Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

*If you have reservations about religion or God, you may want to skip this post, I really hope you don't, but if that's the case you may want to stop here!*

These past few weeks I've been really struggling, especially after finding out that the doctors are completely confused about Raelynn and what we need to do from here. I literally drove home Friday in tears because I don't know what else we can do. She's got these problems, but she doesn't meet the criteria for this diagnosis and that one and so forth. I've been at the end of my rope. BIL and SIL invited us to come to their church last Sunday, and I decided to put my reservations about church and religion aside for that and go because they really wanted us to go. I absolutely do not regret that decision one bit! Something happened during that service, and I just threw my hands up and told God, "I don't know what's going to happen from here, I don't know what's down the road, but I know I can't keep living like this and I can't do this on my own. I need your help." Ever since, I've felt so much better, I feel like I've got so much peace in my life for once, and I'm so happy! :smiley: [/quote]

That's wonderful!! Sometimes the best stress reliever is to just give it to God. :)[/quote]

Yes it really is!!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm so far behind here and the batcave I've been avoiding the site since looking at all of it gives me anxiety :(

Jump back in!! Get er done!! We miss you. I was just going to ask about you in the batcave!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Story time!

*Mr. Susie and I, sitting in the car in front of a small shop after buying him an ice cream bar*
    Mr. Susie: *takes a bite and then hands it to me so he can drive home* Here. Hold this. Don't let it melt!
    Me: That's not under my control. Tell physics not to let it melt!

*two minutes later*

Me: ... I think physics is melting your ice cream.

I love your stories!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »

Good enough! I'm buying a bag when I find them.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I NEED brownies... The fudgy kind, not the cakey kind. Anyone want to hook me up? LOL

(I'm obviously PMSing. Two donuts this morning, I'm craving brownies and hunting down chips. Yikes!)
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

I don't like All Dressed because to me the dominant flavour is BBQ, which I don't like.

If you're a big fan of BBQ chips, go for it.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    It mentions vinegar. Can you taste vinegar at all? :s
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    We shall soon see. I think I may hunt down a bag after work just for grins!!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    *post date update*

first date #22

this was saturday afternoon and was probably the most "non-date" first date ever.
    i'll fully admit, i didn't even attempt to try.

had been talking to this dude for a lil while, and we kept trying to set something up, but schedules were always getting in the way. so on saturday he's like hey! i'm free for a bit this afternoon if you want to chill. my reply? it's a pajama jams saturday, i have zero intentions of doing anything other than having beverages and listening to my ipod. zero fracks shall be given. (yeah, not trying, at all).

apparently this dude saw my ghetto attitude as fun and refreshing (lol), and was like sounds awesome!
    so dude came over and chilled on the porch for a while with beverages, chit chats, and a random cig here and there. he was also very fond of my batman pajamas (yeah i don't mess around). found out he's a lawyer (classy!), and really, really chill and relaxed, which apparently doesn't quite meld with his profession. so i'm thinking the idea to sit on a porch with a chick in pj's and beverages would be a fun change of pace.

and he was really nice! hung out for a few hours, and i actually had a great time.
    maybe a #2? who knows, gonna have to wait and see, but overall a good day :)

I'm glad you a) had a good time b) met someone who obviously has an appreciation for "real" c) didn't have to fend off any unwanted advances. Fingers crossed for a second date with this one.

@berlynnwall good to see you back! And didn't you post something about pumpkin spice donuts....? :p

Thanks! I did. I am going to get the stuff when I go shopping on Saturday. I'll report back!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Confession: I just ate a peanut butter and jelly doughnut. If possible, I have negative regrets. That was a sound taste bud investment.

Mmm wow didn't know those existed!!

It was just a jelly doughnut with (glorious) peanut butter frosting, but it was absolutely what I needed/wanted.

My local doughnut shop makes a strawberry filled doughnut with peanut butter icing. I miss those. And this year they are making a pumpkin filled with cream cheese icing. I got Mr. Mel.one the other day. It smelled wonderful.

Dear God,

Please let Heaven be filled with these pumpkin donuts when I get there. Thank you.

Love,

Laura

Yes, yes... 1000 times yes.

The only good thing about fall: it's Pumpkin Season.

I love it!!

I've already bought some Pumpkin foods B).

Pumpkin Fiber One bar (pretty good for 90 calories), Chobani Pumpkin Spice (awful for 130 calories), & Dannon Pumpkin yogurt (170 calories & really good).

I had my first Pumpkin Chai latte of the season yesterday....MMmmmmm!

@KylerJaye and @kecmw25 - BLASPHEMY!

I tried the Pumpkin Spice Latte this weekend from Starbucks. They changed the ingredients and I'm not a fan of the new taste which makes me sad, I love pumpkin anything (I'm an October baby, my mom would make me pumpkin flavoured cakes etc).

If you have a Target near you then they have a lot of different Pumpkin/Halloween foods this year. I bought Pumpkin Spice M&Ms, Peeps in Pumpkin Spice, Candy Corn, & Caramel Apple flavors, a Russell Stover's Pumpkin Spice Latte candy bar, & a Hammonds Candy Corn Bar (this was awful).

I tried the Pumpkin Spice Peeps & they were awesome! I wish I would've bought a few more packages of them.

