• jeanniebeanie59
    jeanniebeanie59 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Me:1
    LNS:0
  • quilter46
    quilter46 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's great to see I am not alone in the late night snacking area. I have felt like such a failure, had no self discipline and was just a loser! But seeing all your posts, I am inspired to get back on that horse and try again! Thanks!!!
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    faithan84 wrote: »
    I posted this last night on the belief that I was under control. I lost control later. I probably ate 1,000 extra calories in dried fruit and raw nuts and nut butters. :frowning:

Edit:
    Me: 12
    LNS: 3*
    Streak: 0

Night two of out of control LNS. This time though it was way worse. I bought a ton of junk food that I've only had once or twice in the last nine and a half months. Cookies, cake, ice cream, bread, potato chips, and fried chicken. I stuffed myself until I felt sick, and still feel sick this morning. Not worth it. Totally a reminder that the choices and changes I've made are keeping me from a downward spiral that would lead me right back to where I used to be. Back to better choices!!!

LNS: 4*
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Me: 15
    LNS: 1
    Streak: 14

Going strong. Not even tempted to have anything after planned dessert. Having a planned dessert has really helped me.
  • Skippie1234
    Skippie1234 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me: 14
    LNS: 2
  • judithgreene2014
    judithgreene2014 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    GA Everyone and great to be back! Thanks for setting up the challenge :)
    My goals are to continue not eating after 8 pm and to continue the no yo/yo effect!

I held to my goals while on vacation in Israel and my final numbers for August were: ME: 31 LNS: 0 Streak: 43 AND I hit another goal and lost 5 lbs! Not hard in an environment where there is good fresh food and plenty of walking up and down hills, mountains and caves! So my goal is to continue being and doing fit stuff instead of eating empty calories!

September 1: ME: 1* LNS: 0 Streak: 44
    There is no place like home! Let's go and remember the goal is to be the best you can be! Good luck everyone! o:)

ME: 2* LNS: 0 Streak: 45 o:)

ME:4* LNS:0 Streak: 47 o:)
    Happy Labor Day!

ME 6 LNS 1* Streak:0
    o:)

ME: 11* LNS:1 Streak: 5
    Back on track o:)

ME: 16* LNS:1 Streak: 10 Sticking to the no yo-yo plan again!

Everyone is doing reall great! Whether you have a streak or not, just the fact you are showing up and trying counts. Before you can defeat a problem, you have to recognize it, admit it and get the strength to fight it! So, good show everyone! o:)
  • RuaLGirL
    RuaLGirL Posts: 48 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    For 09.16.15

Me 0
    Lns 2
  • LADWANGARRETT
    LADWANGARRETT Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Jazz1979P wrote: »
    I am already doing Steptember, so doing 10k every day for 28days. I still wanted to share some of my hints. After dinner just before cravings hit or right on time I drink a green tea or matcha tea. If I still have cravings afterwards I check the time and wait for at least 20-30min. If I still have cravings I weight out a small snack to log it, like nuts or dark chocolate and the I fully enjoy it one by one! Good luck everybody!

• LADWANGARRETT
    LADWANGARRETT Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group but I was looking for a way to cut the cravings. Thanks for the insight on tea!!
  • sufufitness
    sufufitness Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Me:17
    LNS:0
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,091 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    WalkerPop wrote: »
    Me: 13*
    Streak: 4! :smile:

I posted this last night on the belief that I was under control. I lost control later. I probably ate 1,000 extra calories in dried fruit and raw nuts and nut butters. :frowning:

Edit:
    LNS: 3*

Get up. Dust off. And get back on! You can make that the exception, where (if you're like me) it used to be the rule!
    Rebamae wrote: »
    Pretty obvious I am not going to make my goal.
    So I am going to set a new one for the next 15 days:
    15/15!
    I must do this!!

Onward and downward we go o:)

Fifteen days…today plus two weeks. Don't let anything be more important than showing your impulses who is boss! Shoot, reward yourself - after that 15 days - with an intentional Late Night Snack day. Be intentional (not impulse) with it and it's still a win, in my never-to-be-humble opinion.

Everyone, we're redefining "normal" for our minds and emotions. The latter is probably where this war is fought for everyone in this group. We can all do math, so it's more than figuring out how many calories we can consume. It's not letting our emotions and impulses decide our future by ruling out present!

Me: 16* …
    LNS: 0  …
    Streak: 16 … (46 overall) …

I'm so proud of/for everyone in this group - new or long-term!
    - Vance

I agree! We are all hanging in there and doing our best. Perhaps we need to cut ourselves a little slack. Maybe we should state how many nights we may snack and then we are deciding when to do it rather than be driven by impulse. You might even decide in the end not to snack on your designated day, which would be a double win!

We don't need to be perfect, just in control. :) And if we do fall off the horse, just climb right back into the saddle. Plotting the course of a yacht is a series of adjustments. So, too, must we plot our course in life.

Me: 17*
    LNS: 0
    Streak: 17...(24 in overall)
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Me 3
    Lns 0
    I am currently on a great streak with my daily food and exercise and weight loss. Nothing quite like feeling energetic and confident.
    Of course, i have to brush off all the doubts that come up telling me this cant last! I just have to take it one bite, one step at a time, the rest will take care of itself.
    Slow and steady wins the race.
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Me: 17*
    LNS: 0

:)
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    my downfall yesterday was far worse than LNS, but i did not LNS, so:

me:13*
    lns:4
    streak:5
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options

We don't need to be perfect, just in control. :) And if we do fall off the horse, just climb right back into the saddle. Plotting the course of a yacht is a series of adjustments. So, too, must we plot our course in life.

I think i'll print this out and post it on my kitchen cabinet :)
  • Skippie1234
    Skippie1234 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me: 15
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Me: 16
    LNS: 1
    Streak: 15

• WalkerPop
    WalkerPop Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Me: 17* …
    LNS: 0 …
    Streak: 17 … (47 overall) …
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Me: 11*
    LNS: 5
    Streak: 1
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Me: 13*
    LNS: 5
    Streak: 1

After 3 bad nights, I have one back under my belt! I'm feeling much better today.