Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    So confession that I haven't been to my gym in several years, but still have the membership. Can't just toss a $25/yr membership, even if I am not using it. Well, today is the day I go reaquaint myself with this space. I just hope I don't get accosted by the Weight Watchers people that are now attached to the gym.

That's a bargain. I wish I could find a gym that cheap. Let us know how it goes.

You know! I pay $60 a MONTH.

Yeah, mine is more like $100 a month. I thought all gyms seemed cheap in the US. I think they work to a different business model.

Most US gyms charge a lower monthly fee and count on every member not coming daily or even every other day. Someone from my YMCA staff is likely to Facebook me today and find out why I haven't been there in over a week.

One of my friends from high school went to Planet Fitness. He said it was $10/month and free pizza on Wednesdays. I always felt the free pizza was a little counterproductive on his part, but great for business. If you're gorging on free pizza once a week, chances are you'll still need that membership a little longer :tongue:

Free pizza one Monday evening a month and free bagels on one Tuesday morning at mine. I've definitely seen people check in, get pizza, and leave. The basic membership is $10/mo and the "upgrade" is $20/mo, so maybe that's worth a free pizza dinner?

PF absolutely banks on the "please don't show up" model since my gym could probably fit 250-300 people at absolute capacity, and has something like 4000 members. I am NOT their prefered customer. :p
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    raymax4 wrote: »
    My NSV for today. Saw my doctor this morning, and I no longer have to take BP meds! I am slowly but surely getting off all these darn pills! Two more to go!

I love this, it goes to show we have control over our medical destiny

One year ago I was taking two shots a day (insulin and a medication to help my body produce insulin) and 2 different kind of pills to control blood sugar and also taking pills for cholesterol and blood pressure. I got off the shots many months ago and am down to one of the pills and half dose of other one for blood sugar and off the cholesterol and bp meds. We do have control over some things. Some are not so lucky as I am, there is no cure for type 1 diabetes for instance.

This is wonderful and you should be so proud of yourself!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    sarabeth40 wrote: »
    Not a gym confession, but my friend is getting back together with her loser boyfriend. He treats her like dirt. I hate him. Anyways, she made him some fall cookies. I might or might not have licked some of them. :p

I would have done worse than licking...

How about some laxatives in there? :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I was such a child last night, wanted a takeaway for tea but nobody else did, so you would think I should say good, I can stick to my calories, but nope, I sulked, to myself. And had chocolate and crisps for tea, but hey, was still within my calories :smile:

I felt like such a kid yesterday eating Frankenberry cereal for breakfast.

My SO would love that stuff! We already come back from US trips with huge boxes of Captain Crunch with Crunchberries.

I just flexed to check out my arm in my office mirror. It's a tiny cheap "locker" mirror that I have on the wall and it's to prevent disasters like walking around sporting a mascara smear or food in my teeth, so I had to move around to view my whole arm.

I like muscles. :) But I'm really glad nobody saw me do that.

I like muscles too.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I don't know if it's the crappy weather, PMS, fall allergies, or what, but all I want to do this whole week has been to crawl back into bed with a good book and lots of chocolate. My eating has been pretty bad (although I did get my fudgy brownie and I don't regret it). I need to start logging my food again...

I felt this way this AM. I honestly felt my NSV was just getting out of bed. And showering. And getting to work.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I don't know if it's the crappy weather, PMS, fall allergies, or what, but all I want to do this whole week has been to crawl back into bed with a good book and lots of chocolate. My eating has been pretty bad (although I did get my fudgy brownie and I don't regret it). I need to start logging my food again...

I felt this way this AM. I honestly felt my NSV was just getting out of bed. And showering. And getting to work.

On some days, those truly are victories. I speak from experience! :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    My two confessions for the day:

1. I am already debating in my head how I want to attack Thanksgiving/Christmas meals this year. I am thinking that I'll eat around 1,300-1,600 a week before the holidays & then have a lot of extra calories to eat back from Fitbit. I don't plan on having an all out gorge like last Christmas, but it would be freeing to know that I can overindulge without having to worry about much.
    2. It's 7:39 & I've already ate a thousand calories. This isn't a binge, but I find on my days off I like to eat a lot of my calories earlier.

Pre planning awesome
    I hear that it is best to have your first meal of the day to be a big one and that eating less before you go to bed promotes weight loss.

I've pretty much been doing the opposite of that, and I'm doing OK. I think it's whatever works for you is what promotes weight loss. If it isn't sustainable for YOU, then it isn't going to work. I have to have dessert every night. If I try to deprive myself of that, I freak out and eat ALL THE FOODZ. So, if I work about 250-300 calories of ice cream into my diary every night, I do much better.

I don't eat breakfast until 9:00 to 10:00 most mornings, because I'm not hungry. Why eat when I'm not hungry? You can't "kickstart" your metabolism. Your metabolism is what it is, unless you have done some serious damage to it (i.e., anorexia).

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox. One last comment of - don't believe all the gimmicks you hear. 99% of them are just that, gimmicks.

I believe its calories consumed during the day, period. That is how I live. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession

I tend to eat mindlessly. Which makes this program work so well for me. If I have to log it before I put it in my mouth I find myself saying. "Why am I picking this up, I'm not hungry, and I don't even want this.
    Here is the rub. It's coming up to Halloween. During Halloween there are always buckets of cheep candy every where.
    I'm worried that my tendency to pick up and eat will be on overdrive.

I find as long as I don't touch it I am good. Once I have one piece, I have 50. Or one handful of M&Ms becomes 3. So my strategy is don't have the first. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I kept getting stared at last night at work. It was mostly by male patients, and one new male nursing student. When I took my dinner break, I spent at least 5 minutes in the bathroom searching the mirror to see if there was something on my face or anything gross on my shirt/in my hair. I wear a dark blue button-up polo shirt, so no cleavage is exposed. I wear light colored baggy khaki pants, so nothing should have been showing there. The only thing I could think was that the day before, I had a small blood spot on the back of my pants. This was washed out and no new spots were discovered. Still having found nothing, I'm not really sure what the issue was.

