Couch To 5K Starting June 6th, Join Please!

Options

Replies

• chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Only saw this post today; I'm in Singapore and it's already June 6th here. Saw the website and I love it!! Been running about 3K and felt like dying at the end of it; used to wonder how the heck I'd get anywhere near 5K, but the programme looks great!

Will start Day 1 today :) Would be great if there were a Facebook group we could post our successes and encouragement in though..any thought on starting one?
    Great! I'll add you to the list too. This will be a great program for you, then. As for the Facebook group, I'd prefer to just keep it on MFP.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    OOh I'm first - possible because I'm in Australia and it is already Jun 6 here :wink:

Completed W1D1 - again :laugh: - 1.7mi in 31 minutes - didn't feel too bad, but then I actually power walked 3 of the run stints - which is probably as fast I can run anyway :cry: - mind you I only did it on the hilly bits - shins felt good, knees were a little iffy though :embarassed:

Things can only get better from here :drinker:
    Thats awesome! Good job! :happy: Glad I'm not the only C25k repeater in the bunch, hopefully I'll get further than week two this time :laugh:
    I know you'll get farther than week two this time!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    So, I did Week 1 Day 1 today. I may have actually been jogging slower than I walk...but I was sent the gift of a fog so that no one could see me.

I feel equal parts embarassed and proud.

I'll tell you what...those extra 30seconds of walking time feel really luxurious towards the end! :)
    Glad you got the first one finished. I also think I can walk faster than my jogging lol. The end is always the best, because then you're glad that you finished it. Sometimes at first I'm dreading a treadmill workout but once I get going, it gets better.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Awesome job to everyone who started today with W1D1 of C25K! I'm starting tomorrow!:smile:

Hope everyone has a good day!
    I'm starting tomorrow too! Good luck!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Hi! just started today. :) Count me in. I'm doing the treamill program and hopefully can transition to outside. :)
    I'm doing the treadmill one too. I don't trust myself to do it outside because I know I'll slack off. The treadmill will push me.
  • tkay72
    tkay72 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Would love to join
  • tkay72
    tkay72 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Would love to join
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I am in! I was going to start on Friday but never did. I will be doing it outside since i don t have a treadmill i do have an elliptical but I am not good on it. and it is harder than a treadmill lol
    Welcome!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I was going to start last week as well...did one day!!!

I have out of town guests and it's difficult to entertain and try to get the exercise in

I've read before good download music apps...but, forgot what the best ones were recommended...please advise...thanks, Kim
    I'm not sure about the music.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Would love to join
    Great!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    ************************************************ATTN:
    Hey, lovelys! Looks like today's our official start day. This week, (June 6 - June 12) why don't we talk about music? You can suggest songs, artists, etc. What music pushes you through a hard workout, what music relaxes you. Have fun this week everyone!
  • ginmo333
    ginmo333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I was JUST going to post a thread for anyone who wanted to start the C25k with me...but looks like you have already done it! I am sooo in and excited to have a good support group! Thanks :)
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I was JUST going to post a thread for anyone who wanted to start the C25k with me...but looks like you have already done it! I am sooo in and excited to have a good support group! Thanks :)
    lol no problem. Welcome to our group! :)
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    I'm starting today. Perfect timing!! woohoo!!
    I'm soo excited for this. I'm ready!! I wanna lose at least 10lbs before my vacation in 3 weeks!!
    Let's do this!!
  • oukii
    oukii Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi everyone! Great to be starting our C25K together. Best of luck and success for our journey to health!
  • KatheryneH13
    KatheryneH13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Just did W1D1 and I was dying. OMG, worse feeling ever. But now that I'm done and at home resting I feel so much better.
    Music wise, I'm very interested to know what you guys are listening too. I was jamming to Jennifer Lopez's new song.
  • madibabyxo
    madibabyxo Posts: 20
    Options
    Just did W1D1 on the treadmill. It was a total of 1.81 miles for me, with a 1% incline, running at 5mph, and walking at 3mph. It was a little too easy so im going to bump up the speed for day 2. Goodluck to the rest of you ! :flowerforyou:
  • lehuagirl
    lehuagirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Can I come too? I got up to 25 minutes over a year ago and then stuff happened and I stopped. I'd like to start again and am so glad to find a support group in mfp!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I'm starting today. Perfect timing!! woohoo!!
    I'm soo excited for this. I'm ready!! I wanna lose at least 10lbs before my vacation in 3 weeks!!
    Let's do this!!
    Good luck on meeting your goal! And welcome.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Hi everyone! Great to be starting our C25K together. Best of luck and success for our journey to health!
    :drinker: