Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 & @MoHousdon I tried the lemon creme pie Quest bar this morning. I don't hate it, but it's not my favorite either. of course I may be the only person either of you know who will peel and eat a whole lemon. I love the fruit and there wasn't enough lemon in the bar to suit me. It was definitely better than yesterday's bar...and I am still not sold on buying them again.

:s

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    @quiksylver296 & @MoHousdon I tried the lemon creme pie Quest bar this morning. I don't hate it, but it's not my favorite either. of course I may be the only person either of you know who will peel and eat a whole lemon. I love the fruit and there wasn't enough lemon in the bar to suit me. It was definitely better than yesterday's bar...and I am still not sold on buying them again.

I agree it could be more lemony! (But I still like it...)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    One of my new favorite bars at the moment are the Combat Crunch Birthday Cake

picture0822151335_3.jpg

Ohhh, bet I'd love those! And I'm just as sure I'd never find any sold near me.

With this particular flavor I believe they're only sold at GNC, & on their website.

The bar is amazing after heated in the microwave.

How many carbs are in one of those?

I don't have any of the bars left, but according to the nutrition on MFP it should be around 25 carbs.

The only bar I have found that doesn't heat that well in the microwave is the Quest Pumpkin Pie bar (it gets rather messy). I tried one of the new formula Quest Chocolate Chip bars, & have found that they taste pretty similar to how I remember the older formula.

Anyone try the Detour protein bars? I seen Giant had a few bars & decided to buy a few, but haven't gotten around to eating them yet.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Okay, ya'll, I finally broke down and ordered a variety pack of Quest bars from Amazon. I tried the chocolate peanut butter one this morning and i was not impressed. I could definitely taste.the stevia more than the chocolate. However, my husband liked the coconut one - I am allergic to coconuts so definitely wasn't eating it. I am going to try one of the fruit flavors next and hope it's better.

My personal favourites are the Apple Pie, Banana Nut Muffin, Cinnamon Roll ones (and I guess the connecting factor there is "cinnamon"...) I've never had the peanut ones because my husband is super allergic and I don't want to accidentally kill him with kisses or something, lol.

I think most people like the cookie dough and white chocolate raspberry a lot, so those are safe bets too. Did you stick it in the microwave for 15 seconds? That seriously improves them too.

:o why have I not heard of this yet??? I must try it.....

ETA: Is that with any flavor?

You hadn't heard of that? So sorry! I figured someone brings it up every time a quest bar is mentioned. I like doing this to the cookie dough ones best. It is like a warm gooey cookie. I haven't tried with all the flavors.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I still can't believe I actually had this thing.

Did you use it? Because I sure did. :s

I think the picture or something got removed. Probably perceived as advertising. I'll have to Google it.

I could see the pictures still just now but sometimes I can't see pictures posted by certain people so that may be the issue. I guess it depends on the browser/device you are using etc.
  • FroggyBug
    Options

My boyfriend's mom did this for years but it destroyed her teeth.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Okay, ya'll, I finally broke down and ordered a variety pack of Quest bars from Amazon. I tried the chocolate peanut butter one this morning and i was not impressed. I could definitely taste.the stevia more than the chocolate. However, my husband liked the coconut one - I am allergic to coconuts so definitely wasn't eating it. I am going to try one of the fruit flavors next and hope it's better.

My personal favourites are the Apple Pie, Banana Nut Muffin, Cinnamon Roll ones (and I guess the connecting factor there is "cinnamon"...) I've never had the peanut ones because my husband is super allergic and I don't want to accidentally kill him with kisses or something, lol.

I think most people like the cookie dough and white chocolate raspberry a lot, so those are safe bets too. Did you stick it in the microwave for 15 seconds? That seriously improves them too.

Yes, I microwaved it after the first bite. I don't think I could've choked it down if I hadn't. I usually like peanut butter anything, but maybe I will find one I like in the bunch.
    On the plus side, I replaced my usual granola bar with it and have not need a morning snack yet. I usually eat something else around 9:45.

They are very good for this, even the not so tasty ones.

We've not found ANY of the peanut butter ones appealing. I second the cinnamon roll and banana nut muffin ones though. Apple pie I'm hit or miss, but I don't hate it. I also really like the vanilla almond crunch, but you just mentioned a nut allergy. Are almonds okay? (I hope so since they're in ALL the bars!)

I am gluten intolerant and have been GF since 1995 and mostly dairy free. The one nut I can't eat is almond. It is hard to find a gluten-free, dairy-free, almond-free bar. Almonds make me feel very nauseous and cause pain in my entire digestive system. I will be glad when the next "healthiest" thing moves from almonds to something else as the trends seem to do every few years. Walnuts, cashews, whatever it is, I will be glad. :smiley:

ETA I have found one vegan protein shake mix I can use. It uses pea proteins and other but thankfully no dairy, egg, or almonds are present. (or gluten)

Brand please? I may need it one day.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

My boyfriend's mom did this for years but it destroyed her teeth.

I don't do this every day, but when I want a lemon, nothing else will do.
  • BryonySigrun
    BryonySigrun Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I binge eat on occasion and feel terrible after :s
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I can't eat any of the chocolate-y Quest Bars; they wreak havoc on my insides.