Maybe you looked hot? :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I confess that today I have a general feeling of bleh. I mean, I've lost 2.5 kg (a little over 5 lbs) and I'm doing great with exercise, steps, and calories. But then I looked in the mirror this morning, and I just felt so fat and squishy and just ugly. :/

Also, I'm sad, because I earned calories to have cheesecake today, but Mr. Susie fell asleep. Now I don't get to have cheesecake. Tomorrow, maybe? :smiley:
  • Oberon21
    Options

1. I am already debating in my head how I want to attack Thanksgiving/Christmas meals this year. I am thinking that I'll eat around 1,300-1,600 a week before the holidays & then have a lot of extra calories to eat back from Fitbit. I don't plan on having an all out gorge like last Christmas, but it would be freeing to know that I can overindulge without having to worry about much.
    2. It's 7:39 & I've already ate a thousand calories. This isn't a binge, but I find on my days off I like to eat a lot of my calories earlier.

Wow on planning. Highly impressed. Just take long/vigorous walks and exercise more? :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    We're on page 1599! Almost to 1600!

It feels like it was FOREVER ago when we hit 1500 (compared to previous 100 page markers)!

That's because so many moved permanently to the BatCave and this place has slowed WAAAAAAY down.

It's so hard to keep up in there :( blah it makes me sad.

I'm actually considering dropping out of this after the 1600 page run. Maybe drop in occasionally, but the real action is definitely in the Batcave now. ;)

Which is why I am checking in here this am... more manageable. I do all of them that I am interested in tho. I find you guys fascinating. ;)

I like coming in here and seeing new people. I'll keep coming in here first. It's good to have new thoughts/confessions.

And guys... this is supposed to be fun. Don't stress. Just jump in where you can.

Thank you for sticking with us. I enjoy your presence.

I tried to find confession is good for the soul under groups and could not find it.
    There are 256 pages of groups. Do you know what page it is on?

I'll invite you... then you can join us!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    sarabeth40 wrote: »
    Not a gym confession, but my friend is getting back together with her loser boyfriend. He treats her like dirt. I hate him. Anyways, she made him some fall cookies. I might or might not have licked some of them. :p

LOL, awesome - about the cookies :wink: I have a friend with a less than ideal husband. It is very frustrating when a loved one is with someone so wrong for them, but unfortunately you can't make them see it.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I kept getting stared at last night at work. It was mostly by male patients, and one new male nursing student. When I took my dinner break, I spent at least 5 minutes in the bathroom searching the mirror to see if there was something on my face or anything gross on my shirt/in my hair. I wear a dark blue button-up polo shirt, so no cleavage is exposed. I wear light colored baggy khaki pants, so nothing should have been showing there. The only thing I could think was that the day before, I had a small blood spot on the back of my pants. This was washed out and no new spots were discovered. Still having found nothing, I'm not really sure what the issue was.

I felt like this was happening the other day while I was out. I kept discreetly checking my outfit because I couldn't figure out what everyone was looking at, and checked a mirror as soon as I could to make sure there was nothing on my face - there wasn't.

I try and tell myself that it's because they like something about me and that's why they're looking - otherwise my anxiety gets the better of me and I feel really insecure.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I was such a child last night, wanted a takeaway for tea but nobody else did, so you would think I should say good, I can stick to my calories, but nope, I sulked, to myself. And had chocolate and crisps for tea, but hey, was still within my calories :smile:

I felt like such a kid yesterday eating Frankenberry cereal for breakfast.

My SO would love that stuff! We already come back from US trips with huge boxes of Captain Crunch with Crunchberries.

I just flexed to check out my arm in my office mirror. It's a tiny cheap "locker" mirror that I have on the wall and it's to prevent disasters like walking around sporting a mascara smear or food in my teeth, so I had to move around to view my whole arm.

I like muscles. :)But I'm really glad nobody saw me do that.

I'm just waiting for the day someone catches me flexing in the work washroom :blush:
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Confession

I tend to eat mindlessly. Which makes this program work so well for me. If I have to log it before I put it in my mouth I find myself saying. "Why am I picking this up, I'm not hungry, and I don't even want this.
    Here is the rub. It's coming up to Halloween. During Halloween there are always buckets of cheep candy every where.
    I'm worried that my tendency to pick up and eat will be on overdrive.

I find as long as I don't touch it I am good. Once I have one piece, I have 50. Or one handful of M&Ms becomes 3. So my strategy is don't have the first. :)

This is how I operate at work.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

That's what I did for my last vacation. I banked all of my exercise calories.

I still don't know what I'm going to decide on for my birthday, lol
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options

Manet you are easy on the eyes and they enjoyed looking
  • raymax4
    Options

Manet you are easy on the eyes and they enjoyed looking

Maybe darn the spell check
  • raymax4
    Options
    My NSV for today. Saw my doctor this morning, and I no longer have to take BP meds! I am slowly but surely getting off all these darn pills! Two more to go!

I love this, it goes to show we have control over our medical destiny

One year ago I was taking two shots a day (insulin and a medication to help my body produce insulin) and 2 different kind of pills to control blood sugar and also taking pills for cholesterol and blood pressure. I got off the shots many months ago and am down to one of the pills and half dose of other one for blood sugar and off the cholesterol and bp meds. We do have control over some things. Some are not so lucky as I am, there is no cure for type 1 diabetes for instance.

It is sad that some have problems that they don't have control over.
    I do believe that there are more people that can change their destiny than not.