I hope I can find the Peanut Butter & Co. Pumpkin Spice spread & the Hostess Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes.

I bought a limited addition pumpkin pie ice cream today......

Yum sounds good, which brand is it?
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    hi all,

haven't been on here in a while, but my summer job is over so I have tons of free time to browse and post.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Confession: I just ate a peanut butter and jelly doughnut. If possible, I have negative regrets. That was a sound taste bud investment.

It was just a jelly doughnut with (glorious) peanut butter frosting, but it was absolutely what I needed/wanted.

My local doughnut shop makes a strawberry filled doughnut with peanut butter icing. I miss those. And this year they are making a pumpkin filled with cream cheese icing. I got Mr. Mel.one the other day. It smelled wonderful.

Dear God,

Please let Heaven be filled with these pumpkin donuts when I get there. Thank you.

Love,

Laura

I love it!!

Pumpkin Fiber One bar (pretty good for 90 calories), Chobani Pumpkin Spice (awful for 130 calories), & Dannon Pumpkin yogurt (170 calories & really good).

I tried the Pumpkin Spice Latte this weekend from Starbucks. They changed the ingredients and I'm not a fan of the new taste which makes me sad, I love pumpkin anything (I'm an October baby, my mom would make me pumpkin flavoured cakes etc).

If you have a Target near you then they have a lot of different Pumpkin/Halloween foods this year. I bought Pumpkin Spice M&Ms, Peeps in Pumpkin Spice, Candy Corn, & Caramel Apple flavors, a Russell Stover's Pumpkin Spice Latte candy bar, & a Hammonds Candy Corn Bar (this was awful).

I tried the Pumpkin Spice Peeps & they were awesome! I wish I would've bought a few more packages of them.

I hope I can find the Peanut Butter & Co. Pumpkin Spice spread & the Hostess Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes.

Trader joe's has its pumpkin stuff out now.

I saw Pumpkin Cheesecake, pumpkin macrons, pumpkin pie, pumpkin butter, pumpkin granola and pumpkin cheerio's.

I think they also had pumpkin ice cream
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

Dear God,

Love,

Laura

I love it!!

Trader joe's has its pumpkin stuff out now.

I saw Pumpkin Cheesecake, pumpkin macrons, pumpkin pie, pumpkin butter, pumpkin granola and pumpkin cheerio's.

I think they also had pumpkin ice cream

Welcome back and keep on reading!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Just popping in for a second, I'm still here, just really busy!

*If you have reservations about religion or God, you may want to skip this post, I really hope you don't, but if that's the case you may want to stop here!*

These past few weeks I've been really struggling, especially after finding out that the doctors are completely confused about Raelynn and what we need to do from here. I literally drove home Friday in tears because I don't know what else we can do. She's got these problems, but she doesn't meet the criteria for this diagnosis and that one and so forth. I've been at the end of my rope. BIL and SIL invited us to come to their church last Sunday, and I decided to put my reservations about church and religion aside for that and go because they really wanted us to go. I absolutely do not regret that decision one bit! Something happened during that service, and I just threw my hands up and told God, "I don't know what's going to happen from here, I don't know what's down the road, but I know I can't keep living like this and I can't do this on my own. I need your help." Ever since, I've felt so much better, I feel like I've got so much peace in my life for once, and I'm so happy! :smiley:

Sometimes, telling God "you do this, I can't." Is all we can do.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Confession: two donuts. That is all.

Roughly one hour in hip hop or Zumba class or a three mile run. Or just eat less the rest of the day.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    *post date update*

first date #23

i'm not sure if i should even be allowed to call these "dates" anymore.
    more like casual meet and greets.

case in point, last night:
    chatting with dude, and he's like hey i'm over at this local bar, you should stop by. i kindly tell him no way, 'cause
    1. i've had a few beverages and didn't want to go anywhere and
    2. it's garbage night and i've got a lot of junk to do around the house!
    hehehe

so then he offers to stop by and help me do chores (lol)
    sure thing!
    which really just consisted of us moving from room to room chatting while i cleaned and he tried to befriend my dogs (this effort was in vain, my dogs hate everyone). still a fun time though!

nice enough dude, but prolly not for me.
    If the dogs hate him, you can't keep him. Just saying...
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    *post date update*

first date #23

i'm not sure if i should even be allowed to call these "dates" anymore.
    more like casual meet and greets.

case in point, last night:
    chatting with dude, and he's like hey i'm over at this local bar, you should stop by. i kindly tell him no way, 'cause
    1. i've had a few beverages and didn't want to go anywhere and
    2. it's garbage night and i've got a lot of junk to do around the house!
    hehehe

so then he offers to stop by and help me do chores (lol)
    sure thing!
    which really just consisted of us moving from room to room chatting while i cleaned and he tried to befriend my dogs (this effort was in vain, my dogs hate everyone). still a fun time though!

nice enough dude, but prolly not for me.

Ha! Well, at least you aren't wasting a lot of time getting all dressed up for these guys. I will say this, though. Please be careful. You never know anybody's story that you meet online. I worry for you telling them where you live before you know them.

THIS
    This unless you have a carry permit and a gun on you all the time. I don't want your friend to have to avenge you. And I really don't want you to have to shoot some maniac you met on the internet either.