The bars that wreaked havoc on my insides were the Atkins bars. The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough were tasty, but the flatulence & stink that came out of my butt was so not worth it! I am surprised I didn't die or kill other people from the stench that repeatedly left my butt.

This reminded me, did anyone watch this weeks episode of Castle?

YES! t83dj9oi0sfc.gif

I think "the Nose" should get an emmy for her role! She was so funny!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I can't eat any of the chocolate-y Quest Bars; they wreak havoc on my insides.

The bars that wreaked havoc on my insides were the Atkins bars. The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough were tasty, but the flatulence & stink that came out of my butt was so not worth it! I am surprised I didn't die or kill other people from the stench that repeatedly left my butt.

This reminded me, did anyone watch this weeks episode of Castle?

YES! t83dj9oi0sfc.gif

I think "the Nose" should get an emmy for her role! She was so funny!

Definitely! I hope they bring her back in the future!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    My neighbor brought me 2 bunches of bananas that were close to being too ripe to eat, so I made banana bread. It is so yummy! (Especially the loaf I made with pecans and chocolate chips!) Thankfully it is going pretty quickly at work, so I won't have to eat it all!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

Yes, I microwaved it after the first bite. I don't think I could've choked it down if I hadn't. I usually like peanut butter anything, but maybe I will find one I like in the bunch.
    On the plus side, I replaced my usual granola bar with it and have not need a morning snack yet. I usually eat something else around 9:45.

They are very good for this, even the not so tasty ones.

We've not found ANY of the peanut butter ones appealing. I second the cinnamon roll and banana nut muffin ones though. Apple pie I'm hit or miss, but I don't hate it. I also really like the vanilla almond crunch, but you just mentioned a nut allergy. Are almonds okay? (I hope so since they're in ALL the bars!)

I am gluten intolerant and have been GF since 1995 and mostly dairy free. The one nut I can't eat is almond. It is hard to find a gluten-free, dairy-free, almond-free bar. Almonds make me feel very nauseous and cause pain in my entire digestive system. I will be glad when the next "healthiest" thing moves from almonds to something else as the trends seem to do every few years. Walnuts, cashews, whatever it is, I will be glad. :smiley:

ETA I have found one vegan protein shake mix I can use. It uses pea proteins and other but thankfully no dairy, egg, or almonds are present. (or gluten)

Brand please? I may need it one day.

Naturade Vegan Smart all in one nutritional shake. 20 g non-gmo protein. 6 grams fiber. no choloesterol. zero trans fat. dairy and soy free. gluten free.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    My neighbor brought me 2 bunches of bananas that were close to being too ripe to eat, so I made banana bread. It is so yummy! (Especially the loaf I made with pecans and chocolate chips!) Thankfully it is going pretty quickly at work, so I won't have to eat it all!

Sounds wonderful.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I was craving chocolate and there was a small slice of chocolate cream pie in the freezer. My 8-yr old son wanted it, but I told him it was bad and threw it in the trash. Once he left the kitchen, I took it out of the trash (it was in a box) and ate it in 30 seconds flat.

Wow, I can't believe I just put that out there.

We've been talking about taking food out of the trash all week. I am meaner than you, I would have just told my kid it was mine and eaten it.

I always did the same. My kids would say, What is that, mommy?

Nunya (as in, nunya business). Only for adults.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    I was craving chocolate and there was a small slice of chocolate cream pie in the freezer. My 8-yr old son wanted it, but I told him it was bad and threw it in the trash. Once he left the kitchen, I took it out of the trash (it was in a box) and ate it in 30 seconds flat.

We've been talking about taking food out of the trash all week. I am meaner than you, I would have just told my kid it was mine and eaten it.

I used this with my daughter all the time! She now uses it with her kids. Pretty sure I got it from my mom. <3
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    P

I am so stealing that...yes I am!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

I think the picture or something got removed. Probably perceived as advertising. I'll have to Google it.
    That's... really weird. I can't see it anymore either.

It's a dumbell you shake for six minutes for "shaping and toning your upper body". It looks very silly.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

That's... really weird. I can't see it anymore either.

It's a dumbell you shake for six minutes for "shaping and toning your upper body". It looks very silly.

I didn't actually witness it but my husband went on a pub crawl with a bunch of people and at one of the bars they had a contest to see who could keep shaking the weight the longest. So for a piece of "workout equipment" it makes a pretty good bar olympics catagory
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

Pretty sure lying to your kids about the good snacks is a mark of good parenting, lol.

Yea, my older son is a snack thief. He wakes up super early in the morning and finds treats. He have adapted by buying treats after dark and hiding them various places.

That is daughter. I can't have chocolate in the house or she will find it. And eat it. And then tell me she feels fat. :p

I just have to hide snacks from myself :D

Not sure how that would work...that is when they go into the trash. And then to dumpster. Or that trash eating behavior surfaces!

I'm out of sight, out of (mostly) mind. So I'm much less likely to attack the jelly beans if they are in my desk drawer that I rarely open - even better if I can avoid them for a week because I'll really start to forget. Spare baked goods go in the freezer and same thing happens. I'm a lucky girl that way, I guess.