Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Okay, ya'll, I finally broke down and ordered a variety pack of Quest bars from Amazon. I tried the chocolate peanut butter one this morning and i was not impressed. I could definitely taste.the stevia more than the chocolate. However, my husband liked the coconut one - I am allergic to coconuts so definitely wasn't eating it. I am going to try one of the fruit flavors next and hope it's better.

I cannot stand any of the flavors with peanut butter. Yucky. Too bad on the coconut allergy, that's one of my favorite flavors!

I LOVE the peanut butter clif bars. Too much.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Sometime silly I just thought of, someone gave me a Shake Weight.

What is a shake weight? Someone else mentioned it too.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    shake-weight.png27f52ded4342ec20_SELF-shake-weight.xxxlarge_0.jpg

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Confession: I've been using the large amount of activity I've been getting as an excuse to eat all the candy. I ate an entire 8 serving bag of those little pumpkin shaped candy corn things last night. It was within my calorie goal, since I ran 7 miles yesterday and worked out in the morning, but I wasn't hungry and didn't really need to eat them.

Confession after reading this I remembered I had a bag of candy & ended up demolishing Hershey's White Chocolate Candy Corn.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Okay, ya'll, I finally broke down and ordered a variety pack of Quest bars from Amazon. I tried the chocolate peanut butter one this morning and i was not impressed. I could definitely taste.the stevia more than the chocolate. However, my husband liked the coconut one - I am allergic to coconuts so definitely wasn't eating it. I am going to try one of the fruit flavors next and hope it's better.

I haven't tried the new formula bars with the exception of the Quest Pumpkin Pie (way too sweet & doesn't taste much like pumpkin). My three favorite flavors are Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Cookies & Cream, & White Chocolate Raspberry.

My least favorite were the Coconut Cashew & Lemon Cream Pie Quest (tasted like Pledge).

One of my new favorite bars at the moment are the Combat Crunch Birthday Cake

Where did you get this? I want to try one. Oh and how many calories?

I bought mine online at www.gnc.com, but you can also find them in the store (these usually sell fast in store so that's why I bought them online).

The calories are 210 calories & 63 grams, but have weighed up to 70 grams.

These are definitely a lot better than the Fit Elite Cookie Dough bars I bought.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    shake-weight.png27f52ded4342ec20_SELF-shake-weight.xxxlarge_0.jpg
    I still can't believe I actually had this thing.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I was craving chocolate and there was a small slice of chocolate cream pie in the freezer. My 8-yr old son wanted it, but I told him it was bad and threw it in the trash. Once he left the kitchen, I took it out of the trash (it was in a box) and ate it in 30 seconds flat.

Wow, I can't believe I just put that out there.

We've been talking about taking food out of the trash all week. I am meaner than you, I would have just told my kid it was mine and eaten it.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm coming back to the original thread! Batcave moves sooooo fast I HATE getting behind :(
    Welcome back! I have a hard time keeping up with the batcave too

You guys crack me up...you moved to the batcave because this moved too fast. Now that moves too fast. You'll end up just switching back and forth. I start here always. Its my first love. ;)

I always start here, POF. I visit the bat cave every day or every other day, but I am here every day.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

Did you use it? Because I sure did. :s
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

My personal favourites are the Apple Pie, Banana Nut Muffin, Cinnamon Roll ones (and I guess the connecting factor there is "cinnamon"...) I've never had the peanut ones because my husband is super allergic and I don't want to accidentally kill him with kisses or something, lol.

I think most people like the cookie dough and white chocolate raspberry a lot, so those are safe bets too. Did you stick it in the microwave for 15 seconds? That seriously improves them too.

:o why have I not heard of this yet??? I must try it.....

ETA: Is that with any flavor?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

picture0822151335_3.jpg

Ohhh, bet I'd love those! And I'm just as sure I'd never find any sold near me.

With this particular flavor I believe they're only sold at GNC, & on their website.

The bar is amazing after heated in the microwave.

How many carbs are in one of those?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm coming back to the original thread! Batcave moves sooooo fast I HATE getting behind :(
    Welcome back! I have a hard time keeping up with the batcave too

You guys crack me up...you moved to the batcave because this moved too fast. Now that moves too fast. You'll end up just switching back and forth. I start here always. Its my first love. ;)

I always start here, POF. I visit the bat cave every day or every other day, but I am here every day.

I do it the other way around.....I was surprised there was 90 posts here today!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »

picture0822151335_3.jpg

Someone I follow on Instagram is sponsored by them (or just wants to be lol). I had never heard of them, and I'm sure they won't be sold near me either - or they'd be super expensive. Maybe I'll take a look though.

If they're at GNC in the States they might be here too, and I plan to find out because birthday cake flavour is my kryptonite. I don't even like cake that much but there's something about artificial-vanilla-flavoured stuff that gets me every time. Might be the sprinkles. Lol.

I guess I'm the opposite. I love cake and frosting and I'm not picky! I'll even eat the cheap grocery store cake. But I don't like birthday cake flavored stuff. The birthday cake oreos in my cupboard are safe from me :p

ETA the lemon oreos, however, should be scared

Those are my favorite!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

picture0822151335_3.jpg

Someone I follow on Instagram is sponsored by them (or just wants to be lol). I had never heard of them, and I'm sure they won't be sold near me either - or they'd be super expensive. Maybe I'll take a look though.

If they're at GNC in the States they might be here too, and I plan to find out because birthday cake flavour is my kryptonite. I don't even like cake that much but there's something about artificial-vanilla-flavoured stuff that gets me every time. Might be the sprinkles. Lol.

Same here. That also holds true for scented candles and body lotions.

Yep! My perfume smells like dessert too - it's allegedly fruity too ("Vanille Abricot" from Comptoir Sud Pacifique) but it just smells like sugar to most people. I occasionally hear things like "Hmm, something smells like cupcakes!" or "Did someone just have a cookie?" when I'm near people and rarely divulge that it's me, lol. They just go off thinking that someone ate the last of the office snacks.

On the Sephora website a lot of people say it smells artificial on them, but my body chemistry likes it so people are always floored when I do tell them it's just my perfume and not actual baking. And my husband, who's allergic to everything, loves it and doesn't react at all to it so that's a bonus.

I will look into it. I have many perfume (and other) allergies and the only one I know I can wear is green tea by Elizabeth Arden.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    I was craving chocolate and there was a small slice of chocolate cream pie in the freezer. My 8-yr old son wanted it, but I told him it was bad and threw it in the trash. Once he left the kitchen, I took it out of the trash (it was in a box) and ate it in 30 seconds flat.

Pretty sure lying to your kids about the good snacks is a mark of good parenting, lol.

Yea, my older son is a snack thief. He wakes up super early in the morning and finds treats. He have adapted by buying treats after dark and hiding them various places.

That is daughter. I can't have chocolate in the house or she will find it. And eat it. And then tell me she feels fat. :p
  • nonoelmo
    edited October 2015
    Options

My personal favourites are the Apple Pie, Banana Nut Muffin, Cinnamon Roll ones (and I guess the connecting factor there is "cinnamon"...) I've never had the peanut ones because my husband is super allergic and I don't want to accidentally kill him with kisses or something, lol.

I think most people like the cookie dough and white chocolate raspberry a lot, so those are safe bets too. Did you stick it in the microwave for 15 seconds? That seriously improves them too.

Yes, I microwaved it after the first bite. I don't think I could've choked it down if I hadn't. I usually like peanut butter anything, but maybe I will find one I like in the bunch.
    On the plus side, I replaced my usual granola bar with it and have not need a morning snack yet. I usually eat something else around 9:45.

They are very good for this, even the not so tasty ones.

We've not found ANY of the peanut butter ones appealing. I second the cinnamon roll and banana nut muffin ones though. Apple pie I'm hit or miss, but I don't hate it. I also really like the vanilla almond crunch, but you just mentioned a nut allergy. Are almonds okay? (I hope so since they're in ALL the bars!)

I am gluten intolerant and have been GF since 1995 and mostly dairy free. The one nut I can't eat is almond. It is hard to find a gluten-free, dairy-free, almond-free bar. Almonds make me feel very nauseous and cause pain in my entire digestive system. I will be glad when the next "healthiest" thing moves from almonds to something else as the trends seem to do every few years. Walnuts, cashews, whatever it is, I will be glad. :smiley:

ETA I have found one vegan protein shake mix I can use. It uses pea proteins and other but thankfully no dairy, egg, or almonds are present. (or gluten)
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

Pretty sure lying to your kids about the good snacks is a mark of good parenting, lol.

Yea, my older son is a snack thief. He wakes up super early in the morning and finds treats. He have adapted by buying treats after dark and hiding them various places.

That is daughter. I can't have chocolate in the house or she will find it. And eat it. And then tell me she feels fat. :p

I just have to hide snacks from myself :D
  • Oberon21
    Options

Did you use it? Because I sure did. :s

I think the picture or something got removed. Probably perceived as advertising. I'll have to Google it.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

I just have to hide snacks from myself :D

Not sure how that would work...that is when they go into the trash. And then to dumpster. Or that trash eating behavior surfaces!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @quiksylver296 & @MoHousdon I tried the lemon creme pie Quest bar this morning. I don't hate it, but it's not my favorite either. of course I may be the only person either of you know who will peel and eat a whole lemon. I love the fruit and there wasn't enough lemon in the bar to suit me. It was definitely better than yesterday's bar...and I am still not sold on buying them again.