the time. I was in my early thirties at the time and pretty much exclusively dated guys in their early 20s. I loved how young and eager they were. And just super cute. LMAO @lilaclovebird, you never know....
  • ScarletShopaholic
    Options
    *predate update*

Bwahahaha!

Wish me luck! Lol

*post date update*

First date #16

So....bleh

*predate update*

Bwahahaha!

Wish me luck! Lol

*post date update*

First date #16

So....bleh

*Impatiently waits*

*post date update*

first date #17

give the dude credit, he lives an hour away and was totally like...that doesn't matter! i can't wait to meet you! how adorable.

BUT his profile said he was 21. which, even at that point i'm leery and expecting some type of fraternity hazing experience to be going down. but also to his credit, i was like dude, let go to this bar and he's like i cant, i'm only 20! to which, i was like dude, change your profile! and he was very sweet and apologetic. which was long before we met, so it wasn't quite the pull of the rug that i'm used to.

but still! he's like a sweet innocent baby boy! it was a cute first date, what do you like? i like this stuff! kinda thing...which was fantastic because when we tried to talk about music, he hadn't heard of any of my favs!! and that's when i felt ancient!

nine inch nails
    tori amos
    spiritualized
    franz ferdinand
    rilo kiley
    mumford and sons
    marilyn manson

NOTHING! lol

ok, so end of night, i went to do like the sweet kiss goodnight....and he DEVOURED my face! LOL

OK, so here's a related confession. Right before I met my husband I had lost a lot of weight (this was the first time, lol, not this most recent time) and I was going out alllll the time. I was in my early thirties at the time and pretty much exclusively dated guys in their early 20s. I loved how young and eager they were. And just super cute. LMAO @lilaclovebird, you never know....

I get on better with younger men I find, maybe because I'm quite immature (refuse to grow up). A couple of guys I dated my age or just slightly older seemed like they were a lot older in attitude - and it got on my nerves, always saying they couldn't do this or that because they were too old....erm nope, don't agree. If you enjoy it why stop doing it because of your age.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I feel like this needs some kind of trumpet fanfare to announce it.

We have finished re-wiring our house! We had to do it in stages because it was just too much money, mess and time to do all at once. It started in March and the house fought us every step of the way - solid concrete floors downstairs and upstairs, but of course. Solid brick walls, even internally. Weird steps all over the place. Ah it wasn't fun at all. But now it is finished and I have light switches NEXT TO DOORS and sockets IN EVERY ROOM. I can't get across how novel this is for me. I spent the whole weekend cleaning everything and rearranging everything (we had to empty out the whole kitchen) and painting over cracks.

So I'm shattered now. But relieved we got this big, messy job finished before the little'un arrives. We might even think about doing some actual plastering and decorating before the birth and I can have a normal room in my house. I need a rest for a couple of days though.

Woohoo! Well done!

Sounds like the wiring was very challenging... decorating will be a breeze after all that.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    *predate update*

Bwahahaha!

Wish me luck! Lol

*post date update*

First date #16

So....bleh

*predate update*

Bwahahaha!

Wish me luck! Lol

*post date update*

First date #16

So....bleh

*Impatiently waits*

*post date update*

first date #17

nine inch nails
    tori amos
    spiritualized
    franz ferdinand
    rilo kiley
    mumford and sons
    marilyn manson

NOTHING! lol

I love this whole update, lol.

That update was wow. I'm laughing. I had NO idea you were 34. I feel like a baby now at only 26....that doesn't happen often anymore so I'm grateful. :grin:
    And to top it all off some of you 30's ladies look my age or YOUNGER! I hope I get that lucky. :blush:

yeah, i'm surprisingly immature for my age :D
  • KylerJaye
    Options
    Great Bonac Foot Race 10K this am... I do this every year. Wish me luck!

I had a killer run yesterday, even though I kept trying to slow it down every mile was mostly faster, and I had several miles at 8:10, 8:11, 8:14, 8:20, 8:44.

I am tired and sore today. So I'll either do great, or I will do terrible today!

hope you had a great race!
  • ScarletShopaholic
    Options
    *predate update*

Bwahahaha!

Wish me luck! Lol

*post date update*

First date #16

So....bleh

*predate update*

Bwahahaha!

Wish me luck! Lol

*post date update*

First date #16

So....bleh

*Impatiently waits*

*post date update*

first date #17

nine inch nails
    tori amos
    spiritualized
    franz ferdinand
    rilo kiley
    mumford and sons
    marilyn manson

NOTHING! lol

I love this whole update, lol.

That update was wow. I'm laughing. I had NO idea you were 34. I feel like a baby now at only 26....that doesn't happen often anymore so I'm grateful. :grin:
    And to top it all off some of you 30's ladies look my age or YOUNGER! I hope I get that lucky. :blush:

yeah, i'm surprisingly immature for my age :D

Lol I'm older than you and it's not a surprise at all that I'm immature for my age :)
  • KylerJaye
    Options
    *predate update*

Bwahahaha!

Wish me luck! Lol

*post date update*

First date #16

So....bleh

*predate update*

Bwahahaha!

Wish me luck! Lol

*post date update*

First date #16

So....bleh

*Impatiently waits*

*post date update*

first date #17

nine inch nails
    tori amos
    spiritualized
    franz ferdinand
    rilo kiley
    mumford and sons
    marilyn manson

NOTHING! lol

This totally cracks me up! And he has no excuse for not knowing Mumford and Sons - that's current (you and I totally have similar music tastes).

right?!

so i asked, well what kind of music do you listen to?
    and he says...
    more classic rock and billy joel, and clarence cleerwater revival.
    me: umm...do you mean creedence?
    him: oh wow, i've been saying it wrong this whole time.

hehehehehehe :D
  • KylerJaye
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I feel like this needs some kind of trumpet fanfare to announce it.

We have finished re-wiring our house! We had to do it in stages because it was just too much money, mess and time to do all at once. It started in March and the house fought us every step of the way - solid concrete floors downstairs and upstairs, but of course. Solid brick walls, even internally. Weird steps all over the place. Ah it wasn't fun at all. But now it is finished and I have light switches NEXT TO DOORS and sockets IN EVERY ROOM. I can't get across how novel this is for me. I spent the whole weekend cleaning everything and rearranging everything (we had to empty out the whole kitchen) and painting over cracks.

So I'm shattered now. But relieved we got this big, messy job finished before the little'un arrives. We might even think about doing some actual plastering and decorating before the birth and I can have a normal room in my house. I need a rest for a couple of days though.

that's amazing!! great job!
  • ScarletShopaholic
    Options
    *predate update*

Bwahahaha!

Wish me luck! Lol

*post date update*

First date #16

So....bleh

*predate update*

Bwahahaha!

Wish me luck! Lol

*post date update*

First date #16

So....bleh

*Impatiently waits*

*post date update*

first date #17

nine inch nails
    tori amos
    spiritualized
    franz ferdinand
    rilo kiley
    mumford and sons
    marilyn manson

NOTHING! lol

This totally cracks me up! And he has no excuse for not knowing Mumford and Sons - that's current (you and I totally have similar music tastes).

right?!

so i asked, well what kind of music do you listen to?
    and he says...
    more classic rock and billy joel, and clarence cleerwater revival.
    me: umm...do you mean creedence?
    him: oh wow, i've been saying it wrong this whole time.

hehehehehehe :D

lol that's so cute, bless
  • KylerJaye
    Options
    *post date update*

first date #18

very "not much to write home about"
    nice? sure.
    looked like his photos? maybe 35 lbs ago (grrr)
    had a few beverages, some idle chit chat.
    kinda boring.
    is he now texting me constantly? yep! :/

next....
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I have a major confession to make. I am a stalker! I have been following this thread since day one and reading ALL the comments daily. I even make references to this thread to my boyfriend on a semi regular basis - he has pretty much forced me to post here as he says it's pretty creepy I read but don't engage! ( my apologies for the creepy-ness but I am annoyingly socially awkward)
    Anyway, I wanted to post to say thank you to all of you for entertaining me and making me laugh - and sometimes cry - daily. Also for motivating me. Due to the many discussions on beginning weight workouts etc in recent weeks I have been moved to restart this myself. Weights 3 times a week for the past 3 weeks - let's just hope I can keep it up.
    To sum up - thanks everyone for being a positive force in my life recently even though you didn't know it ( I'd insert a smiley face here but don't know how!) I shall crawl back under my rock now.....

That's quite an accomplishment. I <3 this thread dearly, and I haven't been able to keep up daily.

Good job taking up weights, you'll love the results. I found that it quickly became a habit, then an essential part of my routine... now I MISS lifting when I can't do it (like when travelling).

Yup yup yup! I'm away next week. I have a feeling I'm going to be picking up sofas and stuff. Deadlift a small person or a dog...

The only dog I came across was a 10 month old Huskey, and he wouldn't stay still long enough. Huskeys wriggle A LOT!

Ha ha try being the main word. I might have to work my way up to a full grown Rottweiler. The 10 month old Huskey was a challenge
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    *post date update*

first date #18

very "not much to write home about"
    nice? sure.
    looked like his photos? maybe 35 lbs ago (grrr)
    had a few beverages, some idle chit chat.
    kinda boring.
    is he now texting me constantly? yep! :/

next....

Try the "you are great and I am really glad we met. I just didn't feel the kind of connection I need in a relationship." Answers him once then ignore.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    I love your updates and your attitude.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    tobistat wrote: »
    Anyone everyone watch Property Brothers? Or any shows with the twins Drew and Jonathan? Ugh I'm obsessed with them they are my dream man...gorgeous, beautiful, twin men!!! Ahh <3

I love the Property Brothers too! I watch them every day when I'm on the treadmill. They are cute! I like their accents too :)

I do this too! But accents? Lol
  • ScarletShopaholic
    edited September 2015
    Options

Ha ha try being the main word. I might have to work my way up to a full grown Rottweiler. The 10 month old Huskey was a challenge

lol she's quite small for a Rottweiler, and getting older so not too wriggly
  • ScarletShopaholic
    edited September 2015
    Options

If you mean KylerJaye, so do I. I can't wait for new updates. While still hoping she meets the 'one'
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

+1 <3
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    tobistat wrote: »
    Anyone everyone watch Property Brothers? Or any shows with the twins Drew and Jonathan? Ugh I'm obsessed with them they are my dream man...gorgeous, beautiful, twin men!!! Ahh <3

I love the Property Brothers too! I watch them every day when I'm on the treadmill. They are cute! I like their accents too :)

I do this too! But accents? Lol

I think she may be British? I'm American but watching the show you can DEFinitely tell they're Canadian! Pretty thick accent there.